PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='mentos888']the only thing they have on it that is unique to each user is:

PriceGrabber Username: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Email Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

which can be easily photoshopped.. ;)[/quote]

Yea, but the question is if they keep a record of the 50 people that requested the rebate in the first place. Seems like too much of a hassle for $5

Me too, but they managed to fuck up my name(they got Martia instead of Martin). Aside from the slight embarrassment, do you guys think I'll get any trouble when I try to deposit it and they notice the discrepancy?

Also, do you guys know the email to inquire about some stuck rebates? Thanks.

Hey guys, I got couple questions before sending out my first 5 rebates. During the big $9.99 Toy's "R" Us sale, I had couple games that got adjusted and also went back to get the Jedi Hunter controller free with purchase of games over $10 for couple games I bought few weeks earlier, so ould I use the receipts with words "adjust" and "exchange" on top? I am not sure if this has been asked before, I just want to make sure to avoid resubmissions.

Also, does eBay purchases qualify for the rebate? I remember I had bought at least one game from eBay that have the form, but I am not sure if it qualifies.

I am a newbie to the PriceGrabber rebate, please let me know, thanks in advance.:)

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Hey guys, I got couple questions before sending out my first 5 rebates. During the big $9.99 Toy's "R" Us sale, I had couple games that got adjusted and also went back to get the Jedi Hunter controller free with purchase of games over $10 for couple games I bought few weeks earlier, so ould I use the receipts with words "adjust" and "exchange" on top? I am not sure if this has been asked before, I just want to make sure to avoid resubmissions.

Also, does eBay purchases qualify for the rebate? I remember I had bought at least one game from eBay that have the form, but I am not sure if it qualifies.

I am a newbie to the PriceGrabber rebate, please let me know, thanks in advance.:)[/QUOTE]
As long as a receipt shows that you purchased the item, it's fine. If you have the original receipt, you're better off using that just to avoid confusion though.

As far as eBay, that might be more difficult, since they do have some stipulations about the items you buy, and auctioned ones might fall under one of those.

[quote name='botticus']As long as a receipt shows that you purchased the item, it's fine. If you have the original receipt, you're better off using that just to avoid confusion though.

As far as eBay, that might be more difficult, since they do have some stipulations about the items you buy, and auctioned ones might fall under one of those.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes, I know using the original receipt is better, however, the customer service wrote adjust, "PA", or the like on the original receipts, so I am not sure if they will see it as some sort of return or not. Did anyone have problem with such thing before?:whistle2:s

Yeah, I am not sure about the eBay ones as well, that is why I thought I would ask. Oh well, I do not remember when I got them anyway, saved me from trying to tracking down the records.:D

Thanks!

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Just got 5 rebates in the mail today[/QUOTE]
9. Winner. I can see them internally debating for the last two months if they should grant me two rebates for the Castlevania Double-pack... the one for Harmony is still pending while I have already received the one for Aria.

Is there a way to reprint the Price Grabber form that must be mailed in with the UPC? I thought I got a form for Resident Evil 4 for GC back in late December. I've lost the form and the game is not eligible for a rebate now. So, is there a way on PG.com to look up the forms I've requested? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='ragtop70']Is there a way to reprint the Price Grabber form that must be mailed in with the UPC? I thought I got a form for Resident Evil 4 for GC back in late December. I've lost the form and the game is not eligible for a rebate now. So, is there a way on PG.com to look up the forms I've requested? Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Check your email, they normally mail one out to you when you request one. Also, you could email them and ask them to send you out a form, as they should be able to see that you had one and it's not been fulfilled. In any case, if you ended up sending them two, they'd kick out one of them.

What the hell? I got nine e-mails aboubt responses to my reviews and it's some dumbass posting how to beat the colossi under my Shadow of the Colossus review. It says they were posted March 1, but I didn't get e-mails until now. :whistle2:s

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What the hell? I got nine e-mails aboubt responses to my reviews and it's some dumbass posting how to beat the colossi under my Shadow of the Colossus review. It says they were posted March 1, but I didn't get e-mails until now. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Yeah pricegrabber is doing something weird with the reviews now. I got a Sony Ericsson W800i and did a rebate review and it somehow ended up on Laptop.com and some guy from Nigeria wanted to "buy" my phone for his son. It was amusing and creepy at the same time.

Looks like this thread is lightly used nowadays. I tried to get a few more forms at the beginning of April but several games I had been keeping an eye on have now gone unavailable for $5 bonus - and all had less than 10 reviews. Pathetic.

Anyway, I have a favor to ask. I had requested a form for Monster Rancher 3, and I need to get it submitted by the end of the month. But I completely forgot about that and traded it in. Does anyone have a copy of the insert they can fax or email me? I've got the receipt of course, just no game any more :cry:. Same goes for Street Hoops for GC, though I have another month on that one. I just lost track of my PG reviews for a bit there and forgot to photocopy things before I got rid of them. I figure it is not too likely that anyone here even has these games, as both are pretty lightly reviewed on PG - but I figured it was worth a shot :D.

You can go on upcdatabase.com and print out a copy of the barcode (go to half.com or somewhere to find the UPC). I did that for a few of my GBA cart-only games and it worked fine.

I didn't even have any rebates to send in last month. I think I have a few due this month, so I'll have to get around to them.

[quote name='io']Looks like this thread is lightly used nowadays. I tried to get a few more forms at the beginning of April but several games I had been keeping an eye on have now gone unavailable for $5 bonus - and all had less than 10 reviews. Pathetic.

Anyway, I have a favor to ask. I had requested a form for Monster Rancher 3, and I need to get it submitted by the end of the month. But I completely forgot about that and traded it in. Does anyone have a copy of the insert they can fax or email me? I've got the receipt of course, just no game any more :cry:. Same goes for Street Hoops for GC, though I have another month on that one. I just lost track of my PG reviews for a bit there and forgot to photocopy things before I got rid of them. I figure it is not too likely that anyone here even has these games, as both are pretty lightly reviewed on PG - but I figured it was worth a shot :D.[/quote]

Also, try www.cdcovers.cc. Just go to the PSx cover section and then by alphabetical order. Also a great way to get covers if you buy a disk only copy of something.

[quote name='Warner1281']Also, try www.cdcovers.cc. Just go to the PSx cover section and then by alphabetical order. Also a great way to get covers if you buy a disk only copy of something.[/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks, that is an excellent site - shipwreck you should make this part of the OP!

Unfortunately they only have the FRONT cover for Street Hoops. At first I didn't know how to check and I did the "NFO" and "Bittorrent" searches - came up with ROM sites for this game :shock:. I didn't even know people could do anything with GC Roms. Not only that, you couldn't pay me to store the ROM for this game :rofl:. (Then I realized you click on the "Download Cover" button below.)

[quote name='evophile']Yeah pricegrabber is doing something weird with the reviews now. I got a Sony Ericsson W800i and did a rebate review and it somehow ended up on Laptop.com and some guy from Nigeria wanted to "buy" my phone for his son. It was amusing and creepy at the same time.[/QUOTE]
The guy came back and posted a few more solutions for colossi. Is there some way I can get these removed?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The guy came back and posted a few more solutions for colossi. Is there some way I can get these removed?[/quote]
Email Pricegrabber Support and tell them to remove the entries from your review.

[quote name='botticus']You can go on upcdatabase.com and print out a copy of the barcode (go to half.com or somewhere to find the UPC). I did that for a few of my GBA cart-only games and it worked fine.

I didn't even have any rebates to send in last month. I think I have a few due this month, so I'll have to get around to them.[/QUOTE]

hmm..I bought some used RAM on ebay that I noticed gets a rebate on pricegrabber. However I didn't get the original packaging.

Do you think it would work if I did the UPC there for the RAM? Is it wrong or fraud? I won't do it if that's the case then.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The guy came back and posted a few more solutions for colossi. Is there some way I can get these removed?[/QUOTE]

lol the guy posted a boss FAQ in horrible grammar. Apparently he doesn't know how to use the Discussions Section Tab.

Has PriceGrabber fallen off the face of the earth? I have one rebate received 2/15, and three received 3/3 that haven't moved past processing. This is exceptionally long.

[quote name='botticus']Has PriceGrabber fallen off the face of the earth? I have one rebate received 2/15, and three received 3/3 that haven't moved past processing. This is exceptionally long.[/QUOTE]

I'm up to date through my Feb. batch that were added to the rebate search page March 8th. Still don't have the 5 I sent for March showing up though - they are in one of their dormant phases I guess :D.

:rofl: No sooner do I post this than my 5 submissions for March show up on the search (as received April 10th)!

[quote name='shrike4242']Email Pricegrabber Support and tell them to remove the entries from your review.[/QUOTE]
I did and just got a response back.

Since the posts do still refer to the game, we are unable to remove his discussions. Technically, he should have started a new thread in User Discussions. However, there is no way to transfer his threads to a new one.

All he could do was unsubscribe me from getting emails for responses to that review. Oh well, either would have worked the same.

OK, I'm gonna send my first batch of 5 tomorrow....but just to find out what you guys do here's a coupla questions.

1. Is it ok if I copied the back of the box cover with the reciept on same paper (reciept overlaying the back right next to the UPC)?

2. I'm including the 2nd sheet of the printout form (w/ only a few terms and conditions on it), is this necessary?.....for future reference.

3. What's the best/ most economical way to send these?.....5 of em w/ 3 pages each seams pretty bulky for a regular business envelope.

THX in advance.

[quote name='hobocorpses']OK, I'm gonna send my first batch of 5 tomorrow....but just to find out what you guys do here's a coupla questions.

1. Is it ok if I copied the back of the box cover with the reciept on same paper (reciept overlaying the back right next to the UPC)?

2. I'm including the 2nd sheet of the printout form (w/ only a few terms and conditions on it), is this necessary?.....for future reference.

3. What's the best/ most economical way to send these?.....5 of em w/ 3 pages each seams pretty bulky for a regular business envelope.

THX in advance.[/quote]

1- That's exactly what I do.

2- No, the 2nd page isn't necessary.

3- Mine are 2 pages each (x5). I just throw them in an envelope with 2 stamps and drop them in the mail. Usually I try and get them in the mail a few days before the end of the month so that I know the post mark will definitely be for that month (rather than having to worry that they didn't get a chance to postmark it til the next day if you happened to mail it on the last day of the month).

[quote name='hobocorpses']OK, I'm gonna send my first batch of 5 tomorrow....but just to find out what you guys do here's a coupla questions.

THX in advance.[/QUOTE]

I just sent my 5 for April today.

Yes to #1, No to #2 (I only get the 1st 5 conditions on my printout - I made sure to print them all for the ones that didn't have the 5/month limit, but since that is no more I don't bother).

I put them in a manila (8.5 x 11") envelope and take it into the PO - cost me $1.11 to mail 5 of them, all 3 pages each. I put a note in there saying "these are my 5 submissions for April" so there won't be any confusion and thinking I went over the limit or anything. If yours are only 2 sheets each, then you are easily under 3 ounces so you could just slap on postage for 3 oz. Mine was 3.6 oz - that's for 15 sheets of 24lb paper, the 8.5x11 envelope, 5 staples, and a post-it note :D.

I just got my 5 checks for February a few days back. So only my March ones are still being processed, then the 5 I just sent in today. Now to write the damn reviews :whistle2:(.

Thanks for the heads-up and saving me another $40 over the next two months, Zoglog. Someone else should be able to handle the new PS2/XB rebates.

No clue why the rebate links aren't showing up in the product descriptions, but they're in the search page.

Phantasy Star Collection
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=602255

Brain Age
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18973963

Tetris DS
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18251889

WarioWare Touched
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16515097

Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19087608

Super Princess Peach
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=17491426

Metroid Prime Hunters
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18251888

Meteos
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16515066

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16407775

Major League Baseball 2k6 (GC)
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19070958

FIFA World Cup 06 (GC)
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19070957

Super Mario Strikers
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18128707

Sonic Riders (GC)
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=17327340

One Piece: Grand Battle (GC)
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=9023284

Everything or Nothing (GC)
http://cheapassgamer.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=845401

^^^^ Holy crap! And just after I requested a bunch for games I really don't want to review. Some of these are gonna be easy, I just hope they hold out until June :whistle2:(.

I was just going to comment that I was beginning to run out of things to review at PG and they go and do this :D.

Dammit - now it's a guessing game as to which will fill up first, as I could only request 3 more this month. I will have to pick 5 I think might last till June (and 5 more that might last till July!). One I grabbed as soon as I saw it:

Kingdom Hearts II

I'm still trying to decide on the other 2.

Of these which two do you guys would think is the best to request now: Brain Age, Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Super Princess Peach, Meteos, and Super Mario Strikers?

I'm figuring the newest games are the ones you want to request right away because people are more likely to have receipts for them still... But it is hard to decide, as most of these are new games...

One bad sign - the Kirby Air Ride rebate which only just showed up a few months ago is already filled up. If that filled so quickly these new ones will go soon.

Another question - has anyone successfully requested a second form after one of their originals expired? I'm wondering if I can just skip some of the less popular games I requested for this month and next month and get some of these new ones instead. If I could reuqest the older ones again in a couple of months that would be great. Has anyone tried this? I'm assuming, of course, the the games in question are still available for rebates (for nearly every game I have in the queue for June and July they still are).

[quote name='io']Another question - has anyone successfully requested a second form after one of their originals expired? I'm wondering if I can just skip some of the less popular games I requested for this month and next month and get some of these new ones instead. If I could reuqest the older ones again in a couple of months that would be great. Has anyone tried this? I'm assuming, of course, the the games in question are still available for rebates (for nearly every game I have in the queue for June and July they still are).[/quote]

I dont think that works. I tried it once and the form had the old expiry date on it...So my gf reviewed it instead :)

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I dont think that works. I tried it once and the form had the old expiry date on it...So my gf reviewed it instead :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN DAMN DAMN... Well, thanks for the info. I won't jeopardize my current ones then. I guess I'll just have to hope everyone is in the same boat and these won't all get snagged too quickly. Between the 3 I can get now and the 5 I can get in June I can cover pretty much all of the big ones and hope a few others slide through till July :D.

I really wish they had counters for how many forms were out on each game - that would, obviously, make the selection much easier. For longer running ones I go by the number of reviews - when those hit 8-10 or so, I know the end is near. These ones will probably run out before even a few reviews are done though.

I only had 1 review to for april so i went thru to find some more. Was surprised to find these games still available for bonus.

Freestyle Soccer GC - $1.99 Blockbuster
Silent hill 2 - $7 at Gamestop
Fatal Frame
Fatal Frame 2
Hot Shots Golf 3 - got for $6 at CC this week
True Crime : LA (GC)- got for $5 at microcenter

Damn, PG was on the ball this month. Not only have they added the first significant set of rebates in a while, but they put up my 5 submissions for April on my rebate status page already. I just sent them last Friday (the 28th) and they were marked as received on May 1st. Last month they didn't put them up till past the middle of the month (and showed them as received on the 10th). This is all a good sign for our favorite little rebate machine :D.

So far they show no errors - I need to keep an eye on one, in particular, as it was for a used game that I rented and then bought from Blockbuster. I gave them two receipts - one is the rental and the other is for the balance. The purchase receipt just shows a debit for the amount owed without saying what it is for (stupid GR manager didn't know how to do the rent-to-buy thing). It's legit, but looks very strange.

Remember io, you can request up to 15 over a 3 month period. Meaning if you only have two reviews to do right now, you can request 13 more. Do three of those this month, five next month, and five the following month.

I requested 8 of the ones I posted, and I still had one that expires this month, so I will be good as long as they don't put up a bunch more new ones this month.

Now I just need to write my reviews for the ones I sent in last week before they get received.

[quote name='botticus']Remember io, you can request up to 15 over a 3 month period. Meaning if you only have two reviews to do right now, you can request 13 more. Do three of those this month, five next month, and five the following month.

I requested 8 of the ones I posted, and I still had one that expires this month, so I will be good as long as they don't put up a bunch more new ones this month.

Now I just need to write my reviews for the ones I sent in last week before they get received.[/QUOTE]

See my post above - if you sent them last week they probably already processed them, so get those reviews done ASAP!

Uhh, before the new ones were added I was full up on requests with only 3 slots left :D. And I noticed this 15 limit was posted in the OP as well. I don't get it - I seem to be able to carry 20 open rebates at a time. Yes, there is a 15 limit over a 3 month period - but if you request new forms at the beginning of the month you really have a 4 month window and thus can carry 20 at a time. Right now I have 5 due in May, June, July, and 3 in August (leaving 2 free after I added KHII),

[quote name='io']See my post above - if you sent them last week they probably already processed them, so get those reviews done ASAP!
[/QUOTE]
Reviews submitted, no rebates posted. But I did realize that the check I deposited this week was my second rebate for the Castlevania double-pack. I love PriceGrabber. After BB coupon and 2 rebates, I got that game for $10.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks for the heads-up and saving me another $40 over the next two months, Zoglog. Someone else should be able to handle the new PS2/XB rebates.

No clue why the rebate links aren't showing up in the product descriptions, but they're in the search page.

Phantasy Star Collection
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=602255

Brain Age
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18973963

Tetris DS
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18251889

WarioWare Touched
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16515097

Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19087608

Super Princess Peach
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=17491426

Metroid Prime Hunters
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18251888

Meteos
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16515066

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=16407775

Major League Baseball 2k6 (GC)
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19070958

FIFA World Cup 06 (GC)
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=19070957

Super Mario Strikers
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18128707

Sonic Riders (GC)
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=17327340

One Piece: Grand Battle (GC)
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=9023284

Everything or Nothing (GC)
http://pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=845401[/QUOTE]
If you remove the cheapassgamer part of the url it works, see?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you remove the cheapassgamer part of the url it works, see?[/QUOTE]

yeah, but then Cheapy won't get his cool referral points ;)

[quote name='Zoglog']yeah, but then Cheapy won't get his cool referral points ;)[/QUOTE]
If you're really worried, then cash the check and send some of it his way. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you remove the cheapassgamer part of the url it works, see?[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's weird.

And Cheapy's not missing out on anything unless you buy the product from that link, as far as I know.

Well using the GGC and the pricegrabber rebate, you can get Brain Age for $10 at Best Buy... is it worth it?

Also, is there a relatively easy way to determine the new rebates added?

Does this mean if I were to submit a review for KBtoys, then I would ONLY get a rebate for 5$ for KBtoys?
Or if I do a review, then I get 5$ off anything anywhere?

[quote name='Smartdye']Does this mean if I were to submit a review for KBtoys, then I would ONLY get a rebate for 5$ for KBtoys?
Or if I do a review, then I get 5$ off anything anywhere?[/quote]

They send you a $5 check, which you convert into $5 cash at your bank, which you can spend anywhere you please.

Ha... apparently my three rebates from February had been declined since at the time of processing I had not written my reviews. But they decided not to update the status to declined. But regardless, they're accepted now.

I have a feeling I might have to watch out for the same with my April submissions, since they were received on the 1st and I didn't write reviews till a few days later. We'll see.

How did you take care of that? I have a couple of rebates from January stuck at processing but I'm not sure if I posted the reviews in time.

bread's done
Back