PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This and Tetris Attack (SNES). Then Tetris Attack came out to the N64 as Pokemon Puzzle League. Then on DS as Planet Puzzle League.
I loved Meteos and Planet Puzzle League. I still like Lumines better that Meteos, but Planet Puzzle League was awesome and I'd love for a 3DS version to come out.

I'm more of a Meteos kind of guy.
I thought Meteos was good for that period of time I was on IGN and posting with tons of other diehard DS fans. However, after a while I kind of got sick of the game because you could (pretty much) just play by blindly tapping and sliding rapidly and make enough matches to keep alive. It took away some of the strategy knowing how easy it was to just cheat and play brainlessly. I never got the sort of sequel Metoes Disney Magic, though I know it was pretty well loved too. Lumines was decent fun but my favorite was easily Zoo Keeper (DS, later ported to iOS and possibly other platforms). Zoo Keeper was excellent.

?

The 3DS is designed to stay on all the time.
Technically, yeah... in real life it proves to be a mess. My 3DS won't last a day (heck, half a day even) in sleep mode (even with wifi & streetpass disabled). I have to take a charger with me if I decide to bring my 3DS to work. My old regular DS, DS-lite & DSi... no problem (except for GBA games in the DS & DS-lite of course). I think they half baked the idea of the system remaining on by under spec'ing the battery. My Vita.. even with wifi on and it uploading saves to the cloud every evening as well as downloading anything I have setup to download from the webstore, it lasts weeks in sleep mode. I mean that. Weeks. By comparison my 3DS I'm afraid to leave it in sleep mode for an hour without it being plugged in. Maybe the Vita just has me spoiled? Either way, I enjoy both platforms considerably and just have to adjust my own expectations of what the hardware can do so the battery issue doesn't get to me.

Aerial shot of the factory supplying the ZTD watches to Aksys where production has been reportedly ramped up.

giphy.gif

What is all of this nonsense about being designed to stay turned on? Is it bad that I turn mine off when I'm done with it?
Don't worry about it. I have three active Vitas, and I always turn them off when not in use. They boot up very quickly and retain their battery charge very well, plus I feel like this method will prolong the long term life of the battery.

I have never heard of the sleep mode causing problems with the 64gb card, not saying that it doesn't, but I think turning the systems off when not in use is the best way to keep the batteries healthy.

I thought Meteos was good for that period of time I was on IGN and posting with tons of other diehard DS fans. However, after a while I kind of got sick of the game because you could (pretty much) just play by blindly tapping and sliding rapidly and make enough matches to keep alive. It took away some of the strategy knowing how easy it was to just cheat and play brainlessly. I never got the sort of sequel Metoes Disney Magic, though I know it was pretty well loved too. Lumines was decent fun but my favorite was easily Zoo Keeper (DS, later ported to iOS and possibly other platforms). Zoo Keeper was excellent.
I know people say they can play Meteos blind, but I could never play that way. Plus, half the fun was trying to keep the entire field airborn at the same time. Good fun.

I have the Disney version too, and it's okay. It made a minor improvement to the controls, but removed the beautifully insane story.

The original 3DS does have a weak battery, but I heard the other models were improved. It still doesn't hold a candle to Vita in sleep mode, but that just means you charge it more often.

My still as of yet unfulfilled order is showing as the Watch edition. Were you one of the people which Amazon sent the game first with a promise of the watch later?
Everyone that is having problems are people that bitched to customer service and had their orders modified. The rest of us are sitting at 'Not yet shipped' still.

anyone ready for this!!! Amazon has changed ppl orders of the limited edition to standard. I am beyond pissed I saved my convo from that chat.
Mine was moved into the standard category (without me contacting help) in order to ship just the game several weeks ago, but it was still called "Limited Watch Bonus Edition" on my order so my guess is this is the only way the system can make sense of it to ship it separate. Is the actual item still called the watch edition even though it is standard?

On their own accord Amazon sent me a copy of the game, and so my order is listed as "Delivered."  It is still listed as the Watch edition in my order history.

Like most people, I am simply waiting for Aksys to have the watches in hand and announce what they're doing before I get too concerned.

On their own accord Amazon sent me a copy of the game, and so my order is listed as "Delivered." It is still listed as the Watch edition in my order history.

Like most people, I am simply waiting for Aksys to have the watches in hand and announce what they're doing before I get too concerned.
Same here, I'm not to concerned one way or another, as Amazon will deliver, or they won't. If they don't, the games go back.

I actually just returned my 3DS game to GS yesterday, as the cancelled two of my orders, and then only allowed one watch per household, so I returned the game that wouldn't be getting a watch.

Askys should be doing better on the information front, but what can you do? Who's to say what happened the first time, won't happen again? They don't seem to be much in "control", but time will tell.

Welp, my Shiren LE just arrived a few minutes ago, and one corner of the outer LE box is partly crushed. Aksys put the LE into a very small box which barely fits the game, so when one corner of the shipping box was smashed, it damaged a corner of the LE box. Really ridiculous that they used such a tiny box to ship the game, especially since I paid $15 for shipping. I already emailed them and includedicated a pic, hopefully they'll make it right.

Welp, my Shiren LE just arrived a few minutes ago, and one corner of the outer LE box is partly crushed. Aksys put the LE into a very small box which barely fits the game, so when one corner of the shipping box was smashed, it damaged a corner of the LE box. Really ridiculous that they used such a tiny box to ship the game, especially since I paid $15 for shipping. I already emailed them and includedicated a pic, hopefully they'll make it right.
I order 2 copies, and they both came in a rather big box with proper packaging, but one of mine arrived the same way(I think it was that way before being shipped). Make sure if they don't offer return shipping, you request it. They first told me to return it to their address, and I was like wait a minute? You are paying the return cost right? Otherwise I'll take a refund if I'm paying to return it.

I returned it Wed with their return label and it arrived to them yesterday, and I just contacted them this morning, and they plan to ship my replacement today, or Monday at the latest. So all is good for now, lets hope the replacement doesn't arrive damaged.

Yesterday I started playing Hotline Miami again.  I had played it previously on my PSTV.  Anyway, yeah... it's  a lot easier on the small screen.  I ended up finishing the entire game from scratch and am well on my way to doing all the extra stuff in the game.

Mine was moved into the standard category (without me contacting help) in order to ship just the game several weeks ago, but it was still called "Limited Watch Bonus Edition" on my order so my guess is this is the only way the system can make sense of it to ship it separate. Is the actual item still called the watch edition even though it is standard?
Nope i think they wont be sending us anything. I know ppl who also ordered the watch edition and havent got their orders shippe at all and show limited

Yesterday I started playing Hotline Miami again. I had played it on either my PSTV. Anyway, yeah... it's a lot easier on the small screen. I ended up finishing the entire game from scratch and am well on my way to doing all the extra stuff in the game.
This is the first time I heard a game is actually easier on a smaller screen. Can you elaborate?

Omg your life is ruined!!! Sarcasm return it and get over it, it happens

My 2x Shiren LEs just arrived.   The shipping box arrived in great condition and yet the game boxes are still nicked up.  There's only so much you can do to protect paper game boxes.  Anyone who gets their package in less than great condition is certainly going to have messed up boxes. 

I'm not even complaining. Just forewarning people so now you know they're not going to arrive pristine.  I'm very happy to have this LE and am excited to play it this weekend!  It's an awesome package for $60; I wish all games were like this.

Omg your life is ruined!!! Sarcasm return it and get over it, it happens
Thanks for your worthless contribution to the subject!

On topic, Aksys replied to my email almost immediately, apologized and said they would send me a UPS label to return the damaged game (already got the label by email). Once they get the damaged copy back, they'll ship me a new one. So it's all good, but if anyone else gets the game in a tiny snug-fitting box, hope you don't have the same problem.

I've never kept up with the system or games closely, but I'm interested in getting one after I found a few games that'd I'd like to play.  Any advice for someone looking to get a Vita now in the current market?  I've been told they never sold well and to wait. 

This is the first time I heard a game is actually easier on a smaller screen. Can you elaborate?
I think it's the controls. My best guess is that it's the L&R being more traditional digital buttons with less travel distance on the vita versus the longer travel distance of analog triggers of a PS3/PS4 controller are what make the difference. You use L&R so much in the game and it just makes a huge difference. I think on PSTV I maybe got to the 10th level... where as yesterday with about 4 hours of gaming I started and finished the entire game (minus secrets).

Thanks for your worthless contribution to the subject!

On topic, Aksys replied to my email almost immediately, apologized and said they would send me a UPS label to return the damaged game (already got the label by email). Once they get the damaged copy back, they'll ship me a new one. So it's all good, but if anyone else gets the game in a tiny snug-fitting box, hope you don't have the same problem.
Cry more will you God forbid your house goes up in flames will u Cry then too?

Cry more will you God forbid your house goes up in flames will u Cry then too?
Again, if you have nothing whatsoever to contribute to the discussion, maybe it's best for you to just not comment? Novel idea, I know, but it might actually work to your benefit. You do seem to have issues.

I can't imagine anybody not crying if their house burned down...unless they did it for the insurance money, then they'd probably be singing and dancing until they get thrown in jail, so I guess relatively speaking, that person would cry eventually because his house burned down.

I can't imagine anybody not crying if their house burned down...unless they did it for the insurance money, then they'd probably be singing and dancing until they get thrown in jail, so I guess relatively speaking, that person would cry eventually because his house burned down.
Except him he would cry because his poor games. I love gaming but they are just games perioid.

Someone should create a LRG thread to keep track of upcoming releases and news discussion.
Man, that would be awesome! I picture it as a magical place where people continually go back and forth over whether LRG should take preorders. If only there existed a real thread like that...

Just deal with the 32GB at $60 card. It's pricey but it beats getting the 64GB and not knowing when the data gets corrupted because of a hardware design flaw. Actually I have a 16GB card and it's enough, though the USB transfer speeds between it and the PS3 are okay, not great.

===
A watch? Wear a clock around your neck to tell the time.
What good is a USB transfer? Is it possible to download PSN games to my ps3 first and then transfer to the vita? That would cut down the time on wifi.

I've been trying all week, but I can't connect my Vita with another device using FTP. I've tried different programs on three different devices (computer, tablet and phone), and none of them can connect to the server indicated in Molecular Shell.

bread's done
Back