Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Cruisers going to Smackdown is an interesting idea for the Kalisto/Kendrick match, although I can't see them doing it unless they do the rumored 3rd hour for Smackdown.

...god I hope they don't add a third hour to Smackdown.

Cruisers going to Smackdown is an interesting idea for the Kalisto/Kendrick match, although I can't see them doing it unless they do the rumored 3rd hour for Smackdown.

...god I hope they don't add a third hour to Smackdown.
perhaps this is the way they are going to handle having the 205live show. maybe have 1 or 2 singles matches on Smackdown then immediately following smackdown 205live runs on the network. this way it gets them off raw, puts only the top cruiserweight storyline matches on smackdown tv, and uses 205live to create/feature the rest.

I'm excited if Cruiserweights go to Tuesdays and only slightly less excited to possibly see Sami actually take the IC gold. That would make Tuesdays a clear cut winner for me.

Wrestlemania ticket party next Thursday night at Dr Phillips center for those in the area. TJP vs Andrade "main event" for the night.

Roman's refusal to change his Shield ring attire or entrance music screams of a guy who won't admit that his girlfriend left him.

Hey, let's sell kendo stick shots to the chest and back while I'm wearing a protective vest, excellent plan.

Just got an eamil for free network on my lapsed sub until February 1st 2017. Worth it to get rumble and since I don't pay anything until next year definitely worht it.

I am sad to say I dont actively watch NXT other than the Takeover specials. However, I really enjoy those because to me they really give off an old school WCW Clash of Champions vibe. Good solid "wrasslin" and each match tells its own story that you can get into regardless of whether you have been watching weekly or not.

Takeover Toronto was incredible. DIY vs The Revival is yet another MOTY candidate. Hell, I don't think there's been a Takeover that didn't feature at least one MOTY candidate.

I was really really into the Roode/Dillinger opener. Hot crowd, good fundamentals, the comedy was there but in a way I like (e.g., Roode begging off and Dillinger seeing "ten"), good false finishes. Huge fan of it.

Stoked for Survivor Series tonight, but I have class until 8:30, so I'll be a bit behind.

In honor of all the boos for Roman

romanreigns2_zpshzxffgel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So...
Luke Harper and Ellsworth were both under the ring
together then, yeah? That's adorable. I wonder what they were talking about under there. I found the subject of my new fanfic!

Well... I enjoyed it because it was completely unexpected. I'm also stoked that they ended the PPV at a reasonable hour so I could get to bed early. 

Not exaggerating, that was one of my favorite things in years.

Look - they were never going to properly build up someone as "the guy who beat the guy who ended the streak." It was never going to happen. No one they have could lived up to that.

The best thing they could do was a shock, and holy shit did they deliver on that. And in the process, delivered one of the best feel-good moments I've seen on a WWE PPV.

Assuming they'll do a rematch, or at least some kind of revenge thing at some point, which I honestly don't even want. But if that's the cost of getting what we got tonight, that's fine.

Overall, I enjoyed that Survivor Series. Only low point was really the Cruiserweight Title Match, but that's more so because of lackluster booking (both on Smackdown and especially on Raw's part).

And I hated the ending for Orton-Lesnar so much and they did a good trip teasing the same kinda Brock in this match, but instead pulled the rug under everyone and really just played to Goldberg's strength's. It also felt like a nice reset from super monster Brock now being put in his place so now he doesn't seem as near invincible anymore. Can't deny though that the young fan in me marked out when he was able to lift him up for the Jackhammer.

There's also no way that Ambrose can be a face now after tonight though, right?

Well... I enjoyed it because it was completely unexpected. I'm also stoked that they ended the PPV at a reasonable hour so I could get to bed early.
was not unexpected at the least to me. How can you have a match when i still say one was not cleared to fight.. Just make him to 2 spears and win the match... if we would had a real match we would have another warrior where he had a major heart attack the day after... i dont think bill was even cleared to fight look how much we was sweating just standing in the ring.. i say he has a heart condition...

wonder how many will demand a refund on cable

Is PPV even still a thing?

I remember when WWE used to mock boxing for having you wait all night long for a one minute main event. I would have been annoyed if PPV was still a thing and I paid $35 for that. But with the Network being so cheap its hard to get mad. Also why I watch the events after they are finished so I can skip through all the filler matches.

The whole of Survivor Series was a series of slaps to the face. Women's match was ok, everything else was stupid. The IC and Cruiserweight matches were fine but had joke endings. Rumor that Miz only got the belt to balance the show, ffs Ziggler/Sami could have been match of the night.

"That man is clearly dying, I want my money back!"

...is that how I understand you correctly?

They advertised Goldberg/Lesnar and they gave you Goldberg/Lesnar. They are under no obligation to give you X minutes of a match or else it's free.

"That man is clearly dying, I want my money back!"

...is that how I understand you correctly?

They advertised Goldberg/Lesnar and they gave you Goldberg/Lesnar. They are under no obligation to give you X minutes of a match or else it's free.
Ugh, this guy is back...

Again with the quoting stuff that wasnt ever said. If I translated him correctly he said that he looked out of breathe and sweating and would guess he has a heart condition. Then he wondered how many people would have wanted a refund. I know you like to bully slidecage, but at least do so for stuff he actually said.

With that short match, maybe they should have not had it be the main event. It was more of a special attraction as is. Have that and then put the Raw vs Smackdown! elimination match on.

I turned off Survivor Series right before Goldberg vs Brock. I was never a fan of Goldberg and had a feeling I wouldn't care for the match. Boy was I right, it was the WWE giving someone who is never around the limelight. I do feel bad for any person who bought the PPV. Glad I have the network. But hey much respect to Brock Lesnar who is willing to Lose although he probably never should.

The irony of claiming Lesnar should not lose to a part timer and yet this same part timer who didn't need a rub ended Undertaker's WM streak is delicious to me.  If this means that cyborg Lesnar is 1000% dead then last night was a good night, that shit was awful from the beginning.  

Sounds like a typical Goldberg squash match to me. It's also not surprising since he had some kind of injury and hasn't wrestled in a long time. I'm more disappointed that this probably means he will still be around - which means I'm still not watching Raw.

Smackdown, meanwhile, has been very good. Very interested in seeing what they do with cruiserweights there.

According to the internets it had nothing to do with an injury and everything to do with him signing on to be in the Rumble and WWE wanting a way to put an end to unstoppable Brock.

Look, I don't ask for much. But can we please get fat and old Demolition to appear on Raw just one time to stop the apparently turning heel New Day's reign with just days left before the record is broken?

I just want to hear that music on Raw one time.

Not putting the cruiserweights on Smackdown was a total waste, especially with Live 205 airing soon. 

I don't get this constant IC title reign with Miz, seriously. 

Side-note: I swear they are hot-shotting the Women's title from Charlotte and back so she can eventually be a 16-time Women's Champion.

This whole Ellsworth angle better have a payoff of him turning on Ambrose and costing him the win at TLC. Something along the lines of him respecting AJ for actually bringing him in to Smackdown and giving him that first chance and resenting Dean for constantly getting him beat up, then not allowing him to show he could do things on his own and always having to interfere and steal his spotlight. That is honestly the only logical booking option here. 

Wait, this is WWE. Logical booking ended when they stopped planning out shit a year in advance. Say what you want about the over the top character era of the 80s and 90s, you have to admit that the vast majority of the storylines were well booked and executed.  The only hope that there will be a decent payoff is that this shit is happening on Smackdown because bookingwise it has been the more solid of the two shows.

This whole Ellsworth angle better have a payoff of him turning on Ambrose and costing him the win at TLC. Something along the lines of him respecting AJ for actually bringing him in to Smackdown and giving him that first chance and resenting Dean for constantly getting him beat up, then not allowing him to show he could do things on his own and always having to interfere and steal his spotlight. That is honestly the only logical booking option here.

Wait, this is WWE. Logical booking ended when they stopped planning out shit a year in advance. Say what you want about the over the top character era of the 80s and 90s, you have to admit that the vast majority of the storylines were well booked and executed. The only hope that there will be a decent payoff is that this shit is happening on Smackdown because bookingwise it has been the more solid of the two shows.
The "vast majority of the storylines were well booked and executed" because they also only had 4 PPVs per year, maybe a syndicated WWF Superstars show here and there, and who knows what else to work with at the time. Things had time to develop. Nothing was rushed, because it didn't HAVE to be rushed. They didn't need to showcase Hogan, Warrior, Savage, etc on every single [syndication] show. With the copious amount of hours of WWE television that's thrust upon us, it's like they feel the need to shove certain guys into at least one segment every single week, and things tend to get stale. Plus, there's only so much you can do to be "original"....

Anyone watching Raw? Got preoccupied with something and missed the first 30 minutes. Next Raw ppv is some weeks away, so probably nothing important. Tuned into Braun, kinda boring, don't really see what others see in him. Waste of Sami imo, but he might be talented in ways I can't see. Not trying to step on anyone's preferred wrestlers here.

Not watching Raw since "Bill" is around, but it sounds like Roman and Rusev are still going at it months later; that feud really needs to end.  Braun wasn't doing much for me; I would have rather seen Nia Jax continue dominating wrestlers every week instead.

Cruiserweights were fun to watch. I don't understand why people were chanting "boring" during it. I liked TJ Perkins; were people butthurt that he won the CWC instead of someone else?  Is that why Kendrick has the belt now?

Are you watching Smackdown, BlackRockWaifu?

Yeah, I watch Smackdown, I also invest a lot more into it than Raw too since I think SD is better and Styles became one of my favorite wrestlers.

I think the Rusev and Roman thing ended, since Roman is starting to get into the main event picture again.

Yeah, I kinda like Nia Jax too, but think her potential isn't fully met yet.

I love the crusierweights, especially TJP, such a fun guy to watch in the ring. I don't know if he gets actual heat, I doubt many would like Kendrick over him, but it's probably because he's still really new. Rich Swan is awesome though.

I might tune into 205 live this week, but I haven't even been catching up with NXT, so it might not last for me.

Sasha vs Charlotte is next, so that's something to look out for. I have some strong opinions on the matter though, and think they are hogging the women's division, would love to see more Bayley.

Ugh, Roman wins again... Now he's main eventing Roadblock against Owens... And it's for the Universal title too. Wtf is with these pushes. This is why I vastly prefer Smackdown.

And watch New Day retain by cheating again, and another back and forth with Sasha and Charlotte.

Sorry if I seem to be spamming here, just wanted to give a few thoughts about this Raw. This match between Sasha and Charlotte is pretty crazy and brutal. They really deserve to be on top.

bread's done
Back