PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Should i buy a Vita? Notice everything comes to PS4.... and not much of an RPG guy...
Considering the number of rpgs on the system it doesn't sound like it is for you. On the other hand I love it for hulu/crunchy roll/netflix player, internet browser and bullion blitz. You also have access to psp and ps1 titles if that's up your alley.

"Japanimation" always conjures images of old commercials selling VHS tapes of anime that was nothing but dudes exploding like blood pinatas.  I miss shitty 90s anime.

In college, my only experience with anime (then we called it Japanimation), was Voltron and Robotech. A friend of mine rented some sub-titled cartoon and had a group of us over to watch it. It was pretty boring and I was tired so I was drifting in and out of sleep. In a lucid moment, I saw that the Evil Queen had captured and was beginning to torture the Heroine with electricity. The Heroine started screaming, not surprising. However, what she was screaming was "Oh God, I'm coming!" to which the Evil Queen replied "Well that was the reaction I expected." I promptly went back to sleep. That pretty much was the end of anime for me till the WB airings of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Cardcaptors.
So uh... Anybody know the name of that anime? I need to know for uh... research purposes. Yes, research.

Senpai haha......Amazingly the most important thing about me not going to the club was me wanting to watch more anime. Plus I always liked discussions of episodes and they never did that.....course i'm a bit weird that I like to discuss and analyze what I watch and read and stuff.
We need a live streaming site to do pull something like that some day. I like discussing shows with people on justintv from time to time but streams for shows are limited on there to mostly popular stuff always airing the same ones.

"Japanimation" always conjures images of old commercials selling VHS tapes of anime that was nothing but dudes exploding like blood pinatas. I miss shitty 90s anime.
I certainly don't miss the bad voice work among other things but I do miss the art style of stuff. Can't stand the new art style for case closed (detective conan for japan) since everyone has those awful rhino noses.

Haha I still remember all the random accents.

I was open to join anime club in high school and college. But when I went to Club Rush to check them out...I found out it wasnt my cup of tea. And then the god awful cosplay.

I remember one of the high school people telling me to call them senpai. I never showed up to their first meeting... and my college anime club just looked half assed.
My counter arguments to your assertions and proof that you are in fact a weeaboo:

photo-thumb-349297.jpg

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

bcf56cc5d61ff253bb2e8abccc916015.gif

gallery_349297_8234_317344.gif

Sadly I would have watched this if it ever came out...man those terrible 80s and 90s anime.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL8P6nHjwsM[/media]

I remember when US Manga Corps was a thing.
Same here. I still have, somewhere on my computer, episode one of Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight which they released as a freebie on the final edition of their website a PSP compatible MP4 download. Not to mention a whole bunch of the VHS tapes and DVDs they released back in the day. Or how about U.S. Renditions, remember them?

Sadly I would have watched this if it ever came out...man those terrible 80s and 90s anime.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL8P6nHjwsM[/media]
What network carried that!?

I haven't heard the word Japanimation in a very long time.
Me neither.

Same here. I still have, somewhere on my computer, episode one of Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight which they released as a freebie on the final edition of their website a PSP compatible MP4 download. Not to mention a whole bunch of the VHS tapes and DVDs they released back in the day. Or how about U.S. Renditions, remember them?
I had a few random vhs tapes

This thread has gone full retard in the last pages.
It's a very slow day today.

Japanimation is a 90s term for sure...shows peoples' ages. I love how back then you got whatever anime and you tried to like it dubbed or subbed in sometimes terrible video quality. I remember watching Marmalade Boy a while back and just laughing at how stupid the drama was in it. I always liked romantic anime and comedy so I watched that garbage. Music was excellent though. Also that Sushi TV never aired I just showed the video to remind people of those awesome 80s/90s anime.

I think the OSTs were a bit stronger for anime for the 80s-early 2000s. One of my favorites is from Umi ga Kikoeru aka Ocean Waves aka a studio Ghibli film that is massively underrated....I loved the kind of grounded down feeling of it and the feelings of it. Also a huge fan of Omohide Poro Poro aka Only Yesterday, another massively underrated Ghibli film.

Link to one of my favorite songs from the Umi ga Kikoeru soundtrack

I honestly don't enjoy anime as much anymore. I started falling out of love with the medium likely around the mid 2000s or so. I still watch anime, but I don't get very attached to characters or such anymore.

True I remember that term being thrown around everywhere for the licensers dubbing said anime around that time. Just using memories and everyone knows memory fails most of time.

Sooo should i bite on the P4DAN Disco Fever edition for 32 after gcu? I love P4 but im not the biggest rythym game fan so idk. Soundtrack alone i figure is prob woth 20 tho

32 dollars is an absolute steal for Disco Fever. I was in the same boat; not a big rhythm fan, but love Persona 4. The game isn't that difficult (it gets some flak among the rhythm game community for that), and the music is fantastic. And the P4 fanservice is just incredible.

I paid twice that price (and bought some of the DLC) and have no ragrets.

32 dollars is an absolute steal for Disco Fever. I was in the same boat; not a big rhythm fan, but love Persona 4. The game isn't that difficult (it gets some flak among the rhythm game community for that), and the music is fantastic. And the P4 fanservice is just incredible.

I paid twice that price (and bought some of the DLC) and have no ragrets.
My main thing is between price because I'm not really interested in the extras since they're kind of meh to me and that I love rhythm games but it's supposed to be decent at best and plays like Xonic which I found really bland compared to say the Miku games.

My main thing is between price because I'm not really interested in the extras since they're kind of meh to me and that I love rhythm games but it's supposed to be decent at best and plays like Xonic which I found really bland compared to say the Miku games.
I went ahead and grabbed it since its canon plus soundtrack alone is prob worth like 20 bucks so good deal that prob wont get much cheaper.

Its funny tho. Most of the games ive bought last few months and in the coming months are all handheld games lol. But yeah love me some Persona so cant wait to play through story now. Thanks for the info and advice

Man, Best Buy really knows how to make me feel crummy.

-I bought the Disco Fever Edition at launch with a $15 cert, and now it's half-off before GCU. At least I got the platinum trophy.

-I preordered Project Mirai DX during the half-off glitch last May and now it's half-off before GCU. I haven't opened it yet.

:-({|=

Can those of you who picked up disco fever already comment on the pouch? I'd probably sell the skin, keychain and soundtrack for whatever they'd fetch on eBay and keep the game and pouch *if* it's decently padded and would hold a Slim + L2/R2 grip.
I'm trying to find a good case for the slim + L2/R2 grip too...

When will the cancel the dd order? At time of shipping? You'd think with all the orders they'd have caught on by now and fix the problem before they have to refund a few hundred more dollars.

When will the cancel the dd order? At time of shipping? You'd think with all the orders they'd have caught on by now and fix the problem before they have to refund a few hundred more dollars.
You'd think a lot of things when it comes to DeepDiscount...but don't underestimate their ineptitude.

In other news, it seems some lurker in this thread has finally decided to post the DD thing over on SD, so cancellations all around now!!
Someone named "gldoorii" posted it on GameFAQs yesterday as well. And has anyone here ever had issues with their Debit or Credit Card information being stolen when buying from DeepDiscount? That seems to be the concern in the GameFAQs topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/73323425
It was posted to reddit on the first day anyway. Don't think it'd make much of a difference in whether we get it or not.

I was open to join anime club in high school and college. But when I went to Club Rush to check them out...I found out it wasnt my cup of tea. And then the god awful cosplay.

I remember one of the high school people telling me to call them senpai. I never showed up to their first meeting... and my college anime club just looked half assed.
I was the president of my college's anime club for 3 years. They were the best years of my life. Took charge of a lot of events, met a lot of people, I'm never going to be as outgoing as I was back then.

BB on 62nd & Broadway in Manhattan have a bunch of P4: Disco Fever Edition if anyone is looking. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NCkgLOUyng[/media]

Coming by the end of 2016, physically and digitally. It's a Visual Novel, like Steins;Gate.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NCkgLOUyng[/media]

Coming by the end of 2016, physically and digitally.
Music from that preview video hurt my ears, it sounds like a guy trying to sing like a girl (but failing miserably). And the preview really doesn't indicate what kind of game this is, though I assume it is a visual novel. Pretty awful stuff.

A friend of mine rented some sub-titled cartoon and had a group of us over to watch it. It was pretty boring and I was tired so I was drifting in and out of sleep. In a lucid moment, I saw that the Evil Queen had captured and was beginning to torture the Heroine with electricity. The Heroine started screaming, not surprising. However, what she was screaming was "Oh God, I'm coming!" to which the Evil Queen replied "Well that was the reaction I expected." I promptly went back to sleep.
That actually sounds pretty familiar. Like La Blue Girl or Beat Angel...Square any idea what that is? Also, congrats on getting your copy SMRPG.

bread's done
Back