Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

What? I got an email on Tuesday thanking me for being a subscriber... and got a link to some WWE emojis.
Yeah dude I just got the same email. I've been a subscriber from day one. My membership has only lapsed for maybe a day, just because of the stupid 6 month commitment thing. I thought I had it set to just keep renewing, but my account expired yesterday and I had to go in and manually renew. When I did renew I wasn't charged immediately since February is free and got an email saying I will be charged on March 1st. I wish WWE would just shut up and keep taking my $9.99 each month, I have no desire to cancel the Network at anytime. Kinda pisses me off that we both got screwed on that $25 off the shop though, that could have been a new NXT T-Shirt dammit! Being a loyal fan for 25+ years and a day 1 subscriber should amount to something more than some emojis that I will never use.

WWE's site is blocked by my companies network, but when I get off work I am sending them an email to express my anger in getting some stupid emojis and not $25 when I have had a subscription since day one and I spend a ton of money every year on WWE products and live events. I want $25 so I can get some more NXT gear, I am going to be at the NXT live event in Ohio next Thursday and will likely buy plenty of merch while I am there, but it would be nice to get a $25 off offer for being a loyal subscriber. 

I believe they have a third party that does their drug testing, so I'm uncertain how much their medical staff have a hand in the matter.

(Even if I believed their wellness policy and enforcement to be on the up-and-up, which I don't, I am also pretty certain their medical staff can't be held legally liable for that.)
Yeah the WWE uses a third party agency to administer it's wellness testing. I haven't kept up with it but last I heard, the problem is that the agency has little bite in terms of enforcement. They are not the ones that dole out punishment. There's no oversight over the WWE. They are their own enforcers. One of the loopholes was that you can get a pass if you had a prescription from an actual doctor. They also had a verbal warning for first time offenders but that was before the whole Chris Benoit murder/suicide I think so that forced the WWE to up the punishment to 30 days of suspension for first time offenders. When Vince was getting hounded by Congress years ago, it forced him to adopt a more formalized drug testing policy.

Obviously, the whole thing is a ruse. I'd bet 90% of the roster is on some form of steroids/HGH. Hell, some of the divas are even using. The culture has been established that way for the longest time now already. The really sad thing about this is it takes such a toll on their bodies. They pay such a heavy price. Guys like Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Eddie G, etc. all died way too early. I'm expecting Hogan to croak any day now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rey Mysterio has been movied to the Alumni section of WWE.com.

I'd say this is long overdue. Rey's been inactive for too long and his knees are shot.
Weird tidbit about Rey Mysterio I saw the other day. Rey is a huge vape guy, he is really into e-cigarettes and vaping. I follow a few e-liquid companies on Instagram and one of them posted a photo of Rey with his vape gear. Rey also posts quite a bit of photos of vape stuff on his Instagram as well. Wouldn't have expected Rey to be so into the hobby.

Apparent the Network lost 200k paid subscribers after the Rumble. Anyone thinking it didn't make a difference got worked by the company.
It didnt make a difference to me. I still have the Network and love it. Unless you have stock in WWE then you shouldnt care either.

Anyone know when they add more old Raw episodes usually? I just finished up the last of 1996 that they have. Just when its getting good, an American Gladiator reject who "looks like Ron Simmons, only bigger" just beat down Ahmed Johnson! What will happen next!!

Weird tidbit about Rey Mysterio I saw the other day. Rey is a huge vape guy, he is really into e-cigarettes and vaping. I follow a few e-liquid companies on Instagram and one of them posted a photo of Rey with his vape gear. Rey also posts quite a bit of photos of vape stuff on his Instagram as well. Wouldn't have expected Rey to be so into the hobby.
More like Rey uses that shit to smoke his weed from some of the pics and posts I have seen featuring him, Konnan and MVP.

It didnt make a difference to me. I still have the Network and love it. Unless you have stock in WWE then you shouldnt care either.

Anyone know when they add more old Raw episodes usually? I just finished up the last of 1996 that they have. Just when its getting good, an American Gladiator reject who "looks like Ron Simmons, only bigger" just beat down Ahmed Johnson! What will happen next!!
should care cause if they keep losing them the price will go up. Anyone notice they no longer push the 9.99 that much anymore. rumor is its going to 14.99 or 19.99 by end of year.

Of course... because charging people more is obviously the smartest way to attract new customers and is best for business. But slidecage said it, and "the cards don't lie, mon!"

Apparent the Network lost 200k paid subscribers after the Rumble. Anyone thinking it didn't make a difference got worked by the company.
Wow, no wonder they jumped on the news of the 1 million subscribers, they knew they would soon be losing 1/5th of them. Also explains why they jumped on free February almost right away, they were hoping they'd get another crop of paid subscriptions holding over from the free month.

I signed up for mine and then cancelled it soon after so it wouldn't renew in March. It was great to watch NXT Rivals after I finally got a chance to watch R Evolution.

WWE has announced that Bad News Barrett will defend the WWE Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania 31 against multiple Superstars in a Ladder Match.

WWE noted on their website that the number of challengers and their identities will be revealed in the next few weeks

original.jpg

@Herotothemasses - Totally using that as new desktop background!

Anyone been paying attention to the Daily Show/Seth Rollins feud? I have always thought that while Rollins is insane in the ring his mic work/promos are horrendous. I find them distracting they are so bad and it boggles my mind that he is being pushed the way he is in spite of it. This new feud with John is showing it off all the more, both because he is in a world outside of wrestling and also just because John is cutting promos that more sound like a wrestler.  Rollins lacks any passion in his deliveries, is totally unbelievable and at times flat out sounds as though he is trying to remember lines or think of something to say.

Like I said, I do not take a thing away from his ring work AT ALL. But I worry about how bad things are going to be in the future with Rollins and Reins out there carrying the show. I honestly would put both of their mic work amongst the bottom of the current roster. I imagine for many of you this isnt a big deal. As one of the rare people here that watches wrestling not for the matches(I honestly fast forward through most)but because its a soap opera I have been addicted to since i was 12(im in my 30s) it is really hard to swallow these two.

Wow, no wonder they jumped on the news of the 1 million subscribers, they knew they would soon be losing 1/5th of them. Also explains why they jumped on free February almost right away, they were hoping they'd get another crop of paid subscriptions holding over from the free month.

I signed up for mine and then cancelled it soon after so it wouldn't renew in March. It was great to watch NXT Rivals after I finally got a chance to watch R Evolution.
I cancled mine halfway through the year and they still tried charging me after my year was up. The fact that RAW/WCW was not completly available from day one was just insane to me. Lets launch a netflix like service but with only our own content....and then not even make all of it available! Brilliant! Honestly in its current form I wouldnt pay more then $30 a year for this product. Their weekly programing is crap so I hardly care about the PPVs anymore and your library is incomplete, what am I paying you for?

Rollins personifies the modern day WWE delivery of reading off a fucking script rather than speaking to people. Just completely hideous. It's a good thing he's outstanding in the ring.

I hope he can get past it, otherwise he's going to wind up as a more flippy version of Orton.

Thanks for the above posts, I probably would have forgotten to cancel the network again by Sunday.

should care cause if they keep losing them the price will go up. Anyone notice they no longer push the 9.99 that much anymore. rumor is its going to 14.99 or 19.99 by end of year.
They can't get $9.99 for it. Why would they raise the price?

Also, when are they scrapping it for the cable network?

Rollins personifies the modern day WWE delivery of reading off a fucking script rather than speaking to people. Just completely hideous. It's a good thing he's outstanding in the ring.

I hope he can get past it, otherwise he's going to wind up as a more flippy version of Orton.

Thanks for the above posts, I probably would have forgotten to cancel the network again by Sunday.
Good to know I am not alone here. He just strikes me as so bad he shouldnt have a mic in his hand let alone lead/close the show every week(or be the one to feud with Stewart on such a big stage). Flippy Orton is probably a good comparison but personally he has always reminded me of a less talented HBK. His ring work, size, attitude, everything reminds me of him. Hopefully he just grows into his role, I have faith in Reins to be the next Cena(kid friendly monster who never quits)but because of his size Rollins is going to need to up his game if he wants to compete at a top level. Meanwhile Ambrose who was clearly the most rounded and ready for the spotlight is lingering in the mid card....man they really ruined the Shields momentum.

They can't get $9.99 for it. Why would they raise the price?

Also, when are they scrapping it for the cable network?
Because this is the WWE. They are run by delusional conservative people who cant admit when they are at fault. I know this is a controversial thing to say but I fully 100% believe that a lot of the WWE"s issues are cultural. Vince was always an arrogant conservative man, he passed those values and traits on to his kids and created an insulated industry where neither the fans nor wrestlers are respected, let alone listened to. I dont know if the WWE will fall, but I would not be surprised if they run this company into the ground before ever admit they are wrong and start changing their ways. Look at the last 5 years and how we went from the PG era to a "reality era" which is really just an excuse to stick their thumb in their fans eyes on a weekly basis.

Very little of what they have done comes from any place I can find ANY logic at all. I would not be surprised if after releasing a half assed network they blame us and raise prices compared to taking a long hard look at their product. The network and their weekly product are just IMO completly broken and the WWE is in a place of disillusion about both.

Shit. I was just trying to bring up Slide's other Network theories.

I was left after Fastlane with the feeling that the company is successful in spite of itself. If the current model works, more power to them. It is just disappointing to me because they have a lot of talent on the roster that is not effectively used.

More like Rey uses that shit to smoke his weed from some of the pics and posts I have seen featuring him, Konnan and MVP.
He actually vapes eliquid, specifically a brand called Cuttwood. I am sure he has a much better vaporizer for his weed and there is nothing wrong with that. No one would buy as many devices as he has just to smoke weed with, especially when they make products specifically for that that of a much higher quality than the little attachments you can buy for an eCigaraette.

Shit. I was just trying to bring up Slide's other Network theories.

I was left after Fastlane with the feeling that the company is successful in spite of itself. If the current model works, more power to them. It is just disappointing to me because they have a lot of talent on the roster that is not effectively used.
Well what is a real shame is that those talent have no where else to go. Part of the reason things are the way they are is because there just is not another big option in this industry. Sure Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Titus O Neil, Tyson Kidd and previously CM Punk all had immense talent that was not being effectively used....but its not like there was another promotion offering this kind of money or exposure.

I am glad Punk did what he did since he seems really happy in his day to day life now. I wish though that I could peer at a universe where he instead took his millions of dollars, talent and name and opened another promotion with a few other WWE stars. Probably too much ego for something like that to ever work, but I would love to see a few top guys collectively give the McMahons the finger all at the same time like that. The timing would have been perfect for a few of TNAs top guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Team 3D to make the transition as well. Ah to see that universe.

Because this is the WWE. They are run by delusional conservative people who cant admit when they are at fault. I know this is a controversial thing to say but I fully 100% believe that a lot of the WWE"s issues are cultural. Vince was always an arrogant conservative man, he passed those values and traits on to his kids and created an insulated industry where neither the fans nor wrestlers are respected, let alone listened to. I dont know if the WWE will fall, but I would not be surprised if they run this company into the ground before ever admit they are wrong and start changing their ways. Look at the last 5 years and how we went from the PG era to a "reality era" which is really just an excuse to stick their thumb in their fans eyes on a weekly basis.

Very little of what they have done comes from any place I can find ANY logic at all. I would not be surprised if after releasing a half assed network they blame us and raise prices compared to taking a long hard look at their product. The network and their weekly product are just IMO completly broken and the WWE is in a place of disillusion about both.
Damn man. With this much anger and resentment why would you watch or even comment on WWE stuff? I dont know about anyone else, but if I have/had this much of a negative feeling about someone/something I tend to stay away from it/them as much as humanly possible.

Man, I'm so liberal that my own mother describes me as 'just to the right of Karl Marx,' and I think WWE's culture has zilch to do with conservatism (other than the typical fiscal conservatism that you expect to see from a business that wants to keep its taxes low).

They're not the entertainment version of Chik-Fil-A/Domino's/Papa John's/et al. 

It's just a tv show bruh.

I got emoji's first round and got the $25 cert today. And I cancelled back in December but still was on the second round of 6 months I was on.

Damn man. With this much anger and resentment why would you watch or even comment on WWE stuff? I dont know about anyone else, but if I have/had this much of a negative feeling about someone/something I tend to stay away from it/them as much as humanly possible.
I have taken a few breaks from watching it over the last years. Recently I just tune in every few weeks and have been starting to fast forward through more and more segments. I discussed in a post a few weeks ago that its just difficult after so many years to completely walk away from the WWE. I mean I started watching wrestling a good 25 or so years ago and almost never missed a Raw once they started(or smackdown while it was still a show that mattered). I mean think about that time span, dogs died, gfs came and went, got married, watched my parents become seniors. That is a long time to have one thing as a part of your life and not form SOME attachment to it O:)

I do not know if I am angry or not, but I will admit I am frustrated as hell. Its a sad thing having your options come to two big negatives. First you walk away and just forget the thing you enjoyed for nearly 3 decades exists. Second tune in, and ignore all the negative. Ignore the fact that they are neglecting not just their superstars talents but also their health, opinions and happiness. Ignore that minorities are still sent out there to dance and job. Ignore that they way overpay a handful of top guys who are the ones they shove down our throats while under paying others. Ignore the fact that women are paid far less and given segments that you can literally miss if you are fast forwarding. And least important ignore the insults they toss at fans under the guise of kayfabe. I am just not happy with the WWE right now regardless of if its their products or if its the decisions they are making because they are "best for business". Most companies no matter how greedy or jacked up they are I can find a few things to respect. As a life long fan of the WWE....I am just really struggling these days to find positive things to say outside about their talent(who continue to for the most part bust ass and put their whole into what they do).

Ill end the rant(s) saying that I think that I just come here to blow off some steam the weeks I do watch. Sorry if I am being too negative or bugging anyone, we do have an ignore function though :D/ . Like I said I just hate these options and cant quite get myself to quit the WWE, bitching and moaning here every now and then helps!

Man, I'm so liberal that my own mother describes me as 'just to the right of Karl Marx,' and I think WWE's culture has zilch to do with conservatism (other than the typical fiscal conservatism that you expect to see from a business that wants to keep its taxes low).

They're not the entertainment version of Chik-Fil-A/Domino's/Papa John's/et al.

It's just a tv show bruh.
Ill drop politics after this post since its not the place for it. Culture has everything to do with every part of our lives and is not something we take the proper time as a society to think about until its in our past. And yet no one really values history(arnt you a history teacher or something too?) so our lessons are never truly learned. I am sorry but currently our corporate culture is immensely conservative and I think you are nuts if you think that a man who is a proud Republican, had a wife just just run for office as a Republican and runs his company the way Vince does has NOTHING to do with politics. Talk to me again when minorties and women are valued and every time cuts need to be made he doesnt fuck over his workers some how.

Edit - Feel free to message me about it or start a topic at the politics board though. Not trying to close off discussion, just recognizing most people probably come here to relax and dont want politics being injected too much here.

Tyson Kidd is on fire as a heel talker! I did NOT see that coming! King Douche haha.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/smackdown-exclusives-feb-26-2015
Tyson Kidd is awesome all around, I am really glad he is finally getting a well deserved push. Kidd and Cesaro work really well as a team and remind me a lot of the Kings of Wrestling in ROH, especially Nattie playing the roll of Sara Del Ray in the group. Kidd is also much better in the ring than Chris Hero and the size difference between him and Cesaro make for a more interesting team as well.

I got emoji's first round and got the $25 cert today. And I cancelled back in December but still was on the second round of 6 months I was on.
Just checked. I got another email from WWE Network about what's coming in March and one from WWE Shop about new merchandise. No $25 code, not even in my spam folder.

If you're really frustrated about WWE's product, you're not watching it with the right mindset. You need to be watching it like you're watching a bunch of movies back to back. They have Hollywood writers on staff now instead of wrestling business minds, which is why a lot of these stories unfold like watching a shitty B movie, because that's what these people have been trained to write. 

The Roman Reigns as the protagonist movie might suck, but once it's over, something else will happen and all you should do is hope the next story is a better one. You can't even compare current day WWE's product with NXT, because NXT is written by people with minds for the business and that's why there's such a large detachment.

Also, Rollins is bad on the mic? You people are fucking delusional.

[quote name="xilly" post="12537138" timestamp="1425080560

Also, Rollins is bad on the mic? You people are fucking delusional.[/quote]

I agree. I never understood it when people say he sucks on the mic. True, he is no heel Cena or Rock on the mic, but he's also no Roman Reigns either.

If you're really frustrated about WWE's product, you're not watching it with the right mindset. You need to be watching it like you're watching a bunch of movies back to back. They have Hollywood writers on staff now instead of wrestling business minds, which is why a lot of these stories unfold like watching a shitty B movie, because that's what these people have been trained to write.

The Roman Reigns as the protagonist movie might suck, but once it's over, something else will happen and all you should do is hope the next story is a better one. You can't even compare current day WWE's product with NXT, because NXT is written by people with minds for the business and that's why there's such a large detachment.

Also, Rollins is bad on the mic? You people are fucking delusional.
Rollins' bit with Edge and the briefcase was some of the best mic work by a heel that the WWE has seen in ages.

I have taken a few breaks from watching it over the last years. Recently I just tune in every few weeks and have been starting to fast forward through more and more segments. I discussed in a post a few weeks ago that its just difficult after so many years to completely walk away from the WWE. I mean I started watching wrestling a good 25 or so years ago and almost never missed a Raw once they started(or smackdown while it was still a show that mattered). I mean think about that time span, dogs died, gfs came and went, got married, watched my parents become seniors. That is a long time to have one thing as a part of your life and not form SOME attachment to it O:)

I do not know if I am angry or not, but I will admit I am frustrated as hell. Its a sad thing having your options come to two big negatives. First you walk away and just forget the thing you enjoyed for nearly 3 decades exists. Second tune in, and ignore all the negative. Ignore the fact that they are neglecting not just their superstars talents but also their health, opinions and happiness. Ignore that minorities are still sent out there to dance and job. Ignore that they way overpay a handful of top guys who are the ones they shove down our throats while under paying others. Ignore the fact that women are paid far less and given segments that you can literally miss if you are fast forwarding. And least important ignore the insults they toss at fans under the guise of kayfabe. I am just not happy with the WWE right now regardless of if its their products or if its the decisions they are making because they are "best for business". Most companies no matter how greedy or jacked up they are I can find a few things to respect. As a life long fan of the WWE....I am just really struggling these days to find positive things to say outside about their talent(who continue to for the most part bust ass and put their whole into what they do).

Ill end the rant(s) saying that I think that I just come here to blow off some steam the weeks I do watch. Sorry if I am being too negative or bugging anyone, we do have an ignore function though :D/ . Like I said I just hate these options and cant quite get myself to quit the WWE, bitching and moaning here every now and then helps!
It's all good man. I got no ill will towards you, damn sure arent even on my ignore radar lol. I just hate seeing anyone so worked up over shit so stupid like that is all. Hell, if you wanna make WWE more watchable, do what I do. Smoke a bowl. I had just gotten high before the triple threat at RR and holy shit...... I was convinced Bork was going to either come through ym friggin tv at me or thrown one of the other guys through the screen.

W.W.E.: Weed, Wrestling, ENTERTAINMENT. Belly Dat.

First one guy wants Cena to dominate a feud. Then another guy says Rollins sucks yet praises Roman "Reins".

What happened to this thread?  

What's next?  Does someone want "The Bunny" to make his WWE return by defeating Wade Barrett at Wrestlemania?

Loved the goofy Bro Mans Shirt guys. Kurt was a total prick to start the show. Josh and the script said stuff. Ken and Spud beat EC3 and Tyrus with Ken setting the table for Spud to hit a few big moves to get them over. Fun comedy tag with Melendez teaming with Brooke against Robbie and Love. This peaked with the post-match celebration including an ussie with Brooke KOed and doing cartwheels. Taryn ate a nothing beating from Kong, who has "it" in spades, but can't go. Loved Joe-Aries - it was really good match and a fine audition tape for Joe to show WWE that he can still go. Bram beat up BBC S2 guys to get the show closer to the grave. Wolves face the Revolution for the titles next week. World title match got good until the clusterfuck.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/tna-impact-wrestling-2-27-15.html

Screens -

The new weekly highlight of the show - the script -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/tbg5sxjgoue08fo8397gst6bct75nhyh

bread's done
Back