PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone else had the rebates they mailed at the end of June show up besides io? Still nothing for me.

Figures as soon as I start saving postage by mailing them all in manila envelopes, they start losing all of them. Still have two from May that I need to fax back in.[/QUOTE]

Just got notification that they mailed my checks (from early July submissions) on Friday 8/11.

For Pricegrabber, that's pretty fast...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']wow, I just noticed that I have rebates from last November that haven't been processed. They'll probably tell me I haven't wrote reviews for them.[/quote]
That's most likely what they'll say, yes.

Double-check and make sure the review has been posted, and if not, then yes, that's what they'll likely tell you and complain about it all the while.

Is the NCAA Football 05/Top Spin Xbox bundle for the actual console UPC or the games UPC? I picked up the game used at EB since it was cheaper than getting TS alone and I'm not sure what they're expecting. I need to stop at Staples and get my Subsistence UPC copied before I leave since it's due at the end of the month. There's been a lack of rebates for me lately since this is the last one I've gotten since the beginning of the year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is the NCAA Football 05/Top Spin Xbox bundle for the actual console UPC or the games UPC? I picked up the game used at EB since it was cheaper than getting TS alone and I'm not sure what they're expecting. I need to stop at Staples and get my Subsistence UPC copied before I leave since it's due at the end of the month. There's been a lack of rebates for me lately since this is the last one I've gotten since the beginning of the year.[/quote]
No harm in sending it in for the game if you have it. They're pretty lenient on things. For example I've gotten two rebates for the Castlevania double-pack instead of one for Harmony and one for Aria individually, and I've gotten one for Metroid Prime bundled with a Wavebird, which has a different UPC.

Well, no notice yet of the ones I sent in at the end of June, or last month but that doesn't worry me yet. I think they're trying to get me to stop sending them by "losing" all of them, which makes me debate going through the hassle of faxing resubmissions. Sad thing is, there are only three more left that I will be submitting this month.

[quote name='botticus']No harm in sending it in for the game if you have it. They're pretty lenient on things. For example I've gotten two rebates for the Castlevania double-pack instead of one for Harmony and one for Aria individually, and I've gotten one for Metroid Prime bundled with a Wavebird, which has a different UPC.

Well, no notice yet of the ones I sent in at the end of June, or last month but that doesn't worry me yet. I think they're trying to get me to stop sending them by "losing" all of them, which makes me debate going through the hassle of faxing resubmissions. Sad thing is, there are only three more left that I will be submitting this month.[/QUOTE]
I sent them an email a couple of days ago asking about 5 rebates I sent in late June. They wrote back asking for Rebate # which I gave them yesterday but I haven't heard back yet.

[quote name='botticus']

Well, no notice yet of the ones I sent in at the end of June, or last month but that doesn't worry me yet. I think they're trying to get me to stop sending them by "losing" all of them, which makes me debate going through the hassle of faxing resubmissions. Sad thing is, there are only three more left that I will be submitting this month.[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it, but I just got my checks from the end-of-June ones :lol:. Actually, it looks like I got an extra check, too, as I got the "customer service resubmit" check a few days ago and then 5 more today (should have been 4).

Still no notice of my July submissions, if that makes you feel any better.

Hmm... it looks like they forgot to enter the dollar amount on a lot of the newer rebates that they have added such as Dead Rising. I've got 3-4 games that are like that and I'm not sure if I want to download the forms without the $5 being on there.

Just got an email response from pricegrabber support saying that my rebates from the end of June just entered the Processing stage and that they should show up on the tracking page within 5 days.... we'll see.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Just got an email response from pricegrabber support saying that my rebates from the end of June just entered the Processing stage and that they should show up on the tracking page within 5 days.... we'll see.[/quote]
I guess I might as well email them and ask.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hmm... it looks like they forgot to enter the dollar amount on a lot of the newer rebates that they have added such as Dead Rising. I've got 3-4 games that are like that and I'm not sure if I want to download the forms without the $5 being on there.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think that is some sort of mistake. If you poke around a bit, you see that EVERY game at the top of a list has the "$ Bonus!" offer, whether you just browse through all the games or do a search. It took me a while to figure this all out. What finally tipped me off was that I started searching for miscellaneous old PS2 games I had sitting in my closet. Nearly every one came up with the bonus (if it was first on the search page). Then I looked through the regular list and the same games didn't have the bonus (unless they happened to be at the top of the page).

Dead Rising happens to be at the top of the 360 page right now - as is the Guitar Hero Bundle for PS2. Both show "$ Bonus!". Ditto Liberty City Stories for PSP, Mario DDR for GC, Phoenix Wright for DS, and Pokemon Fire Red for GBA.

Go to page 2 of GC, and at the top it has Resident Evil Zero with "$ Bonus!". It's like that with all of them...

And after I wasted a bunch of time writing down a ton of games I could get bonuses for :cry:.

I think PG is either throwing my submissions away, or they're recording them wrong. Two months after my June submissions, nothing is showing up. So combined with the two of 5 that they didn't get in May, that's three out of six mailed items that have been lost, supposedly (May's were mailed individually, June's in one envelope). That's just ludicrous.

I'll be emailing them shortly to have them look into this before I waste my time faxing in seven submissions next week in addition to prepping the three that I have left to go out in August.

FYI, these games no longer have the $5 Rebates:

:ds: Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
:ds: Meteos
:ds: Pac 'N Roll
:ds: Tetris DS
:xbox: Half-Life 2
:xbox: Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
:xbox: Ninja Gaiden Black
:xbox: XIII

Praise the Lord, PriceGrabber isn't totally dead and worthless yet.

I got notices that 5 rebates were received from my July submission (received 8/17, didn't show up until a couple days ago). Today I checked and the two I submitted in August have appeared (received 9/8).

Still waiting to hear back from their research department regarding two rebates from May and all five from June.

For better or worse, at least I'm done with PG until more rebates show up online.

[quote name='botticus']Praise the Lord, PriceGrabber isn't totally dead and worthless yet.

I got notices that 5 rebates were received from my July submission (received 8/17, didn't show up until a couple days ago). Today I checked and the two I submitted in August have appeared (received 9/8).

Still waiting to hear back from their research department regarding two rebates from May and all five from June.

For better or worse, at least I'm done with PG until more rebates show up online.[/quote]
For me, they're worthless as well, until they've put up more rebates.

Though, oddly enough, when I sent them an email asking where my last 19 rebates went to (posts from prior pages), they took care of those. Probably was end of July when those were mailed out to me.

Now, around late August, I get five emails about the last five PG rebates I submitted, which they had already taken care of. :whistle2:s They sent me the last five rebates again, including the correct check for my 27" TV, which had a $10 rebate on it. So, I ended up with $30 bonus money I hadn't expected. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s

And now 12 more just popped up. That might even be 5 more than I should have, but I'll have to work through the bonus numbers to figure out. At the very least, it takes care of two full months and should include the two they asked me to refax them previously. Awesome.

[quote name='botticus']Praise the Lord, PriceGrabber isn't totally dead and worthless yet.

For better or worse, at least I'm done with PG until more rebates show up online.[/QUOTE]

Hehe - they definitely process things in chunks. My July and August ones showed up with exactly the same 'received' dates as yours :D.

And Shrike - good deal, eh? I got ONE extra $5 check for one they messed up the address on. They said it would be regenerated, and it was - but I also got the original check (with the corrected address). I guess I wish they had screwed up more of them! Botticus, looks like you will be getting a nice extra bonus too.

I still have the pipeline full through November - but right about now I could use some new ones for after that. I missed out on a few of the DS games in May/June because I had too many forms requested already.

I noticed this thread popped up, so i checked on my august rebates. 3 of the 4 i sent(all in same envelope) show receive date of 9/8, so 1 is missing. And 1 of the ones displayed has an error of "Our records show your review was unacceptable". Since that was like the 90th review ive written and I never had trouble before, I'm not sure what was up with that.
I wrote Pam(if shes still there) and hopefully they can square that away.

FYI- I don't think Pam works there anymore (or at least not in the capacity that she used to). Whoever it is that does the responses to e-mail questions is much more unpersonable (is that even a word? anyways... u know what I mean).

[quote name='Warner1281']FYI- I don't think Pam works there anymore (or at least not in the capacity that she used to). Whoever it is that does the responses to e-mail questions is much more unpersonable (is that even a word? anyways... u know what I mean).[/quote]
Yep, very sad. I'm guessing she got canned or reassigned when they got bought out.

Just got a bunch of cards saying my stuff was rejected cause it didn't include the UPC. Yet I looked at the copies I have and of course the UPC's are right there... clear as day. Damn monkeys can't see apparently. Anyways, does anyone know what the contact e-mail is? I couldn't find it on the pricegrabber help page anymore, so I just did the general pricegrabber support contact that they have there (you actually do it through their webpage as opposed to your e-mail program).

Wow... I'm not sure if I should be offended or grateful or what... but I'm pretty offended for now.

So they rejected a batch of 5 I sent in at the end of July, claiming no UPC was attached. So I rescanned everything. The way I do it is I actually remove the insert from the case and just scan the back half of it with the receipt placed right along side it. Anyways, I sent them as .jpg's to [email protected] like they asked me to and I get an e-mail reply a couple hours later saying that, "The images you have provided are from one of our merchants, Game Express. However, we ask that you provide your own original scans from the video game boxes." Rather than go on a bitch session with them which may or may not have gotten me anywhere, I simply said fuck it and rescanned the game backs again, but this time at a lower resolution to show that they are my scans. I cropped the scans so that it was just the UPC's with the receipt alongside them and resend it, and I get this response- "Although these do look like zoomed in and low resolution with added noise, we will go ahead and honor your rebate. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your rebate status to update online at www.web-rebates.com/pricegrabber." Now WTF? What more do they want? Do I have to have my wife take a picture of me holding each game in one hand and the receipt in the other and send that along with a signed affidavit claiming everything shown is true to the best of my knowledge. Jeebus Christ!

[/bitch session]

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Maybe they are starting to crack down more on the copies. Well, I just copied the backs of 4 DS games and mailed them in yesterday. I don't know what else I could do - they are copies of the original inserts for games that I have sitting right here :lol:. My 5th submission was a PS2 game - I didn't want to open it yet so I copied the back of the game with the shrinkwrap still on. I just cut off the edges of the copy where the plastic is obvious.

One thing that I do (entirely by accident) is copy them all crooked - just by virtue of clumsiness. Maybe that appears more 'real' than a perfectly aligned copy? Something to try anyway...

I just recieved checks for the 3 rebates I submitted in August today, which actually surprised me since I hadn't checked the status in a few weeks.

I just looked online and it seems my 5 from July shipped out today, and my 5 for August are pending. The 5 for Sept haven't shown up yet but I just mailed them last Thurs :D.

That reminds me, I better write the reviews!

Holy crap, did shipwreck just update the lists to at least be accurate as of 8/31? I think he did.

(Except for the PC and Hardware links).

I've gotten my 10 checks from July and August and just got confirmation (dated 10/11) for my 5 September ones. They seem to be on top of things again. Too bad they haven't added anything recently :cry:.

[quote name='Zoglog']funny you mention that io, there's a whole lot of new ones for psp, ps2, xbox, xb360, ds up.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, you're right! And just a few days ago I filled up most of my last slots with crappy GBA games after seeing nothing new for a while.

DAMN DAMN DAMN! I have a few left, though, so I need to decide which are the "hot" ones that will get taken before Nov 1. Clubhouse Games for sure...

Edit - Okami, Star Fox Command, Lego Star Wars II... Holy crap...

[quote name='io']Holy crap, you're right! And just a few days ago I filled up most of my last slots with crappy GBA games after seeing nothing new for a while.

DAMN DAMN DAMN! I have a few left, though, so I need to decide which are the "hot" ones that will get taken before Nov 1. Clubhouse Games for sure...

Edit - Okami, Star Fox Command, Lego Star Wars II... Holy crap...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just noticed that.. I ended up grabbign a bit. And they don't expire until Jan 31st. So they'll last throught he holiday season.

Nice, finally a reason for me to actually update the lists of available rebates. I'll try and get them all up with links today.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Is Cooking Mama (DS) worth $9.99? (I figure I can get it for $14.99 at Best Buy with a GGC and then $5 PGR brings it down to $9.99).[/quote]Yes. Basically a bunch of mini-games in the form of cooking simulations.

Wow, were Advance Wars 1 and 2 just added? Awesome.

And wow, I missed it till you listed it below, but I just snagged Kirby a couple weeks ago, and didn't like spending $17 for it, but $12 is so much nicer. How convenient!

New additions to the Master List (see first page for links):

:ds:
Clubhouse Games
Cooking Mama
Harvest Moon DS
LEGO Star Wars II
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Mega Man ZX
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Star Fox Command

:gba:
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2
Backyard Basketball
Classic NES: Legend Of Zelda
Classic NES: Super Mario Bros.
Dexter's Chess
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land

:gc:
FIFA Soccer 07
LEGO Star Wars II

:ps2:
The Ant Bully
Batman Begins
Bully
Dance Dance Revolution Supernova Bundle
Destroy All Humans! 2
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
The Fast and the Furious
FIFA Soccer 07
LEGO Star Wars II
Madden NFL 07
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 07
Okami
Phantasy Star Universe
Scarface: The World Is Yours
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Valkyrie Profile 2: Simeria
WWE Smackdown! Vs. RAW 2007

:psp:
Bounty Hounds
Family Guy
Godfater: Mob Wars
Killzone: Liberation
LEGO Star Wars II
Loco Roco
Lord Of The Rings Tactics
Madden NFL 07
Monster Hunter Freedom
NBA Live 07
Prince of Persia: Revelations
Scarface
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

:xbox:
Destroy All Humans! 2
FIFA Soccer 07
Madden NFL 07
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
NBA 2K7
Scarface: The World is Yours

:360:
Dead Rising
Enchanted Arms
Full Auto
Godfather
Just Cause
LEGO Star Wars II
Lord of the Rings; Battle for Middle Earth II
NBA Live 07
Ninety-Nine Nights
Prey
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Table Tennis

If I missed any, just let me know and I'll add them.

[quote name='cheapfrag']How the hell do you find those bonuses so quickly shipwreck? Do you have a super secret search tool?[/QUOTE]

Well, I just browse through the games under each platform and when I see one with a rebate, I just right click on it and paste it into an excel sheet I made that formats everything and spits out the list I post here with nice links.

I wish I had a tool that would just scan their site for the Rebates, but this method honestly doesn't take too long.

I saw Phantasy Star Universe on there yesterday - interesting that they have a game that isn't out yet :lol:. I noticed they have sections for the PS3 and Wii now, too, but no rebates there yet. Wonder if they'll have them for the systems? :D

[quote name='io']I saw Phantasy Star Universe on there yesterday - interesting that they have a game that isn't out yet :lol:. I noticed they have sections for the PS3 and Wii now, too, but no rebates there yet. Wonder if they'll have them for the systems? :D[/QUOTE]

probably after launch. They had xbox 360 games there shortly after launch with rebates.

[quote name='Zoglog']probably after launch. They had xbox 360 games there shortly after launch with rebates.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say games - I meant for the systems themselves. It would be nice to get $5 back on those :D. Did they ever have an Xbox 360 system rebate?

bread's done
Back