Pricegrabber $5 rebate on a large list of games w/ review (Updated added PSP Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I have at least 25 of these games, but no receipts =[[/QUOTE]

BB can regenerate receipts if you paid via credit card. CC can do the same, as well.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']a bunch of them i bought from EBGames online.....think they would take printouts of confirmation emails?[/QUOTE]

It's probably best to just copy the packing list.

[quote name='road3283']Ah, much appreciated! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You may need to play around with the address, since mine shows up with no punctuation, though if you get it right the first time, make sure you remember it for the next time.

[quote name='mkelehan']It's probably best to just copy the packing list.[/QUOTE]

For EB stuff I've bought, the packing list works OK.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']a bunch of them i bought from EBGames online.....think they would take printouts of confirmation emails?[/QUOTE]

Go to your ebgames.com account an go through your order history. Those are basically receipts and I have used printouts of those which seem to be working just fine so far.

[quote name='shrike4242']You may need to play around with the address, since mine shows up with no punctuation, though if you get it right the first time, make sure you remember it for the next time.[/QUOTE]

I just type my house number followed by the first 4 letters of the street.

I usually don't keep packing lists for years.....some of these games I've had since '02. Hopefully a order history(Amazon, Gamestop, EBGames) will work. Guess we'll see......

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I usually don't keep packing lists for years.....some of these games I've had since '02. Hopefully a order history(Amazon, Gamestop, EBGames) will work. Guess we'll see......[/QUOTE]

I've kept all my receipts since 1996. Seems like a little much? I've got $350 on the way saying otherwise.

Pulling receipts off of the websites is a good idea! Now I just have to remember all the different places I've bought games from (amazon...ebgames...ebay...). I think that covers it.

EDIT: Looks like I bought very few games this past year. So much for that plan.

troy

Is there any way to pull up invoices for Gamefly purchases? All I can get is a page displaying my order history and I doubt that would cut it. Has anyone tried this?

[quote name='abitteroldman']Is there any way to pull up invoices for Gamefly purchases? All I can get is a page displaying my order history and I doubt that would cut it. Has anyone tried this?[/QUOTE]

Did they put a packing list in the box when they shipped it to you?

I have an email into PriceGrabber support asking about using Order History pages in lieu of hard copy packing lists( i never kept them because they are pretty bulky). Personally, i think it shows the same information, if not more.
Guess I'll see what they say. Hopefully yes, because i have about 10-15 more titles thatll apply if that works.

Question: Does anyone know how you can tell if the 50 person limit has been reached yet for a particular title? Will they need let you retrieve a bonus form at that point , or what?

If the 50 person limit is reached, I think the link that says $5.00 Bonus just goes away. Notice for a lot of (not all) newer games the option is gone. I'm not sure though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did they put a packing list in the box when they shipped it to you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I recieved these awhile ago. I have the confirmation e-mail from one that I printed out and will try, but for the others I have nothing but the gamefly webpage confirming that I did order them.

It's too bad I tossed all the reciepts from the Toys R Us games I bought. They'd have all been free.

I'll prob try the order histories as my receipt for the games i have them from. I can send the envelopes from work, so im not losing out on postage if they dont accept them(minus the 2 mins to write the review)

[quote name='Zoglog']Hey Guys, just a heads up but they've added $5 rebates for reviews for EVERY psp game out right now that is on thier site. So this is a good chance to get an extra 5 off PSP games you've just bought or are going to buy ;)

http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1936[/QUOTE]

thx was waiting for this... just saved another $30... could have gotten $15 if i would have saved my ridge racer, untold legends, and ridge racer receipts... =(

$30 is still about what I paid for two psp games... so its all good ;)

OK, I just did over thirty game reviews, what is a good way to send the receipts and print our sheets from the website? Do I only need to send in one in an envelope?

This site is friggin' awesome! Just reviewed the three PSP games I own! Thanks OP, and the people who have recently bumped this up to the very top, reminding me to actually get off my lazy ass and take advantage! ^_^

[quote name='vherub']
A couple months ago, I was browsing pricegrabber as I am want to do to gauge the price a game is going for/check universal drops/etc and I notice next to some titles Rebate: $5.00 Bonus. You click on the bonus and it tells you the instructions for how to get the $5.

Basically it requires mailing to them a copy of the receipt, a copy/original of the upc, the form itself (which states your name, address, phone number) and then writing a review for the game.

You need to register with pricegrabber (easy, no spam mail,no credit card required) and the review needs to demonstrate a basic level of information, but nothing intense. And you have about 3 months after initiating the request to mail everything in.

From my experiences, I have learned the following:

You do not need to buy a new/sealed game, nor do you have to buy the game from the pricegrabber website or any of their affiliates. I have sent in forms for games purchased off ebay and the rebate was honored.

For ebay receipts, you can send in the auction won page, and almost every auction generates a buyer's payment status page that can be used. Or if paying through payapl, the paypal system generates a similar payment page.

This is not a quick fix for money; I sent in about 6 at the start of September, and recieved 3 $5 checks in late October. I sent another 10 or so in throughout October and recieved another 10 $5 checks a couple days ago. Expect 8-10 weeks for processing, maybe more, maybe less. You can check the status of your rebates online, though it is a little cumbersome to know which particular game corresponds to their routing numbers.

There are other items that have the review bonus (such as the ipod mini), and not all games have the rebate available. For games that do have the rebate, it is available to the first 50 people that request it. If you are able to request it and get the form, you are one of the 50. Very few games seem to be anywhere near getting 50 reviews.

You can put multiple requests in the same envelope as they all go to the same place, but these may cause a delay as the forms/receitps/etc can get mixed up. You also can sumbit a receipt multiple times, provided you have the applicable games. Say during the toysrus sale, you bought 3 games, if all have the rebate available, you can send all three in (even the one that was free), but you should provide 3 copies of the receipt, just so there are less chances for error.

I have not had any difficulty with this process or receiving the check. NOTE- the check will arrive in postcard form. That means it is not in an envelope, it is almost as if you stamped a check and mailed it off. The check says positive id is required, and my bank that I use all the time asked me for id when i cashed it. But there is a worry that many places will cash checks under shady circumstances, so if you do not feel that confident about the situation in which you get mail, this could be a potential problem.

They only send checks in the amount of $5, no matter how many you are submitting.

A final note, as the amount is only $5 and it takes over a month to recieve the rebate, it would seem this would be immune from abuse. But there are always the possibilities of ruining offers so try to be honest.[/QUOTE]

There you go. All your questions answered.

Did they change the terms where the UPC is not required?. I was looking at the PSI Ops rebate and it says:
Mail all of the following Bonus Items to the below address which must be postmarked no later than 09/30/2005:

Copy of the original receipt/invoice statement for the above product.
Your completed form to:

-------------
Asking because the above quoted post said a copy of the UPC was to be sent in and I just mailed NCAA 2005 with just the copy of my Best Buy receipt and the rebate form.

I'm curious about whether the UPC is necessary also because there are a few games I purchased that I have since traded but I still have the receipts for them.

On forms that do not specify the UPC being necessary, I have gotten away with not including it.

FYI: Anyone needing some UPCs should visit GameExpress.com. They have scans of the back of many game boxes, and unlike other online retailers, they do not block out or remove the bar codes from the images. I've printed numerous UPCs from there and sent them to Price Grabber without any problems thus far.

[quote name='bullet time']On forms that do not specify the UPC being necessary, I have gotten away with not including it.

FYI: Anyone needing some UPCs should visit GameExpress.com. They have scans of the back of many game boxes, and unlike other online retailers, they do not block out or remove the bar codes from the images. I've printed numerous UPCs from there and sent them to Price Grabber without any problems thus far.[/QUOTE]

Woo Hoo, thanks for the great info on the website. You are now officially the man in my book, thank you.

[quote name='bullet time']On forms that do not specify the UPC being necessary, I have gotten away with not including it.

FYI: Anyone needing some UPCs should visit GameExpress.com. They have scans of the back of many game boxes, and unlike other online retailers, they do not block out or remove the bar codes from the images. I've printed numerous UPCs from there and sent them to Price Grabber without any problems thus far.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That'll get me a few more, on top of the 71 I already got. :)

wow, how have I missed this. I actually keep a lot of my reciepts in the game boxes, and a lot of them qualify. so far I've found over 20. thanks a lot for this deal OP

oh wish i knew about GameExpress earlier.....bought another copy of Alias from EB for $6 just so i could get the UPC from it.

Oh wait, it trades in at FYE for 15....I'll live.

This may have been covered before, but how far back can the receipts go? I have some games that I bought months ago, but still have the receipts. Would those qualify?

[quote name='chickenhawk']This may have been covered before, but how far back can the receipts go? I have some games that I bought months ago, but still have the receipts. Would those qualify?[/QUOTE]

I've used receipts from 2001. Just sent in my 76th...

[quote name='chickenhawk']This may have been covered before, but how far back can the receipts go? I have some games that I bought months ago, but still have the receipts. Would those qualify?[/QUOTE]

Receipts for games purchased over a year ago have worked.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Thanks guys! 76th eh mkelehan? That's a nice savings. I just hope I can find my receipts.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've kept my receipts since 1996, for some reason or another. Finally paid off.

I've a question; I noticed that most of these offers expire on 9/30/2005. Is this when the promotion ends? Will more games be posted that will continue this offer?

Oh, and do these need to be retail receipts? I often buy games used online; would a Paypal printout work?

[quote name='Simmen Stenil']I've a question; I noticed that most of these offers expire on 9/30/2005. Is this when the promotion ends? Will more games be posted that will continue this offer?

Oh, and do these need to be retail receipts? I often buy games used online; would a Paypal printout work?[/QUOTE]

You request them in June, and they're good for the end of three months from the current month. Which, in this case is September.

Never tried a non-retail receipt, though never know what might happen.

the weird thing is that some of the games I got for free at Best Buy have $5 rebates on them... so a free game plus a free $5 is not bad at all... getting paid to save money.

I just got around to getting started on this today, I have about 40 games that have bonus offers. I'd have a lot more if I could use preowned games. Anyone have any luck with PO games from EBgames? They have their own UPCs for the used item so I'm wondering if its worked for anyone. I'm also wondering if anyone had any got a rebate to work on a used game they got from Gamefly.

holy crap, i just read this thread for the first time today. i could get $30 just from my PSP games alone

awesome! i knew keeping all my receipts would pay off :D

quick question: can i mail in multiple forms in 1 envelope? and photocopying the receipt is acceptable, right?

For those that have recieved rebates back, did you just place the whole game box underneath a scanner (For the UPC), print it out, and send it in along with the other stuff? Thanks.

[quote name='0192837465']For those that have recieved rebates back, did you just place the whole game box underneath a scanner (For the UPC), print it out, and send it in along with the other stuff? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
yes

[quote name='Wario64']

quick question: can i mail in multiple forms in 1 envelope? and photocopying the receipt is acceptable, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back