PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
886.jpg

Can't believe that garbage tier Quantum Suicide got funded. It's not even Japanese, It's made by two American chicks. Vita owners do get excited for crap.

"Unfortunately, game development is not our full-time job. We are both busy 
PhD students with articles to read, lives to live, and money to make so we can eat every week. We hope that our backers can understand that we are making this game on our own time, and that we will do our very best to overcome any setbacks thrown at us. Being PhD students, we've picked up good time management skills from our time at University. We're highly motivated individuals who are adept at self-discipline and sticking to the goals and high standards we set for ourselves".

Can't believe that garbage tier Quantum Suicide got funded. It's not even Japanese, It's made by two American chicks. Vita owners do get excited for crap.
Uhm.. aren't they Australian chicks? I mean, even the currency used for the Kickstarter is in AUD lol.

PhD students with articles to read, lives to live, and money to make so we can eat every week. We hope that our backers can understand that we are making this game on our own time, and that we will do our very best to overcome any setbacks thrown at us. Being PhD students, we've picked up good time management skills from our time at University. We're highly motivated individuals who are adept at self-discipline and sticking to the goals and high standards we set for ourselves".
Are they for real? They have a release date of late 2017, which by "indie" speak means, not at all. And with these comments, there pretty much telling you, it ain't happening. A lot can happen in almost 2 years, and with 2 women being the main driving force behind this, yeah, don't count on it.

Are they for real? They have a release date of late 2017, which by "indie" speak means, not at all. And with these comments, there pretty much telling you, it ain't happening. A lot can happen in almost 2 years, and with 2 women being the main driving force behind this, yeah, don't count on it.
Well that was sexist. I agree that being two PHD students and the fact they are doing it in their free time means the game probably will not get released on time if ever. Saying that one of the reasons they won't deliver is because they are women though? Come on.

There are numerous women in the game dev world, even at indie studios, and they do just fine.

PhD students with articles to read, lives to live, and money to make so we can eat every week. We hope that our backers can understand that we are making this game on our own time, and that we will do our very best to overcome any setbacks thrown at us. Being PhD students, we've picked up good time management skills from our time at University. We're highly motivated individuals who are adept at self-discipline and sticking to the goals and high standards we set for ourselves".
*looks at the art* Well okay then. I hope any poor sap that actually put money into this knows what they're getting. They're probably gonna use the money to pay for their tuition.

Well that was sexist. I agree that being two PHD students and the fact they are doing it in their free time means the game probably will not get released on time if ever. Saying that one of the reasons they won't deliver is because they are women though? Come on.

There are numerous women in the game dev world, even at indie studios, and they do just fine.
Men fail at keeping deadlines 2 years in advance, and they don't nearly have the distractions that women do. I was raised by strong women(I get my own work ethics from them), and have nothing but the utmost respect for any and all women in the world, but I've also worked many jobs with many different women over the years, and most of the ones who have been at a high school are college level, are easily distracted by "life".

This is just my life's observations and nothing more, and I'm basing most of that on the comments they left in regards to this project specifically. It sounded to me like they are already saying when shit happens, to bad, we aren't doing this 100%, so you'll get what you get. If a man or women left a message like that, I would be very cautious of supporting such a project.

Those comments fall right in line with the experiences I have had, and i would expect the outcome to be the same. At some point within the next few years, this project will end, or one of the girls will leave, or both. May they stay the course? Sure, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

The original post by Olengie was because they weren't going to make a physical copy for the Vita.

How in the hell did it all of a sudden get derailed into this kind of a conversation?

Seems like another counter attack is necessary to get us back on track.

ac4a3a53654e9e77e0af5659e6f8634da5e79daa_hq.gif

03e075f9058a963d6f9798e2026933f41310177990_full.gif

large.gif

Toradora-animated-GIF-%E3%81%A8%E3%82%89%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9-4.gif

tumblr_nkjvxka1l51rvr6u1o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nfisylgaVx1qcvwe6.gif

tumblr_nzlrglfphr1s63uw9o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

kX9UBBk.gif

Dafudge Square? How do you find all these...gifs?

Well once upon a time someone was downloading...material that should have never been downloaded...

rh4upe.jpg

The virus spread quickly to the ship's main subsystems...

edfba49c0c2917f4b2e7b7a06c148923.jpg

And to make matters worse, someone did get to see the video.

post-43417-star-trek-red-shirt-mind-blown-reDv.gif

...Before the ship blew up seconds later...

tumblr_n03on8OA6k1rzu2xzo4_r1_400.gif

The end.

The original post by Olengie was because they weren't going to make a physical copy for the Vita.

How in the hell did it all of a sudden get derailed into this kind of a conversation?

Yeah I don't know what people are freaking out about. Going with Sekai Project for the vita release sucks, but the game itself seems legit.

So Quantum Suicide is coming to Vita. Thanks to Sekai Project.... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cccn/quantum-suicide-a-visual-novel-in-space-kill-or-be/posts/1501474

Digital only too.

I'm not excited. I'm still waiting for Sekai to release the other Vita titles they're supposed to have...

3c1ee6436ea515ec4b7ea5fe07a4db55_original.png

It's like they made this image to mock me...
I know right? They've been pretty ridiculous so far, but I'd still even give them money day one for things like Grisaia physically. I wish it was PQube or someone getting the rights to all these things.

Men fail at keeping deadlines 2 years in advance, and they don't nearly have the distractions that women do. I was raised by strong women(I get my own work ethics from them), and have nothing but the utmost respect for any and all women in the world, but I've also worked many jobs with many different women over the years, and most of the ones who have been at a high school are college level, are easily distracted by "life".

This is just my life's observations and nothing more, and I'm basing most of that on the comments they left in regards to this project specifically. It sounded to me like they are already saying when shit happens, to bad, we aren't doing this 100%, so you'll get what you get. If a man or women left a message like that, I would be very cautious of supporting such a project.

Those comments fall right in line with the experiences I have had, and i would expect the outcome to be the same. At some point within the next few years, this project will end, or one of the girls will leave, or both. May they stay the course? Sure, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
I think everyone agrees that the statements they have made are discouraging. But that isn't what you said.

You are going too far in generalizing these women based on your own personal experiences. Could they get distracted? Sure. That has has nothing to do with their gender however. There are plenty of women that have been involved in playing video games that get the job done. Robin Hunicke, Siobhan Reddy, Bonnie Ross, and Amy Hennig just to name a few. Amy Hennig in particular is responsible for most of the writing in the Uncharted series.

kX9UBBk.gif

Dafudge Square? How do you find all these...gifs?

Well once upon a time someone was downloading...material that should have never been downloaded...

rh4upe.jpg

The virus spread quickly to the ship's main subsystems...

edfba49c0c2917f4b2e7b7a06c148923.jpg

And to make matters worse, someone did get to see the video.

post-43417-star-trek-red-shirt-mind-blown-reDv.gif

...Before the ship blew up seconds later...

tumblr_n03on8OA6k1rzu2xzo4_r1_400.gif

The end.
chaika-clapping.gif

I know right? They've been pretty ridiculous so far, but I'd still even give them money one day for things like Grisaia physically.
Fixed for ya. ;D

There's no chance in hell anyone who is earning their Ph.D. has the time to also make a game like that, regardless of gender.

My wife is working on her Ph.D. right now and I laugh at the thought of even suggesting she would have time to PLAY a game, let alone make one.

You know what? These guys are trying.

They're some Australians who started out trying to make a visual novel they wanted to make, which for better or worse thanks largely in part to Steam letting everyone and their grandma in these days is just way easier for an indie to do on the PC than any other platform.

They wanted to try to do a Vita release but probably don't know Jack Shit about doing it so when Sekai Project offers to help they're happy to have the help.

Maybe it will still pull through. We don't know that it won't. Digital is easier to do than putting the game on physical media and printing about a bunch of boxes and mailing them all out etc etc. That's a lot of work and responsibility and cost to put on an indie.

I didn't even post about it here because I knew you guys would get all snooty about it not being physical and about it being Sekai Project etc and just shit all over a group of people who enthusiasically want to tell a story and are trying their best to bring it to everyone with zero experience having done this before.

Also, digital is the damned future so just get used to. I know you all want to buy like 3 boxes, one to open, one to save for a 'collector's item' and one to caress and sleep with but the world is going digital. It happened to music, it happened to books, it happened to PC games and one day it will happen to console games too no matter how much people kick and scream and fuss.

The other thing is maybe try playing games on the PC some time. With visual novels you really don't have the 'oh my old ass laptop won't run it!' excuse that you all use for AAA games. It's a good platform for niche games and there's some you won't get anywhere else, particularly indies because it's easier to release for the PC.

At least give these guys some credit for trying. If you don't want to contribute to the Kickstarter then don't but stop being salty brats and shitting on their dreams.

You know what? These guys are trying.

They're some Australians who started out trying to make a visual novel they wanted to make, which for better or worse thanks largely in part to Steam letting everyone and their grandma in these days is just way easier for an indie to do on the PC than any other platform.

They wanted to try to do a Vita release but probably don't know Jack Shit about doing it so when Sekai Project offers to help they're happy to have the help.

Maybe it will still pull through. We don't know that it won't. Digital is easier to do than putting the game on physical media and printing about a bunch of boxes and mailing them all out etc etc. That's a lot of work and responsibility and cost to put on an indie.

I didn't even post about it here because I knew you guys would get all snooty about it not being physical and about it being Sekai Project etc and just shit all over a group of people who enthusiasically want to tell a story and are trying their best to bring it to everyone with zero experience having done this before.

Also, digital is the damned future so just get used to. I know you all want to buy like 3 boxes, one to open, one to save for a 'collector's item' and one to caress and sleep with but the world is going digital. It happened to music, it happened to books, it happened to PC games and one day it will happen to console games too no matter how much people kick and scream and fuss.

The other thing is maybe try playing games on the PC some time. With visual novels you really don't have the 'oh my old ass laptop won't run it!' excuse that you all use for AAA games. It's a good platform for niche games and there's some you won't get anywhere else, particularly indies because it's easier to release for the PC.

At least give these guys some credit for trying. If you don't want to contribute to the Kickstarter then don't but stop being salty brats and shitting on their dreams.
Riker-Star-Trek-urinals.gif

There's no chance in hell anyone who is earning their Ph.D. has the time to also make a game like that, regardless of gender.

My wife is working on her Ph.D. right now and I laugh at the thought of even suggesting she would have time to PLAY a game, let alone make one.
Agreed, totally unrealistic and delusional regardless of how good their intentions are. Personally I think it reeks of a fanciful childish dream that has exactly zero chance of ever finishing.

Music files are small and (now) DRM free.

Digital books were BARELY added to the stats for determining best sellers. They were releasing physical books 6 months in advance. And physical books still exists. Only like self publishers release digital only books.

You guys don't know the creators and their life and you're not Miss Cleo or the Psychic Friends.

So kindly STFU because you don't know shit.

Making a visual novel on the PC in particular is not that hard because there are easy creation tools to work with.

Sekai is supposed to be doing the port. Bla bla they're the Antichrist and Hitler of the Vita world etc etc. But no one has any proof they won't pull through either. Just wait and see.

If you aren't giving any of your money to the project then it's not your concern anyhow. I pledged and I'm not bitching. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Only like self publishers release digital only books.
Yes which in the game world translates to indie developers. Which is exactly what this game is.

I don't see the issue with Quantum Suicide.  Sure I'm not donating money to it, but if it turns out good and makes it to PSN as promised then it's something I would consider getting on the cheap. These are PhD students.  So they have Graduate Degrees, Post Graduate Degrees (Masters), and are finishing out an extra two to three  years in whatever field they are in.  These aren't HS kids or people without any kind of education.  Regardless of being women, if their creditials are true then they have shown already a long term commitment by getting graduate and post graduate degrees.

Sure the amount raised is about what they'd need for their PhD's and honstely if the money goes to that but they work and make the game as promised, it's kind of a win win.  They get to pay for school and grow a company by developing a game without having to worry much about funding it all themselves.  Still, I wouldn't trust it to put money into... it would be like having you guys fund me as "nightc1" for a game I'm making.   There's just not enough transparancy for me.  But if the game comes out it's not like I'm going to not consider it because of who made it or whatever.

EDIT:

ON a side note, I did work with someone back around 2002 on a GBA game project.  The other person lived across the country from me and we managed to make a game and submit it for a competition.  He was in school and I was working full time with a wife and kids.  SO it can be done.  The biggest part of a VN is the story tree right?  Plus the graphics.  The core engine should be relatively primative.

You guys don't know the creators and their life and you're not Miss Cleo or the Psychic Friends.

So kindly STFU because you don't know shit.

Making a visual novel on the PC in particular because there are easy creation tools to work with so it is not that hard.

Sekai is supposed to be doing the port. Bla bla they're the Antichrist and Hitler of the Vita world etc etc. But no one has any proof they won't pull through either. Just wait and see.

If you aren't giving any of your money to the project then it's not your concern anyhow. I pledged and I'm not bitching. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Yes which in the game world translates to indie developers. Which is exactly what this game is.
Ah, yes, anyone that doesn't share your opinion should STFU. Obviously anything you say should be taken as truth. No speculation or discussion of anything that would upset you is allowed!

That being said, I am going straight home and selling my physical games and buying them all digital because you said so!

I like how the pro-digital crowd always wants to argue physical will disappear because it's so inferior and an all-digital future is some sort of inevitability (it's not).

Meanwhile, I've never heard someone like myself who only buys physical claim digital games should go away.  I'm glad there are more options, even if I'll never use them.

Okay obviously some of you guys just want to be piss and vinegar about all this so I suggest more Squarehard pic spam and Star Trek animated gifs to lighten the mood. :p

I've learned so much from this thread, but I notice I haven't bought any cheap Vita games lately. Please gif us harder since there are insufficient game deals.

I don't see the issue with Quantum Suicide. Sure I'm not donating money to it, but if it turns out good and makes it to PSN as promised then it's something I would consider getting on the cheap. These are PhD students. So they have Graduate Degrees, Post Graduate Degrees (Masters), and are finishing out an extra two to three years in whatever field they are in. These aren't HS kids or people without any kind of education. Regardless of being women, if their creditials are true then they have shown already a long term commitment by getting graduate and post graduate degrees.
Do you know this? It is possible to get a PhD in some fields without first getting a Masters degree.

Do any of you by chance know if Galak-Z and Axiom Verge are getting PS Vita Releases?  I heard a while back both were supposed to but iirc Galak-Z PS Vita was scrapped, not sure about Axiom Verge though.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks

I don't get why some of these indie games which very clearly don't require PS4 processing power don't get Vita releases at least on digital. So dumb.

Galak-Z is supposed to be 'free' on PSN next month but PS4 only. :roll:

Do any of you by chance know if Galak-Z and Axiom Verge are getting PS Vita Releases? I heard a while back both were supposed to but iirc Galak-Z PS Vita was scrapped, not sure about Axiom Verge though. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Galak Z Vita was cancelled because it was too hard to do (expected it to be easy, but the Vita has some kinks that requires careful programming and such. I recall the Cosmic Star Heroine dev saying that making a Vita port is somewhat harder than a PS4 version)

Axiom Verge Vita is alive. Also has a chance for a physical release. But the developer wont look into it until he solves the pprting problems he has right now. He is interested though.

Galak Z bombed hard on PS4. That's the main reason the Vita port is dead. I'm surprised 17 bit is still in business as Skulls of the Shogun was also a bomb.

ahem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Woods

might want to research that a little more.

WWE wrestler, youtube channel about playing games, always on the road, oh and getting a PH.D. at the same time.

People can get a PH.D. and do other things at the same time.

(Just using him as an example because they make a big deal out of him getting it at the same time he's wrestling)

wow, all he was trying to say is they will never finish the game because it takes them 3 hours to get ready in the morning. a guy just rolls out of bed and starts programming.

I wanted to go all digital on the Vita, but Sony handled ever single part of the Vita's digital strategy incompetently.  From the overpriced memory cards, to discouraging using multiple cards by making it a chore, to tying saves to installs discouraging ever deleting anything, to the damn PC transfer backup tool not working with my computer, to just randomly cancelling an entire service removing games that people have bought.

At this point I trust Sony's digital policy even less than I trust Nintendo's, and the incompetents at team Big N haven't even figured out accounts yet.

Ah, yes, anyone that doesn't share your opinion should STFU. Obviously anything you say should be taken as truth. No speculation or discussion of anything that would upset you is allowed!
The point is why be negative when there's no reason to be so? The developers have not yet done anything wrong so why are you already assuming negative outcomes based off of spurious conjectures? I swear some of you people must live depressing lives because you think the worst of all people.

Sekai Project has been a disappointment on the Vita front the entire time. I dont expect much from them anymore.
What? Sekai Project has been disappointing in the fact that their Vita releases haven't been on schedule, but since when are delays something new in this industry? Where have they actually had a situation on the Vita that has been a disappointment? They haven't even released anything yet.

bread's done
Back