Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I don't know too many 90's fans outside of that front row from the ECW Arena shows, and that one guy what dresses like Hulk Hogan (who is still there at shows from time to time).

There's some bald dude in the midwest from shows I went to before moving east - bald guy what always wore a neon pink nylon parka (like those weird-as 1992 "Surfstyle" jawns). He was at a LOT of shows and knew a LOT of the wrestlers. I always pegged him for a doc who wrote scrips for pain meds because he was a supermark, but I honestly have zero idea who he is.

As for being mocked for dating Noelle Foley - I'm not sure I follow. She's very, very, very attractive. So what if it ends - he still got to date her, yeah? Kudos for getting a few rounds in above your fighting weight, even if you didn't win the match.

WWE issued a casting call this week and is moving forward with the "WWE NXT Kids" show that will feature kids interviewing wrestlers and doing commentary with Corey Graves. One WWE source hinted to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that this show may be a vehicle for Bayley's Superfan Izzy and even if it doesn't end up with her on the show, she inspired the idea. Apparently it's not a coincidence that WWE has had her in so many front row crowd shots.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

And this is how they start to tarnish the NXT brand. Then after that has a slight mediocre success they'll have another spin-off called NXT Critters, where random dogs bark at the wrestlers next to Corey Graves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of "superfans" I always remembered seeing the same guy with a buzzcut and glasses somewhere in front row of just about every PPV WWF put on in the late 80's through the 90's. Always wondered how much money that dude had.

Speaking of "superfans" I always remembered seeing the same guy with a buzzcut and glasses somewhere in front row of just about every PPV WWF put on in the late 80's through the 90's. Always wondered how much money that dude had.
That's Vladimir, the guy I mentioned a few posts ago. Apparently he's still around, people have seen him at Axxess and stuff.

Coi804V.gif

I'd probably eat the business end of a gun if my biggest priority in life was to keep up my online notoriety as "Brock Lesnar Guy".
I'd probably slit my wrists if I was online judging (or gave a crap about) people for what they-- do passion for, brings them happiness, or what they do for fun.

I'd probably slit my wrists if I was online judging (or gave a crap about) people for what they-- do passion for, brings them happiness, or what they do for fun.
But what if judging people online is what I do for fun? What does that say about you for judging me?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
I saw the pilot episode over the Summer and really enjoyed the show. NXT Kids is a 30 minute show and they show two matches (dark matches typically) and you get a chance to see some newer NXT talent that aren't regularly on the main show along with favorites like Bayley. The kids doing commentary with Cory Graves was actually quite good and even in some cases better than the commentary on the main show. More NXT is a good thing IMO and this show is a lot better than it sounds on paper.

The kids doing commentary with Cory Graves was actually quite good and even in some cases better than the commentary on the main show.
I am now envisioning Vince McMahon fucking SCREAMING at some 9 year olds through the headset because they accidentally said "wrestler" or something.

I don't care that they're doing a kids show, my disgust was more towards the part about it being a "possible vehicle for Izzy."

Essentially isnt this exactly what you are doing by this passive aggressive comment? So i take it you've gone ahead and slit your wrists...

So will you be passing the razor blades when you are done with them, or do we need to get them from the evidence room at the police station?

I am now envisioning Vince McMahon fucking SCREAMING at some 9 year olds through the headset because they accidentally said "wrestler" or something.

I don't care that they're doing a kids show, my disgust was more towards the part about it being a "possible vehicle for Izzy."
The pilot episode that I saw didn't really focus on Izzy, but she was definitely in the crowd as usual. I honestly don't have a problem with it, she's a kid and a fan. I know if I was in her position as kid and had the opportunity to work with the WWE I'd be all over it. The commentary came across genuine though, Graves was there to keep the kids in check, but they actually did talk about the wrestling and were honestly not too bad at it, especially for kids.

If you're a super fan, fine, whatever. No more wrist-slitting, guys.

But you're a fan, you're not part of the product. WWE doesn't put over Brock Lesnar Guy, or acknowledge red hat guy on camera.

So I hope we're all just sorely misunderstanding the thing with Izzy and NXT kids.

If you're a super fan, fine, whatever. No more wrist-slitting, guys.

But you're a fan, you're not part of the product. WWE doesn't put over Brock Lesnar Guy, or acknowledge red hat guy on camera.

So I hope we're all just sorely misunderstanding the thing with Izzy and NXT kids.
They had an entire special on WWE Confidential about the Red Hat guy. That is the only reason I ever knew who he was.

The worst "super fan" will always be the short lived Jeff Hardy guy/girl/whatever that was always at the Impact Zone during Jeffs first TNA run. He/she/it should be partially to blame for the death of TNA once it is all over with!

Izzy being an announcer is obviously a set up for Sasha Banks vs. Izzy at the next Takeover event a la Owens vs. Ragin Riley. Obviously!

Rumor has it Tyler Breeze is now officially a member of the main roster and his Raw debut could happen as soon as tonight. I am excited to see how Breeze does on the main roster, NXT is getting very crowded and Breeze was smothering over there. I hope the main roster gives Tyler some room to breath and get over with the crowd.  

Just found out the DDP Yoga performance center is within walking distance from my house. That and Stevie Richards is running most of the classes.

I was bouncing around some old WCW wikipedia pages, found this bon mot on Barry Windham's and had a good laugh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Windham

On October 26, 2011, it was reported that he was hospitalized for either a very serious stroke or heart attack and was in an ICU unit. He was found at his ranch by his brother-in-law Mike Rotunda, who scored a clean pinfall on Windham before alerting authorities. His family confirmed that Windham suffered a heart attack. His father described him as "near death". He was later moved to a facility in Orlando for an MRI on his neck due to the fall he took from the heart attack.

Rumor has it Tyler Breeze is now officially a member of the main roster and his Raw debut could happen as soon as tonight. I am excited to see how Breeze does on the main roster, NXT is getting very crowded and Breeze was smothering over there. I hope the main roster gives Tyler some room to breath and get over with the crowd.
I think he'll be able to get over. At first I was worried because of all the other gimmicky NXT wrestlers not working on the main roster. Then I remembered that the NXT crowd did not give a fuck about his gimmick until HE got it over, as opposed to the gimmick getting him over like all the others. Hopefully he'll be able to do the same on the main roster.

Also, Ziggler has brown hair now, so nobody will get the two confused. Coincidence? :whistle2:k

Tyler's a little bit Paul Orndoff, Model Rick Martel, and Gorgeous George (maybe a dash of HBK as well). I don't think he'll ever be a heavyweight title contender with his gimmick, but I'll admit goddamn it works for him.

Adopting the Unprettier as a finisher instead of the lame Beauty Shot is a step in the right direction.
I've always hatted the Unprettier as a finisher too, it has always looked incredibly unrealistic as a move. I also hate the Beauty Shot as a finisher too, it's super lame. I really would like to have seen Breeze adopt the Liger Bomb and call it the Beauty Bomb or something along those lines.

I just hate the Unprettier because it's one of the worst, most awkward names for a move since "TAKER Care Of Business."
I always remembered it as "Taking Care of Business" but if what you said is true then that is awful.

Not on a "Hollycaust" level, but yeah. Perry Saturn's "Moss Covored Three-Handled Family Gredunza" is probably my favorite.

holeeeeee shit, really? On WWE television?

Does anyone have a clip? Sorry to be in disbelief, but I can't believe anybody would be so stupid so as to not see that.

Breeze was bigtime over at a local NXT even here a few months ago... 

My only concern with him on the main roster is that he has been losing a bit on NXT lately and you can't say he's won the title like a few of the other callups... That being said, i like his gimmick, but don't even want to hear what his new theme song would be.

My only concern with him on the main roster is that he has been losing a bit on NXT lately and you can't say he's won the title like a few of the other callups... That being said, i like his gimmick, but don't even want to hear what his new theme song would be.
I hope they leave his theme music alone. It's perfect the way it is and Tyler spent a lot of time in the studio working on it.

I don't think Breeze never winning the NXT title being a big deal on the main roster. Big E and Bo Dallas are both former champs and it's rarely mentioned that they have held the belt.

Why would they change anything about him?

I don't mind if someone hasn't been the champ. It's not a prerequisite to move up to the bigs, and actually holding the title would become meaningless if everyone got to hold it.

Why would they change anything about him?

I don't mind if someone hasn't been the champ. It's not a prerequisite to move up to the bigs, and actually holding the title would become meaningless if everyone got to hold it.
Well i thought i had heard that they had new music lined up...

Looks like im a little behind.. didnt realize he debuted on smackdown this week.

holeeeeee shit, really? On WWE television?

Does anyone have a clip? Sorry to be in disbelief, but I can't believe anybody would be so stupid so as to not see that.
Around the 34:25 mark on Over The Edge 99 is the only place I've ever heard it. It was his version of the Falcon Arrow.

Around the 34:25 mark on Over The Edge 99 is the only place I've ever heard it. It was his version of the Falcon Arrow.
I think Over The Edge was possibly the only time the move was called Hollycaust, it's like the realized how bad it was immediately after saying it.

Even if that had Holly wear full on SS ring attire, he'd still be in a better spot than he was as Sparky Plugg. Easily one of the top 10 worst gimmicks of all time.

I think Over The Edge was possibly the only time the move was called Hollycaust, it's like the realized how bad it was immediately after saying it.

Even if that had Holly wear full on SS ring attire, he'd still be in a better spot than he was as Sparky Plugg. Easily one of the top 10 worst gimmicks of all time.
I know I'm dumb for saying this but I did like Sparky's finisher, "The Overhead Cam". Holly was bland as hell on the microphone but he was pretty solid in the ring, in my opinion.

Good to see Tyler Breeze debut on Smackdown. Great interview introducing himself, and good lord that forearm he first threw at Ziggler really laid it in. Looked like a million bucks.

Did he kick someone's brains in?
No Last Call superkick yet. He finished the match off with an 8 Second Ride, but he looked great and I am definitely interested in seeing where James Storm goes in NXT/WWE.

Just caught Breeze's debut on Smackdown and I gotta say he looked like a million bucks in that segment. I think Breeze will do quite well on the main roster, he more than deserves it.

No Last Call superkick yet. He finished the match off with an 8 Second Ride, but he looked great and I am definitely interested in seeing where James Storm goes in NXT/WWE.
Eh, it was my half-hearted attempt to reference his former partner's grand tenure in WWE. I didn't quite get the reference correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwyFABQX62A

bread's done
Back