PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my current VITA collection

6a00d8341c464853ef019aff472c9e970b.jpg
WTF Neo? I totally took you for a Vita owner/collector. Guess I'm wrong. And you're doing it wrong.

:-({|= :nottalking:

Is there a good list? I looked on wiki but it has everything in it and hard to sort through it.
I second this!

I was trying to find Physical US Carts and that list on the wiki would take a me a week to figure this all out.... I was also trying to figure out full releases that are digital only in us as well.... the struggle continues :(
Gamefaqs is easily the best resource for this. As much of a pain in the ass the admins can be sometimes, they still do a great job of keeping their database accurate and updated quickly. Do a platform search with the correct filters on, and you have a list to work with: http://www.gamefaqs.com/search?platform=117&game=&mobile=1&dlc=1&contrib=0&rating=0&genre=0&region=1&date=0&developer=&publisher=&dist=1&sort=4&link=0&res=1&title=0&adv=1

Search results are 50 per page. The only limitation here is knowing that you should not count "Playstation Vita" (which is a listing for the system itself) and the two retail releases that did not include carts in the box (MLB 15 The Show and Minecraft).

Hows the actual game?
So I played Resident Evil Revelations 2 a little during my lunch hour at work and I think it controls and plays well. The character models look good. I think the environments are a little dull but the first level is a prison. The initial load into the first episode did take a while but after that any other loading screen was not as bad. I had one problem with the frame rate during the trash compactor area in the prison but it seems to hold up pretty well. Overall I think this is another example of how impressive it is to get a large scale game like this running on the vita and i wish they would do more of it.

Same, for handhelds I prefer digital, especially now when the carts are so tiny and easy to lose.
I was entirely digital on Vita (aside from two or three games I got when I got the system) but now have 15-20 physical games because of all the cheap stuff at GS, BBY, and Target.

As far as I can tell, you have two of the hardest to get vita games.

Disgaea 4 (CE or not) was almost out of stock online, last week was over $100 (but as of now is sitting at $70)

Retro City Rampage, the Highest Dollar to megabyte Vita game of all time. (The official website is sold out, but it's a tiny digital game that is cheap.)

As for things your missing... I see that you have DanganRonpa 2 CE, but not Danganronpa 1, or the recent DanganRonpa UDG (1.5)
HtoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary ???

The hardest (most expensive games to get currently) just to have the game and case would be Ar Nosurge, DJ Max, Htol # Niq, and retro city rampage.

You then have games like Supremacy MMA that were out of print relatively close to when they came out.

And as said, as of now there are 134 games with cases and 136 cases (minecraft and MLB) that exist for north America as of 10/1. I keep a personal list and am currently at 132/136

I second this!

I was trying to find Physical US Carts and that list on the wiki would take a me a week to figure this all out.... I was also trying to figure out full releases that are digital only in us as well.... the struggle continues :(
There are a bunch of digital only games that got physical releases in other countries. Japan got all of the Aetilier games on card. EU got new little kings story, epic mickey 2, a bunch of rugby games and racing games, muppets, etc

What I have. I don't plan on having a large Vita Collection, just the ones I find remotely interesting and would actually play. I need to get more of dem Japanese Niche Games though.

Had no idea that there was a game called "Moe Chronicle" but it's name sure seems accurate from the screenshots.
I buy Import Titles too. The ones that are in English I put in with the rest while I keep the JPN Imports all the way to side. I would have Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment in the pic but damn USPS lost it.

JPN Games I have: Mobile Suit Gundam Battle SEED Destiny, Exstetra, Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit , Dream Club Zero Portable, Utakumi 575

I don't consider myself a collector by any means. I see it as a alternative to keeping myself out of any kind of legal or financial trouble by throwing money away on alcohol, women or other non monetary activities. Don't get me wrong I'll buy a 6 pack of Budweiser every so often but if you work your life without a small reward, then what's the purpose of living[attachment=17392:IMG_20151001_175733.jpg]

I don't consider myself a collector by any means. I see it as a alternative to keeping myself out of any kind of legal or financial trouble by throwing money away on alcohol, women or other non monetary activities. Don't get me wrong I'll buy a 6 pack of Budweiser every so often but if you work your life without a small reward, then what's the purpose of living IMG_20151001_175733.jpg
Don't worry, Budweiser doesn't count. It's closer to bottled water than it is to alcohol.

The hardest (most expensive games to get currently) just to have the game and case would be Ar Nosurge, DJ Max, Htol # Niq, and retro city rampage.

You then have games like Supremacy MMA that were out of print relatively close to when they came out.

And as said, as of now there are 134 games with cases and 136 cases (minecraft and MLB) that exist for north America as of 10/1. I keep a personal list and am currently at 132/136
Glad I have those out of the way, but there are a lot of hard to find or uncommon Vita games. Only going to be more added to the list and those will get harder to find outside of eBay.

Glad I have those out of the way, but there are a lot of hard to find or uncommon Vita games. Only going to be more added to the list and those will get harder to find outside of eBay.
Getting an English Copy of Oreshika is going to be a hard journey for anyone interested in it.

I haven't even heard of this but the gifs are delightful. Wonder if they'll ever bring it here since the Miku games seem to be doing decent enough.
It's never going to come state side due to the immense amount of licensing needed to bring it over (dozens of artists, etc). Not worth the hassle to them.

It's better to import it. It's Import Friendly. :D

The fact that your copy of Moe Chronicles says English version and my title is in Chinese worries me. It says voice japanese subtitle english and chinese and manual English and Chinese. Is this the same for yours? I bought it while in Hong Kong from Play Asia's store front.

Edit: Is the cover reversible?

Having to pay cash, plus a premium instead of getting it cheaply, having to reference anything in Japanese (though I do realize this is mostly English text) makes importing something I really don't see myself bothering with (in general not just this instance). It's not like I'm hurting for games to play even if it looks decent.

The fact that your copy of Moe Chronicles says English version and my title is in Chinese worries me. It says voice japanese subtitle english and chinese and manual English and Chinese. Is this the same for yours? I bought it while in Hong Kong from Play Asia's store front.

Edit: Is the cover reversible?
Side Bar is in English. The Front is in Chinese and English. The back says Subtitle: Chinese and English / Manual: Chinese and English.

I bought mine from Play Asia.com and I haven't opened it yet to see if it has a reversible cover.

Having to pay cash, plus a premium instead of getting it cheaply, having to reference anything in Japanese (though I do realize this is mostly English text) makes importing something I really don't see myself bothering with (in general not just this instance). It's not like I'm hurting for games to play even if it looks decent.
It's cheaper on amiami.com.

Only games I'm missing currently are 3 I'm not willing to pay for and P4 dancing all night because Im waiting to buy that one in a few weeks

With the way that kickstarter is going, I wouldn't be shocked if games that are put out through there are hard to come by. Pretty much the only reason that I backed Bloodstained was even though the vita version cost $60, if I waited I doubt it would ever be cheaper than that

Also luckily I don't care much about Asian English games like re revelations, sword art online, oreshika, etc so I don't need to bother getting those

Ar Nosurge is already out of stock again... that sucks
It was out of stock less than 10 minutes after the post. I had actually checked the site late this afternoon and was out of stock. I check the site regularly, as I have seen it come back in stock briefly twice. Neither time was I able to order it in time.

Only games I'm missing currently are 3 I'm not willing to pay for and P4 dancing all night because Im waiting to buy that one in a few weeks

With the way that kickstarter is going, I wouldn't be shocked if games that are put out through there are hard to come by. Pretty much the only reason that I backed Bloodstained was even though the vita version cost $60, if I waited I doubt it would ever be cheaper than that

Also luckily I don't care much about Asian English games like re revelations, sword art online, oreshika, etc so I don't need to bother getting those
Yea, I'm only going NTSC North American releases. I'm not close to a complete set, and not sure I'll try for one, but I do have 50 titles including all of the tough ones like Ar No Surge, Retro City Rampage, Firefly Diaries, Supremacy MMA, DJ Maxx, etc... I'll continue getting tHe better titles and hard to find titles and maybe at some point decide to pick up the rest.

Went to target for all those that asked, and despite there being 10+ copies of DOA only a few days ago, it's been cleared out.  

I was wondering what you guys thought of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition.  The collector in me want to track down the rpgs and other unusual games for the vita.  This definitely seemed unusual.  I got a $10 gamestop coupon, so I'm trying to decide if I should buy that, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2, or maybe Tales of Hearts R.

I was wondering what you guys thought of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. The collector in me want to track down the rpgs and other unusual games for the vita. This definitely seemed unusual. I got a $10 gamestop coupon, so I'm trying to decide if I should buy that, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2, or maybe Tales of Hearts R.
The "Limited Edition" of Shinovi Versus was supposed to be a limited physical run of the game. It's still available on Amazon and gutted in most Gamestops. There's a reason the Senran Kagura 2 special edition was just a CD in North America and Preorder only in Europe.

As far as Neptunia goes, the first one was limited to 1000 because they included an 8-Bit Neptune keychain. All the later releases seem to be stuff that is easily reproducible like CDs or artbooks. They did run a limited edition Noire figure for Hyperdevotion Noire, but that was a separate purchase.

I've been working my way through the Vita version of Child of Light after I found a used but fully intact copy at GS. I thought I would never be able to get into a turn-based RPG (never been interested in the past) but Child of Light's art style and simplicity drew me into trying.

Looks like alot of you guys are pretty seasoned with the RPG's....what would be good to play next? Any suggestions? Looking for something with an engaging story but I'm not ready to dive into extremely complicated rpg mechanics quite yet.

bread's done
Back