PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

[quote name='io']I didn't say games - I meant for the systems themselves. It would be nice to get $5 back on those :D. Did they ever have an Xbox 360 system rebate?[/QUOTE]

nope, not that I can recall. If I remember they did do it for the handhelds though.

They did have rebates for some of the GameCubes and accessories... my platinum one would have qualified, but I didn't have the UPC due to a rebate. Wish I had known about UPCdatabase.com then.

[quote name='botticus']They did have rebates for some of the GameCubes and accessories... my platinum one would have qualified, but I didn't have the UPC due to a rebate. Wish I had known about UPCdatabase.com then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got them for the Game Boy e-reader and the Gamecube Game Boy Player. Unfortunately that meant cutting the package open on the Game Boy player (guess I could have used UPCdatabase too - oh well). As I never got around to using the thing and just found out they sell for a mint on eBay that sucks a bit, but probably won't have too much of an effect on selling it there. They are going for over $100 new. That is just insane - I've felt no reason at all to use it (on the rare occasions I play GBA games I use my DS), so I'll just sell it and pay off the original price of my GC :D.

But seeing this thread bumped up again reminds me that it is already near the end of another month! Time to send in 5 more rebate forms. Damn, it seems like I just did that...

OK, I was sending in my 5 submissions for October and I noticed a change in the newest forms. I had 4 old ones and one of the new ones to send in. The address is now different - Young America, MN instead of Mesa, AZ. But the more important change is that instead of saying 5 per calendar month it says 5 per "30 day period". That could really screw some people up if you've been used to sending them at the very end of the month (as I have). They could disqualify many more submissions this way - let's see if they enforce that strictly.

I just went ahead and mailed them to the old address since 4 of the 5 had that address on it. Hopefully they will treat this batch as the 5/month deal (even though one of them is a new one). I just stuck the new one in the middle of the others. Really, it was just on a whim that I decided to see if the address had changed. It's funny though, because even though I checked for this, I sent them to the old address :lol:.

[quote name='io']It's funny though, because even though I checked for this, I sent them to the old address :lol:.[/quote]

Hope they get to the right place :) I reprinted old forms(that had the old address on) and i believe they reprinted with the new address.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hope they get to the right place :) I reprinted old forms(that had the old address on) and i believe they reprinted with the new address.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I figured they would be forwarded if they are not processed in both places. I mean, none of the forms I've gotten in the last couple months have the new address so they can't expect everyone to send to the new place at first. If they don't show up in a few weeks I'll contact them and ask about the addresses. The problem when you reprint them is you get the "30 day" limit as a new restriction - I'd rather keep using the "calendar month" ones just to be safe.

[quote name='io']Yeah, well I figured they would be forwarded if they are not processed in both places. I mean, none of the forms I've gotten in the last couple months have the new address so they can't expect everyone to send to the new place at first. If they don't show up in a few weeks I'll contact them and ask about the addresses. The problem when you reprint them is you get the "30 day" limit as a new restriction - I'd rather keep using the "calendar month" ones just to be safe.[/quote]

Yea i didnt notice that 30 day thing..hope that doesnt cause a problem since i havent paid attention to when I've been sending them in other than the month.

[quote name='whitereflection']Can someone verify that they still accept rebates on used games, despite what the form says?[/quote]

Yes, they do. No one has ever had a problem with this.

Got four postcards from them yesterday. All four said that my submission had no receipt, which is total b.s. -- I print the receipt and the upc on one piece of paper and staple it to the form. So I'll be calling/emailing on Monday.

Between this and the taking absolutely forever now, I'm getting tired of Pricegrabber. Though I still like free money :)

Quick question for those of you who have experience with doing the reviews after you send in the forms. I sent in my forms on the 31st. About how long will I have to write my reviews? Is it just until they receive it today or tomorrow or is it that I have until they are posted on the website? Usually it takes them a couple of weeks to show up on the website, so I'm hoping that's the case, but someone with more experience would be helpful. Thanks.

[quote name='Warner1281']Quick question for those of you who have experience with doing the reviews after you send in the forms. I sent in my forms on the 31st. About how long will I have to write my reviews? Is it just until they receive it today or tomorrow or is it that I have until they are posted on the website? Usually it takes them a couple of weeks to show up on the website, so I'm hoping that's the case, but someone with more experience would be helpful. Thanks.[/quote]You should try to have the reviews done within a couple days. Generally by the time they go on the website, they have been reviewed by whoever reviews the rebates. So if you haven't submitted a review by the time they're on the site, chances are they'll deny it. Rule of thumb is to get the review done by the customary delivery time (2-5 days).

30 days no postings bump.

I got 3 emails saying rebate checks were sent, so i checked my status page. Looks like they sent the rebates i sent most recently, but not the monthly batch before. I.e. rebates received 11/8 were sent out, but not those from Oct. There are no errors listed for Oct. either....guess im emailing.

Well, remember when I said I mailed mine in to the old address, because I was worried about the new 30-day restiction (as opposed to calendar month)? After having nothing show up in the search for my October submissions (my last ones were the Sept ones which showed up Oct 11th) I decided to contact them.

They said that, indeed, all submissions should be forwarded from the AZ to MN addresses. However, all October submissions had been processed and they had no record of mine :bomb:.

So I resubmitted mine to MN a few weeks ago. Then, of course, I had to mail my regular batch of November submissions a few days ago too. I went round-and-round with the customer service person about whether I'd be OK (because my resubmitted ones expired on October AND I was sending in 10 within a week of each other). At first he said all limits would apply, which made it sound like I'd be screwed. FINALLY, he said he'd send a note to someone who actually processes them to allow my 5 from October and November. We'll see, as there is still nothing up there. I really miss the days of Pam - she would have had me fax them (instead of mailing again) and done them as a "customer service resubmit" which would go through even faster than normal.

The 30 day restriction had me so worried that I didn't request any in November and waited until today to get more forms. Now I'll probably just do 5 every OTHER month to make sure they have no excuse to reject them.

What sucks is that all the ones I grabbed in October are all still available - I figured people would be snapping up things like Clubhouse Games, Mario Hoops, Lego Star Wars, etc as fast as New Super Mario disappeared. I guess the CAG effect of posting the PG rebate in a specific deal thread for a game really makes a difference (as Botticus did with the NSMB rebate which disappeared in a day). Anyway, I won't be able to do the every other month thing until Jan/Mar. For Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan I still need to do 5 per month. Hopefully they won't get too strict with the 30 day period thing (eg, reject ones sent on Nov 27th because they got ones from October 31st, technically in the same 30 day window).

Heh, I haven't gotten around to sending in my November submissions. I just need to do it sometime this month as I have ten that expire at the end of January.

That was fast - i emailed when i posted. Guy just wrote back and said he put in a request for the Oct. rebates to be rushed thru the process.

[quote name='Pookymeister']That was fast - i emailed when i posted. Guy just wrote back and said he put in a request for the Oct. rebates to be rushed thru the process.[/QUOTE]

Meh - at least yours are up there. Didn't you say your 11/8 ones were sent? Aren't those October submissions? Do you mean you haven't gotten checks for Sept submissions (received and processed in october)? I haven't either. But as long as they show up as "Processing" with no errors I don't worry about it. It is when they never show up in the rebate inquiry (as my ones mailed Oct 26th or so didn't) that I worry ;).

[quote name='io']Meh - at least yours are up there. Didn't you say your 11/8 ones were sent? Aren't those October submissions? Do you mean you haven't gotten checks for Sept submissions (received and processed in october)? I haven't either. But as long as they show up as "Processing" with no errors I don't worry about it. It is when they never show up in the rebate inquiry (as my ones mailed Oct 26th or so didn't) that I worry ;).[/quote]

Yea, i was referring to the received dates so they were the month prior rebates. My three '11/8 received' rebates were sent today.

My 2 August rebates (received by Pricegrabber on 9/8) are still in the "Required Service Period" as are my 5 September rebates (received on 10/11).

[quote name='cheapfrag']My 2 August rebates (received by Pricegrabber on 9/8) are still in the "Required Service Period" as are my 5 September rebates (received on 10/11).[/QUOTE]

My 5 Sept. ones have exactly the same received date. I think they just process them all at once now and enter them as the same date. My 5 Aug ones also had the same date as yours (9/8). HOWEVER, they mailed me the checks for those on October 4th! So you might want to hit them up about those ones.

Meh, my Oct. ones have been missing for a while if you all got received dates of 11/8. They better accept my resubmissions. I'm pissed off already that I had to re-xerox everything (and dig up the receipts again, etc). So much for their forwarding efforts - wonder how many others they "lost" (all my forms except for the very latest still have the old address so I would imagine most people are mailing them to AZ still).

An update - NOW my October ones are showing with a received date of Nov 21st, which is the day BEFORE I resubmitted them. So either they finally got their forwarded mail and processed them as normal, or they backdated my resubmissions for some reason.

Now, as long as they accept my November ones with no problem (and don't think I tried to submit 15 in one month - the delayed Oct ones, the resubmitted Oct ones, and the 5 Nov ones) then I'll be OK ;).

Wow, they were fast this month - the Nov submissions are up now with a 12/7 received date.

'cept now I have 10 showing for Dec. I'm assuming this includes the 5 resubmissions from October - even though those showed up in late November. I guess my originals DID make it in there, and now they are processing my resubmissions as well. Hmmm... This *could* get interesting - either I'll get double rebates for my 'missing' ones from october or I'll get my November ones voided as it looks like 10 were submitted. We shall see...

I know the "customer service resubmit" ones that some people had to do got paid twice. But these do not say that, they simply say "Mail-in" for method of submission.

Anyways, point is, if you sent in any in November, check now and they should be up as they seem to submit them to the rebate search DB in a big batch.

So I got a question even though I've been doing this for a while. When does the limit start? Is it when they receive it or the postmark date?

Yeah, so they disallowed the duplicate ones due to "Limit one rebate per bonus number". Well, screw them - I asked the guy why mine hadn't shown up and he said to resubmit because all October ones were processed already. Well, they weren't so I went through all the hassle of finding receipts, recopying game inserts, etc, for nothing. Oh well...

And to top it off, one of my new submissions has the following error:
"Our records indicate that your product review was unacceptable".

Has anyone else gotten this? I've done nearly 100 of these and I've never had a problem beyond lost submissions before.

What the hell does this mean? I reviewed it like any other game. In fact, I played this one a bit more than many of the others so it was actually a decent review :lol:.

Edit - Wierd, the review is in my list of product reviews in my account, but when I go to the game itself it shows there are NO user reviews whatsoever. So it must be a glitch with this game where they think I didn't submit a review. I have a support form fired off to PG support - we'll see what they say.

[quote name='io']Yeah, so they disallowed the duplicate ones due to "Limit one rebate per bonus number". Well, screw them - I asked the guy why mine hadn't shown up and he said to resubmit because all October ones were processed already. Well, they weren't so I went through all the hassle of finding receipts, recopying game inserts, etc, for nothing. Oh well...

And to top it off, one of my new submissions has the following error:
"Our records indicate that your product review was unacceptable".

Has anyone else gotten this? I've done nearly 100 of these and I've never had a problem beyond lost submissions before.

What the hell does this mean? I reviewed it like any other game. In fact, I played this one a bit more than many of the others so it was actually a decent review :lol:.[/quote]
I've sent off my first two to the new address and I need to get my reviews done shortly. I'm afraid to ask what picky fuckers are now proofing the reviews, since I've done over 300 of them and never seen that one before. Lovely. :roll:

I forgot about these reviews but if they are going to look at the reviews and see if the reviews are good enough than forget it. I would usually just try to get the minimum word requirement by mentioning what I did and did not like about the game.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I forgot about these reviews but if they are going to look at the reviews and see if the reviews are good enough than forget it. I would usually just try to get the minimum word requirement by mentioning what I did and did not like about the game.[/QUOTE]

I think that is unlikely in my case, as of the 5 I did, this was one of the better ones (in terms of number of words). For this game it doesn't show there are ANY user reviews, so I think it is a glitch. Though it would be better if the error was "no review found" - then I'd know for sure. I'll let you know what they say.

Update - message from support is that my review is now "approved" and it should update on the search page in about 2 weeks. OK, no note about what the issue was though.

So i just requested the form for Destroy All humans 2. I won it in that THQ Destroyallcompetition contest - think my "Congratulations, you won a free copy of DAH2" email will work as a receipt? =]

[quote name='Pookymeister']So i just requested the form for Destroy All humans 2. I won it in that THQ Destroyallcompetition contest - think my "Congratulations, you won a free copy of DAH2" email will work as a receipt? =][/quote]

Just use the packing slip that comes with the game when they ship it. I've heard that has worked, but who knows what going on with them over there.

PS- I just got my checks from my October and November submissions and all of the December submissions are in process (one says did not include a UPC, so I'll probably have to fight with them about that one).

So how long does it tend to take rebates to show up online nowadays? Haven't done any in a few months, just sent in my December submissions two weeks ago.

[quote name='botticus']So how long does it tend to take rebates to show up online nowadays? Haven't done any in a few months, just sent in my December submissions two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

My Nov. ones showed up pretty early in December. But my Dec. ones haven't shown up yet. They will show up for everyone at the same time most likely.

[quote name='io']My Nov. ones showed up pretty early in December. But my Dec. ones haven't shown up yet. They will show up for everyone at the same time most likely.[/quote]
My December ones just showed up.

[quote name='eau']My December ones just showed up.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... So much for my prediction, then (that they would all show up at the same time), because mine haven't yet :lol:. Though, as with the October ones, I worry that that means they got lost. I did send this batch to MN, though, so there shouldn't be a problem. I'll give them another week or two then ping 'em. Of course, last time I thought they were lost I resubmitted them and no sooner than the day after I mailed the new ones the old ones showed up online. Then they got my resubmissions (which I clearly marked as such) and went through all the trouble of mailing me notices that I sent duplicate submissions :roll:.

im all up to date with mine. received all the checks for reviews ive submitted - though i havent sent any in Dec. I have 2 or 3 i have to do that are due before Jan 31 though.

As I haven't had any to send in since last month, I managed to find five to send in. All postmarked before the end of last month, all showing received a few days after being sent out.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting it out.

[quote name='shrike4242']As I haven't had any to send in since last month, I managed to find five to send in. All postmarked before the end of last month, all showing received a few days after being sent out.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting it out.[/QUOTE]

Well, dammit, now they are pissing me off. I mailed mine right after Christmas and they haven't shown up yet. The ones from November showed up with a rec'd date of 12/7.

:bomb: Now I'll have to email them - they'll say they have no record of my rebates. Then I'll resubmit, and they'll put up two sets of submissions - just like last October. But if I take a chance and wait too long they will say it is too late to send them in (as a few expired end of Dec).

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, now they are pissing me off. I mailed mine right after Christmas and they haven't shown up yet. The ones from November showed up with a rec'd date of 12/7.

:bomb: Now I'll have to email them - they'll say they have no record of my rebates. Then I'll resubmit, and they'll put up two sets of submissions - just like last October. But if I take a chance and wait too long they will say it is too late to send them in (as a few expired end of Dec).[/quote]
If you submitted them in the timeframe of when they were live, and they lost them, though now they're invalid, email them and tell them that. I've had them "resurrect" some of the ones I had sent in that I didn't realize they went missing until they never showed up on the website.

I'd send them a nice, lengthy email and tell them what happened.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you submitted them in the timeframe of when they were live, and they lost them, though now they're invalid, email them and tell them that. I've had them "resurrect" some of the ones I had sent in that I didn't realize they went missing until they never showed up on the website.

I'd send them a nice, lengthy email and tell them what happened.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone who submitted in (late) Dec having theirs show up now on the rebate inquiry page? If so, then I'll definitely email them. But normally I would wait as it really hasn't been that long yet. It's just that recently they seemed to process all of them in one batch and put them up for everyone at the same time. It is possible that they aren't doing this for Dec. They'll probably just tell me it hasn't been long enough yet, but maybe I'll ping them just to see.

[quote name='io']Is everyone who submitted in (late) Dec having theirs show up now on the rebate inquiry page? If so, then I'll definitely email them. But normally I would wait as it really hasn't been that long yet. It's just that recently they seemed to process all of them in one batch and put them up for everyone at the same time. It is possible that they aren't doing this for Dec. They'll probably just tell me it hasn't been long enough yet, but maybe I'll ping them just to see.[/quote]Mine are still absent. I think I sent them in the last week of the month.

[quote name='botticus']Mine are still absent. I think I sent them in the last week of the month.[/QUOTE]

OK, well that's good to know. Maybe they are processing them in two batches this time. I'll give it another week or so.

[quote name='eau']I sent mine in the middle of December and it showed up early this week.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, see, I mailed at the very end of Dec. I thought someone here said they mailed end of Dec and they showed up already - was that Shrike? It makes sense if you mailed before Christmas maybe they got processed as a first batch.

[quote name='botticus']Any updates to anyone's December submissions? Mine are still conspicuously absent.[/QUOTE]

We think alike - I was about to post the same thing.

So there's at least two of us - that's good, I suppose... I will probably send an email out in a few days though.

[quote name='io']We think alike - I was about to post the same thing.

So there's at least two of us - that's good, I suppose... I will probably send an email out in a few days though.[/quote]
Three of us, actually. :D

Three submitted around the last week or so in Dec, two in the first week in Jan. All postmarked before Dec 31st, so I'm curious how they'll consider the last two, when I send in more this month.

[quote name='shrike4242']Three of us, actually. :D

Three submitted around the last week or so in Dec, two in the first week in Jan. All postmarked before Dec 31st, so I'm curious how they'll consider the last two, when I send in more this month.[/QUOTE]
Four - my 2 December rebates have not shown up yet.

bread's done
Back