Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've actually sent in two rebates, had one canceled (They said I didn't include a UPC. I figure it must've fallen out of the envelope) and the other I got the $5 check for.

Need to send some more in. I've been lazy, and I'm gonna have $30 worth I need to send. By the way, I highly suggest making copies of both the receipts and the UPCs, in case they do that "Wasn't included" thing. Or you could just shrug it off, 'cause it's $5 you didn't even realize you were gonna get in the first place, and it's no skin off your nose to lose it.

What have you guys found to be the cheapest place for making copies of receipts/backs of boxes? My last batch I just had my mom take game cases to work and make 2 per page. I have quite a few more to send out in my next round of rebates, so I would like to find a cheap, efficient way to make them.

you can get at least 10 or 15 per page:

just take out the slipcovers, stack the slipcovers on top of each other so the upc will stick out on the slipcover below it.,

i think i got 6 on one page

silent hill 3
thief deadly shadows
the suffering xbx
tiger woods xbx
sudeki
amplitude

that is thirty bucks right there, assuming the rebates all go through.

i may write a review of rumble roses as well, even tho there is no rebate for it. that game is too funny.

I just throw the back of the dvd case onto my scanner, and copy it, along with the receipt.

So I have three pages - the first is the rebate form, second is a scan of the receipt, third is the photocopied back over of the DVD case, and then staple them together.

whats the most you have sent in on one time? I sent ten rebates(around 26 pages) in a big envelope. So hopefully I get all the rebates.

[quote name='ryosnk']whats the most you have sent in on one time? I sent ten rebates(around 26 pages) in a big envelope. So hopefully I get all the rebates.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing 30 I think, in a giant manilla envelope.

This is definitely taking its time--I sent in my first trial batch of stuff nearly two weeks ago, and it's still not listed on the PriceGrabber Rebate Inquiry page... does it normally take this long?

*phew* just got through reading this big-ass thread. This is my first time looking into Pricegrabber and I am really excited! I would just like to ask for clarification on a couple of things here.

1) My main concern is with the timing of reviews. Can I look for games that I have, go ahead and get the rebate forms now, then write the reviews later? This was briefly addressed before, but I just wanted to double-check. Since the reviews are at the heart of this promotion - essentially, what you are being paid for - I wanted to make sure I didn't mess that part up. Like I don't want to find out that I wrote the review too late, and thus I forfeit the rebate or something like that.

Basically I want to know if I can do things in the following order, and be OK:
Get rebate form -> submit review -> mail stuff

2) About the photocopying... has anyone experienced trouble when they copy the receipt and UPC onto the same sheet? I know some people have been trying it, I just want to make sure that those have actually been accepted before I go through with it. It will be nice if I only have to staple one sheet to the rebate form.

3) Someone wrote that "a 32 cent stamp will only cover 3 pages or so." Could someone just briefly summarize how that works? I am like totally clueless when it comes to mailing stuff.

I sent in 7 rebates in, 3 in each envelope (with the extra 1 in it's own special envelope). My reviews are up on the site but I haven't gotten an email from them yet confirming my rebate like the OP said I would (I think lol). If anyone gotten an email from them what does it say?

[quote name='BustaUppa']

3) Someone wrote that "a 32 cent stamp will only cover 3 pages or so." Could someone just briefly summarize how that works? I am like totally clueless when it comes to mailing stuff.[/QUOTE]

Postage only covers a certain weight. A standard 37 cent stamp won't cover much more than a couple pages stuffed in an envelope. You definitely can't send in more than a couple rebates without having to put additional postage on an envelope.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I sent in 7 rebates in, 3 in each envelope (with the extra 1 in it's own special envelope). My reviews are up on the site but I haven't gotten an email from them yet confirming my rebate like the OP said I would (I think lol). If anyone gotten an email from them what does it say?[/QUOTE]

The email just tells you that they are processing it, and you have several more weeks to wait. It also gives you a link to check the status of your rebates. I think it probably takes about a month after you send them in to get the email, then maybe another month to actually get the rebates.

[quote name='ryosnk']whats the most you have sent in on one time? I sent ten rebates(around 26 pages) in a big envelope. So hopefully I get all the rebates.[/QUOTE]

I never get tired of saying it: 70. And I got individual email confirmations for every one of them, all sent at the same time.

Are the scanner/printer combos at Best Buy functional?

I can't find my original boxes for a couple games (must have thown them out) and was hoping to make copies of them at BB (or wherever)... I remember someone (shrike?) mentioning this method earlier in the thread (but another CAG said it was too much work). This way it looks more legit then printing it out from upcdatabase.

Thx to those who helped me with a couple other UPCs... I checked several cover databases but couldn't find these particular UPCs, anybody have these UPCs?

- Wavebird Platinum controller
- Wario Ware, Inc.:Mega Microgame$ (the original GBA one)

hmm, is postage really that expensive? i was planning to put like 4-6rebate forms in 1 envelope.... which would be about 10 pages

I wouldn't say postage is expensive, I had a big envelope with about 40 or so inside and it was less than $2 to mail. Just go to your Post Office and use the scale to check. Today I mailed out three more rebates in a single envelope and it was fine with one stamp.

I've been sending them 8 at a time (with a seperate page for the receipt and rebate) in a large 9 x 12 manilla envelope and postage is $1.29 each time via USPS First Class mail. Of course I'm mailing from Florida and sending to AZ, so your postage costs may vary.

I went through my game collection and out of the 70 or so qualifying games I own, I had receipts for about 45 of them. Plus there was a bunch of GBA games that I didn't keep the boxes or receipts. This does take a long ass time to do, but its worth it if I end up with $225.

i finally received my first two emails.

Your $5.00 Product Review Bonus for PriceGrabbber.com has been received. Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing.

geez.. looks like too much work for not enough reward.. cool for the people who do it.. but i wouldn't want to wait close to 4 months in total time spent.. and the "only the first 50" definately makes me shy away..

[quote name='urzishra14']geez.. looks like too much work for not enough reward.. cool for the people who do it.. but i wouldn't want to wait close to 4 months in total time spent.. and the "only the first 50" definately makes me shy away..[/QUOTE]
"only the first 50" sounds like it would be problematic but it really isn't. If you download the form, then you're in the first 50 and you'll never have to worry about it again. After quota is reached, the link for the form will no longer appear, so there is no ambiguity as to whether or not you made the first 50.

And yeah it sort of does look like a lot of trouble, but it's not so bad. A great deal that you can access from the comfort of your own home... I consider it a refreshing deal that won't require lots of frantic travel from store to store; the uncertainty of wondering what will be in stock; the gas usage; the time; annoying employees/customers; etc. Just look through your old stuff and check the site. Heck I'll blast some music when I look through some more receipts today and it'll be a nice relaxing interlude within my day.

I have a question..on most of the PSP games, such as Dynasty Warriors, it's only at like, 4 reviews. Yet I cannot find a write a review button once the first one is accepted. Also, once the first one is accepted, Can you not write any more reviews? This will severely hinder my plots- i mean, my $5 rebates for 80 or so games.

After looking at the website and seeing that I have many of the games w/ the $5 rebate, and knowing that I save all of my game reciepts, all I have to say is....I'm in.
This may take awhile, but it will relieve a little bit of that buyer' remorse, if ya know what I mean.
Thx OP

[quote name='mkelehan']I never get tired of saying it: 70. And I got individual email confirmations for every one of them, all sent at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Was that 70 reviewed games or 70 pages of rebate info? Also how much was shipping?

[quote name='ryosnk']Was that 70 reviewed games or 70 pages of rebate info? Also how much was shipping?[/QUOTE]

70 reviewed games (now closer to 85). I used UPS, so it was like $5, but I wouldn't do so again, because they had some trouble getting it to the PO box. It got there, but still.

many of the games I'll be requesting rebates for are for games that I picked up for $10 or less. anyone think PG will find this fishy or not?....like maybe it's used or somethin'

About photocopying both the UPC and receipt onto a single page... any word on how that's turning out? I just want to make sure that the people who did this are actually getting their rebates in the end. I got a stack of games ready to go here at work and I'm itching to finally run to the xerox machine and make the copies.

Oh and in case this wasn't brought up.... if you click the link to get the big list of all games for a particular system, then Search within those results, then the rebate link (if applicable) should be displayed. I think people were having a problem when they did a search right from the front page of the site, like the game would show up but it wouldn't say if there was a rebate or not.

[quote name='hobocorpses']many of the games I'll be requesting rebates for are for games that I picked up for $10 or less. anyone think PG will find this fishy or not?....like maybe it's used or somethin'[/QUOTE]

Who knows, it has worked in the past so far. I've gotten a rebate for Amplitude and that was only $2. They could change their policy at any time now since they are probably getting a ton of rebates sent in for cheap games from people here, so its a tough call.

PG also gives $5+ rebates on other stuff besides games. My question is my brother buys electronics for people from ebay. what kind of proof do i need to get the rebates of the stuff my brother buys from ebay?

[quote name='mkelehan']$400 is enough reward to be worth my effort, I think.[/QUOTE]

Going through the process is worth it depending on who you are and what you do as a living. It wouldn't worth it for say, Donald Trump to do these bonuses. But a student with some spare time, it might make sense.

It's quite time consuming after going through the whole process but if you have a lot reciepts and like to crank out review after review, then it might be worth it. Also factor in the opportunity costs and what else you're forgoing in lieu of spending time with these bonuses... studying more to get better grades, working more hours at your regular job or even finding a new job.

I'm a CAG, so of course I'm spending the time with these PG forms.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']I have a question..on most of the PSP games, such as Dynasty Warriors, it's only at like, 4 reviews. Yet I cannot find a write a review button once the first one is accepted. Also, once the first one is accepted, Can you not write any more reviews? This will severely hinder my plots- i mean, my $5 rebates for 80 or so games.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Umm.. I haven't done it yet, but I would assume they will only let a user write one review per game. But since everyone else has been able to submit multiple rebates, if your question is if you can write reviews for more than one game, I'm pretty sure that's possible.

[quote name='botticus']Umm.. I haven't done it yet, but I would assume they will only let a user write one review per game. But since everyone else has been able to submit multiple rebates, if your question is if you can write reviews for more than one game, I'm pretty sure that's possible.[/QUOTE]

My question is that the WRITE REVIEW button is eliminated once they post a review, so how is it people still write reviews for those games and get them posted?

I emailed PG about a couple issues I had. Hope this helps anyone out there who had questions about Target reciepts or UPC/Part Numbers that don't match.

A) Target reciepts are ACCEPTABLE.

I asked because the description for some games I bought from Target are general (i.e. XBOX SOFT, GCUBE SFT, etc.) and do not have the exact title name. There is a 9-digit number next to it but it seems to pertain to Target's own propriety inventory numbers.

B) I noticed some wrong or incomplete "Part numbers (UPC)" on PriceGrabber's Review Bonus forms, that do not match the actual UPC. According to them, no need to worry as this WILL NOT hinder your rebates. The rebate center has all of UPC information available when they process our rebates.

The reason I asked about the Part #'s pertains to the following:
1) Sometimes the UPC code on the back of my box does NOT match what Pricegrabber lists as the Part #. For example, Animal Crossing on Gamecube, the Part Number is listed as 850006000357 on the form when the UPC is actually 045496960322. Also, the manufacturer is listed as "Datel Direct." This is obviously wrong because "Datel Direct" does NOT develop software. Nintendo manufactured Animal Crossing. I also noticed on the forms, many (but not all) of the "wrong" Part Numbers start with the numbers 719546......

2) A few of the "Part Numbers" on the rebate forms appear to correct but are incomplete.

3) Finally, there were a few forms that left the "Part Number" BLANK.

Here are the discrepancies I noted as I doing my PG review bonuses:

1) INCORRECT Pricegrabber Part # (UPC):
---- Forza Motorsport (XB):
Pricegrabber: P7400028
Actual UPC: 805529944466

---- Animal Crossing (GC):
Pricegrabber: 850006000357
Actual UPC: 045496960322

---- Feel the Magic XY/XX (DS):
Pricegrabber: 719546201290
Actual UPC: 010086670004

---- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (GC):
Pricegrabber: 719546192611
Actual UPC: 045496961275

---- Super Mario Sunshine (GC):
Pricegrabber: 719546189291
Actual UPC: 045496960346

---- Jade Empire LE(XB):
Pricegrabber: 719546202075
Actual UPC: 805529999466

---- Final Fantasy XI w/HDD (PS2):
Pricegrabber: 719546182179
Actual UPC: 711719726623

---- Ghost Recon 2 (XB):
Pricegrabber: 719546197340
Actual UPC: 008888511649

2) INCOMPLETE Part #:
---- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC):
Pricegrabber: AHYE
Actual UPC: AHYE 045496730925

---- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2):
Pricegrabber: 26885
Actual UPC: 031719268856

---- Star Wars Episode III (XB):
Pricegrabber: 327775
Actual UPC: 023272327750

---- NBA Street V3 (PS2):
Pricegrabber: 14758
Actual UPC: 014633147582

3) BLANK Part #:
NBA Live 2001 (PS2)
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Walker (GC)
ICO (PS2)
NHL 2002 (GBA)
Sudeki (XB)
Resident Evil (GC)

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']My question is that the WRITE REVIEW button is eliminated once they post a review, so how is it people still write reviews for those games and get them posted?[/QUOTE]

Okay, I get your question now. Click on (x Reviews) and then there you will find your "Write a Review" link.

I finally got an email confirming 3 of my 7 rebates. I guess it did go through and I can't wait to get my $35 back :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone know when or if Coded Arms will get a rebate?[/QUOTE]

From what I've noticed, if it dosen't have one when the game comes out, it most likely won't ever have one.

yay my check is being processed for Star Ocean(which was a TARGET receipt btw)...i sent in about 25 more rebates 3 weeks after i sent in SO3, so hopefully ill get some confirmation emails soon about those.

Ok I got 2 more emails which means 3 total. But each email was just for the same rebates though, I'm not sure if this was an error in which they didn't list the other games because I sent them in different envelopes but under the same name.

this may be stupid and jsut plain wrong, but isn' it possible to buy the games, copy the game/receipt, fill out the pricegrabber rebate, send the items to pricegrabber, then juut return the items you bought? I know it's wrong, but is there a way that Pricegrabber prevents this from happening?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this may be stupid and jsut plain wrong, but isn' it possible to buy the games, copy the game/receipt, fill out the pricegrabber rebate, send the items to pricegrabber, then juut return the items you bought? I know it's wrong, but is there a way that Pricegrabber prevents this from happening?[/QUOTE]

No, not really. Seems like a good amount of work for $5 though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this may be stupid and jsut plain wrong, but isn' it possible to buy the games, copy the game/receipt, fill out the pricegrabber rebate, send the items to pricegrabber, then juut return the items you bought? I know it's wrong, but is there a way that Pricegrabber prevents this from happening?[/QUOTE]

Dont abuse a good thing.

They probably don't have a way to check that unless they actually contact the store and verify the receipt, which they may do during the month that they spend processing the rebate. In the end though, it would probably involve over an hour of work to buy, copy and return the game, and since minimum wage here is $6 an hour, its really not worth the trouble.

[quote name='lionheart4life']They probably don't have a way to check that unless they actually contact the store and verify the receipt, which they may do during the month that they spend processing the rebate. In the end though, it would probably involve over an hour of work to buy, copy and return the game, and since minimum wage here is $6 an hour, its really not worth the trouble.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Lionheart... it's not worth the trouble to try to fake/abuse these bonuses. 1) It may ruin the offer for others in the future. 2) Doing these bonuses the legit way is so time consuming to begin with (finding your old reciepts, copying UPCs, filling out forms, writing the review, postage, etc.)... then you mention about buying/returning the game, which will only add more time and headaches... your time is better spent doing other things in life or making minimum wage.... Remember, you still have to write the review... Even a crappy one will take some time.

I doubt PG actually spends that 1-month verifying if you made that purchase on your reciept (correct me if I'm wrong)... don't stores kick out transactions from their systems after a while???

I have a TRU reciept from 6-years ago (1999), which I'm sending in with my GBC Super Mario Bros. Deluxe review bonus... I doubt PG could even verify that even though it's a legit purchase and I've kept the game (and amazingly the reciept too) after all these years... For one, that would be a time consuming and expensive process to verify every reciept that they recieve. Two, they're already paying people $5 for the reviews... From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense... but this is just speculation on my part. I don't know the inner-workings of the rebate industry.

my guess is that they verify that you actually wrote a review, that it meets their minimum standards, and that the receipt and upc are legit. they are essentially paying $5 per review, and that isnt bad i guess.

Hey Sabin, the UPC differences usually occur because EB games are usually the first people to list the game on the site and they use a different part # system from everyone else it seems and stuff just gets associated to that listing. Also many different vendors do the same thing.

Just so you all know, a small handful of PC games also works with this sale.

Was getting ready to mail out the rebates today, when I found out Doom 3 expansion qualifies for the rebate.

To ask again, how long does it take after you send out the rebates for them to appear on the rebate inquiry page? I sent out my first batch nearly two and a half weeks ago, and the inquiry form still doesn't even find my address :(

I'm hoping that they will let me slide with my one receipt for the $20 Metroid Prime/Wavebird bundle as both of those items have rebates. The receipt only rang up as "Controller", but I figure I'll give it a shot for 37 cents (or just send them in the same envelope more likely), photocopy the front of MP with the "Kmart exclusive Wavebird included" sticker and see what happens.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']To ask again, how long does it take after you send out the rebates for them to appear on the rebate inquiry page?[/QUOTE]

Wait at least a month before you get worried. Once you can log in, expect to wait another 6-8 weeks before you receive anything back. Price Grabber may be handing out money, but they're taking their own sweet time about doing it.

My first pack of rebates (70) arrived at PG on 5/31, and the checks mailed today. 6 week turnaround, not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back