Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Booker's unintentional Owen Hart comment was beyond awkward.

Via 411mania.com:

For those who missed it, Booker was talking about Neville in his match with Luke Harper. JBL said that Neville could be the first high-flying King of the Ring and then said, “Of course Owen [Hart] was a high-flyer, but not like this.” Booker T replied, “He couldn’t defy gravity.”

Neville is known as the “Man That Gravity Forgot” of course, but Owen Hart’s death from his fall during WWE Over the Edge in 1999 was given an unintential reference as a result."

Also, Verne Gagne passed away. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I distinctly remember watching the Over the Edge PPV the day that Owen died. The fall was never broadcasted on the TV feed thankfully. I remember the Owen match being delayed and the camera would only show a stunned and silent crowd. You could tell right away that something was wrong. The announcers had to fill the extra air time. Jeff Jarrett was with WWE at the time. I don't remember if he had to come in as Owen's replacement or if he was the next card up but he was doing an interview backstage with Debra McMichaels in the backdrop. You could see she was emotional the whole time in the background and at the end of the interview she broke down and cried out, "we love you, Owen."

I distinctly remember watching the Over the Edge PPV the day that Owen died. The fall was never broadcasted on the TV feed thankfully. I remember the Owen match being delayed and the camera would only show a stunned and silent crowd. You could tell right away that something was wrong. The announcers had to fill the extra air time. Jeff Jarrett was with WWE at the time. I don't remember if he had to come in as Owen's replacement or if he was the next card up but he was doing an interview backstage with Debra McMichaels in the backdrop. You could see she was emotional the whole time in the background and at the end of the interview she broke down and cried out, "we love you, Owen."
I remember watching Over the Edge as well. It was a surreal moment when they cut to the silent crowd and spoke of what had just happened with Owen's deadly fall. Definitely a moment that I will never forget as Owen was a personal favorite of mine and a guy who would have went on to become the World Champion multiple times. From what I understand Jarrett was particularly close to Owen and it had to have been extremely difficult for him to be the first face anyone saw after this tragic accident occurred.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvi3et_jeff-jarrett-over-the-edge-99_sport

About 3:30 into the video.

Booker's unintentional Owen Hart comment was beyond awkward.

Via 411mania.com:

For those who missed it, Booker was talking about Neville in his match with Luke Harper. JBL said that Neville could be the first high-flying King of the Ring and then said, “Of course Owen [Hart] was a high-flyer, but not like this.” Booker T replied, “He couldn’t defy gravity.”

Neville is known as the “Man That Gravity Forgot” of course, but Owen Hart’s death from his fall during WWE Over the Edge in 1999 was given an unintential reference as a result."

Also, Verne Gagne passed away. :/
Booker-T-wut-da-hayell.jpg

I see your ruck fules and raise you a fuck fear, drink beer.

Which could be the topic of discussion - worst t-shirt slogan and/or wrestler catch phrase *ever*.

side note: the APA "Always Pounding Ass" shirt can not be used in this discussion, as that's way too easy.

I see your ruck fules and raise you a fuck fear, drink beer.

Which could be the topic of discussion - worst t-shirt slogan and/or wrestler catch phrase *ever*.

side note: the APA "Always Pounding Ass" shirt can not be used in this discussion, as that's way too easy.
John Morrison. The front of the shirt says "JoMoSapiens".

7d029f072b2f4b305aa1a5ff0a309ed4.jpg

I hadn't seen that in over 15 years. I forgot about Jeff's relationship with Owen. Poor guy had to do an interview with Owen fresh on his mind. That was really tough to see.
Yeah, I can't imagine having to try to be professional on live TV after witnessing something so horrific.

-

Austin's "What" catchphrase lead to the "What" chant, so that gets my vote. Remember the peak of the "What" chant? One of the worst things to happen in wrasslin.

As one of those things that bites TNA in the ass with taping and planning so far in advance.

TNA President Dixie Carter confirmed on Twitter that Jeff Hardy will be undergoing surgery today. As noted, Jeff suffered a broken tibia in his leg after a dirt bike accident on Tuesday.

For those still wondering, this is not a storyline injury. The accident causes a problem for TNA's next set of Impact Wrestling tapings as they will have to be re-done creatively. The Hardys are the current TNA Tag Team Champions and were scheduled to defend at Slammiversary.
So this is twice in a month & 1/2 they have to strip a team of the titles due to one of them getting injured.

As one of those things that bites TNA in the ass with taping and planning so far in advance.

So this is twice in a month & 1/2 they have to strip a team of the titles due to one of them getting injured.
They never announced that they'd be stripped - they can just have Hurricane sub for Jeff since he's there now as an agent, or maybe have Davey take his place.

Yeah, I can't imagine having to try to be professional on live TV after witnessing something so horrific.

-

Austin's "What" catchphrase lead to the "What" chant, so that gets my vote. Remember the peak of the "What" chant? One of the worst things to happen in wrasslin.
Those "what" chants became tired so years ago. The masses will get people to say even the most stupid things.

According to the Observer:

Vince reportedly feels that part of Lana’s transition has to include the reveal that she’s really American. The idea is to keep the Lana name but there’s been some talk of using the name “CJ” as her real name is Catherine Jo Perry. The idea would be that “CJ” makes people think of a hot blonde because of Pamela Anderson’s character in Baywatch.
Baywatch. Went off the air in 2001.

I mean, yeah, hot blonde women are pretty timeless in American pop culture...but sheesh.

They could take Jo and combine it with Lana:

Jolana.

It's weird but seems like a WWE fit. She could reveal that she's been going by Lana because it sounds strong and Jolana sounds too American or Southern.

That Lana stuff sounds so stupid, she's really American???

Meanwhile back on 1994 Raw, the British Bulldog has returned and he's taking on the Anvil !!!!

Musha and Sigma are both right. I was referencing both Reverse Flash and the "Lana spelled backwards?!" meme. I'm not overly creative at 6 A.M.

Looks like the WWE Network is free to new subscribers again in May. I am so mad that they keep giving free months to new subscribers, but as someone who has subscribed since day one I have gotten absolutely nothing from the WWE aside from some stupid emoijis. I somehow never got the WWE Shop credit that many others, including my brother, had received. 

I wish the WWE cared about loyal fans who have stuck with their product for decades and signed up for the Network on day one. Hell at this point a free month would be a nice gesture for us who have stuck with the Network since day one. 

bread's done
Back