Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Maybe they'll see that people aren't as interested in Cena vs Lesnar as the company thinks they are.
It's not so much that as the amount they're paying Brock is so much that they can really only justify using him against top-level opponents. This number isn't a damning statement on the guys, it's one showing that WWE has absolutely killed PPVs - and that was before NoC, where they outright buried people for spending $55 on them.

New on the WWE Shop: John Cena Jerk Off gloves. Instructions for use on the back of the glove.

6g9zRsn.png

Whoa, for the entrance on retro Sting they used the late 80's "Turbo Charged" theme, that's kind of awesome. Thought for sure it was going to be that corny *Man Called Sting" theme.

Not that I'm going to buy the game or anything.
I didnt like that theme at all.. it sounds so plain. Was hoping for the WCW Man called Sting song but I think theres some licensing issues there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt like that theme at all.. it sounds so plain. Was hoping for the WCW Man called Sting song but I think theres some licensing issues there.
Also if it is 91 Sting, shouldnt he have 91 Stings theme? Only makes sense. I dont mind his Ultimate Warrior ripoff music, I am just glad he didnt get some generic WWE theme song.

Looks like there's some new updates for the Network.

-New subscribers can sign up and watch the Network for the whole month of November (including Survivor Series) for free.

-The new subscription plan is still $9.99 a month but you're not locked into a 6 month commitment. Can cancel anytime.

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/free-in-november
will everyone be pushed to that 9.99 a month or do we have to change plans

2k15 on old gen gets 100 CAW slots.

Current gen gets 25.

Enjoy!
It makes sense, in a way. The models are much more detailed, so that eats up the space.

They also confirmed that Ambrose and Rollins have updated music, but they have their Shield attires by default. From the way they worded things, it sounds like you can update everyone's gear whenever you feel like it, because they mentioned specifically that you can update Ambrose and Rollins. It sounds good, but.. we'll see, I suppose.

It makes sense, in a way. The models are much more detailed, so that eats up the space.

They also confirmed that Ambrose and Rollins have updated music, but they have their Shield attires by default. From the way they worded things, it sounds like you can update everyone's gear whenever you feel like it, because they mentioned specifically that you can update Ambrose and Rollins. It sounds good, but.. we'll see, I suppose.
They said whenever you update someone's attire, it will take up a CAW spot. So if you want an updated Rollins and Ambrose, you're already down to 23 spots.

I really hope there is a review for this game before they ship it out. Every time there is new information out it makes it sound worse and worse. 25 is not going to cut it for CAW slots. New gen consoles should get more not less than last gen. Id rather less pretty guys and more options. At this point I am just hoping the gameplay is fun.

The CAWS this time are insanely highly detailed than ever before. So it kinda makes up for it.

quality > quantity
For me quality isnt all graphical. Video game quality is the overall package. And plus, this is supposed to be a current gen game so they should be able to up the graphics a bit and still keep everything from last year. If they need more space maybe cut out some of the crap in the game like The Miz, and the Divas.

If the game is fun to play I will be able to look past the lack of CAW slots. From the information out there it seems like 2K cares more about how it looks on TV ads than how it plays.

I'm sure by "updating attire" they mean "change color scheme of the attire" like in years past. smh

I'm sure by "updating attire" they mean "change color scheme of the attire" like in years past. smh
Nah they said it's way better than superstars threads and from what others have gathered over the Q&A from Twitter, it's most likely you can change any atttire for ANY ingame superstar. So if I wanted to give Randy Orton jorts like Cena, then it will be possible but it will take up a CAW spot. So as of now, it is possible to make a current version of Ambrose (just give him jeans and a tanktop) and Rollins (give him leather pants) but again the thing that sucks is that it will take up a spot.

Haven't seen any wrestling since I went to a show years and years go. Seeing Kane with hair and without all that red attire is wierd. I think he looked cooler with the mask.

Didn't see this in the three pages of this new thread:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/10/kevin-steen-has-his-nxt-name-and-sadly-its-not-sal-generico/

At least he kept his first name, right? Um.
"Kevin Owens! *Clap, clap*...aw, forget it."

Steen is a name that hits. With no hard consonants in it, Owens just sounds soft when you try to chant it. I don't think anyone at WWE does something so simple as just trying to chant and cheer the names on the lists they come up with for incoming wrestlers Sooperstars.™ I could definitely get behind Fats Rougeau though. :lol:

Kevin Owens, wasn't that the oldest kid in Mr. Belvedere?

The launch of WWE Network in the UK has been delayed indefinitely.  https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/529357174158675969  WOMP WOMP.

Kevin Owens, wasn't that the oldest kid in Mr. Belvedere?

The launch of WWE Network in the UK has been delayed indefinitely. https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/529357174158675969 WOMP WOMP.
come on vince its okay, We all know its time to finally pull the plug and go back to cable. Wonder if it would ever happen if cable would even want them back with all of the PPV bashing they have been doing on the last few ppvs :)

I like how slidecage thinks the Network would be better on cable, when in reality it would likely be a premium channel priced at more than $9.99 a month and have far less than half the selection.

You stupid fucking Luddite.

I like how slidecage thinks the Network would be better on cable, when in reality it would likely be a premium channel priced at more than $9.99 a month and have far less than half the selection.

You stupid fucking Luddite.
would have almost the same amount. What is on live (what you can steam now) would be pushed to a 24/7 channel and the rest would be on demand. And will be in whatever sports package your local cable provider has. It would get more people on cable then where its at now.

come on vince its okay, We all know its time to finally pull the plug and go back to cable. Wonder if it would ever happen if cable would even want them back with all of the PPV bashing they have been doing on the last few ppvs :)
What they should do is just put the WWE Network on radio, or maybe in print. Thats what the people want. More people would pay for that than on the internet. The internet is just a fad anyways. It will be gone within 3 months by my calculations.

all im saying is watch and wait. I still say vince never attended the network to be steaming only, that is why they even went to the cable companies before asking to be put on their own channel. Most cable providers said no cause they had no proof that there was a demand for something like this. Vince will now come back to the cable companies showing he can bring millions of customers. I would rather see it move back into a cable package then just watch it fail and they drop the entire idea. How long do you think they network will live when they are losing millions of dollars every month on it. Also the want Comcast is starting to CLAMP down on steam and it will get worse next year you will see a lot of these steaming only compaines go belly up in 2015

At least here on the internet we are paying comcast has sent as a letter saying that we can only steaming up to 60 hours of shows until the end of 2014, unless we upgrade our speeds in 2015 that  could dip to low as 20 to 25 hours per month of steaming. Comcast is catching on to people dumping cable and just steaming and is going to kill that market very quickly

Laugh all you want about print but its going to make a comeback, that is why these people who own all of these .net are buying out printing companies. 

HUBBA BUBBA WILL NEVER DIE   NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

slidecage, the new CFO of WWE.
show me then, How Can a company that is bleeding money as badly as the wwe is with the network make it work the way it stands as it is now. They will either have to

a. Jack up their rates (what they just showed what they wont)

b. Come back to cable

c. Sell an ass load of ads what will piss off people making more people leave the network meaning less money coming in

d. Get new talent and not have the same freaking matches every month.

e. Get raw and smackdown off cable (something that will never happen)

How many people do you think the FREE NOV is going to piss off. So i been supporting the Network since day 1, and you are given NEWBIES A FREE MONTH WHILE YOU GIVE ME NOTHING. That is mostly a slap right to the face of the people who has been here day 1. Now if vince said FREE NOV and all customers before Nov. Gets a free month added to their contract date would of fixxed that.

They where pushing WWE overseas for months and now just all of a sudden its been put on hold

The biggest problem with the network is that it still relies on people having cable. When they renegotiated and didn't get the deal from USA/MY TV that they wanted, they should have agreed to the lower rate only if it could stream Raw and Smackdown as they air on TV.

Having the 90 minute raw exclusive to hulu is dumb as shit too.

I always try to avoid debates, but eh...

They must have went to streaming because they were just making so much money with the 'on demand' cable service, right? (feel the sarcasm). Now that they are giving a month away, or selling it for 9.99 -- why would anyone want to pay the premium channel pricing? It makes zero sense to go to cable at this point. Cable TV is a dying format. As time goes on, everything will move to streaming. It just so happens that Vince might have been a little early to the game, and he's paying for it. Literally.

Free month trials are ridiculously common for Internet streaming services. Hulu often does 2 free months for new subscribers. So I doubt anyone is going to be upset.

They must have went to streaming because they were just making so much money with the 'on demand' cable service, right? (feel the sarcasm). Now that they are giving a month away, or selling it for 9.99 -- why would anyone want to pay the premium channel pricing? It makes zero sense to go to cable at this point. Cable TV is a dying format. As time goes on, everything will move to streaming. It just so happens that Vince might have been a little early to the game, and he's paying for it. Literally.
Yup. Look at how long and how much money it took for Amazon to finally make Prime Instant Video a netflix competitor. It took a ton of exclusive content and killer original content. Transparent is the first show that seems to have taken off from Amazon, and they are in what their second or third year of making their own original content.

Yup. Look at how long and how much money it took for Amazon to finally make Prime Instant Video a netflix competitor. It took a ton of exclusive content and killer original content. Transparent is the first show that seems to have taken off from Amazon, and they are in what their second or third year of making their own original content.

Free month trials are ridiculously common for Internet streaming services. Hulu often does 2 free months for new subscribers. So I doubt anyone is going to be upset.
What I'm trying to say is that people would be upset if they had to pay premium cable channel pricing when it was once free/9.99. It's the wrong direction for WWE to be going, but slidecage is stuck in 1988.

What I'm trying to say is that people would be upset if they had to pay premium cable channel pricing when it was once free/9.99. It's the wrong direction for WWE to be going, but slidecage is stuck in 1988.
Who said they wont pay 9.99 a month once it goes back to cable. Mostly likely it will be tossed into your sports package (what the plan was in the first place but many cable companies laughed at what % vince waned without showing he can bring the customers. Just wait and see. Once the cable companies start strapping down how much you can steam we will see how many of these online places make it.

Who said they wont pay 9.99 a month once it goes back to cable. Mostly likely it will be tossed into your sports package (what the plan was in the first place but many cable companies laughed at what % vince waned without showing he can bring the customers. Just wait and see. Once the cable companies start strapping down how much you can steam we will see how many of these online places make it.
11PK1rO.gif

What does WWE Network have to do with Steam? It must be connected somehow since slidecage keeps referring to steam (because we all know slidecage is always on point).

What they should do is just put the WWE Network on radio, or maybe in print. Thats what the people want. More people would pay for that than on the internet. The internet is just a fad anyways. It will be gone within 3 months by my calculations.
If it's available in a fax format then I'm in.

What does WWE Network have to do with Steam? It must be connected somehow since slidecage keeps referring to steam (because we all know slidecage is always on point).

If it's available in a fax format then I'm in.
They fax you 1000 pages and you have to use them like a flipbook. LOL

bread's done
Back