PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='sanjuro']How did you take care of that? I have a couple of rebates from January stuck at processing but I'm not sure if I posted the reviews in time.[/QUOTE]
Just email [email protected]. Even though Pam's gone, they're still pretty quick with responding and resolving issues.

Crap - just checked my rebates status and one of them was denied.

My fault though, didnt noticed that I had requested the form like 9 months ago already and the postmark expiration was 12/31/05. Guess I didn't expect any game to not get 50 requests after sitting out there for 9 months so never bothered to look at it.

Brain Age is already no longer available! Glad I choose that one as one of the 3 I could get this month. I hope the rest make it till June.

[quote name='sanjuro']That'll teach me to throw my receipts out even after checking Pricegrabber. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yep, I keep all my receipts now. Unfortunately with some of these older games, I'm gonna have to dig through a few months of credit card statements to find the receipts. Cash and store credit receipts get stored in the game case.

I need help finding a UPC for 512mb Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. I brought it Black friday with a rebate and sent it out that later day. Now I need the UPC for the pricegrabber rebate. Where can I go?

[quote name='sanjuro']That'll teach me to throw my receipts out even after checking Pricegrabber. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That'll teach me to take a plane trip all day and not be on CAG for 12 hours. The Super Mario Bros rebate is ALREADY GONE! Unbelieveable! If I don't see 50 reviews on there by 3 months from now I'm going to slap all the CAG's who hogged the rebate and didn't use it :D.

Or maybe you just thought you saw one for NSMB Botticus? I'm hoping so, anyway, so I don't have to feel bad for missing it :D. It seems hard to believe it would disappear that quickly unless they've decreased the number they are allowing (from 50).

[quote name='io']That'll teach me to take a plane trip all day and not be on CAG for 12 hours. The Super Mario Bros rebate is ALREADY GONE! Unbelieveable! If I don't see 50 reviews on there by 3 months from now I'm going to slap all the CAG's who hogged the rebate and didn't use it :D.

Or maybe you just thought you saw one for NSMB Botticus? I'm hoping so, anyway, so I don't have to feel bad for missing it :D. It seems hard to believe it would disappear that quickly unless they've decreased the number they are allowing (from 50).[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was all a figment of my imagination. The rebate form in my email clearly says "Old Super Mario Bros", so you're okay ;)

[quote name='botticus']Yep, it was all a figment of my imagination. The rebate form in my email clearly says "Old Super Mario Bros", so you're okay ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, after I posted here I figured out why it disappeared so quickly - the PG link was posted the NSMB DS thread and used GS NSMB deal thread :D. So that explains it. That explains why that, and not things like Mario Kart or MPH are gone, anyway. Though I would expect those to disappear soon.

[quote name='io']Well, after I posted here I figured out why it disappeared so quickly - the PG link was posted the NSMB DS thread and used GS NSMB deal thread :D. So that explains it. That explains why that, and not things like Mario Kart or MPH are gone, anyway. Though I would expect those to disappear soon.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:\"

Who would do such a thing? Hopefully they don't add too many more right now... I've only got four more openings through the end of August.

Thanks for the heads up on the newly added PG rebates botticus :)

[quote name='io']That'll teach me to take a plane trip all day and not be on CAG for 12 hours. The Super Mario Bros rebate is ALREADY GONE! Unbelieveable! If I don't see 50 reviews on there by 3 months from now I'm going to slap all the CAG's who hogged the rebate and didn't use it :D.[/QUOTE]

I hear you I can see it now 4 months later we'll see 20 or less reviews for NSMB :( Usually I don't see more then about a dozen reviews for any game that used to have a $5 bonus review and doesn't anymore. I was thinking that the NSMB rebate was probably tapped also as I was going to clink on the link lol

[quote name='botticus']I heart PG rebates.

Mario Kart DS
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_Mario_Kart_for_Nintendo_DS,__16515063

New Super Mario Bros
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_New_Super_Mario_Bros,__19087609

Pac 'N Roll
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Namco_PAC_N_ROLL_DS,__7659278

Electroplankton :shock:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_Electroplankton_DS,__13370461

Trauma Center
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Atlus_TRAUMA_CENTER_UNDER_KNIFE_DS,__9023334

Lost Magic
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__UbiSoft_Lost_Magic_for_Nintendo_DS_DS,__19215400

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_Mario_Luigi_Partners_in_Time,__16515062

Kirby Canvas Curse
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Nintendo_NINTENDO_Kirby_Canvas_Curse_Nintendo_DS,__9440510

That's another $35 for me! Though I need to actually get Lost Magic for the UPC to go along with my GR receipt.[/QUOTE]

How do you find the games with recent bonus rebates? Do you just spot check the games or view the list of all DS games and look for new ones?

[quote name='cheapfrag']How do you find the games with recent bonus rebates? Do you just spot check the games or view the list of all DS games and look for new ones?[/QUOTE]
DS games are easy because there's only 7 pages (compared to 20+ for the other systems), so I just browse through. They just added a ton two weeks ago, so I had looked recently enough to know which ones didn't have them before.

I'll get the master lists updated tomorrow guys. The job that pays me has been kicking my ass lately, so I haven't had a chance to update them.

So, if i bought my trauma center or my mario luigi game like last year and i still have the receipt do i still get to send them in and receive my $5?

[quote name='trunks982']So, if i bought my trauma center or my mario luigi game like last year and i still have the receipt do i still get to send them in and receive my $5?[/QUOTE]
Yes. The only date that matters is the postmark date on the form. As long as you have a receipt, a UPC, and the form submitted by that date, it's fine.

And a review, though I consider that secondary ;)

[quote name='botticus']Yes. The only date that matters is the postmark date on the form. As long as you have a receipt, a UPC, and the form submitted by that date, it's fine.

And a review, though I consider that secondary ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks man.

Updated the lists with all the new games that have rebates. I'm trying to strike out and eventually remove the games that no longer have rebates, but it's going to take a while as it looks like they removed a lot of rebates this time around.

[quote name='shipwreck']Updated the lists with all the new games that have rebates. I'm trying to strike out and eventually remove the games that no longer have rebates, but it's going to take a while as it looks like they removed a lot of rebates this time around.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're right Ship - they definitely pulled a bunch.

In particular, though, it seems they disappeared right around midnight May 31st (AFTER you posted!). I was watching a few that I was going to request June 1st and they were there in the evening May 31st and gone at 2 am June 1st!

It seems Matrix Path of Neo and Driver 3 for PS2 disappeared. I'm sure there's a ton more.
Matrix, with the $9.99 CC sale, might have just been a coincidence - though I doubt it. But with Driver 3 disappearing right at the same time I think that's fairly solid proof that they pull them before all 50 forms go out. No way that suddenly got hot and requested by everyone :D.

It seems that a bunch of PS2 games got pulled - in fact I had a hard time finding ones still WITH rebates in Shipwreck's list :whistle2:(.

Edit - The following ones on my watch list are no more:
Backyard Basketball, Destroy All Humans, Ecco, Incredibles, Strike Force Bowling, and Wallace and Gromit.

Maybe, perhaps, these are just temporarily gone? I know that has happened before - just a web site glitch perhaps. We'll see...

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Glad i requested Destroy All Humans and Path of Neo already if they were pulled.[/quote]
Lucky you. I bought Path of Neo and the rebate was all gone. Did you request yours last week?

[quote name='eau']Lucky you. I bought Path of Neo and the rebate was all gone. Did you request yours last week?[/quote]

No, i went thru all the availalbe ones at the end of April and requested ones i knew id buy within 3 months.

[quote name='Blade']Take off he fucking games that expired. I just bought five of them because I believed you.[/QUOTE]
You could click on the link first to see if it's still there.

[quote name='Blade']Take off he fucking games that expired. I just bought five of them because I believed you.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I don't have time to check every single game on the list and I already said that there were a bunch that were pulled recently. Maybe at least post which one's no longer have rebates instead of just complaining.

[quote name='shipwreck']Sometimes I don't have time to check every single game on the list and I already said that there were a bunch that were pulled recently. Maybe at least post which one's no longer have rebates instead of just complaining.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: - don't worry about him Ship. Sheesh, I'd never buy them without clicking on the damn links first. Even if they hadn't just pulled a bunch (and WHAT is up with that? They didn't hit the 50 limit on all of these magically right at midnight on May 31st!) there are always individual games that hit the limits and are no longer available on any given day. I'm sure Shipwreck doesn't have the time to check on each link twice a day to keep it THAT up to date :lol.

Blade, hopefully you didn't open them - just return the damn things.

Has anyone else noticed PG has hit one of their SLOW phases. I have rebates submitted in early May that haven't shown yet. Usually we all see them being slow at the same time (they seem to take weeks off from processing all forms). Is everyone else seeing this now? Just want to make sure it's not just me...

[quote name='io']
Has anyone else noticed PG has hit one of their SLOW phases. I have rebates submitted in early May that haven't shown yet. Usually we all see them being slow at the same time (they seem to take weeks off from processing all forms). Is everyone else seeing this now? Just want to make sure it's not just me...[/QUOTE]

It's not just you - I sent some on May 18 and haven't heard a thing.

I haven't done any PG rebates in a while, so I don't recall the exact timing, though.

[quote name='io']
Blade, hopefully you didn't open them - just return the damn things.

Has anyone else noticed PG has hit one of their SLOW phases. I have rebates submitted in early May that haven't shown yet. Usually we all see them being slow at the same time (they seem to take weeks off from processing all forms). Is everyone else seeing this now? Just want to make sure it's not just me...[/quote]

I have some sitting from April that are waiting to go through. I was worried but it looks like I'm not the only one that is waiting around. I was thinking of calling or e-mailing them to see what's going on but does this occur periodically with them?

[quote name='Tyga24']I have some sitting from April that are waiting to go through. I was worried but it looks like I'm not the only one that is waiting around. I was thinking of calling or e-mailing them to see what's going on but does this occur periodically with them?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems to oscillate between very fast response and very slow response. Usually, though, they at least show up on the rebate search within a month - it has been more than that for my last set. But if other people are seeing the same thing I won't worry. Occasionally, though, they hose up your address thus making the rebate search fruitless and you DO need to email to clear that up. But it sounds like this is just one of the slow phases...

I'm so confused...

I had three rebates get the C/S resubmit treatment on the 1st (three I had sent in April where I hadn't written the review by the time they processed it). Now I had a C/S resubmit show up today, for one of the ones I mailed in on the 31st, and it's already approved. So I guess they took it upon themselves to resubmit it, or they entered the type in wrong. Hopefully my other four show up soon.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']I have 9 right now in 'Check Approved' PENDING mail status[/QUOTE]
Huh... I just checked and I have four. Three of which I thought were the ones that were resubmitted. But I guess they were a different three. So I have three mailed and four pending. Missing one that should have showed up already.

Yeah, i just recieved 2 e-mails that checks have been approved and and now I'm only waiting on 1 left from April and 4 from May. I'm glad they finally went through and thanks for the info io.

I got 10 emails :D. But I STILL don't even have the rebate status page showing 3 from early May. Once they show up there I don't worry about them - it is getting them to post that is the problem sometimes (if they screw up your address for example).

The following are no longer available:

Psychonauts (PC)
X-Men (GBA)
THPS 2 (GBA)
Gitaroo Man (PS2)
Megaman Zero (GBA)
Parappa 2 (PS2)
Jet Black GCN Controller

Thanks for the list, it's really helped me out.

Sent in my 5 for June today. Pretty good deals on these games, prices below are before $5 rebate

Kingdom Hearts 2 - $25 at BB
Sims GC - $2 Kmart
Need for Speed HotP2 GC - $2 Kmart
Matrix Path of Neo - $10 CC
Celebrity Deathmatch - $5 TRU.com

[quote name='dragonxxiv']Will they accept orders/receipts from Half.com or ebay? They accepted my receipts from gamefly for used games.[/QUOTE]

I have used an Ebay receipt for one of my rebates without any problems.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I have used an Ebay receipt for one of my rebates without any problems.[/quote]
So, potentially an ebay receipt for a used game will work too, as long as the item title doesn't explicitly say USED, OPEN BOX, etc ;)

Just recieved 6 out of 7 rebate checks I was waiting for in the mail today. Now, I can finally recoup some of that cash I just spent at CC.

I just got 10 checks in the mail today. But I still don't even have email verification OR rebate search page status for ones I sent in mid-May. Very strange. Looks like they stopped processing submissions the second week of May or so and have yet to start back up again (but the ones from before that have all gone through the system to the point of mailing checks).

bread's done
Back