Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mcgavin27']you can use preowned games even websites like ebgames. I did it and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

But what about online sites like eBay.com and other online sites where PayPal is involved?

[quote name='Wario64']holy crap, i just read this thread for the first time today. i could get $30 just from my PSP games alone

awesome! i knew keeping all my receipts would pay off :D

quick question: can i mail in multiple forms in 1 envelope? and photocopying the receipt is acceptable, right?[/QUOTE]

From http://www.pricegrabber.com/home_help.php?keyword=$5+bonus

[quote name='PriceGrabber.com']
Question: If I have multiple bonus review forms, can I send them all in 1 envelope?

Answer: Yes. When doing so, please make sure you organize the bonus forms by using a staple or paperclip to group the information that belongs together. This will help prevent the forms from getting mixed up or lost.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone ever got a tomb raider: angel of darkness rebate. I swore I saw this up and requested one but maybe my mind's just playing tricks on me (my email account is filled with these pricegrabber rebate forms).

thanks for the replies. i wished i ordered more games online, i'm missing a few receipts for some older games. ah well

anyone know where i can get a upc copy of the Nintendo Wavebird (gray) controller? i have the receipt but hell if I keep those controller boxes :p

[quote name='Wario64']thanks for the replies. i wished i ordered more games online, i'm missing a few receipts for some older games. ah well

anyone know where i can get a upc copy of the Nintendo Wavebird (gray) controller? i have the receipt but hell if I keep those controller boxes :p[/QUOTE]

I have one I can scan for you Wario.

I need a UPC scan of the Gameboy Player for the Gamecube and a scan of a GBA Advance (original) box UPC. Same predicament!

i would really appreciate it if you can upload the scan somewhere, galvatron :D

unfortunately i dont have the GB Player or GBA boxes

[quote name='Wario64']i would really appreciate it if you can upload the scan somewhere, galvatron :D

unfortunately i dont have the GB Player or GBA boxes[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea:

1) Go to BB or CC.
2) Find item in question in store.
3) Find decent quality MFC in store.
4) Make multiple copies of said UPC, telling store rep "I'm trying to see how well it works for making copies of UPCs for rebates".
5) Put item back on shelf.
6) Leave store.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's an idea:

1) Go to BB or CC.
2) Find item in question in store.
3) Find decent quality MFC in store.
4) Make multiple copies of said UPC, telling store rep "I'm trying to see how well it works for making copies of UPCs for rebates".
5) Put item back on shelf.
6) Leave store.[/QUOTE]

Too much work.

DIY

Step one: Go to Half.com or Amazon and find the UPC code you need

Step two: DIY here

http://www.schworak.com/upc/barcodes.asp

upcimgasp8vb.gif

Pricegrabs tend to be copies,not originals so it works out ok.

Has anyone done a rebate for a GBA SP? There isn't a UPC on the box since the barcodes on the actual system, should i just photocopy the bottom of the SP or would they accept it if I just sent a receipt?

I'm really frustrated with the pricegrabber website--every time I click on a $5 offer, a new window pops up. I then click the download form button, but nothing happens, no matter which form I'm trying to print... it just sends me to an invalid page. This happens with both Explorer and Firefox--anybody have a clue what's up? :(

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm really frustrated with the pricegrabber website--every time I click on a $5 offer, a new window pops up. I then click the download form button, but nothing happens, no matter which form I'm trying to print... it just sends me to an invalid page. This happens with both Explorer and Firefox--anybody have a clue what's up? :([/QUOTE]

The form is emailed to you.

Thanks for the help guys, but I figured out the problem--unbeknownst to me, my brother installed an additional firewall that was blocking that type of page... sigh....

I've got a stack of nearly a hundred rebates to send out :) I've been digging through my EBgames.com order history, and doing titles like the original Metroid Prime, which I ordered years ago...

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out--most of my rebates will be from just hitting the print button on the EBgames.com order page... I gather from previous posters that those have worked just fine?

OK, it's very possible that I am an idiot, but when I go to a game for which I've printed out a review rebate form, there is no place to review the game. It does not even say "write a review." WTF!?! They still say "$5.00 Bonus" so I don't think it's because the bonus is not available anymore. For example, Eternal Darkness (here: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=580239/search=eternal%20darkness) says that there is a $5.00 bonus available, but on the game page there is no link to write a review.

[quote name='chickenhawk']OK, it's very possible that I am an idiot, but when I go to a game for which I've printed out a review rebate form, there is no place to review the game. It does not even say "write a review." WTF!?! They still say "$5.00 Bonus" so I don't think it's because the bonus is not available anymore. For example, Eternal Darkness (here: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=580239/search=eternal%20darkness) says that there is a $5.00 bonus available, but on the game page there is no link to write a review.[/QUOTE]

Click on "14 User Revies" and then there should be a header above the reviews that states, "Write a review."

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Click on "14 User Revies" and then there should be a header above the reviews that states, "Write a review."[/QUOTE]

See that....I am an idiot. Thanks Admiral!

I did my first review Feel the magic DS, planning on sending the papers tomorrow.

http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php

This website is dedicated in providing scans of dvd covers, cd labels, and dvd inserts for ps2, xbox, gba, dvd, gamecube etc.

If you don't know where i'm getting at, you could save a dvd cover and crop the upc. Making it look like you scanned it.

I made b&w photocopies of the back of the cases. Can I send that in, or do I have to cut the UPC off the photocopy and just send in that? I figure there is a greater chance of it getting lost if I cut them out, especially that I'm going to send in around 45 rebates in 1 envelope.

[quote name='dago2727']I made b&w photocopies of the back of the cases. Can I send that in, or do I have to cut the UPC off the photocopy and just send in that? I figure there is a greater chance of it getting lost if I cut them out, especially that I'm going to send in around 45 rebates in 1 envelope.[/QUOTE]

I'm sending photocoipes of the back of the cases. I'm doing it to show i actually own the games. Today is my first day of using pricegrabber.

Wait how does this work? Do you type up a review for a game and then print it out? Can you mail in more then one review in one envelope?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']BTW, how old do you have to be to write the reviews?[/QUOTE]

it says 18, but they never ask for day of birth

[quote name='dago2727']I made b&w photocopies of the back of the cases. Can I send that in, or do I have to cut the UPC off the photocopy and just send in that? I figure there is a greater chance of it getting lost if I cut them out, especially that I'm going to send in around 45 rebates in 1 envelope.[/QUOTE]

Copies of the backs of the cases has worked in the past.

Some items, like the Wavebird, has the UPC on the "bottom" of the package, so you'll need to get a bit creative on how to put it out there.

[quote name='ericx']I'm sending photocoipes of the back of the cases. I'm doing it to show i actually own the games. Today is my first day of using pricegrabber.[/QUOTE]

This will be my first time sending in rebates to PriceGrabber as well. Lets hope it works.

Is there anyone here who actually has sent in copies of the back of the cases before instead of only a copy of the UPC?

[quote name='dago2727']This will be my first time sending in rebates to PriceGrabber as well. Lets hope it works.

Is there anyone here who actually has sent in copies of the back of the cases before instead of only a copy of the UPC?[/QUOTE]

read post #221

Ok I just wrote a review for Twisted Metal: Head On and Untold Legends. I'm going to send these tomorrow and hope to recieve them as soon as possible!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Ok I just wrote a review for Twisted Metal: Head On and Untold Legends. I'm going to send these tomorrow and hope to recieve them as soon as possible![/QUOTE]

It takes quite a while for them to process the checks. I sent a few of them on the 7th and I just got notified by email that they received it and are processing them. So I'm guessing it'll take a couple of more weeks. Not bad though considering it's like free money.

As for upc's I just scan them in or when I'm lazy I can find the covers on the web and just crop the upc's. I then pasted them in a neat little table in Word in each cell with the respective names; all I had to do was cut around each cell. Copying the backs seems a bit wasteful as you can only fit 2 games on a sheet of paper and only the upc's are necessary.

Ok I dunno if I'm writing too long of a review for these games compared to other people but I only have 5 games so far.

TM:HO
Untold Legends
MG:A
Lumines
Ape Escape

fuck I can't find the receipt for Lumines and Ape Escape

:EDIT:

My first time doing this so I'm pretty sure you should be alright.

Oh yeah, is there a range of how long you had to buy the game? Like can you still write one even if you bought the game a year ago?

EDIT'D THESE TO SAVE POSTS :rofl:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']fuck I can't find the receipt for Lumines and Ape Escape[/QUOTE]

question. if there are multiple games in one receipt, and most of those have a 5 dollar rebate could i use that receipt several times? i should be able to right?

[quote name='ericx']question. if there are multiple games in one receipt, and most of those have a 5 dollar rebate could i use that receipt several times? i should be able to right?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, is there a range of how long you had to buy the game? Like can you still write one even if you bought the game a year ago?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']fuck I can't find the receipt for Lumines and Ape Escape[/QUOTE]

Who could have guessed a site like Price Grabber would one day offer $5 rebate checks for a 30-word review? I have a number of receipts from over the years, but I certainly didn't save them all. From now on though. . .

[quote name='Zoglog']the edit button is your friend ricebo...[/QUOTE]

Haha sorry I'm too used to posting on Gfaqs :rofl:

The only thing I have a problem with is sending out my information to them (All the credit card info and crap on my reciepts). The trustworthy site factor of it. Does anyone else have problems with this or is the site reputable?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']fuck I can't find the receipt for Lumines and Ape Escape

:EDIT:

EDIT'D THESE TO SAVE POSTS :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, as long as you have the receipt. I got a rebate for Wild Arms 3, and I bought that like 2 years ago for less than $5, so I guess they really don't care. I'm about to try one that I'm not sure will work or not, I have a receipt for Shadow Hearts which I bought at a local game shop, but the receipt just says $14.99 used game, it doesn't appear to have the name of it or the UPC numbers anywhere on there. I'm not sure if they'll be able to understand that it is the correct receipt.

Also, Pricegrabber is a trustworthy site, but if you print out a receipt that has your full credit card number on it or something, I would not trust sending that out, you never know who could open your mail and see it. Most places usually only show XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1234 for the CC number so it would be kind of odd if you had one that showed all the numbers. And if someone can guess your CC number with 12 unknown numbers, they will probably get it with all 16 too.

[quote name='lionheart4life'] I have a receipt for Shadow Hearts which I bought at a local game shop, but the receipt just says $14.99 used game, it doesn't appear to have the name of it or the UPC numbers anywhere on there. I'm not sure if they'll be able to understand that it is the correct receipt.
[/QUOTE]

I sent one of those a couple of days ago. When I bought mario 64 ds the target receipt only said DS sofware E. I don't know if they will accept it.

Man! I just found out about this... I heard it mentioned several times (especially in the $5 BB coupon thread) but never bothered to look into (I ignored GGC for almost a year so go fig)... I bought about 300+ games (half which I kept) over the past year so I probably missed out on a couple hundred dollars at least.

How are you CAGs organizing the materials sent (reciept and UPC)???

I was thinking about putting the reciept and UPC on the same page (instead of stapling) to save on postage... or is it better for them to be seperated... I think someone mentioned copying back of boxes of 2 different games on one page. Not sure what's the most efficient way to expedite them sending the $5 rebates.

WTF?!? Sometimes the UPC code on the back of the game box does NOT match what Pricegrabber lists as the Part #. For example:

---- Forza Motorsport (XB):
Pricegrabber: P7400028
Actual UPC: 805529944466

---- Animal Crossing (GC):
Pricegrabber: 850006000357
Actual UPC: 045496960322

I also notice for Animal Crossing the manufacturer is "Datel Direct" and not Nintendo according to Pricegrabber. WTF?!? Will this effect how they handle our $5 bonus (i.e. rejection)???

[quote name='sabin23']WTF?!? Sometimes the UPC code on the back of the game box does NOT match what Pricegrabber lists as the Part #. For example:

---- Forza Motorsport (XB):
Pricegrabber: P7400028
Actual UPC: 805529944466

---- Animal Crossing (GC):
Pricegrabber: 850006000357
Actual UPC: 045496960322

I also notice for Animal Crossing the manufacturer is "Datel Direct" and not Nintendo according to Pricegrabber. WTF?!? Will this effect how they handle our $5 bonus (i.e. rejection)???[/QUOTE]

I also noticed a difference in the Upc numbers for Jade Empire LE. I sent it in anyway. Hopefully, it won't effect the rebate.

I don't have a scanner, so can I just take a picture of the UPC from the net and print it out, then cut it out and send in my original receipt? I only have a few games with receipts that work, but it's still $5 a pop.

Also, do I need to send them all in seperate envelopes?

okay, I'm new to this, but...

I just combed their site and found that 70 of my games are eligible, and I keep all of my receipts.

Will this be worth my effort to write 70 reviews, scan 70 receipts and scan 70 barcodes? $350 sounds awful nice...

Also, the site is giving me mixed messages. When I search for "zelda", for instance, the Minish Cap there has no $5 rebate link.

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search.php?topcat_id=3&form_keyword=zelda

However, when I click "GB advance games" from there, it takes me to a list of the GB Zeldas, and a Minish Cap there has a $5 bonus.

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=385/form_keyword=zelda

What gives?

I need to get this straightened out before I pull out the bag-o-receipts and start scanning and writing.

A sample review that's acceptable would be nice, too.

Do they take pictures of receipts/UPCs? If they're close pictures.... Kind of a dumb question, but taking pictures is a lot easier for me than scanning them is...

Is there anyway to look up details on TARGET reciepts?

Target doesn't list the UPC or game title (just the console and their own numbers). I read in an earlier post that Price Grabber will accept Target reciepts if they look legit... the only problem is that I have at least a dozen Target receipts (often with multiple games on each) from the last 5 years or so and I have absoultely no idea which game is what.

I don't know if there's online database I can look up... or can Target look up the details of the reciept if I bring it into them? Anybody have any idea about how to proceed?

That's an interesting question, it does suck that Target receipts don't mention the game name on the receipt (at least with clearance games, since I have never bought a non clearance game at Target).

Is there a way you can go by memory and by price to try to figure out what game is on what receipt?

Target might be able to look up the details of the receipt but only back from up to a few months ago most likely (can't say for sure about that), since stuff goes out of their system fast, especially if it is clearance stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back