PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on Mind Zero? I see reviews say it is a cheap Persona clone, which I think I would be okay with.
It's not. It got that reputation because it has a similar art style, but really? It's quite different. I platinum'd it and had fun doing so, and though it's far from perfect, it's far better than some suggest. Just don't go in expecting Persona, because it doesn't even try to be like Persona (and I think people expecting that are the ones who hated it).

It's a servicable drpg (dungeon crawler) that's quite bland in some ways, but has an interesting combat system. Combat system is very different than most, and ends up being quite tactical. A lot of other game aspects (lewt, dungeon textures, etc) are quite bland and boring.

There are a lot of better drpgs out there, but if you're looking for something to pass time and you already beat those, this one's servicable. just don't expect persona, and don't expect to be blown away by anything.

Unfortunately that's the older version of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, and while a perfectly good game, doesn't include the extra content that is in Chrono Phantasma Extend.  I'm watching for that newer version to go down in price on the Vita, but so far it hasn't budged much.

It's not. It got that reputation because it has a similar art style, but really? It's quite different. I platinum'd it and had fun doing so, and though it's far from perfect, it's far better than some suggest. Just don't go in expecting Persona, because it doesn't even try to be like Persona (and I think people expecting that are the ones who hated it).

It's a servicable drpg (dungeon crawler) that's quite bland in some ways, but has an interesting combat system. Combat system is very different than most, and ends up being quite tactical. A lot of other game aspects (lewt, dungeon textures, etc) are quite bland and boring.

There are a lot of better drpgs out there, but if you're looking for something to pass time and you already beat those, this one's servicable. just don't expect persona, and don't expect to be blown away by anything.
Thanks affa, decided against picking it up. Will save this money and put it towards Trials.

Unfortunately that's the older version of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, and while a perfectly good game, doesn't include the extra content that is in Chrono Phantasma Extend. I'm watching for that newer version to go down in price on the Vita, but so far it hasn't budged much.
There's already another version coming out past phantasma extend btw, Central Fiction this year

There's already another version coming out past phantasma extend btw, Central Fiction this year
Central Fiction comes out in Japan Arcades 2015. We probably won't see a Console/Vita Port until Late 2016 and we'll probably get it in Early 2017 (we could get it earlier if we're lucky though)

Rebirth 3 has had a known issue with defective copies, so selling it sealed might be a little rash.
might just keep it and play it doubt i can get it again for 20. used a 25 coupon from gamestop got for 7 and then aid another 15 credit

:vita: Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God Limited Edition - $19.88 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FFHEZUE/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1443656401&shipPromoFilter=1&sr=1-109

Finally jumped on it and got myself a new bib :whee:

Nice, looks like it dropped again, now I need to buy a vita
I've been watching this the past few days, and it was ~$24 back on Saturday or Sunday. It's been steadily dropping, but I finally put in an order as well. I enjoyed the four or so hours I played when I had it a year or so ago.

Any thoughts on Mind Zero? I see reviews say it is a cheap Persona clone, which I think I would be okay with.
I wanted to throw in my own two cents here:

I got it right at launch for $27 on PSN (that's how confident they were in the game) and still haven't bothered to finish it.

First off: Don't bother if you have a PSTV. You get to a point late in the game where the screen has to be rubbed to activate a switch. I got fed up, transferred my save to PS Vita, and flipped the switch there. The simulated touchscreen does not work for any rubbing motions. There are several other interactions I didn't have too much trouble with.

I actually think the dungeons had some great themes, and they even changed going up the different floors. The most notable one is the second dungeon where it starts off walking along a road, ending up in a shopping center, then going inside to higher floors. Each dungeon theme seems to be repeated once, but the color and texture changes keep it fresh.

Gameplay is kinda dull though. Their MIND (Persona) are on an on/off switch and there's no reason to ever turn them off aside from one or two enemies that resist the damage done by them. There's even a menu option to have them start off battle with MINDs on. There's three gauges TP, SP, and HP. SP is the MIND's health bar and regenerates each mission, and they use TP&HP to perform skills. TP is gained through using normal attacks. Skills are handled through a card system and have to be leveled up with items. I still haven't gotten some of them towards the end of the game and completing all side missions.

My own take on the story is that it was a Persona fan-fiction to begin with. They use the same Jungian psychology as Persona, their powers are granted after being sent to a weapons shop between dimensions, and they have other selves. It also doesn't help that the English dub pretty much has Persona VAs for each character (Not-Chie and Not-Yosuke are the first two party members.) They go a different direction than Persona though. There's no exploration of the true self and instead they meet up with a private detective to try to figure out what's happening and why the Government is involved.

Sorcery Saga is charming and fun enough. There are two things that hold it back though; Kuu is annoying as fuck and a generally awful dungeon partner, and the dungeons are tedious as hell to get through. By that I mean they just take a lot of time. Slow movement, and loading screens between every floor.

I actually think the dungeons had some great themes, and they even changed going up the different floors. The most notable one is the second dungeon where it starts off walking along a road, ending up in a shopping center, then going inside to higher floors. Each dungeon theme seems to be repeated once, but the color and texture changes keep it fresh.

Gameplay is kinda dull though. Their MIND (Persona) are on an on/off switch and there's no reason to ever turn them off aside from one or two enemies that resist the damage done by them. There's even a menu option to have them start off battle with MINDs on. There's three gauges TP, SP, and HP. SP is the MIND's health bar and regenerates each mission, and they use TP&HP to perform skills. TP is gained through using normal attacks. Skills are handled through a card system and have to be leveled up with items. I still haven't gotten some of them towards the end of the game and completing all side missions.
I liked some of the dungeon 'themes', like the movie theatre, I just thought they were badly designed. You don't see decent dungeon design till the post game dungeon.

As for combat, I played on 'difficult'. This is hard enough that you are constantly switching in and out of demon form, especially during boss/subboss battles. There were some where'd i'd have two team members knocked out, the third on the ropes, and I'd slowly recover through careful defense/tactics. So it sounds like the game was better/improved on difficult. The TP/SP/HP system was my absolute favorite thing about the game, because unlike most games (attack/attack/attack/heal) I was constantly switching forms and tactics just to survive.

Returning to a dungeon later (for a quest or whatever), though, was nice because by that point you'd be overpowered and could autobattle superfast through everything. So it was quite nicely balanced on 'hard'.

If anyone snagged extra copies of both Gaidens I have a sealed copy of Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls I'm willing to trade for them
I do. Sigma Plus has a small puncture on the front and there is a small crease on the back of Sigma Plus 2 (I don't know if this one affected the insert).

I've been able to amass roughly 70 hard copy vita games within the last 6 months through various outlets BB, gamestop, Target, Amazon, estarland, and especially ebay on average for 10 or less other than DBZ and the few collector editions through NISA.

But it seems everyone has caught on the potential rarity of the vita in the near future and I've seen prices begin to increase , roughly 20-40%.
attachicon.gif
2015-09-11%2022.49.49.jpg
I still need to find some list of all the north american releases so I can figure out which ones I am missing.

OsCxwvF.jpg

Got my copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Vita from Play-Asia. Was really disappointed it had a huge update of 867MB after installation. But I guess that is better the the 2.8GB Digital version plus the update. I had to remove a bunch of small games from my 32GB card. Its so hard to choose sometimes, but I will also need space for Super Meat Boy next week.

Now I am just waiting for my copies of Samurai Warriors 4-II to ship and my copy of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (AU) to arrive.

I still need to find some list of all the north american releases so I can figure out which ones I am missing.

OsCxwvF.jpg
That's a pretty good start towards a complete NA set.

I've been working to piece together a complete physical list as well. By my count, there are roughly 205 physical titles, but my count includes 1) upcoming releases, and 2) physical English releases from Europe and Japan/Asia as well.

EDIT - I just looked at my list and realized it includes some physical non-English Japan/Asia titles as well, so the number should actually be 15-20 south of that 205 I mentioned.

Finally walked into my closest target yesterday...  Didn't buy anything

There are another 6 targets within 20 minutes of my house too.

If anyone has either of the Raymans or Tearaway to trade I could go pick something up for you.
Else I'll just get them at the next B2G1 Gamestop sale, or when GS does their inevitable Vita clearance.
Recollecting prices from memory, but mostly 9 or 12 as I recall.

Angry Birds Star Wars $6

Borderlands 2 $12

AssCreed Liberation $9

Wolf Among Us $9

Dungeon Hunter $9

Lego Marvel (unmarked)

Chima something

maybe one more title I cannot recall

PSP  Mostly $3 a game?

Probably 10 double packs, noted Socom in one of them.

Another 10 individual titles, noted Hot Shots Golf, Daxter, MGS Peacewalker, among others

Should have taken a picture, but I was in a rush.

They had another endcap with unshelled games for 3DS/360/ps3/ps4/XBone all unmarked pricing.

Not sure if these are already on clearance or might be next week.  Some interesting things in that pile though.

They also had Day One COD:AW at $42, would be nice to see that hit 70% off

Got my copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Vita from Play-Asia.
Hows the actual game?

My copy arrived yesterday, but I haven't had time to try it yet. My 64GB card is almost full, but I've got about 5-6 gigs left, but with all the digital games coming over the next 6-12 months, I'm going to have problems sooner, rather than later. Damn Sony and these stupid ass memory cards, where is the 128?

Hows the actual game?

My copy arrived yesterday, but I haven't had time to try it yet. My 64GB card is almost full, but I've got about 5-6 gigs left, but with all the digital games coming over the next 6-12 months, I'm going to have problems sooner, rather than later. Damn Sony and these stupid ass memory cards, where is the 128?
I didn't get a chance to play it last night but I plan on trying it today. I just installed an updated it before bed.

I thought it was cool it actually came with a manual with button layout diagram.

I think I responded to everyone who wanted the copy of NGS2 I picked up for people here...

but just in case, Bumslie was first to respond and has secured/paid for it so it's officially gone.

I'll eventually be back at target.  Last time they had tons of DOA, a Rayman, some SFvTekken, 1 Dungeon Hunter Alliance, MLB2015, 1 MLB 2013 (if you're a completionist I guess), some AC:Libs, and... I guess that's it.   Maybe a Marvel v capcom, not sure.  Prices ranged from $6 to $9 iirc.   If anyone is desperately looking for one, lmk and I'll grab it -if- I get back to Target before they're sold out.   (They had like 10 copies of DOA so at least some will last for a bit).

I own all the ones I want above digitally and don't collect, so it's all just passing it on to you guys.  Not trying to make a profit on any, as Bumslie will attest.

OsCxwvF.jpg
As far as I can tell, you have two of the hardest to get vita games.

Disgaea 4 (CE or not) was almost out of stock online, last week was over $100 (but as of now is sitting at $70)

Retro City Rampage, the Highest Dollar to megabyte Vita game of all time. (The official website is sold out, but it's a tiny digital game that is cheap.)

As for things your missing... I see that you have DanganRonpa 2 CE, but not Danganronpa 1, or the recent DanganRonpa UDG (1.5)

I didn't get a chance to play it last night but I plan on trying it today. I just installed an updated it before bed.

I thought it was cool it actually came with a manual with button layout diagram.
Yeah, I just opened mine, and that manual is pretty cool. It's sad when a little leaflet like this is cause for celebration. Damn I miss those full color(and even the blk/wht ones)manuals from my child hood. I guess physical games will be the next thing to go uh? I might be retiring from games at some point in the upcoming years, as the future doesn't look good for gaming(at least what I know and love).

That's a pretty good start towards a complete NA set.

I've been working to piece together a complete physical list as well. By my count, there are roughly 205 physical titles, but my count includes 1) upcoming releases, and 2) physical English releases from Europe and Japan/Asia as well.

EDIT - I just looked at my list and realized it includes some physical non-English Japan/Asia titles as well, so the number should actually be 15-20 south of that 205 I mentioned.
As of today, there are 134 physical "cart" released titles for North America for the Vita. This does not count standard and CE editions as separate releases, and it also does not count "Physical-HAHA-just-kidding-it's-just-a-code-in-a-box" releases such as MLB 15 and Minecraft.

As of today, there are 134 physical "cart" released titles for North America for the Vita. This does not count standard and CE editions as separate releases, and it also does not count "Physical-HAHA-just-kidding-it's-just-a-code-in-a-box" releases such as MLB 15 and Minecraft.
Is there a good list? I looked on wiki but it has everything in it and hard to sort through it.

Is there a good list? I looked on wiki but it has everything in it and hard to sort through it.
I second this!

I was trying to find Physical US Carts and that list on the wiki would take a me a week to figure this all out.... I was also trying to figure out full releases that are digital only in us as well.... the struggle continues :(

bread's done
Back