Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

personally i think he should be stripped of the title. They always said the Titles must be defended every 30 days or the person will be stripped. Did i dream this or did they ever have a 3 layer cage match. Where the battle starts in the bottom layer and then they must climb the cage to the 2nd floor and then climb the cage to the 3rd floor where they could only be pinned on the 3rd floor. Are those PPVS on the network
That particular match was a WCW thing. There were a few of them back in the early days of WCW ppv's. I also think that was the style of match that Arquette won the title in as well.

Kneejerk reaction from tonight is have Rusev roll over people for a few more months, then have him do an open challenge at Mania and have Ryback come out and beat the shit out of him.

Cena doesn't need it, and it could do a lot for Ryback who is way better (at least as far as knowing how to present himself both in and out of ring) than he was during his initial good guy run. Never going to be a great wrestler but who cares. Big pop for entrance, five minute brawl, clothesline, feed me more, finisher, American flag from ceiling, rematch the following month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until I just read KaneRobot's post, I didn't even realize Rusev wasn't on Raw. I thought about Rusev after Ryback's match, but his absence didn't necessarily register at the time.

Might want to just wait until January, I dont think WWE has ever had a good Dec. PPV.
Not true, there was one..

You already know what this is before you click it, so make sure you do it in an appropriate place.

ir1ph.gif

Heads up for those looking to get WWE 2K15 on PS3 or 360..

They removed create a finisher, create a story, custom themes, all generic entrances for CAW's except for the one with the guy talking on the phone, and they've limited the online custom content greatly. Basically, you can download 10 CAW's, but to download more, you have to play ranked matches and rank up. I guess it earned every bit of IGN's 5.9 score.

I'm going to need confirmation SOON that some or all of these features are in the next gen version or I'm canceling my preorder immediately.

Wow no excuse for any of those omissions. Sounds like youre better off just sticking with last years version. This has me worried about the current gen version too. Hopefully there will be reviews out for that earlier enough so I can cancel my order before it ships. I have never liked any of 2Ks games, but was hoping since they started with something here that they wouldnt screw it up too bad.

Don't jinx me, since I'll be at TLC. :/
I just mean if someone is trying to save money. December isnt usually a time when they pull out their big guns. WWE Live is always a good time. Most of the PPVs I have attended in person were December ones, and while nothing spectacular happened it was still fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYbrQn0VE4Q

They gave Rich Swann time here. PWG is looking like its coming on strong.

That's why I'm glad I held off on preordering the digital deluxe edition when PSN is holding that special sale for spending over $100. If there's any glimmer of hope, I remember reading somewhere that the main group of developers are the one focused on the current gen versions while they let another group handle the last gen version. But still, 2K is notorious for not letting any news/screenshots/clips being let out until about 2 weeks before the game is set for release (look at the NBA series, those are generally regarded as the one of the best sports sims on the market  and they generally have no major problems (except for the online modes) yet they never release anything major until the game is almost out).

Even if you dont have a current gen console, I dont know how you could buy 2K15. It's basically 2K14 with a roster update and a TON of stuff removed. Right now my current plan is to stick with 2K14 and wait like 3-4 days before 2K15 on PS4 is released before deciding. By then reviews should be out or at least people are able to get their hands on the game and let us know if it's worth it or not. The only thing I'm bummed about is that both versions of the game wont have custom soundtrack support.

My plan is the same one it's been since the first Smackdown vs Raw on PS2: wait for it to become cheap.

Man picked up 2k15 last night on last gen for the hell of it since I couldnt wait to play with Sting. Kinda dissapointed. 91 Stings theme sucks and entrance is meh. Crow Sting entrance is a lil meh too. Not expecting next gen versions to be that different.

I thought this was supposed to be a new engine? Looks pretty identical to 2k14. Also they should of prob  just kept entrance themes as the menu music.

I pretty much have a like a 10 year steak of getting these games on day one. 

New graphics, engine, gameplay, etc are all on the next Gen platform.

Really on the edge of cancelling my preorder. They're supposed to release information about the next gen version this week, but we all know how that goes.

Also, holy crap, I haven't seen Guyver in forever.

That is what I figured.. but then again information on the game in general has been tight lipped.

I'll play it for a bit and most probably trade it back in for next gen within the next two weeks. 

Yea.. it's been a minute since I've posted in this thread but I still keep up with the weekly shows every now and then.

I ALMOST bought WWE2K15 yesterday but I'm busy playing Shadows of Mordor, Destiny and The Evil Within. Top that off with my wife buying me Alien: Isolation, a Turbografx-16 and a Turbo Everdrive means I should be fine for now. 

Tempted on grabbing a used copy at Gamestop so i can return it if the game proves to be as awful as I keep reading.

It's so depressing to see Cesaro lose in big matches. They keep killing his momentum and then tease at starting it again. To me it's like Zack Ryder all over again.

Throw the two together in a tag-team and call them Pissed Without a Push. As talented as they are I am so sick of seeing the Usos every week.

My plan is the same one it's been since the first Smackdown vs Raw on PS2: wait for it to become cheap.
I've done this the last three years and while I'm effectively a year behind not only do I get the game for cheap but the season pass/DLC usially go on sake as well.

Roman Reigns was out at Gamespot/Giant Bomb today so I guess they're using him to do the PR for the game. Not sure if they were showing new or old gen footage.

Edit: He's also doing the Power Bombcast, Giant Bomb premium-exclusive wrestling podcast.

Tried to rent 2K15 at Redbox yesterday. Kiosk would not take any of my cards. My friend texted me shortly after with IGN's review, and now reading your guys' views on it, I consider it a blessing in disguise.

I will likely still buy it on next gen though, barring any major omissions like the 360/PS3 has.

That reminds me, have they given any update on a recovery time for Roman Reigns? I know that the particular type of hernia he had is pretty nasty.

I'm going to cancel my pre order when I get home. The DLC stuff really bothers me.

I'm not even that hyped for Showcase mode. While I enjoyed the Attitude Era and 30 Years of Wrestlemania modes, at this point, I'm over replaying old matches with QTEs thrown in.

I'm really looking forward to My Career and seeing if they've made any improvements to Universe mode.

I'm not even mad at the 79.99 preorder on PSN with the season pass and hogan and sting preorders included. You guys know the next gen version is gonna be the good one and the last gen versions were just to appease those who hadn't adopted. I feel like the next gen version is going to be really impressive, considering that's where all the eyes are.

Man. You guys and your delusions. Buying a WWE videogame is like buying a John Cena shirt. You should know better. It's not going to be any better than the crap from the previous year.

Man. You guys and your delusions. Buying a WWE videogame is like buying a John Cena shirt. You should know better. It's not going to be any better than the crap from the previous year.
Eh. Sometimes it is. Besides, it's the only way you'll be able to play as Puro/Indy guys without importing anything (if it's even available).

Whoa, for the entrance on retro Sting they used the late 80's "Turbo Charged" theme, that's kind of awesome. Thought for sure it was going to be that corny *Man Called Sting" theme.

Not that I'm going to buy the game or anything.

Yeah I'm passing on the 360 version. I will try to get it for next gen at some point. I may pick it up for the 360 when it's really cheap though. 

fuck you. Now I'm going to buy a John Cena shirt just because it'll make you angry.
...I suddenly have a strong urge to buy a Cena shirt, hat, those stupid wristband things and one of those towels. Then show up to Survivor Series in the front row with a "Cena Wins LOL" sign for some reason...

...I suddenly have a strong urge to buy a Cena shirt, hat, those stupid wristband things and one of those towels. Then show up to Survivor Series in the front row with a "Cena Wins LOL" sign for some reason...
I saw a commercial for some WWE figures the other day. No joke, it ended with "John Cena wins!"

While entertaining, that would be expensive I bet.

I ALMOST bought WWE2K15 yesterday but I'm busy playing Shadows of Mordor, Destiny and The Evil Within. Top that off with my wife buying me Alien: Isolation, a Turbografx-16 and a Turbo Everdrive means I should be fine for now.

Tempted on grabbing a used copy at Gamestop so i can return it if the game proves to be as awful as I keep reading.

It's so depressing to see Cesaro lose in big matches. They keep killing his momentum and then tease at starting it again. To me it's like Zack Ryder all over again.

Throw the two together in a tag-team and call them Pissed Without a Push. As talented as they are I am so sick of seeing the Usos every week.
He's not Ryder tier fucked but definitely stuck in a holding pattern. Getting to have good to great matches in the midcard and sometimes against higher level guys isn't a bad spot for the moment. He should have gotten a fall in that 2/3 falls match though.

I'm assuming he'll get a spot on the Authority team at SS at least since Ziggler is there.

While entertaining, that would be expensive I bet.
I've looked at getting seats, but yeah... Front Row seats are stupid expensive and I'm not sure how St Louis is going to be by then with the Michael Brown case.

I'm pretty sure I'll be watching it at home on the WWE network for only $9.99.

Eh. Sometimes it is. Besides, it's the only way you'll be able to play as Puro/Indy guys without importing anything (if it's even available).
1.jpg

Me and my "friends" are working on it. Going to get something together in Unreal Engine 4 and see how it plays. It's essentially going to be a No Mercy clone with online play and voice chat. We're thinking about going full-on competitive like Dota 2 and LoL but we'll see. We're busy with some other paid work at the moment but we're fitting this in when we can. Once we have a full arena setup we'll probably do something like Patreon to help us develop the gameplay.

(Obviously the WWE stuff will be dropped when we actually start trying to make money from the game.)

Loved having the champion and challenger come in logically, with Roode greeting fans and Lashley being the confident Rousey-esque badass. MVP/King vs. Joe/Ki was excellent. It may not have been as highlight-filled as Ricochet-Mundo from Lucha Underground, but it was still a fine showcase for Low-Ki and MVP. Ki looked so great with his kicks and I adored his dropkick variant of the Pounce. Didn't need to see Devon's forehead in HD after it though, or anything teasing more of him and Bram. I loved Bram cutting his promo from the apron though - that stood out in a good way. Aimless brawling in front of dozens, with two guys chanting ECW didn't do much for me. Magnus's star has fallen so far, it's almost sad.

OH MY GOD THE SHARK BOY SKIT WAS AMAZING. Then Taryn had a fun match with the BPs where they did the Rayne short stop tag bit, but gave her surface-level reasons instead of just doing the turn. It made the turn predictable, but not insultingly so. Madison's wacky faces on the apron afterwards were hilarious too. The whole night of Lashley ass-whooping videos ruled. OH MY GOD EVERYTHING WITH THE REVOLUTION SUCKED. Eddie-Storm was okay, but Jesus was the whole angle terrible. Eddie and Davey are such bad actors, and Manik trying to convince Davey to go to the dark side by whispering sweet nothings and making weird faces didn't help - but it made it funnier. Whoever let Angle come out like an unmade bed should be fired. Roode-Lashley had another very good match. It was a bit overbooked, but still put Roode over strong. Can't help but love seeing the Bret-Bulldog finish revived too. Great show overall outside of the Revolution stuff. I wasn't coming in with high expectations, but it did an excellent job of hyping the main event throughout the show and then setting up a future rematch.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/tna-impact-wrestling-10-29-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/b7p4h9o3bahhm64urwb6tl8drwexgh9s

Looks like there's some new updates for the Network.

-New subscribers can sign up and watch the Network for the whole month of November (including Survivor Series) for free.

-The new subscription plan is still $9.99 a month but you're not locked into a 6 month commitment. Can cancel anytime.

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/free-in-november

This is because they had their earnings call today and only added 31K subscribers for the quarter, which is...not great. 

bread's done
Back