PriceGrabber $5 Rebate Topic w/ Lists Of Eligible Games (Updated 3/2)

Received 6 checks while I was gone on vacation... one is MIA though, which is unfortunate. I will have to ask them to reissue that this week.

Also still waiting for two of the five rebates I sent in last month to show up... first went up on 6/8, then two appeared on 6/13. Hopefully they didn't get lost, but I guess I'll follow up on those when I send them a note about the check.

[quote name='sanjuro']Have you guys ever gotten checks that never showed up on the rebate status page?[/quote]

From another company once - they misspelled my name so never showed up when i searched on it...

[quote name='botticus']Received 6 checks while I was gone on vacation... one is MIA though, which is unfortunate. I will have to ask them to reissue that this week.

Also still waiting for two of the five rebates I sent in last month to show up... first went up on 6/8, then two appeared on 6/13. Hopefully they didn't get lost, but I guess I'll follow up on those when I send them a note about the check.[/QUOTE]

See, I've got ones sent in early May that haven't shown up yet. I thought they weren't doing any updating. If you got some showing 6/8 and 6/13 then that means I had better get on their case about it. Dammit, I like it much better the months that they post stuff within a week of when I mail it (it has happened!).

seems rebates were added for these games

Hitman: Blood Money for Xbox 360 (X360)
Moto GP 2006 for Xbox 360
Konami Gradius Collection for Sony PSP
UbiSoft Ghost Recon Advanced Warfight w/Bonus Dvd for PlayStation 2
Hitman: Blood Money (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (Xbox)
Hitman: Blood Money (Xbox)

[quote name='Zoglog']seems rebates were added for these games

Hitman: Blood Money for Xbox 360 (X360)
Moto GP 2006 for Xbox 360
Konami Gradius Collection for Sony PSP
UbiSoft Ghost Recon Advanced Warfight w/Bonus Dvd for PlayStation 2
Hitman: Blood Money (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (Xbox)
Hitman: Blood Money (Xbox)[/quote]

Awesome thanks! Got one for DDS2 which i just bought from Gamestop.:)

This was probably somewhere in this long thread... and I apologize for not looking..But that means we have to cut out the UPC from the box?? :(

Because that would look pretty tacky, IMO!

[quote name='lilboo']This was probably somewhere in this long thread... and I apologize for not looking..But that means we have to cut out the UPC from the box?? :(

Because that would look pretty tacky, IMO![/QUOTE]

You can just send in a photo copy of the UPC. You don't need to cut it off the box.

[quote name='shipwreck']You can just send in a photo copy of the UPC. You don't need to cut it off the box.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, exactly. I think very few of us would be doing this if it meant cutting the UPC's out :D.

Still no update on my early May submissions. I had one slot left for Sept - snagged a DDS 2 rebate form! Hopefully they won't add any more before July :D.

Luckily I got the last check that was missing from the batch I received last week. So now I'm just waiting on two more rebates to show up online.

Another kinda dumb question: Would a copy of the UPC printed out via UPCdatabase.com work? I don't want to cut the UPC out.. and sometimes time is an issue to get to office max or staples to make copies (and would feel weird..cuz i dont want them thinking im being shady LOL)

So yeah.. would it work????

[quote name='lilboo']Another kinda dumb question: Would a copy of the UPC printed out via UPCdatabase.com work? I don't want to cut the UPC out.. and sometimes time is an issue to get to office max or staples to make copies (and would feel weird..cuz i dont want them thinking im being shady LOL)

So yeah.. would it work????[/quote]

I did it once. For a game that had a FYE rebate that actually needed the UPC so i didn't have it anymore. Worked that time.

[quote name='lilboo']Another kinda dumb question: Would a copy of the UPC printed out via UPCdatabase.com work? I don't want to cut the UPC out.. and sometimes time is an issue to get to office max or staples to make copies (and would feel weird..cuz i dont want them thinking im being shady LOL)

So yeah.. would it work????[/QUOTE]

What I usually do if I have a situation like that is just go to one of the many sites online that have scanned in pictures of the box art. From those, I just crop out the UPC and print it out.

So yeah.. would it work????[/QUOTE]
I usually only use printed out UPCs for games I have that are cart-only, but they certainly work. I usually cut it out and tape it to one of the other pages though, so it doesn't get lost or overlooked.

Are the rebate forms transferable? Like if somone had a form for a game that is now dead on the rebate can they forward it to another person?

About the limit of 5 per month, I just sent out 5 today 2 days before July. It'll get there early July. So would the 5 forms be counted for this month or July?

[quote name='suko_32']About the limit of 5 per month, I just sent out 5 today 2 days before July. It'll get there early July. So would the 5 forms be counted for this month or July?[/QUOTE]

It is the postmark date on the envelope - so they count for June. Also, I make sure to put a note in with my 5 (that I always send the last week of the month) that these are my 5 submissions for June (or whatever). I haven't had any problems yet.

That reminds me, though, I need to write some more reviews, as I mailed the forms a few days ago :D.

[quote name='io']It is the postmark date on the envelope - so they count for June. Also, I make sure to put a note in with my 5 (that I always send the last week of the month) that these are my 5 submissions for June (or whatever). I haven't had any problems yet.

That reminds me, though, I need to write some more reviews, as I mailed the forms a few days ago :D.[/quote] I had a similar situation and they straight out denied my rebates. They don't really look at the postmark date as such. It seems like their system takes the mail in date (as in the rebate status page) instead.

So, if you mail out 5 rebates today (postmarked 6/29) and they don't receive them until early July. Based on that mail-in date in their system, your 5 rebates would count towards July. So you don't want to mail in another rebate until the end of July, making into their system early August.

It shouldn't. I always send mine in the last day of the month, cause I'm a procrastinator. And considering most of the time that would be the expiration date of the rebate, I would get denied if they used the receipt date.

But that's why I always drop them off at the PO if I wait till the last day and ask that they make sure they are postmarked, which I will be doing tomorrow.

[quote name='eau']I had a similar situation and they straight out denied my rebates. They don't really look at the postmark date as such. It seems like their system takes the mail in date (as in the rebate status page) instead.

So, if you mail out 5 rebates today (postmarked 6/29) and they don't receive them until early July. Based on that mail-in date in their system, your 5 rebates would count towards July. So you don't want to mail in another rebate until the end of July, making into their system early August.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... If that is the case then they are ignoring the due dates on the form. I usually don't send at least some of my 5 until the very last week they are due (out of the entire 3 months) - in May, in fact, all 5 of the ones I sent had to be postmarked by May 31st. They finally (just) showed up on the search page as received June 14th. If they treated those as June submissions they should have rejected them since they needed to be in by end of May. So I assumed they counted them for May.

By the way, I want to call out all the bastards (and I'm sure many are CAG's) who keep hogging the forms and then not filling them out. Now Pac N Roll is gone, and I was going to get it 1st of July. 4 months from now we will see a pathetic 10-12 reviews there out of the 50 forms downloaded. :bomb:

Here are some examples in which I'm pretty sure all 50 were downloaded but underfilled (this is different than the gigantic batch of PS2 forms that all disappeared on May 31st - those were obviously pulled early as it included many old games that hadn't gotten reviews in ages):

Shadow of the Colossus: pretty sure we're 3 months out from this being used up, and there are a whopping 18 reviews (better than most, actually)

Lego Star Wars: 11 reviews (though maybe this was one of the ones that got pulled in May)

Mario Power Tennis: 16 reviews

PSP Ridge Racer: 13 (!) reviews

Wipeout Pure: 15 reviews

and on it goes... :shame:

Apparently I save about a dollar by putting all 5 rebates into a manila envelope as most people have been doing, rather than 5 separate envelopes. Go me :D

Bonus of that is they postmark it when they apply the postage so that eliminates another problem.

Now I just need to wait 2 more weeks for 2 of my last 5 to not show up so they'll let me resubmit them.

[quote name='io']It is the postmark date on the envelope - so they count for June. Also, I make sure to put a note in with my 5 (that I always send the last week of the month) that these are my 5 submissions for June (or whatever). I haven't had any problems yet.

That reminds me, though, I need to write some more reviews, as I mailed the forms a few days ago :D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer io!

Wow, some wierd stuff going on at PG. It took a long while for my May submissions to show up in the rebate search (mailed 3rd week of May, just showed up 2 days ago, like June 28th, as being received June 14th). Today I got the emails saying they are processed and my check should be mailed soon! That was the quickest turnaround between "processing" and "check approved" I've ever seen - the "required service period" was a few days :rofl:.

Can anyone provide me a scan of the UPC for XBOX Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Collector Ed? I bought the game used w/o the box. Thanks.

Dumb fuckers haven't processed 10 rebates going back to January and February, so they received a nastygram for that.

They're also behind on rebates submitted at the end of April, and haven't done much with the ones received a month ago.

Total, I'm waiting on 19 rebates to get processed/completed. fuckers.

[quote name='shrike4242']Dumb fuckers haven't processed 10 rebates going back to January and February, so they received a nastygram for that.

They're also behind on rebates submitted at the end of April, and haven't done much with the ones received a month ago.

Total, I'm waiting on 19 rebates to get processed/completed. fuckers.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty awful. I got my last two checks approved, just waiting for mailing. But no word on the 5 I just mailed and two from the previous month are still MIA, looking like a resubmit will be required.

Yea - my june submissions are all not on the website yet - sent 3 weeks ago. I received every check up to and including May's though, so can't really complain.

[quote name='botticus']That's pretty awful. I got my last two checks approved, just waiting for mailing. But no word on the 5 I just mailed and two from the previous month are still MIA, looking like a resubmit will be required.[/quote]
They approved the 19 ones outstanding, and gave me an earful about missing reviews, which is always their issue. :roll: Funny how all of them had reviews when they started to process them. :roll:

Since I only have three in the queue to be sent out, and two of them I'm not likely to fulfill, because I won't be getting the items in question, looks like the last big push for them for a while for me is done. Woot.

Is there any way this list could get updated? I got all excited for Metroid Prime Hunters, Trauma Center, and Meteos and none of them still have the rebate offered. I sent in one for Kirby Canvas Curse though :)

[quote name='shrike4242']They approved the 19 ones outstanding, and gave me an earful about missing reviews, which is always their issue. :roll: Funny how all of them had reviews when they started to process them. :roll:
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm not sure how reviews disappear the way they do. Gives me something to blame for the occasional forgotten review though.

That's funny, I sent in five rebates in the beginning of May in the same envelope. The check for one of them was sent out today, the other four haven't even showed up on the site.

I wanna kick myself. The last batch of 5 I sent....I forgot to include a copy of the receip. ARRGRGRGR. Oh well, I'll just consider this a lesson.

Is this just another slow period for Pricegrabber? I send in 5 rebates at the very end of June and they have yet to show up on their tracking site.

Same here, probably nothing to worry in that case.

Need to get my lazy ass moving to write my reviews before they receive my stuff from this month. And I still need to resubmit two from May.

[quote name='suko_32']I wanna kick myself. The last batch of 5 I sent....I forgot to include a copy of the receip. ARRGRGRGR. Oh well, I'll just consider this a lesson.[/quote]
You can fax them a copy of it, if you send them an email about it.

And my batch of 19 outstanding ones, they're all done, so they're caught up. I just have one that terminates in August, so unless they've posted some new ones, looks like it's a dry spell after all.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Is this just another slow period for Pricegrabber? I send in 5 rebates at the very end of June and they have yet to show up on their tracking site.[/QUOTE]

My ones from the end of June (probably mailed within a day or two of the end of the month) showed up last week as being received July 11th. But only 4 of the 5 showed up. To those of you who have that happen, get on them ASAP because it probably means they screwed up your address. After a few emails they said the address was wrong on the 5th one and they have fixed it but for some reason it takes a while to reflect that in the rebate search. They REALLY hosed it up too - pretty much scrambled the 4 numbers of my street address so it wasn't anywhere close to correct.

So they weren't as slow with this set as they have been with others - keep checking. While they tend to process things in batches, I know in the past some people's will get processed much faster than others.

Shrike - I've learned from your troubles and for the last 6 months or so I've kept a copy of every one of my reviews in a Word document. If I ever need to recreate them it will be easy. So far, except for the occasional address screwup, I've had no problems.

I've still got a full pipeline of reviews for the next 3+ months. I saved a couple of slots for end of November in case they spring a bunch of DS/PSP games on us like they did a few months back. I missed out on a few of those because I didn't have enough slots left. But looking long-term, I'm going to run out by the end of the year. I'm down to obscure GBA titles mostly, now.

[quote name='io']Shrike - I've learned from your troubles and for the last 6 months or so I've kept a copy of every one of my reviews in a Word document. If I ever need to recreate them it will be easy. So far, except for the occasional address screwup, I've had no problems.

I've still got a full pipeline of reviews for the next 3+ months. I saved a couple of slots for end of November in case they spring a bunch of DS/PSP games on us like they did a few months back. I missed out on a few of those because I didn't have enough slots left. But looking long-term, I'm going to run out by the end of the year. I'm down to obscure GBA titles mostly, now.[/quote]
They ended up giving me the "you shouldn't submit rebates without reviews" like I was a 5 year old forgetting to brush my teeth speech. :shock: Even though I told them I did all my reviews, they seemed to have "forgotten" them.

At this point, I'm going to have to run through some random searches for stuff I've bought recently and see if they match up at all. So far, no dice.

Has anyone else had the rebates they mailed at the end of June show up besides io? Still nothing for me.

Figures as soon as I start saving postage by mailing them all in manila envelopes, they start losing all of them. Still have two from May that I need to fax back in.

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone else had the rebates they mailed at the end of June show up besides io? Still nothing for me.

Figures as soon as I start saving postage by mailing them all in manila envelopes, they start losing all of them. Still have two from May that I need to fax back in.[/QUOTE]

4 of my 5 showed up. A few emails later and they found that my 5th had a scrambled address. The wierd thing is they fixed that one and it now shows up and as a "customer service resubmit" the check has already shipped! Yet the other 4 that they got correct are still in the "processing" stage. Of course, my 5 from the end of July still haven't shown up yet :lol:.

Edit - Wierd, no sooner than 5 minutes after I made this post I get 5 email confirmations from PG saying my checks (from the June submissions) are on the way.

[quote name='io']4 of my 5 showed up. A few emails later and they found that my 5th had a scrambled address. The wierd thing is they fixed that one and it now shows up and as a "customer service resubmit" the check has already shipped! Yet the other 4 that they got correct are still in the "processing" stage. Of course, my 5 from the end of July still haven't shown up yet :lol:.

Edit - Wierd, no sooner than 5 minutes after I made this post I get 5 email confirmations from PG saying my checks (from the June submissions) are on the way.[/quote] Yeah, their CS resubmit stuff processes in about a day, it's obnoxious.

Unfortunately, the only access I have to a fax machine or scanner is at work, and I hate using them for personal items, so it's a pain if they lose these things, which they may be on their way to doing for the 3rd-7th time. Well.. plus 1 from November, though I never got around to that one. I might just resub that one too if I can find the receipt; would be amusing if it processed 9 months later.

Just got e-mails saying that the ones they received in June (so my May submissions) are having the checks sent out finally. The ones I submitted at the end of June are in the processing stage. Yay money!

Yea, just got 5 emails myself. I thought i only sent in 4 games since only 4 showed up on status page, but i guess it was five, since one email had a misspelling of my last name. Yay for surprise money.

i think i have about 4 to send in this month then im out of games to review =]

My rebates from the end of June still haven't shown up yet... Just about the time I start to worry though, they usually show up. *keeping fingers crossed*

bread's done
Back