Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mdm']okay, I'm new to this, but...

I just combed their site and found that 70 of my games are eligible, and I keep all of my receipts.

Will this be worth my effort to write 70 reviews, scan 70 receipts and scan 70 barcodes? $350 sounds awful nice...

Also, the site is giving me mixed messages. When I search for "zelda", for instance, the Minish Cap there has no $5 rebate link.

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search.php?topcat_id=3&form_keyword=zelda

However, when I click "GB advance games" from there, it takes me to a list of the GB Zeldas, and a Minish Cap there has a $5 bonus.

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=385/form_keyword=zelda

What gives?

I need to get this straightened out before I pull out the bag-o-receipts and start scanning and writing.

A sample review that's acceptable would be nice, too.[/QUOTE]

See the SKU # next to the publisher name? That's the UPC code for the game in question. Check the UPC on the box, and if it matches, then it's the right game.

The FAQ on the pricegrabber website will answer many of these questions, additionally, the customer service is quite responsive. Seeing as how Target is one of the merchants on their site, I would imagine they would be responsive to Target receipts even if vague. From my experience, pricegrabber is really just buying your review, if it looks like you are not trying to con them, they will honor the $5. However you copy the upc or display the receipt should be fine, provided it is not in your own handwriting on a used cocktail napkin.

Again, for particular cases where you have a receipt from a japanese website where your browser will not display all the characters and then your dog ate half the receipt, email pricegrabber and ask their opinion. Then post the response back here.

The majority of people who have done this have not had any problems. And as always with any long thread, most of your answers will be given on the very first page.

Hey, I don't know if this has been asked yet, but does the receipt you send them have to be from a store, or can you buy a game online and do it. So basically, I'm just asking can this work with games bought online.

I think you might be out of luck with Ebay, unless the seller sends you some kind of formalized packing slip with all the necessary info on it. I guess it could be worth a try sending in the item listing, but I don't know if it would work since there isn't any indication that it was you who bought the item other than the ebay member name.

a store, an online site, an auction site (yes, you ebay), the giant left hand of god descending from the heavens showering the world with cheap games- pretty much anywhere as long as they have some legitimate receipt/transaction slip/invoice/printout/auction won page/email that shows you got an item.
Since this thread has become bloated, you can also read this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29206

Anyone get an email from them yet confirming your rebates? My reviews are already up on their site but aren't I supposed to get an email from them confirming the rebate?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone get an email from them yet confirming your rebates? My reviews are already up on their site but aren't I supposed to get an email from them confirming the rebate?[/QUOTE]

same here

Thanks for clearing up my problems, guys. Looks like with this Target nonsense, potential lost receipts and maybe SKU numbers being wrong I'll only get $200 or so in rebates instead of $350 as projected. Oh well, fewer reviews to write and things to scan.

Also is it a dumb idea to just put the receipt itself in there? And for anyone sending multiple ones in the same envelope, how are you organizing this?

i'm making copies of my receipts, mainly because some of my receipts have multiple games on there. what i plan to do is scan both the UPC and receipt on one page, then staple that page together with the form. that way it'll be somewhat organized when they have to deal with it

So do I put my review up on the site and then mail the receipt, form and UPC, or do I include the review in the envelope with that stuff? It would be easier to put the review up on the site than to mail it in...

[quote name='mdm']So do I put my review up on the site and then mail the receipt, form and UPC, or do I include the review in the envelope with that stuff? It would be easier to put the review up on the site than to mail it in...[/QUOTE]

No need to include the review when you send it in. I usually at least send 4 or 5 at a time. I just staple the rebate form together with a copy of the receipt and photocopied UPC and put them all in a full size manila envelope. I end up paying about $1.20 or so to ship out about 5 forms, not really a big deal. Received 12 of my 21 rebates so far, it takes anywhere between 6 weeks to 10 weeks for me to recieve them.

question. i am wainting on buying a game once it's on sale, but since there is a limit of 50 rebates per game. Can i print out the rebate now and write a review and send in the upc in a week? and send the rebate after i write a review? or is the date of the receipt need to be older of the day the rebate was printed out? thanks.

[quote name='Zoglog']Hey everyone, PriceGrabber just added a whole bunch of $5 rebate bonuses for a whole boatload of games for the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA, and Nintendo DS. All you have to do is write a review and send in a form a copy of your receipt and copy of the UPC. So if you have any games you recently bought check it out and you might be able to get 5 dollars back for writing a review. You can do this for multiple games so you can get back some of that hard earned cash through writing your opinions on the games you've bought. Also if you haven't bought the game yet, you can use this to easily take an additional $5 off. I think I got my rebate back in 2 months for my review on the Shure e2c headphones. Alone it might not be worth it to some people but I just realized I had a bunch of the stuff that they offer the rebate for so i'm sending them all in at once to get a decent sum back =).

Rebates seem to only be for games that are out currently, games on preorder don't have them yet and most of rebates seem to be on the popular games which the site orders them in so you can browse by console from the first page or just do a search to see if your particular game has it.
Games that apply will have "$5.00 Bonus!" Next to them

Here's a direct link to the
Games Page

They do check and approve the reviews so try to make them somewhat decent =)

Hey Guys, just a heads up but they've added $5 rebates for reviews for EVERY psp game out right now that is on thier site. So this is a good chance to get an extra 5 off PSP games you've just bought or are going to buy ;)

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1936[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the post.

it is not the review that triggers the process, but you mailing the filled out form along with receipt/barcode. Once they recieve your form (figure 1-2 weeks after mailing), you will get an email confirming they have recieved it and are now processing the rebate.
A second email will follow later (3-7 weeks) when they send out a check.
You can put the original or a copy, up to you and what you do with your receipts. Who knows, maybe another site will have their own reviews one day...
The date does not matter in terms of purchase vs request for rebate. (Now that means you could abuse this, and get requests for lots of games you don't own but might eventually pick up, thus limiting other's chances, and it is unclear if after three months passing without submitting a review, if your unused slot goes back into the 50, or is gone forever.)
As for sending multiple rebates at the same time, you can do nothing, or staple/paper clip each group together. Stapling makes the most sense.

I have a question cause I have a concern about my envelope of 45 rebates that jsut went out. I had a friend do me a favor and mail it out for me and I asked her to get Delivery Confirmation just so I could see when it got there. Well she got Signature Confirmation and now I'm concerned it won't get signed for and it'll end up getting returned here. Does anyone know what happens when Signature Confirmation is needed and its sent to a PO Box? I really don't know what to think. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I just sent out about 25 envelopes ( 1 envelope per rebate form ). I do remember seeing a lot of reviews from a user named Courageous..... ;p.

I went somewhere in the middle and mailed out several larger envelopes with about 10 rebates each. I figure that if an envelop mysteriously disappears in the mail I'm not out all that much (and I can replace it without too much effort).

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I just sent out about 25 envelopes ( 1 envelope per rebate form ). I do remember seeing a lot of reviews from a user named Courageous..... ;p.[/QUOTE]
Actually it was c0urage0us ;-)
I hope you enjoyed my fluff reviews, I had other people sitting around do some for me based on reading the back of the box. I think more than half of mine say Highly recommended! at the end of the review. Which reminds me, I got a couple more review to write!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I just sent out about 25 envelopes ( 1 envelope per rebate form ). I do remember seeing a lot of reviews from a user named Courageous..... ;p.[/QUOTE]

lol what about Alive741, I think I've done about 80 of these things.

[quote name='alive741']lol what about Alive741, I think I've done about 80 of these things.[/QUOTE]

don't forget about ericx. 2 rebates done!

I just struck PAYDIRT!!!

A whole stack receipts from last year for all the cheap clearance sales when I used my credit card, and had not paid the bill and kept the receipts (bill is paid now, phew).

I'm going to get at least $100 dollars back in pricegrabber rebates!!!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234'] I do remember seeing a lot of reviews from a user named Courageous..... ;p.[/QUOTE]

heh, I noticed seeing a lot of familiar CAGs post their reviews there too, with the same usernames as here.

What's also funny is many of the reviews are posted in conjunction with a CAG deal... Remember $2.99 Rygar at EB? I looked at my EB reciept and it's almost the exact same day as when another CAG posted their review about Rygar at PriceGrabber.

I cranked out about 90 reviews the last couple of days so I'm a little whacky now... I tried to put a decent effort on each review I posted... but I noticed some of the other reviews are garbage... One guy just copied and pasted the Gamespy review (the Pros and Cons section) directly to the Strengths/Weakness boxes! What's the dealio?

[quote name='sabin23']heh, I noticed seeing a lot of familiar CAGs post their reviews there too, with the same usernames as here.

What's also funny is many of the reviews are posted in conjunction with a CAG deal... Remember $2.99 Rygar at EB? I looked at my EB reciept and it's almost the exact same day as when another CAG posted their review about Rygar at PriceGrabber.

I cranked out about 90 reviews the last couple of days so I'm a little whacky now... I tried to put a decent effort on each review I posted... but I noticed some of the other reviews are garbage... One guy just copied and pasted the Gamespy review (the Pros and Cons section) directly to the Strengths/Weakness boxes! What's the dealio?[/QUOTE]

How are you sending all those rebates out?

I've cut out the photocopied UPC, and stapled it to the rebate form with the copy of the receipt. I don't want to do 1 envelope at a time for 30 or so rebates... can I put them all into one big envelope, and that will work?

[quote name='Roufuss']How are you sending all those rebates out?

I've cut out the photocopied UPC, and stapled it to the rebate form with the copy of the receipt. I don't want to do 1 envelope at a time for 30 or so rebates... can I put them all into one big envelope, and that will work?[/QUOTE]

I did something similar to you, but mine is probably heavier then yours .. The first page is the rebate form... and stapled to that is the second page has a copy of the reciept on the left side and the upc on the right. Sounds like you did it all on one page???

As for how I'm sending them out, I'm still undecided at this point. I queried some CAGs. Some have sent a huge stack to PG while others have sent them out individually... the problem with the latter choice is I'm going to end up spending $40-50 on postage. On the other hand, sending in 100 rebates at a time may raise some red flags and complicate processing.

At this point, I'm probably going to send them in as 3 or 4 smaller chunks rather then all at the same time... we'll see as I still got a few more reviews to finish.

[quote name='Roufuss']How are you sending all those rebates out?

I've cut out the photocopied UPC, and stapled it to the rebate form with the copy of the receipt. I don't want to do 1 envelope at a time for 30 or so rebates... can I put them all into one big envelope, and that will work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 1 large envelope should work fine. I sent one in with about 15 and they all went through. However, somebody there entered a few in twice, so they cancelled the duplicates. But I got all 15 back already. Just make sure you keep them organized (i.e., receipt, scan of UPC and rebate form stapled as 1 page and then repeat).

[quote name='sabin23']I did something similar to you, but mine is probably heavier then yours .. The first page is the rebate form... and stapled to that is the second page has a copy of the reciept on the left side and the upc on the right. Sounds like you did it all on one page???

As for how I'm sending them out, I'm still undecided at this point. I queried some CAGs. Some have sent a huge stack to PG while others have sent them out individually... the problem with the latter choice is I'm going to end up spending $40-50 on postage. On the other hand, sending in 100 rebates at a time may raise some red flags and complicate processing.

At this point, I'm probably going to send them in as 3 or 4 smaller chunks rather then all at the same time... we'll see as I still got a few more reviews to finish.[/QUOTE]

Here's my set up right now...

I've got the rebate form, then a page that has the receipt scanned, then a 3rd page that has the back of the game box scanned with the UPC.

Can I leave these as full size pages, or do I actually need to cut out the receipt and UPC?

Roufuss: You're fine. If you look even closer on the rabte form it even says there that scans of the UPC are fine. Receipt scans should also work... they better, I have multiple games on some receipts.

Roufuss: the postage to send 3 pages per rebate will add up. I think a regular 32 cent stamp will only cover 3 pages or so, and even if you mail it bulk you can probably cut the cost in half by cutting them out.

[quote name='jngx80']Roufuss: the postage to send 3 pages per rebate will add up. I think a regular 32 cent stamp will only cover 3 pages or so, and even if you mail it bulk you can probably cut the cost in half by cutting them out.[/QUOTE]

I've got a big manilla envelope, no worries there.

How long does it take for the reviews to show up on the site after I've written them?

Like someone else mentioned, it's hilarious seeing most of the reviews done by CAG's.

With the quality of the reviews, I think most of us see 30 word minimum so we give the minimum details. I started off giving more detailed reviews (like my PSI OPS review), but I didn't really feel like taking the time to write out detailed reviews after a while. I try to write more than 30 words but not a huge review either.

[quote name='Roufuss'] How long does it take for the reviews to show up on the site after I've written them? [/QUOTE]

It varies. I noticed sometimes as quick as an hour and sometimes several days.

I'm not sure how they do it. I guess it depends on the volume of reviews they get and how many people are working at PG.

[quote name='sabin23']It varies. I noticed sometimes as quick as an hour and sometimes several days.

I'm not sure how they do it. I guess it depends on the volume of reviews they get and how many people are working at PG.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha.

The amount of time we played isn't important, right?

I did it for the first few (1 week, 1 month, etc) but I forgot to do it on the last 20. Do they usually not care about it?

EDIT: 20 reviews done... $100 dollars coming back to me! I only wish I held onto ALL my receipts, I generally throw them out after they expire or I know the game works perfectly.

Hopefully I can dig up 2 or 3 more receipts before I send these out.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']With the quality of the reviews, I think most of us see 30 word minimum so we give the minimum details. I started off giving more detailed reviews (like my PSI OPS review), but I didn't really feel like taking the time to write out detailed reviews after a while. I try to write more than 30 words but not a huge review either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first few I actually had to cut DOWN because they exceeded the 5000 character maximum. Towards the end, I was giving them 3-5 sentences.

[quote name='mkelehan']Yeah, the first few I actually had to cut DOWN because they exceeded the 5000 character maximum. Towards the end, I was giving them 3-5 sentences.[/QUOTE]

Same here... I wrote more in depth and longer reviews at first but I'm kind of just mailing it in (so to speak) more now. It gets tedious after the 50th review or so.

How come this deal hasn't really caught on?

I noticed the CC $10 clearance page has exploded to like 50 pages in about a week... while this one is only like 10 pages after 5-months... CAGs can potentially save hundreds of dollars.

[quote name='sabin23']Same here... I wrote more in depth and longer reviews at first but I'm kind of just mailing it in (so to speak) more now. It gets tedious after the 50th review or so.

How come this deal hasn't really caught on?

I noticed the CC $10 clearance page has exploded to like 50 pages in about a week... while this one is only like 10 pages after 5-months... CAGs can potentially save hundreds of dollars.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't save their receipts I believe, or don't trust rebates.

I feel into both categories - since I usually pay for everything in cash, I usually keep the receipt for the 30 days it's still valid. This is just in case the game breaks, or another store puts it on sale for a better price and I can buy and return it at the old store.

After those 30 days though... no sense in keeping that receipt anymore, so in the shredder it goes.

Plus the fact I've gotten screwed out of rebates before, I really didn't want to give this a shot. But as I was cleaning the other day, I literally found a huge stack of receipts from last years $5 dollar sale and TRU's green tag sale, among other sales, that I paid with a CC - I saved those receipts until my bill was paid, and forgot I had them.

Now I've cash in, and I've got $100 dollars in rebates waiting to go out - just looking for 2 or 3 more recent receipts that have rebates, and waiting until I can pick up some games that have rebates from the CC sale.

If this really goes through, I'll be shocked.

Got another question...

Do the order statements at Gamestop.com work? I've got games I bought through there last year, and I can still view my purchase that shows I bought it, the tracking #, and order #.

I think that would be an acceptable proof of purchase, plus the UPC from the game, am I right?

i was wondering if this would work if i used a giftcard on one of the games. i just really realized what this price grabber rebate is and i really want to get it on it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Got another question...

Do the order statements at Gamestop.com work? I've got games I bought through there last year, and I can still view my purchase that shows I bought it, the tracking #, and order #.

I think that would be an acceptable proof of purchase, plus the UPC from the game, am I right?[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned earlier that it should work... especially since it gives even more info then a regular receipt... PG is paying us for the reviews. i think that's what the poster said.

I got about half dozen online statements from Nintendo Power, EB, GS, etc so I hoep they work.

sorry i'm new to the pricegrabber site and i just wanted to know if buying pre-played games works with this. thanks to whoever can help me out.

[quote name='rafissaying']sorry i'm new to the pricegrabber site and i just wanted to know if buying pre-played games works with this. thanks to whoever can help me out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, as long as you have the receipt, I don't see a problem with it.

All they want to see is that you legitimately bought the game somehow - as Sabin23 mentioned, I believe, they really just want the review above all else.

[quote name='rafissaying']one more question...say you got the game on discount or on a promotion (like t3g1 for $5 a GR) would they honor the $5 bonus deal??[/QUOTE]

Do you have the UPC and some sort of receipt? Then you get it. Period.

Ive sent out several rebate forms but I have one question-I preordered and paid Splinter Cell: CT LE completly. Will they still honor the $5 bonus even if its a pre-order?

[quote name='Kingjay89']Ive sent out several rebate forms but I have one question-I preordered and paid Splinter Cell: CT LE completly. Will they still honor the $5 bonus even if its a pre-order?[/QUOTE]

if it hasn't been released how would you write a review for it? They pay people to write reviews of the games they have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back