PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working my way through the Vita version of Child of Light after I found a used but fully intact copy at GS. I thought I would never be able to get into a turn-based RPG (never been interested in the past) but Child of Light's art style and simplicity drew me into trying.

Looks like alot of you guys are pretty seasoned with the RPG's....what would be good to play next? Any suggestions? Looking for something with an engaging story but I'm not ready to dive into extremely complicated rpg mechanics quite yet.
As far as simple PS Vita rpgs go, Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy X are decent ones to start off with. And it so happens to be that they're both relatively affordable and easy to come by.

I've been working my way through the Vita version of Child of Light after I found a used but fully intact copy at GS. I thought I would never be able to get into a turn-based RPG (never been interested in the past) but Child of Light's art style and simplicity drew me into trying.

Looks like alot of you guys are pretty seasoned with the RPG's....what would be good to play next? Any suggestions? Looking for something with an engaging story but I'm not ready to dive into extremely complicated rpg mechanics quite yet.
Are you willing to play ps1/psp games? Or do you want to stick to native vita games?

to anyone looking for a decent checklist, id reccomend this:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/checklists.php?ID=U-189;style=printer;showall=1

they say they update it daily. looks to be the most complete ive found and have been filling out my collection with it.

some of these games on my amazon wishlist are a mega pain in the ass to acquire though. and there are at least a dozen that i really want to play but there are a couple of different versions and im not sure which would be the right one to grab (phantasy star nova, ar nosurge, moe chronicle, ciel nosurge, gundam breaker, and a few others mentioned here.)

Damnit.. seriously. Just fuck Gamestop. Ordered Mind Zero about a week ago when it was $21. Figured id just price adjust it now that it was $15. Well copy came in the other day and its a friggin opened copy with stickers all over it and a seal sticker on the side. So now theyre selling their used gut copys as new online too?

I guess im returning it but it looks like its gone online so i cant get another.

Did anyone here still not get their US Steins Gate LE from Rice? I never got a shipping confirmation like I usually do, and when I contacted them, they said they had made some warehouse changes, and that orders had been shipped out by UPS on the 10th(but notices may or may not have been sent). Of course mine never arrived, so I think it never shipped.

I actually get notices from UPS as soon as my address hits their system, and I never got that from UPS. Rice is sending me a replacement, but its the UK version, as they sold out of the US one, and apparently don't hold stock for fuck ups.

So did anyone here never get a shipping notice, but your order still arrived(or hasn't yet)? I'm hoping my original order is still out there somewhere, but it's looking doubtful. UPS shipping never takes this long to arrive.
I actually dont recall getting a shipping notification until it arrived. I got a delivery comfirmation email

Yeah, I just opened mine, and that manual is pretty cool. It's sad when a little leaflet like this is cause for celebration. Damn I miss those full color(and even the blk/wht ones)manuals from my child hood. I guess physical games will be the next thing to go uh? I might be retiring from games at some point in the upcoming years, as the future doesn't look good for gaming(at least what I know and love).
This is pretty much exactly how i feel. Its my understandin that in JP and EU some games still come with manuals. I guess just fuck us here in the US

I don't consider myself a collector by any means. I see it as a alternative to keeping myself out of any kind of legal or financial trouble by throwing money away on alcohol, women or other non monetary activities. Don't get me wrong I'll buy a 6 pack of Budweiser every so often but if you work your life without a small reward, then what's the purpose of living
attachicon.gif
IMG_20151001_175733.jpg
hmmm picture is so blurry i cant see any of the labels

they say they update it daily. looks to be the most complete ive found and have been filling out my collection with it.
some of these games on my amazon wishlist are a mega pain in the ass to acquire though. and there are at least a dozen that i really want to play but there are a couple of different versions and im not sure which would be the right one to grab (phantasy star nova, ar nosurge, moe chronicle, ciel nosurge, gundam breaker, and a few others mentioned here.)
There are multiple games on that list with no physical release like Fruit Ninja, Fez, and Murasaki Baby

I think I responded to everyone who wanted the copy of NGS2 I picked up for people here...
but just in case, Bumslie was first to respond and has secured/paid for it so it's officially gone.

I'll eventually be back at target. Last time they had tons of DOA, a Rayman, some SFvTekken, 1 Dungeon Hunter Alliance, MLB2015, 1 MLB 2013 (if you're a completionist I guess), some AC:Libs, and... I guess that's it. Maybe a Marvel v capcom, not sure. Prices ranged from $6 to $9 iirc. If anyone is desperately looking for one, lmk and I'll grab it -if- I get back to Target before they're sold out. (They had like 10 copies of DOA so at least some will last for a bit).

I own all the ones I want above digitally and don't collect, so it's all just passing it on to you guys. Not trying to make a profit on any, as Bumslie will attest.
affa thanks again for helping me out finding a copy of NGS2. I didn't think I would get one from Target clearance especially at cost plus shipping. affa isn't out for a profit which is rare on this site.

Damnit.. seriously. Just fuck Gamestop. Ordered Mind Zero about a week ago when it was $21. Figured id just price adjust it now that it was $15. Well copy came in the other day and its a friggin opened copy with stickers all over it and a seal sticker on the side. So now theyre selling their used gut copys as new online too?

I guess im returning it but it looks like its gone online so i cant get another.

I actually dont recall getting a shipping notification until it arrived. I got a delivery comfirmation email

This is pretty much exactly how i feel. Its my understandin that in JP and EU some games still come with manuals. I guess just fuck us here in the US

How about these pics. It's 5 rows of vita games 17 games high. Even if you were to subtract the Minecraft case (I'm using MLB 15 as a temporary assassin creed liberation case) that's 84 physical games.

[attachment=17399:IMG_20151002_044303.jpg][attachment=17398:IMG_20151002_044255.jpg][attachment=17397:IMG_20151002_044247.jpg]

affa thanks again for helping me out finding a copy of NGS2. I didn't think I would get one from Target clearance especially at cost plus shipping. affa isn't out for a profit which is rare on this site.

I'm still hoping to find copies of both Gaidens myself if anyone happens to have extras. I'm willing to trade a sealed Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls for the two of them, or just pay.

Gamestop has been doing this a lot recently. I mentioned it on CAG (in this thread I believe). I had always ordered online to ensure I got a sealed copy and not a gutted copy, but that no longer is the case.

The best thing to do, is check and see if Amazon is price matching. If they aren't, submit the price and maybe post in here asking others to submit it to Amazon. Hopefully then we can at least get a sealed copy for the price Gamestop shows.

How about these pics. It's 5 rows of vita games 17 games high. Even if you were to subtract the Minecraft case (I'm using MLB 15 as a temporary assassin creed liberation case) that's 84 physical games.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20151002_044303.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20151002_044255.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20151002_044247.jpg
it looks just fine dude , btw my friend bought her vita for 20 bucks on amazon so when your ready to start organizing a deal on the vita games that you got from target just message me back. I already sent ya a message.

My Jet order of Akiba's Trip shipped (fulfilled by Newegg). Very nice for $12.

I set up a new account under my dad and used the $15 off $35 code 15BUCKSNOW to order Senran Kagura LE for $24. Hopefully Jet doesn't care that we have the same shipping address.

I'm still hoping to find copies of both Gaidens myself if anyone happens to have extras. I'm willing to trade a sealed Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls for the two of them, or just pay.
i have both of the ninja gaidens for trade, just not looking for those anime games.

maybe you have something im looking for on my trade list

Gamestop has been doing this a lot recently. I mentioned it on CAG (in this thread I believe). I had always ordered online to ensure I got a sealed copy and not a gutted copy, but that no longer is the case.

The best thing to do, is check and see if Amazon is price matching. If they aren't, submit the price and maybe post in here asking others to submit it to Amazon. Hopefully then we can at least get a sealed copy for the price Gamestop shows.
Pretty much. Failing an Amazon price match, my personal standard operating procedure with G$ online orders (both new and used) is to always order 3 copies of whatever I'm ordering (provided they have enough in stock). Going that route I usually end up with at least one complete copy in good shape for used titles and a legit sealed copy for new games. Then I just return all the extras in-store the next time I'm out and about. Since everything is ordered with a CC, going this route doesn't actually cost me anything out of pocket above and beyond the one copy I actually want.

Pretty much. Failing an Amazon price match, my personal standard operating procedure with G$ online orders (both new and used) is to always order 3 copies of whatever I'm ordering (provided they have enough in stock). Going that route I usually end up with at least one complete copy in good shape for used titles and a legit sealed copy for new games. Then I just return all the extras in-store the next time I'm out and about. Since everything is ordered with a CC, going this route doesn't actually cost me anything out of pocket above and beyond the one copy I actually want.
Hmmm....I've done that on used games hoping to get a complete copy, but didn't think it would do much good on new games. You've had pretty good luck on new ones that way? May have to try that.

I set up a new account under my dad and used the $15 off $35 code 15BUCKSNOW to order Senran Kagura LE for $24. Hopefully Jet doesn't care that we have the same shipping address.
Glad you posted this. Been waiting to order Senran Kagura LE since that's the lowest I've seen it.

Thank you I just ordered it for $24 I would say it's worth it

Do they ever restock vita games???

The number of items in that category has been decreasing, though they didn't have Senran Kagura for numerous days after I ordered it over a week ago.

They did restock it now, so there's a minute chance they will. Wish I had ordered Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls when it was in-stock and then order Senran Kagura right afterwards, which stuck around for a couple more days before disappearing.

Jet isn't actually fulfilling any of these orders, so stock (and, presumably, price) fluctuates as the stock of their fulfillment partners fluctuates (or as they add more fulfillment partners to their network). It works a lot like Buy.com used to (or maybe still does, I'm not sure) - as a managed aggregator of other retail sites. Jet just seems more centrally-managed than Buy.com ever did.

My Vita USB cable came in today as well. Newegg shipped Akiba's Trip last night (took longer to ship out than the cable), and Buy.com is supposedly fulfilling Senran Kagura.

I don't expect them to ship out quickly, but I do hope the order goes through. That's why I didn't try buying another $30 coupon. If the order is cancelled, you are probably out the $10.50 cost of the coupon. With the free $15 code you lose nothing, but the order must be over $35 instead of over $30 and the net result is $4.50 you could have saved with the $30 code.

My Vita USB cable came in today as well. Newegg shipped Akiba's Trip last night (took longer to ship out than the cable), and Buy.com is supposedly fulfilling Senran Kagura.

I don't expect them to ship out quickly, but I do hope the order goes through. That's why I didn't try buying another $30 coupon. If the order is cancelled, you are probably out the $10.50 cost of the coupon. With the free $15 code you lose nothing, but the order must be over $35 instead of over $30 and the net result is $4.50 you could have saved with the $30 code.
There's other non-game items you could certainly pick up from Jet.com, so it's not like it's something you're truly out the money.

Whats the deal with the membership?? Does it stack with the $15 off
You need a membership to shop at jet.com. Kinda like costco I guess. You get 3 months membership for making a new account anyway. I heard there was a free 12 month membership through facebook if you want. But I doubt any of us will be using it outside of this deal.

Used code Welcome30 for 30% off first purchase from Giltcity. Drops the $15 price to $10.50. One tip is that you will need to create your jet.com account and be logged into your account prior to adding the $30 code to your order. If you add the code to your jet.com order prior to creating your account, the system will think the code is used and you will have to contact support to fix the issue. Received my $30 code in about an hour.
Thank you for this and

Thank you for mentioning Senran Kagura

Got my Jet code in 40 minutes and bought SK. Passed on the Glit deal the other day since there was nothing I wanted when I saw that post. Don't care about that $15 off since they don't take Paypal, this will probably be the last order with Jet. Glad that Glitcity did. Anyways, $19.77 is cheaper than I ever thought I would get that for. Love this thread.

Haven't been paying attention to all this Jet stuff, are they reputable? I mean at least one of the games it looks like they've just taken the picture from the Walmart site.

You guys are all getting these, right?

https://jet.com/product/Concealable-Entertainment-Flask-Super-Bar-Hop-Bros/a15bb01f6d344abab51fcf0f6599c9ab

https://jet.com/product/Concealable-Entertainment-Flask-Drunk-Hunt/096c1829ae24462597ff66847bcb288c
Yes, they are.

All they do is aggregate sellers -- you're actually buying from newegg, or wherever. But it's a 'known' site.

Thank you for this and

Thank you for mentioning Senran Kagura

Got my Jet code in 40 minutes and bought SK. Passed on the Glit deal the other day since there was nothing I wanted when I saw that post. Don't care about that $15 off since they don't take Paypal, this will probably be the last order with Jet. Glad that Glitcity did. Anyways, $19.77 is cheaper than I ever thought I would get that for. Love this thread.
What code are you talking about??

Yes, they are.

All they do is aggregate sellers -- you're actually buying from newegg, or wherever. But it's a 'known' site.
Thanks. Waiting on my code from that Gilt code now.

Edit- OK, got the voucher. Now to decide between Senran Kagura or Story of Seasons. If I didn't have Majora's Mask already that would be a no-brainer.

Edit Edit- Bought Senran Kagura so just under $20 with Gilt code.

So I pressed my luck with jet (I've been debating on getting something or not for a week) and well since today is my birthday I figured why not buy something and I stumbled across danganronpa another episode for $15.85 after the 15 off code and waving the free return, so with that being said if you'll excuse me I got a game to buy before it's sold out lol

Huh, they do have Ultra Despair Girls. Doesn't show up under Vita games but here it is:

https://jet.com/product/Danganronpa-Another-Episode-Ultra-Despair-Girls-PSV/51c115bc656a4407abfcf35e7f192ac3

If you haven't done the gilt offer yet, that's probably the best price you'll see on this for quite some time...possibly ever, for physical.
Good find. The $30 off from GiltCity.com doesn't work if you have an existing account, though it works if you make a new account. Jet.com automatically did the $15 off for a first new order and it stacked with the $30 credit voucher. So, was $1.49 out of pocket on the order, plus the $10.50 from the order of the voucher itself.

$12 for a Vita game like Ultra Despair Girls? Yes, please.

Other codes for new accounts:

CUTITOUT - $10 off a first new order + 3 month membership - expires 12/20/15

10JETSAVE - $10 off a first new order + 3 month membership - expires 12/20/15

I've been getting emails from channel advisor and a bunch of other places for a year about how Jet was going to be the first real competitor to Amazon. Pretty funny their search barely works and the only people I've heard of ordering from it are taking advantage of coupons or coupon stacking to get products well below the intended pricing.

Good find. The $30 off from GiltCity.com doesn't work if you have an existing account, though it works if you make a new account. Jet.com automatically did the $15 off for a first new order and it stacked with the $30 credit voucher. So, was $1.49 out of pocket on the order, plus the $10.50 from the order of the voucher itself.

$12 for a Vita game like Ultra Despair Girls? Yes, please.

Other codes for new accounts:

CUTITOUT - $10 off a first new order + 3 month membership - expires 12/20/15

10JETSAVE - $10 off a first new order + 3 month membership - expires 12/20/15
Yours stacked?! Wow. I think you're the only one who had that work.

Anyone remember what that first code was? I had entered it for my first order, but gilt overrode it (it was... 15 off 30? something like that?

The vita selection is pretty wiped out right now.

Meijer has "reduced" the price on Vita games.  Basically the same fare as the Target clearance except more expensive.  Only thing I saw that I would consider was Freedom Wars at $15 because it wasn't available too many places locally.  Everything else I saw was $20 or more.

Meijer has "reduced" the price on Vita games. Basically the same fare as the Target clearance except more expensive. Only thing I saw that I would consider was Freedom Wars at $15 because it wasn't available too many places locally. Everything else I saw was $20 or more.
Meijer clearance is so terrible.

Yours stacked?! Wow. I think you're the only one who had that work.

Anyone remember what that first code was? I had entered it for my first order, but gilt overrode it (it was... 15 off 30? something like that?

The vita selection is pretty wiped out right now.
As I go back and look at the order, it didn't stack, so sorry to get your hopes up. :shame: It was a random discount they applied to the purchase price.

Here's how it broke down:

Total Items: 1
Price Subtotal: $45.65
Savings: -$14.16
Promo Offer: -$30.00
Shipping Fee: FREE
Estimated Taxes*: $0.00
Order Total: $1.49

Total Charge $1.49

As I go back and look at the order, it didn't stack, so sorry to get your hopes up. :shame: It was a random discount they applied to the purchase price.
Still, WTF you lucky SOB.

Oh it's applying for everyone, nice then if you're picking it up. So much $12 stuff that I already have, unplayed. :oldman:

Damn, if I didn't already have a copy I'd make another account using my uncle's address. Was $25 shipped from otakumode so not a bad deal but $12 damn lol. 

So I pressed my luck with jet (I've been debating on getting something or not for a week) and well since today is my birthday I figured why not buy something and I stumbled across danganronpa another episode for $15.85 after the 15 off code and waving the free return, so with that being said if you'll excuse me I got a game to buy before it's sold out lol
Happy birthday

bread's done
Back