Primetime - 1 vs. 100 - US Beta Going On Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MSUHitman']What is the deal with all of the people with zero-100 gamerscore being The One? Are these extended play sessions actually worth bothering with? Are these just random game developers/MS employees getting to be The One?[/QUOTE]
I doubt that they're plants or they would probably do a bit better than missing the first question or using a help on the first few questions.

With ~110k in attendance, your chances of being picked for The One or The Mob are pretty slim. If there were say 15 games played during the two hour session with 110,000 people around, you'd have a 1.3% chance of being picked for either. I'm not sure how much playing in the extended play episodes at all helps, but the canned Chris speech mentions that it does help make it easier for you to get picked. I'd like to see the stats of the people that get picked, as far as how much of 1 vs 100 they've played, so we could see how much they play 1 vs 100 to be picked at all and if it's just luck or not.

i was fucking pissed when i never got picked. i racked up 2 million+ points in four extended play nights and one live show last week and i didn't have my chances increase for crap. I got my 500 questions right thursday, so what is the point now?

So what do they plan on giving out for winning on this thing? I thought I had heard at one time MS points.

[quote name='sendme']So what do they plan on giving out for winning on this thing? I thought I had heard at one time MS points.[/QUOTE]
Points and XBLA games, but that won't happen until the first season starts.

[quote name='Manatee']i was fucking pissed when i never got picked. i racked up 2 million+ points in four extended play nights and one live show last week and i didn't have my chances increase for crap. I got my 500 questions right thursday, so what is the point now?[/QUOTE]

Yea... Score doesn't get factored into your mob chances. I'm sitting shy of 3 million so it makes me sad =(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I doubt that they're plants or they would probably do a bit better than missing the first question or using a help on the first few questions.

With ~110k in attendance, your chances of being picked for The One or The Mob are pretty slim. If there were say 15 games played during the two hour session with 110,000 people around, you'd have a 1.3% chance of being picked for either. I'm not sure how much playing in the extended play episodes at all helps, but the canned Chris speech mentions that it does help make it easier for you to get picked. I'd like to see the stats of the people that get picked, as far as how much of 1 vs 100 they've played, so we could see how much they play 1 vs 100 to be picked at all and if it's just luck or not.[/QUOTE]

I thought about this too. Considering that canned Chris states that your chances to be picked for the one or the mob are based on your lifetime score (which is influenced by your extended play sessions, your speed, and your accuracy), I have a hard time believing that anybody with a gamerscore from 0-400 plays their 360 enough to meet any of that criteria. Much less, somebody who has to use a help on the very first question.

The other question I have is how frequently you can be picked for the one or the mob. As the weeks go by, the "super nerds" who play every extended play session and dominate the live shows are going to separate themselves from the "normal people". This would lead you to believe that this elite group of people will get to be in the mob all the time, or be chosen as the one. I really enjoy the live shows, but I've played a fair amount and have a score of about 1,023,000...and I've never gotten out of the crowd. Last I checked, the top scorer had surpassed 4,000,000. How the hell are "regular people" going to even have a chance in this game?

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Yea... Score doesn't get factored into your mob chances. I'm sitting shy of 3 million so it makes me sad =([/QUOTE]

I heard the Live announcer say that the higher lifetime score you have, the better chance you have of partaking a spot in the mob or the one themself. Of course it doesn't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure I heard him say it increases your chances.

They reset the "advantage" you get from the Extended Play shows every week, so you'd have to be consistently be playing every single show and have great luck to appear in the 101 that are picked each time all that often. I can't imagine that the bump in chances is all that great to overcome 100,000 others that are also in the mix for The One or The Mob.

I always see multiple people who answer every question, or close to it, instantly and correctly. They're fucking robots, I tell you.

On a side note, old episodes of 1 vs. 100 were on the Game Show Network today. I recorded one so I could see what the real show was like.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They reset the "advantage" you get from the Extended Play shows every week, so you'd have to be consistently be playing every single show and have great luck to appear in the 101 that are picked each time all that often. I can't imagine that the bump in chances is all that great to overcome 100,000 others that are also in the mix for The One or The Mob.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']I always see multiple people who answer every question, or close to it, instantly and correctly. They're fucking robots, I tell you.

On a side note, old episodes of 1 vs. 100 were on the Game Show Network today. I recorded one so I could see what the real show was like.[/QUOTE]

That's what frightens me. As much as I enjoy the show, in its simplest terms, it's basically "Miss a question and you die!". Once you miss a single question, you're most likely done for the night. It's still a great time to be had playing with friends and making fun of the questions/answers ("overly horny" anybody? haha). But from a competitive standpoint, this game is more brutal than Halo.

Hell, you don't even have to miss. Hesitate to answer, or use a skip, and you'll fall 10-20,000 points behind. Happened to me when I didn't get a single wrong answer in the first 17 questions one night. I used 2 skips and didn't answer immediately on all questions, and I dropped from 10th place to 70-something quickly.

You playing in a half hour, Nate? I'm going to try to get in on that since I missed last night's session. If you're playing, we should party up.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hell, you don't even have to miss. Hesitate to answer, or use a skip, and you'll fall 10-20,000 points behind. Happened to me when I didn't get a single wrong answer in the first 17 questions one night. I used 2 skips and didn't answer immediately on all questions, and I dropped from 10th place to 70-something quickly.

You playing in a half hour, Nate? I'm going to try to get in on that since I missed last night's session. If you're playing, we should party up.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about it. I've been trying to work on some music stuff, but I'm just blocked for whatever reason. Maybe some more questions about overly horny velvet ants will get the juices flowing. Wait, no...eww.

[quote name='Kevlar281']Knock You Up...ughhh. I got trigger happy. :cry:[/QUOTE]

As did I! Has there been any info on how large each room is? I'm curious what the actual odds are to make it into the mob. Not that I have played 1v100 alot but, if there's going to be some sort of dedication on the users part to gain points each week in extended play in order to get a halfway descent chance in making it into the mob, than I'm not sure I'll be down paying for the seasons if I'm always going to be in the crowd. Unless you can win prizes from the crowd.

this whole game is getting pretty stupid imo. they should just release it as a xbla game with 101 players in each room so you can actually play in the mob or the one. its a fun game, but its pretty useless if youre just in the crowd.

I got in the mob tonight for that last round. I survived and a popup appeared saying I won an XBLA game. Which I know I won't get, but I'm going to enjoy this moment.

I got kicked out the first 2 two rounds. I got my first 2 questions right then was kicked out and when I got back in it was on atleast the next question. If I picked x on the question that I got kicked out on it would take that for the answer for the one I came back in and I would get it wrong unless it was x. It would be nice to get in the mob when the game comes out. The crowd does not win anything or wont when the game does come out will they?

getting into mob is imposible, was a player in my group with well over 2,000,000 crowd points liftime and never made the mob yet. playing tonight i missed the last question on one round and was almost 5,000 behind leader how the hell is that posible. like the idea still just think the cheaters will with the insane perfect scores will get the mob and one spots while rest of us get nothing

[quote name='nnthomas']I survived and a popup appeared saying I won an XBLA game. Which I know I won't get, but I'm going to enjoy this moment.[/QUOTE]

I never make it to the mob but I always have those pop up on my screen

[quote name='decrot']this whole game is getting pretty stupid imo. they should just release it as a xbla game with 101 players in each room so you can actually play in the mob or the one. its a fun game, but its pretty useless if youre just in the crowd.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This was my third night of playing this and it is getting kind of boring. You can use process of elimination on all the questions as the other answers are blantly obvious wrong. It would be better if they actually put in other choices that would confuse you.

I still wonder how some of these people put in their answers that fast.

I have yet to get into the 101 but I think you have to be a person that misses a bunch in order to get into the Mob since it seems they miss some of the dumbest questions i.e. the earth makes a rotation is how many?. It seems some people are lucky since the Conan O'Brien looking avatar guy got to play the 1 and on the Mob.

I did find it funny that "the brain" on one of the saves guessed "that mclovin guy". One of those blantly wrong answers.

[quote name='nnthomas']You get the thing below your name? Are you the top 3 scorer then?[/QUOTE]

nope. I would be surprised if it wasn't a glitch though.

What I found ironic was the fact that last night, the host read an email from somebody saying that one of the people chosen to be "the one" looked like Conan O'Brien, and then tonight, there were several who looked like Conan. I'm really not buying the "the more you play, the better your chances for getting picked" line. There's just far too many stupid or casual (gamerscore wise) players being selected.

Oh, and one more thing...fuck that mutantdog guy for always being at the top of the list! Nerdy Canadian asshole, lol

[quote name='n8rockerasu']What I found ironic was the fact that last night, the host read an email from somebody saying that one of the people chosen to be "the one" looked like Conan O'Brien, and then tonight, there were several who looked like Conan. I'm really not buying the "the more you play, the better your chances for getting picked" line. There's just far too many stupid or casual (gamerscore wise) players being selected.

Oh, and one more thing...fuck that mutantdog guy for always being at the top of the list! Nerdy Canadian asshole, lol[/QUOTE]

There is either some kind of cheat or this game is rigged right now. The top leaderboards always gets a boost to put them beyond a realistic score. One game yesterday I didnt miss one question and had an average of under 1 second per answer. Im not saying that should get me top 10, but I was like 200 points behind the top 10 when the last question came up. After that question came up I wait for the updated results to see if I somehow finally made it, then I see that I am now 5000 points behind them. They are giving/getting some kind of bonus.

Even though I didn't play yesterday's episode, I've played the others, and this one is the worst, in terms of quality and the questions asked. Chris Cashman was disconnected at least 3 times. It was just pretty crappy.

I still like the whole thing in general though. And all the stuff next week seems awesome.

Finally got to try this tonight, just happened to see that it was on while I was playing Gears 2, and honestly I had a lot of fun with it. The best part though had to have been the host ripping this "The One" guy apart for choosing the Money over the Mob when there where only 4 people left. Apparently not many/nobody has beaten the mob yet, and if he had continued on he would have been first.

someone went all the way in a show last friday forget the name though. host made good point you get nothing for this why not try to beat the mod

[quote name='sublime90']i wish i could play but i cant because i live in CT and CT sucks balls and ass and wont let me play.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='DestroVega']what the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

CT is on the list of states that aren't allowed to play and win "skill-based prizes" along with IA, MD, VT and Quebec.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/rules.htm

You can play now in the Beta because it's a sweepstakes and not "skill-based prizes" but once the real game starts, we technically won't be allowed to play. Now whether they'll actually block us from playing or just say we can't play is yet to be seen.

I played for a bit last night.
I can't tell if I was in the mob or in the audience.. :lol: If you're in the audience, can you still play?

I only played like 3 rounds..and not familiar with the show.

[quote name='spree4567']CT is on the list of states that aren't allowed to play and win "skill-based prizes" along with IA, MD, VT and Quebec.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/rules.htm

You can play now in the Beta because it's a sweepstakes and not "skill-based prizes" but once the real game starts, we technically won't be allowed to play. Now whether they'll actually block us from playing or just say we can't play is yet to be seen.[/QUOTE]

no way... I can't imagine that actually happening. I'd like to know now though because I'll stop wasting my time if I can't even play the thing when it's for real.

[quote name='lilboo']I played for a bit last night.
I can't tell if I was in the mob or in the audience.. :lol: If you're in the audience, can you still play?

I only played like 3 rounds..and not familiar with the show.[/QUOTE]
It tells you if you're in the crowd, mod, or the one before every game. You can still play if if you're in the audience, and it's almost no different than being the one or the mob, because you don't win anything right now. (Beta)

[quote name='Aku']Finally got to try this tonight, just happened to see that it was on while I was playing Gears 2, and honestly I had a lot of fun with it. The best part though had to have been the host ripping this "The One" guy apart for choosing the Money over the Mob when there where only 4 people left. Apparently not many/nobody has beaten the mob yet, and if he had continued on he would have been first.[/QUOTE]

Mutant Dog 123 beat the mob on the first episode but he's from Canada. No American has done it yet.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']There's a time and streak bonus, and it does make a difference.[/QUOTE]

I didnt miss any questions, and my answer speed was under 1 second. I wasnt saying I should be in the top 10, but how did they get 5000 points more then I did off the last question?

[quote name='ohboy10451']when will the game officially release? Fall 2009?[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw for 12/30/09 they were going to have a game of it and it said nothing about beta. So maybe then. If not I don't know. It would be nice if you had a better chance of being in the mob when the game does come out. Seems like it is the same people in it.

Hey guys, so you need to be a gold member to play this. Am I able to play the beta if I have a one month live gold card? Do I have to download something?

It sounds really fun.

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Hey guys, so you need to be a gold member to play this. Am I able to play the beta if I have a one month live gold card? Do I have to download something?

It sounds really fun.[/QUOTE]

You can't with 48 hour trials, but I'm pretty sure you can play with a 1 month. Also, there's a download before every show, I believe. It doesn't require you to do anything other than go to the game and select play. It's a stealth DL.

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Hey guys, so you need to be a gold member to play this. Am I able to play the beta if I have a one month live gold card? Do I have to download something?

It sounds really fun.[/QUOTE]
for sure you are. 1 month is gold

[quote name='DestroVega']no way... I can't imagine that actually happening. I'd like to know now though because I'll stop wasting my time if I can't even play the thing when it's for real.[/QUOTE]

That would be complete bullshit. You were besting the rest of us in the group most of last night, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back