Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Both semi-finals, yeah. Also, I couldn't have been any worse in my predictions along the way. :)
We were talking about it before the show started, apparently Sabre and Ibushi turned down deals yesterday which meant we figured how the night was going to go.

There's probably some good time to make money on the indies right now, using CWC as a leverage point for what you can earn.

Good for them making choices that they think best.

I love ZSJ to bits, but I gotta admit there doesn't really seem to be a place for him in WWE right now. Probably a smart move on his part career-wise.

Almost forgot that we have tickets for NXT tonight, pretty pumped to hopefully see Shinsuke work a "small" show. Night after a taping usually brings out a fair number of big guns, maybe even Cedric?

I love ZSJ to bits, but I gotta admit there doesn't really seem to be a place for him in WWE right now. Probably a smart move on his part career-wise.
If only for selfish reasons, this means we may get to see him again at the Wrestle Factory in the near future (n.b., that's just me speculating).

He did come in as a surprise a few weeks back and had a banger of a match vs DUSTIN (nee Chuck Taylor).

Last edited by a moderator:
The CWC finals were incredible. I had a feeling Ibushi or ZSJ wouldn't win after I heard they hadn't signed deals with WWE, but I'm not sore about it since it makes sense you wanna crown one of the guys who's gonna be there Monday. Congrats to TJ Perkins for going all the way. I hope that kid goes far in WWE.

Also, that new Curiserweight belt looks awesome. Thankfully it's not another palette swap of the WWE title, plus purple is my favorite color, so that helps as well.

Didn't realize NXT was also running in Iowa, so we had a smaller-name crew. Oney and Blake had an awesome match before intermission, and a damn good main event of Andrade and Cedric. Crowd was happy for both, a large "both these guys" chant to start the main event, which they seemed a bit surprised but appreciative. Almas eventually went heel and took the loss.

Wow, a main event without bullshit. And a pretty good show overall minus mega tag match. "Machka something!"
I Don't know, Roman Reigns (you know the guy who got suspended a month ago or so now) going clean over the goddamn champion screams bullshit to me.

I Don't know, Roman Reigns (you know the guy who got suspended a month ago or so now) going clean over the goddamn champion screams bullshit to me.
Both escaping the cage moments apart isn't very damaging imo. Makes it seem like Owens and Rusev retain if we're going by opposite momentum theory.

Both escaping the cage moments apart isn't very damaging imo. Makes it seem like Owens and Rusev retain if we're going by opposite momentum theory.
I Think my problem with Roman getting the win (besides the wellness violation that merely gave him a month vacation) is the man who is barely putting over his US title match at Night of Champions against Rusev is somehow able to beat the world champion AND kick out of his finisher no less. I Know in the long scheme of things it doesn't matter, but it's still frustrating and makes me want to boo that man all the more.

Damn, really enjoying Smackdown taking their time with the American Alpha and Uso feud especially after this last Tuesday. Though as it stands kinda doesn't bode well for Beauty and the Man Beast having a long title run.

My reaction to Rusev-Roman Reigns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nhjppiu-q4

And for that matter, the end to Cesaro-Sheamus Match 7.

I snap turned off the ppv when Cesaro landed on his head.  I legit thought his career just ended.

Turned it back on a few minutes later, and he was back at it wrestling his ass off!  Dude's a machine!

Fell asleep during Rusev match.

Last edited:
Cruiserweight match delivered. I like TJP's new theme, don't understand the titantron.
Then you've never truly played with power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6KOlC393lo

And for everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1MNxFe4_c

Honestly... all these jobber matches on Raw really need to stop. Makes me miss the talented jobbers of the past. instead we get these local talent who yeah need a chance and experience but really bring Raw to a halt. Sorry if I offend anyone but sigh. I dont care to see Bailey fight local talent nor see Cesaro and Sheamus fight a pair of guys you know have no chance but still waste your time. Heck i honestly rather see Cesaro and Sheamus fight for the Millionth time.

It seems crazy that TNA has Bound for Glory, their version of Wrestlemania, scheduled for Sunday, and they're not even sure if it's going to happen due to financial issues.

It seems crazy that TNA has Bound for Glory, their version of Wrestlemania, scheduled for Sunday, and they're not even sure if it's going to happen due to financial issues.
Part of me hopes Corgan buys TNA and can make it watchable again (fire the commentary team, Josh Matthews sounds like hes having a stroke).

But another part of me hopes WWE buys it. I just finished watching all the Monday Night War era Nitros and Raws, I would love to start rewatching all the original TNA PPVs on the Network next.

Part of me hopes Corgan buys TNA and can make it watchable again (fire the commentary team, Josh Matthews sounds like hes having a stroke).

But another part of me hopes WWE buys it. I just finished watching all the Monday Night War era Nitros and Raws, I would love to start rewatching all the original TNA PPVs on the Network next.
They should bring back heel Don West.

It's really too bad since there has been a definite increase in the quality of their programming over the last several months.

If nothing else, it's a place for guys to work and get paid, and they're unarguably trying to be innovative - whether or not fans flock to it.

It's too hard for me to find their programming to get into the narrative and follow it, and I definitely do not have Pop TV.

With the new WWE 2K17 ad, it makes me want to see a game set in that universe. Imagine a GTA-ish game set in Suplex City with all the locations and characters. It would take a lot of work, but I'd buy it.

RoH All-Star Extravaganza tonight, I'll be watching for Ladder War 6, Adam Cole vs Unbreakable Big Mike Elgin, and Naito vs Lethal. Which wtf, they gave Lethal an Ingobernables hat in Feb and made him an honorary member.

ROH show was actually pretty good, the trios match was the dud for me with only 1 of 6 guys I care about (ACH).

I kinda want to go to BFG tomorrow, but I have no idea how to actually do that since they only announced expensive VIP packages for the week of tapings.

It will be airing. Evidently, a third party stepped in and lent them the money. Could be TNAs last PPV ever though.
9CwmaFo.gif

PPV is a long dead medium. TNA may soon find itself in so much debt that the actual company is useless to purchase (because buying it means acquiring their debt as well).

I could see them declaring bankruptcy and liquidating their assets - I, for one, would love a streaming service so I could watch the bulk of TNA prior to Hogan and Bischoff.

PPV is a long dead medium. TNA may soon find itself in so much debt that the actual company is useless to purchase (because buying it means acquiring their debt as well).

I could see them declaring bankruptcy and liquidating their assets - I, for one, would love a streaming service so I could watch the bulk of TNA prior to Hogan and Bischoff.
But that would eliminate the Aces & Eights storyline which, IMO, was pretty well done. Plus it gave rise to Bully Ray as an exceptional singles wrestler and a strong foil. But yeah, except for that, they were definitely bad for the company.

Rumors now say that WWE is likely going to purchase the TNA library, while Billy Corgan will take over as majority owner. He will rebrand the company and start fresh it seems. This is the best of both outcomes if it turns out to be true. TNA library on the WWE Network, and we dont lose a promotion to watch on tv.

I like what they're doing with the other talent like Eddie Edwards.
I'll try and get around to that. I've just been keeping up with the madness of Decay and the Hardyz as far as TNA is concerned. Has Bobby Lashley improved at all since being on WWE?

And "classic" TNA on WWE Network? I Can live with that.

bread's done
Back