Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I'll try and get around to that. I've just been keeping up with the madness of Decay and the Hardyz as far as TNA is concerned. Has Bobby Lashley improved at all since being on WWE?

And "classic" TNA on WWE Network? I Can live with that.
IMO, Lashley has shown a lot of improvement in cutting promos. He's been doing them regularly and doing them well. I think his ring work is solid as well (then again, I always thought it was). Let's say it's much more refined than it used to be,

Never forget. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loIYBd1k3kU

.jpg

Lashley is excellent right now.

Rumors now say that WWE is likely going to purchase the TNA library, while Billy Corgan will take over as majority owner. He will rebrand the company and start fresh it seems. This is the best of both outcomes if it turns out to be true. TNA library on the WWE Network, and we dont lose a promotion to watch on tv.
If this is true (I don't think it is, imo), and if WWE did purchase the TNA library (and not the company), they would sit on the library for 10+ years, or else they'd effectively be putting over TNA (or whatever it will be rebranded as).

It would make no sense to put it up on the Network now from a strategic standpoint, but it would make sense to want to purchase it now while it's still cheap.

Last edited:
There is stuff they could use now that would promote former TNA talents that have ended up in WWE: Styles, Sting, Joe, Christian, Roode, Aries, etc.

It would also allow them to finally put out a Kurt Angle career retrospective before he returns at the Royal Rumble. 

Good point, and I agree.

Still, I don't think they'd put a TNA section on their network.  It's a promotion they've never even acknowledged, so it would be kind of strange to suddenly see TNA added to the In-Ring section.

I wouldnt expect it to show up on the Network immediately. If WWE did buy the library then their opinion on TNA will change. They have acknowledged TNA several times in the past year on their programming. The fact is if the people in charge believe that having early NWA-TNA will get people to subscribe then they will add it.

IMO, Lashley has shown a lot of improvement in cutting promos. He's been doing them regularly and doing them well. I think his ring work is solid as well (then again, I always thought it was). Let's say it's much more refined than it used to be,

Lashley is excellent right now.

If this is true (I don't think it is, imo), and if WWE did purchase the TNA library (and not the company), they would sit on the library for 10+ years, or else they'd effectively be putting over TNA (or whatever it will be rebranded as).

It would make no sense to put it up on the Network now from a strategic standpoint, but it would make sense to want to purchase it now while it's still cheap.
I Was kinda hoping for something more negative because there's too much wrestling right now. Like more than ever. Though I'll try and make time for it. I Figure I should give TNA another full shot since goddamn I love the madness of the Hardyz stuff right now. I Mean, Jeff Hardy/Brother Nero trained for his fight with Decay by fighting a kangaroo. I Gotta give this company something.

They have acknowledged TNA several times in the past year on their programming.
Uh... When?

"(So-and-So) has wrestled all over the world!" isn't a TNA acknowledgement...

Last edited:
Uh... When?

"(So-and-So) has wrestled all over the world!" isn't a TNA acknowledgement...
Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack made reference to AJ being TNA champion and I think there was another instance, but I can't remember it, but that company has been brought up on a WWE show.

Also on Edge and Christian's show. Before AJ it was forbidden, not a peep about where Joe had been.

Guys I'm fucking terrified right now. I have no idea how long the power will last and am hoping that everything stays in one piece. They're saying 100mph sustained tomorrow and all we can do is wait.

Also on Edge and Christian's show. Before AJ it was forbidden, not a peep about where Joe had been.

Guys I'm fucking terrified right now. I have no idea how long the power will last and am hoping that everything stays in one piece. They're saying 100mph sustained tomorrow and all we can do is wait.
Yeesh, good luck there, man. I Hope like alot of weather reports it's just overblown, but regardless stay safe.

Vince probably wanted to have Joe's history be, "Samoa Joe huh,,, is he called that because he looks like he's been eating Samoan Girl Scout cookies since he was in the womb? Yuk yuk yuk!"

https://www.facebook.com/CHIKARAPRO/videos/1085890938146618/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

We have some great incentives included with this campaign; we're getting closer, but we need to fully fund this. Why?

If we do, Joey Styles will provide commentary for the game. Be sure to check out the video so you can see what Chikara: Action Arcade Wrestling is offering!
The game looks very promising but I cannot handle Styles on commentary. The whole pressing grapple and strike to run sounds like a nightmare, moreso pressing up and grapple AND stike to do a strong stike. Um...why?

Yay for Paige and her second wellness violation. 60 days.

I stupidly pre-ordered the NXT Edition of 2K17, pick it up tonight. Fingers crossed it doesn't suck for like the 5th year in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJ Perkins is annoying.  Needs to be a heel.

Last edited:
The game looks very promising but I cannot handle Styles on commentary. The whole pressing grapple and strike to run sounds like a nightmare, moreso pressing up and grapple AND stike to do a strong stike. Um...why?

Yay for Paige and her second wellness violation. 60 days.

I stupidly pre-ordered the NXT Edition of 2K17, pick it up tonight. Fingers crossed it doesn't suck for like the 5th year in a row.
I'm not the developer, so I can't speak to the rationale. It should play very similarly to the AAW games which are on the XBLA, if you've any experience with those.

You can always cancel a preorder if you're really questioning your decision. If it does suck for the fifth year in a row, the publishers aren't going to learn their lesson if people who hate the game still buy it. Personally, I've been thinking about it, but probably won't get it right away. Just don't have the time for a new game right now; plenty of RPGs to finish.

My favorite wrestling news this weekend has been Kota Ibushi making his unofficial return to NJPW as Tiger Mask to help market the anime of the same name (which is a fun watch and has abunch of NJPW wrestlers playing themselves).

4e01fbfb3d339d8475f469a62c8ad50b1476114159_full.jpg

This Smackdown has been pretty good - better than No Mercy.  I especially love
the entire matches shown with commercial breaks on the side

So you can see if he'll nearly fuck up his neck in the Styles Clash like he did on Smackdown?

Seriously, that was frightening, but it also goes to show how good Styles is that he caught Ellesworth tucking his chin against his chest and Styles adjusted accordingly by sticking his right leg out and was able to pull off the move without seriously injuring him.

Hideo was injured at a live event on a slam by Riddick Moss. The dream team of Hideo and Kota is off. I wonder if Ibushi gets a new partner for the tapings Thursday.

Hideo was injured at a live event on a slam by Riddick Moss. The dream team of Hideo and Kota is off. I wonder if Ibushi gets a new partner for the tapings Thursday.
I feel so bad for Hideo, he cannot catch a break. I really really hope they just move him up to the main roster when/if he returns. Maybe a Rumble entrant?

Btw, for those interested, there is a video of the incident online. But be aware it is reeeally nasty looking.

FUUUUUCK he just got back from an injury and was working a program with Austin Aries. When/if he comes back just send him straight to the main roster and stop putting him in nothing NXT matches with these green-as-goose shit rookies.

FUUUUUCK he just got back from an injury and was working a program with Austin Aries. When/if he comes back just send him straight to the main roster and stop putting him in nothing NXT matches with these green-as-goose shit rookies.
Agreed. He's paid his dues. Just put him on Smackdown after he goes to Japan with NXT.

I'm not even going to watch that Hideo clip. Seriously just feel bad for the guy after making his Wrestlemania debut a few years back at the Andre the Giant battle royale and how happy he was with that and then that injury and now another, seriously? I've loved his work since I first saw him in Ring of Honor and eventhough I'm not a fan of his NXT work, the guy just seems to get the worst luck,

And in anycase, in other wrestling news. Billy Corgan is suing TNA now and I guess the information as to for what and why is being kept under wraps.

Just met Asuka's opponent at King of Trios this year; exceptionally kind person and a really good opponent for Asuka. WWE brought up so much talent from NXT that they have to do a lot of rebuilding on the roster; I'm not sure anyone is ready (in the eyes of the public, I mean) to take on Asuka. This makes perfect sense.

And in anycase, in other wrestling news. Billy Corgan is suing TNA now and I guess the information as to for what and why is being kept under wraps.
He is suing Dixie Carter and not TNA. She owes him money personally according to the internet sites. She needs to just sell the company already before nobody wants to buy it.

I've read that the original plans were for Trish Stratus instead of her named opponent. To be quite honest I'm much happier with the latter. 

Ibushi is now teaming with Perkins. Nice.

I'm sure I could care less about Bill and Brock's Shitty Adventure, and I'm also sure they'll find a way. Just like Summerslam, I'll turn it off.
I'm having a hard time understanding the logic of the match is my thing. Last time they met in WWE, they were booed out of the building.

But now that they're older and less athletic... yay?

The only renewed rivalry we want to see Brock involved in is with Kurt Angle. Hopefully when he returns at the Royal Rumble he'll toss Brock out and start a feud toward a WrestleMania match.

I'm having a hard time understanding the logic of the match is my thing. Last time they met in WWE, they were booed out of the building.

But now that they're older and less athletic... yay?
Lesnar is "less athletic" is still 100 times the athlete of most people in a hundred mile radius of any of us. We don't have to like every feud, but let's not delve into hyperbole.

The logic is that they are both monsters and legends, still physically capable of putting on a match. They have "unfinished business," and they were booed not because the crowd hated the performers, but because the crowd felt betrayed - both of them were leaving. This is akin to Taz being booed in ECW with "you sold out" chants. They're booing because of loyalty to the promotion, not because of hatred for the performers. Very, very different things.

The only renewed rivalry we want to see Brock involved in is with Kurt Angle. Hopefully when he returns at the Royal Rumble he'll toss Brock out and start a feud toward a WrestleMania match.
Speak for yourself. Goldberg is almost 50 and in better shape than virtually all of us. Is he going to have a technical match? Nope. Nobody watches Lesnar to see chain wrestling; they watch to see a good old ass-kicking. That's what this match, hopefully, does deliver.

I've been watching very limited wrestling lately, but from the YouTube clips I've seen, Rusev's promo work has been fucking priceless (ie. hilarious as fuck) as of late.

Uh oh. He muffed up the name of the video game.

Now he's hugging and kissing all these kids who have no fucking clue who he is.

Uh oh. He muffed up the name of the video game.

Now he's hugging and kissing all these kids who have no fucking clue who he is.
He kissed so many kids. Like, not even toddlers where I guess it's supposed to be cute, just some grown ass kids getting old sweaty man kisses. Traumatizing.

Also anyone catch that amazing 'Member Berries poster that said "Member Goldberg?" they accidentally zoomed in on for a brief second?

I expected Raw to be shit filler before the go-home next week and I wasn't wrong. Opening segment, New Day intro, and the cruiserweights are the only things I watched fully.

bread's done
Back