PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Do you guys send multiple rebates requests in one envelope? Or like one in each of 5 envelopes?[/QUOTE]

i've sent 2 rebates per envelope and had no problem at all. they just got my address wrong on one of them and it was corrected.

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's see, 271 * $5 = $1355 . ;)[/QUOTE]

OK, I take my :bow: back from shipwreck and give it to shrike

:bow:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I noticed one new rebate while searching the site: Kirby Air Ride for GC.[/QUOTE]

That is wierd as it must be a new one - I would have been all over that in my initial batch last August if it had been there then. I have gone through all the GC games many times (though not in the last month or two). Why would they add a rebate for this game now?

[quote name='io']That is wierd as it must be a new one - I would have been all over that in my initial batch last August if it had been there then. I have gone through all the GC games many times (though not in the last month or two). Why would they add a rebate for this game now?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about their reasoning for choosing what to have rebates for, but they add new ones every once in a while. I have one for Shadow of the Colossus from around New Year's and the 50 request limit was passed quickly, so you should check your games for rebates every once in a while to make sure that you're not missing anything.

Do they ever have rebates again for something that has already had one?

Thanks a lot for the list. I purchased MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf Limited Edition at TRU not long ago, and couldn't find a rebate for it since the way they list it.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Do they ever have rebates again for something that has already had one?

Thanks a lot for the list. I purchased MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf Limited Edition at TRU not long ago, and couldn't find a rebate for it since the way they list it.[/QUOTE]
No, as far as I've seen, once the 50 rebates are requested, they don't issue anymore rebates for that game.

Wow, thanks a lot for the list. I never knew about PG until now.
Do I have to send the actual receipt or can i just copy it along with the UPC.

[quote name='daewezzy']Wow, thanks a lot for the list. I never knew about PG until now.
Do I have to send the actual receipt or can i just copy it along with the UPC.[/QUOTE]
Copies.

I noticed a while ago the PG ranking system for the reviews (ie, the ability to vote if they are "helpful" or not) but hadn't seen any rankings on any of my reviews. Today I was bored and looked through them and all of a sudden there are rankings everywhere. Of course they are completely random as some of what I thought were my best reviews (of games I've played all the way through for example) were ranked like 2/4 and some of my crappy reviews got 3/3. Just an interesting time waster if you want to see how yours have scored. It would be better, though (and easier), if PG would show the review rankings in your account's listing of product reviews.

I also noticed that near many of my reviews the names "Shrike", "Shipwreck", and "Botticus" keep appearing (as well as assorted other CAGs) :D. The first two are no surprise because they have reviewed every game there is. Botticus probably shows up because he is a GC-centric person like me. By the way, my PG review name is not Io :).

One other observation - many of the games I grabbed forms for just before the 5 per month limit were imposed, and then reviewed around Sept/Oct, quickly became unavailable due to the 50 form limit for each game. What really SUCKS is that we are way beyond the due dates for the last forms requested on these games and the review total for most of them is between 12 and 18. A hell of a lot of numbnuts out there are requesting heaps of forms and not bothering to do the reviews. This wasn't too much of a problem back then since you could get all you wanted as soon as they popped up. But now with the limits we have to wait for the 1st of the month to add more. It is a little annoying that they go away and then only ever end up with a handful of reviews.

Stupid Web-Grabber site, been down the last couple days, can't see if they've approved my December rebates yet.

Now if only io would stop stalking me on PriceGrabber ;)

[quote name='botticus']Stupid Web-Grabber site, been down the last couple days, can't see if they've approved my December rebates yet.

Now if only io would stop stalking me on PriceGrabber ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're right - I'm getting an error on search now. But my December ones had shown up a few weeks ago. Actually, my January ones (which I sent in around the 22nd) showed up last week. So I'm totally up to date, all approved and in "Stage 3". So that's another $50 coming, which will put me nowhere close to shipwreck and shrike :lol:.

And I think I crashed the site again... got on to see that my 5 December submissions and 3 of my 5 January submissions are all in Step 3, and then the site promptly crashed again.

I wish they'd get all of a month's submissions at the same time, but ah well. Seems they always get three or four received at the same time, then the remaining one or two pop up a few days later.

limit of 5 rebates per person per month. Is it based on the postmark date or what? That is, I could mail 5 rebates in one envelope on 2/28, and then another 5 rebates on 3/1 and still meet their requirements, right?

[quote name='eau']limit of 5 rebates per person per month. Is it based on the postmark date or what? That is, I could mail 5 rebates in one envelope on 2/28, and then another 5 rebates on 3/1 and still meet their requirements, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as the due dates on the rebate forms are the end of the month in which you get the postmark (thus you could send in 5 rebates due Feb 28th or later on 2/28, and another 5 due Mar 31st or later on 3/1).

Probably, though, to avoid hassle, I would send them a little further apart, and not tempt fate with the very last day in Feb. While you can always get it sorted out, they might initially disqualify some of them as being over the limit.

I have been sending them at the end of the month, and now my last two are currently being voided due t the limit of five a month. I have sent them an e-mail saying three were mailed in December, two in January, and the last two in January as well. Hopefully they will corrent this, if not I'm done with PG and their bullshit. Good thing I have just 5-8 more rebates to send in.

They're pretty good about validating them. For whatever reason they said one of the five I sent in at the end of last month was over the limit, but they have told me they have corrected it.

Shockingly, I only have three rebates to send in this month. I could send a couple more, but they're not expired til the end of April so no rush. Overall I think I only have 4 or so rebates left to send in after this batch unless more forms show up online soon.

[quote name='botticus']They're pretty good about validating them. For whatever reason they said one of the five I sent in at the end of last month was over the limit, but they have told me they have corrected it.

Shockingly, I only have three rebates to send in this month. I could send a couple more, but they're not expired til the end of April so no rush. Overall I think I only have 4 or so rebates left to send in after this batch unless more forms show up online soon.[/quote]

The usually add them at the beginning of each month, so hopefully we'll see some new ones this week.

[quote name='shipwreck']The usually add them at the beginning of each month, so hopefully we'll see some new ones this week.[/QUOTE]

:shock: Damn short-ass February! I just realized I better send in my PG rebate forms NOW!

[quote name='io']:shock: Damn short-ass February! I just realized I better send in my PG rebate forms NOW![/quote]

Yep, I've got to get 5 out tomorrow as well.

I've run into the issue of "5 per month" invalidating some of the rebates I've sent in, at 5 per month.

An email takes care of the issue.

[quote name='io']I noticed a while ago the PG ranking system for the reviews (ie, the ability to vote if they are "helpful" or not) but hadn't seen any rankings on any of my reviews. Today I was bored and looked through them and all of a sudden there are rankings everywhere. Of course they are completely random as some of what I thought were my best reviews (of games I've played all the way through for example) were ranked like 2/4 and some of my crappy reviews got 3/3. Just an interesting time waster if you want to see how yours have scored. It would be better, though (and easier), if PG would show the review rankings in your account's listing of product reviews.

I also noticed that near many of my reviews the names "Shrike", "Shipwreck", and "Botticus" keep appearing (as well as assorted other CAGs) :D. The first two are no surprise because they have reviewed every game there is. Botticus probably shows up because he is a GC-centric person like me. By the way, my PG review name is not Io :).

One other observation - many of the games I grabbed forms for just before the 5 per month limit were imposed, and then reviewed around Sept/Oct, quickly became unavailable due to the 50 form limit for each game. What really SUCKS is that we are way beyond the due dates for the last forms requested on these games and the review total for most of them is between 12 and 18. A hell of a lot of numbnuts out there are requesting heaps of forms and not bothering to do the reviews. This wasn't too much of a problem back then since you could get all you wanted as soon as they popped up. But now with the limits we have to wait for the 1st of the month to add more. It is a little annoying that they go away and then only ever end up with a handful of reviews.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be aiming more towards building a community (abeit a bit slowly)
They now have "User Discussion" tabs for starting threads. Needs some work though. I think like Amazon the natural progression will be towards an overall reviewer ranking.

Alright, they corrected the ones that were voided due to the limitation. I'm suprised they responded to the e-mail within a few hours.

Just now submitted my reviews for the five I'm sending in this month. :lol: Now to just get the UPC's photocopied and send them in and I'm dandy. :)

Three in the mail for me... so technically 13 rebates still pending (haven't gotten any cleared since the beginning of the month). You'd think they'd pick up the pace a little bit now that everything is only 5 per person per month.

I'll get around to reviewing them sometime this week.

Here's some updates for the OP. Please remove the following for PS2:
Champions: Return to Arms
Def Jam Fight for NY
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
Drakengard
Driver 3
Dynasty Warriors 5
ESPN NFL 2k5
Gun
Intellisvision Lives
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Stella Deus
Strike Force Bowling

Please add:
The Getaway http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=781701

Shrek: Super Party http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=1031666/search=super+party

Finally got 9 rebates from December and January approved. 1 still pending from January, and three February rebates processing.

Got 7 emails yesterday saying i got them approved/check soon to be in mail.
Thats all the rebates listed in my status page from jan and dec(3 i had problems with from dec got here weeks ago - funny that they get processed faster).

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Got 7 emails yesterday saying i got them approved/check soon to be in mail.
Thats all the rebates listed in my status page from jan and dec(3 i had problems with from dec got here weeks ago - funny that they get processed faster).[/QUOTE]
It's goofy in that if there are problems with a submission (like one of mine got mistakenly flagged as over the limit), their C/S resubmits get processed lot faster than the mail-ins.

[quote name='botticus']It's goofy in that if there are problems with a submission (like one of mine got mistakenly flagged as over the limit), their C/S resubmits get processed lot faster than the mail-ins.[/quote]

Yea, i got flagged as over the limit several times. It seemed to happen because the resubmits made it look like the next month was over the limit - so it happened a few times too.

Da-yum, makes me wish I still had the receipts for Pokemon Fire Red and my Game Boy Player around. I might be able to manage the Pokemon game, but I'd wager I've thrown out the Game Boy Player UPC long ago. Sadness.

I'm gonna try this and see how it all works out. And if I get some checks... I will forever be in debt to the greatness of CAG.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it... should the receipt actually show the game's title, or can it list something generic like Wal-Mart's fantastic "VIDEO GAME"?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Yea, i got flagged as over the limit several times. It seemed to happen because the resubmits made it look like the next month was over the limit - so it happened a few times too.[/quote]

Happened again for 2 of the 5 for Feb. Sent an email and got a prompt response saying that they were fixed. Guess ill be getting $10 soon =]

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Da-yum, makes me wish I still had the receipts for Pokemon Fire Red and my Game Boy Player around. I might be able to manage the Pokemon game, but I'd wager I've thrown out the Game Boy Player UPC long ago. Sadness.

I'm gonna try this and see how it all works out. And if I get some checks... I will forever be in debt to the greatness of CAG.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it... should the receipt actually show the game's title, or can it list something generic like Wal-Mart's fantastic "VIDEO GAME"?[/QUOTE]

I have submitted many a receipt from Target that said "PS2 SFT RP" and the like. Many of my games have come from Target and that's just the way their receipts are (and no UPC either - just Target's internal SKU). They have had no problem accepting them. I have also used Gamerush preorder receipts with no problem (it is the only thing showing I paid for the game anyway). I even submitted a price match receipt from Best Buy (one of those yellow carbon copy things) that you could barely read. Again, no problem. Just provide a nice scan/xerox of your game insert to compensate for the receipt :D. I think a generic receipt and a printed UPC from upcdatabase.com would probably raise flags.

My last batch of 5 from Feb just showed up on the rebate page - no problems here with "more than 5". I submit all 5 now together in a big envelope and put a post-it note on top of them saying "Here are my 5 submissions for Feb". This seems to make things go smoothly.

[quote name='io']I have submitted many a receipt from Target that said "PS2 SFT RP" and the like. Many of my games have come from Target and that's just the way their receipts are (and no UPC either - just Target's internal SKU). They have had no problem accepting them. I have also used Gamerush preorder receipts with no problem (it is the only thing showing I paid for the game anyway). I even submitted a price match receipt from Best Buy (one of those yellow carbon copy things) that you could barely read. Again, no problem. Just provide a nice scan/xerox of your game insert to compensate for the receipt :D. I think a generic receipt and a printed UPC from upcdatabase.com would probably raise flags.

My last batch of 5 from Feb just showed up on the rebate page - no problems here with "more than 5". I submit all 5 now together in a big envelope and put a post-it note on top of them saying "Here are my 5 submissions for Feb". This seems to make things go smoothly.[/quote]

mine were all in one envelope too, so i dont know where it went wrong ;p

Anyone have an Extra Pricegrabber 5.00 bonus form (Champions Return to Arms PS2)?
If you don’t plan on sending it in or have an extra one, then I want it! Please e-mail the form to xxxxx. Thanks!

[quote name='mentos888']Anyone have an Extra Pricegrabber 5.00 bonus form (Champions Return to Arms PS2)?
If you don’t plan on sending it in or have an extra one, then I want it! Please e-mail the form to ***** Thanks![/quote]
All the forms ive seen have your username on it.

the only thing they have on it that is unique to each user is:

PriceGrabber Username: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Email Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

which can be easily photoshopped.. ;)

EDIT: never mind, i found out how the forms are linked to ur account. so, it's not possible to do.

bread's done
Back