Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I follow this account to remind me not to ever get any: https://www.instagram.com/wrestlingtattoos/?hl=en
That Wrestlemania tattoo. Yikes. There are actually some awesome/hilarious traditional style tattoos on there, this one is too great: https://www.instagram.com/p/zszV2GzODX/?taken-by=wrestlingtattoos&hl=en

After my Mordecai tat became almost immediately irrelevant, I said no more.
I spent a while avoiding any sort of pop-culture-ish tattoos, then at some point decided I didn't care. Now I have wrestling, comic book, AND video game tattoos. Oh well!

Here's mine I got a few years ago if anyone cares (an amalgamation of old wrestlers):

tumblr_nh28l4w4L71qemlyho1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those are really great artwork, but I just wouldn't want them on me.
Totally. The D Byran as Super Mario Bros 3 is pretty great, and I'm partial to what's creative.

I absolutely hate portraits. I can respect really well done ones (there's a black/grey portrait of Flair with the NWA Championship on that page that's great), but I would never ever ever ever get something trying to be photorealistic.

Zayn vs Owens video package was the best part of RAW for me. Immediately made it look like the most important match of the PPV. Also I'm starting to get really worried this raid of NJPW talent was just because they're out of people to feed to Roman and his perpetual push. "Already used up all of our upper mid card talent? Hire new ones!"

Someone please tell me I'm just paranoid and Bullet Club vs Reigns isn't just gonna be Nexus vs Cena all over again.

I smell a 6man in the future, especially as a way to prolong Roman's title run without defending. Balor Club vs Samoans.

This Raw was as lackluster as the other ones have been good, but at least the talent is better now.

Cena announces his return to Raw on May 30th.
Should have been May 19th, that way we could get a You Can't See No Evil movie.

I'll never get a wrestling tattoo but if I were forced to it'd totally be one of Goldberg's body under the head of my weiner. The "Who's Next?" jokes just write themselves.

I'm totally kidding. It'd be Gillberg's body. I can't pass up the chances of naming my unit "Dwang Gill". WHO'S FIRST?

It's all fun and games until Essa Rios shows up.

They're really pushing the buddy system with BC and Styles, which makes me think they're setting up some kind of turn.

There are a ton of directions they could go from here for their semi-annual big summer thing...Heel Roman Empire of Reigns/Gallows/Anderson vs. Styles/Ambrose/somebody, Heel Bullet Club vs. Shield, heck, even Heel Roman Empire vs. Wyatts...but we'll probably just get some form of Bullet Club vs. "TEAM WWE" with Reigns pinning Anderson or Gallows at Summerslam tag match, in a tired and uninteresting rehash of Cena vs. Nexus.

I smell a 6man in the future, especially as a way to prolong Roman's title run without defending. Balor Club vs Samoans.

This Raw was as lackluster as the other ones have been good, but at least the talent is better now.
Throw Balor and Samoa Joe into this, make it an 8man, and I'd be down. The storylines there would write themselves, as well as provide a nice NXT crossover.

If Rollins returns soon we could have a Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose and Usos vs. AJ, Gallows, Anderson, Balor and Nakamura. It'd seem like a cluster of a match though. One things for sure: they need to turn Roman and quick or else this title reign (like the others) will just be hollow and pointless.

Biggest head scratchers for me

Demolition as they were meant to be seen: in slot machine form

UDvNwvE.png

Don't tell me that's supposed to be Savage

yRBe4xy.png

This is on this person's body forever

hjeMPjJ.png

Although this one is some goooood work

83nZwuz.png

Looks like League of Nations is finally being broken up, and yet I can't remember why they were ever together in the first place. Was it the Authority or something? It will forever remain a mystery.

Now gimme more Rusev MACHKA, please.

Dash and Dawson had such a great look and style a few months ago. The satin jackets, the name, and so on.

I'm not digging their entrance attire now, their song is hellishly awful (perhaps that's the point? - lessons learned from Blake and Murphy?), and their jackets look silly. I also don't like the name "The Revival," as it's too heavy handed. Weren't they gonna be "The Mechanics" at some point?

Their in-ring work is still wonderful, but I don't care for the changes they've made in the last few months.

That all said, what do you do with them currently? WWE's tag division is *flush* right now, and they've kinda done it all in NXT.

Not sure if this was mentioned at some point.  Remember how some prelim wrestler sued and I think won 27 million bucks when he was paralyzed by a Rocker Dropper from Marty Jannetty?  This surfaced recently and shows the incident.  I'm not sure how he could have won when he jumped and tucked his head instead of doing a front flop to take it and ended up landing on his head.  His other bumps didn't look like he had any business being in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb02_HEdEFM

Dash and Dawson had such a great look and style a few months ago. The satin jackets, the name, and so on.

I'm not digging their entrance attire now, their song is hellishly awful (perhaps that's the point? - lessons learned from Blake and Murphy?), and their jackets look silly. I also don't like the name "The Revival," as it's too heavy handed. Weren't they gonna be "The Mechanics" at some point?

Their in-ring work is still wonderful, but I don't care for the changes they've made in the last few months.

That all said, what do you do with them currently? WWE's tag division is *flush* right now, and they've kinda done it all in NXT.
I love the Vaudevillains, but I think Dash and Dawson would have been the better fit. Mechanics died a quiet death when they got semi-serious quite a while ago I think.

I'm very excited for tomorrow, I get to actually see Nakamura live. Hopefully Saturday as well, but not holding my breath on that one, just fingers crossed.

Progress On-Demand just added the first two Global Cruiserweight Series qualifying matches with Zack Sabre Jr vs. "Flash" Morgan Webster and "The Bruiserweight" Pete Dunn vs. Jack Gallagher. All four guys are super talented and definitely looking forward to seeing the two winners in the Cruiserweight Series.  

Not sure if this was mentioned at some point. Remember how some prelim wrestler sued and I think won 27 million bucks when he was paralyzed by a Rocker Dropper from Marty Jannetty? This surfaced recently and shows the incident. I'm not sure how he could have won when he jumped and tucked his head instead of doing a front flop to take it and ended up landing on his head. His other bumps didn't look like he had any business being in the ring.
The video mentions (including the attorney) that they emphasized "negligence" - that it wasn't the rocker dropper itself, but rolling him over after knowing he was hurt (using what appears to be pretty clear personal effort), and Michaels hit the splash after. Also, if there was no on-site EMT, that probably went a long way in influencing the jury's decision.

So it's not enough to say "this guy isn't trained" since there aren't clear levels and protocols for determining if someone is or isn't ready for the ring. A jury is going to be influenced (esp if they aren't wrestling fans) by the idea that Austin was hurt and the match continued after, and that there was no on-site EMT (i.e., WWE was negligent because they exist in a risky environment but did not prepare adequately in the event that risk happened).

This is what I'm thinking from a legal perspective, in any case.

Was listening to the Steve Austin podcast episodes with Enzo and Big Cass and I got to give it a recommendation if you haven't heard them. Enzo's broken leg story was both gruesome and hilarious.

Tapings were decent, crowd was shit. We deserve scorn for some of this shit. Lots of people left at the beginning of the last match, incredibly rude.

Nakamura is as fantastic to see live as I was hoping for.

The video mentions (including the attorney) that they emphasized "negligence" - that it wasn't the rocker dropper itself, but rolling him over after knowing he was hurt (using what appears to be pretty clear personal effort), and Michaels hit the splash after. Also, if there was no on-site EMT, that probably went a long way in influencing the jury's decision.

So it's not enough to say "this guy isn't trained" since there aren't clear levels and protocols for determining if someone is or isn't ready for the ring. A jury is going to be influenced (esp if they aren't wrestling fans) by the idea that Austin was hurt and the match continued after, and that there was no on-site EMT (i.e., WWE was negligent because they exist in a risky environment but did not prepare adequately in the event that risk happened).

This is what I'm thinking from a legal perspective, in any case.
Objection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfY6X5XD4Jg

Early, early footage of Chikara's upcoming game!
This looks way better than I ever thought it would, especially for such an early build of the game. Last I heard it's only coming to PC though, which sucks because I doubt my laptop will run it, at least very well. I hope we get this on Xbox Live and PSN too, I'd definitely buy it.

Nothing has been announced w/r/t platform, so don't sweat that too much yet.

For better or worse (better if you ask me), the bruising never came out too bad (i.e., there really weren't any good pics). Also, I only slightly tore some cartilage and didn't suffer a nose break. Huzzah!

Tapings were decent, crowd was shit. We deserve scorn for some of this shit. Lots of people left at the beginning of the last match, incredibly rude.

Nakamura is as fantastic to see live as I was hoping for.
Makes me miss the good ol days when I went to Full Sail (lol) and could get tickets, night of the event, for $5. Then again they didn't have highly paid performers and millions of viewers then.

Nothing has been announced w/r/t platform, so don't sweat that too much yet.

For better or worse (better if you ask me), the bruising never came out too bad (i.e., there really weren't any good pics). Also, I only slightly tore some cartilage and didn't suffer a nose break. Huzzah!
I hope it hits as many platforms as possible and does well. We could use some more licensed wrestling games out there and it's looking promising on the possibility of a Fire Pro Wrestling revival with the recent reaction to Spike Chunsoft asking fans if they were interested. I'd love to see a developer pick up the ROH/NJPW licenses and put out a game based around the two promotions, I'd buy it based on the roster alone.

I hope it hits as many platforms as possible and does well. We could use some more licensed wrestling games out there and it's looking promising on the possibility of a Fire Pro Wrestling revival with the recent reaction to Spike Chunsoft asking fans if they were interested. I'd love to see a developer pick up the ROH/NJPW licenses and put out a game based around the two promotions, I'd buy it based on the roster alone.
I hope not. As much as I love wrestling games, shitty ones doing well isnt good for any of us. All of the previous Action Arcade Wrestling games have been beyond bad. If they can throw a license on that pile of crap and make money then what would stop other wrestling companies from throwing their brand on some other shitty title just to make some money. I would rather have the bad games like AAW fail miserably so that the next people to come along know they have to try to make a half way decent to make any money from it.

Fire Pro Wrestling on the other hand (as long as its not another Avatar game) would be wonderful! Keep the 2D graphics and just throw everything that made the FP games a hit in and Ill buy that!

Pleasant surprise in the main event, unexpected based on the rumors about tomorrow night. Revival and Samoa Joe vs Tye Dillinger, Manny Andrade, and Finn Balor. Faces win after Balor stomp on both Dash and Dawson at once. Figured he'd have flown out already if he is appearing at Payback.

Mandy/Nia vs Adrienne Reese/Asuka was really good, but Mandy still has a long way to go. Finish looked bad (Asuka kicking her in the head) because she started falling too early.

Patrick Clark wasn't as good as I expected, the big heel he was working looked more impressive in the ring and smoother at selling overall. Aliyah played heel vs Carmella and was better than expected.

Pleasant surprise in the main event, unexpected based on the rumors about tomorrow night. Revival and Samoa Joe vs Tye Dillinger, Manny Andrade, and Finn Balor. Faces win after Balor stomp on both Dash and Dawson at once. Figured he'd have flown out already if he is appearing at Payback.
If Balor doesn't show up to Payback tonight I'm storming out of the building, going straight home, coming on the internet, and blaming you.

I still want to see Anderson and Gallows go with Reigns. Building will go NUCLEAR.

This is the same city that gave us the *wonderful* crowd for Cena/Punk at Money in the Bank.

The best part of the event will be the crowd as they will tear the show down from the get go.

What in the fuck is that opening all about? They are going to give the fans what they want to see? I find that highly suspect.

Holy shit that looked rough as shit. He was legit out cold.

Yeah. If he wasnt out with the hit on the rope the bouncing of the head off the mat definitely knocked him out cold. The way he hit the floor was scary, not moving at all.

fuck that looked bad. I really hope Enzo is okay.

UPDATE: According to twitter Enzo is moving and talking, so that's a good sign.

Yeah they just announced on the show. Definitely good news, probably got a nasty concussion but considering how that looked that's probably best case scenario.

In lighter news, I love this kid no selling New Day shenanigans.

[preview]https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/726926863810093060[/preview]

In lighter news, I love this kid no selling New Day shenanigans.

[preview]https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/726926863810093060[/preview]
MojoJojo puts the booty in the Booty-O's

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/726891414101970944

This is hella boring. Only cool thing was Vince yelling at the crowd and letting them chant for Punk.

Reigns botches a Styles Clash and ends up with a broken neck in about 25 minutes.

bread's done
Back