PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Steins;Gate last night. I really didnt like the heavy handed otaku conversations and just blabbering the characters did. Then [the] scene happened and it got a lot better, much more tolerable and down to earth. Good time travel story in the end.

Might be one you are better watchin the anime to digest it more easily.

Since there is now a free version of Toukiden 2 out not sure if I should picking up a physical copy now or just wait a bit and see if the price drop further. 

Since we are on the topic, would like to the input of someone who has beat both Toukiden Kiwami and Toukiden 2.

No spoilers for Toukiden Kiwami below, but tagged just in case

I played through Toukiden Kiwami solo, it was rather enjoyable gameplay-wise (not a veteran MH player). I reached the "final boss" and beat it with some moderate effort. The boss was beat and the cut scene played out. Then it was revealed that this is only about half of the story unfolded. I would have to rinse and repeat with enemies with simply higher stats. At that point I was fatigued of the formula and had to gave up the game. Is Toukiden 2 very "lengthy" like Toukiden Kiwami?

Vouchers for Sony's digital platform have a tendency to stick around. While many of them have theoretical expiration dates, I have found that these expiration dates frequently get pushed back or ignored entirely. This seems to be especially true surrounding their mobile platforms. I've never had a PSN code fail, whether it be for the PSP or Vita, even if it is listed as being past the expiration date.

How cheap is the copy of Minecraft at WalMart? If the price is right, it might be worth it to roll those dice. And it's always nice to have a physical collectible case for a game, even if the cartridge has never existed.

The only dedicated Vita magazine has come to a end. The Vita Lounge has officially discontinued publication of The Vita Mag and is also discontinuing publishing current Vita news on their site.

http://thevitalounge.net/2017/06/02/the-end-of-the-news-hath-come-but-not-the-end-of-the-vita-lounge/

Rather sad to see this happen, though must confess I never supported their magazine due to the horrific international postage costs. Well, I did just order one of every issue they have remaining, which was a meager seven issues. Even at the super deep discounted prices of those issues, the shipping dwarfed the cost of all seven issues! :cry:

Since we are on the topic, would like to the input of someone who has beat both Toukiden Kiwami and Toukiden 2.

No spoilers for Toukiden Kiwami below, but tagged just in case

I played through Toukiden Kiwami solo, it was rather enjoyable gameplay-wise (not a veteran MH player). I reached the "final boss" and beat it with some moderate effort. The boss was beat and the cut scene played out. Then it was revealed that this is only about half of the story unfolded. I would have to rinse and repeat with enemies with simply higher stats. At that point I was fatigued of the formula and had to gave up the game. Is Toukiden 2 very "lengthy" like Toukiden Kiwami?
i beat toukiden kiwami, solo all the way threw. than I beat the online missions & did grinding for weapons.
I've played Freedom wars & Ragnarock odyssey ace.
I liked toukiden, game was straight forward, story was a bit scarce but the kiwami part was way better. Good weapon selection, ok character creation, decent story npcs, npc AI was good.
Town was a bit stagnant. stages and enemies do repeat often but that's just a staple of these types of games just like the dynasty warriors genre. I used the ball & sickle mostly.
I would imagine toukiden 2 following the same formula, I'm waiting to see if a kiwami version appears for it thou.

The only dedicated Vita magazine has come to a end. The Vita Lounge has officially discontinued publication of The Vita Mag and is also discontinuing publishing current Vita news on their site.

http://thevitalounge.net/2017/06/02/the-end-of-the-news-hath-come-but-not-the-end-of-the-vita-lounge/

Rather sad to see this happen, though must confess I never supported their magazine due to the horrific international postage costs. Well, I did just order one of every issue they have remaining, which was a meager seven issues. Even at the super deep discounted prices of those issues, the shipping dwarfed the cost of all seven issues! :cry:
Did you ever look in to their Patreon subscription, or just the site where they sold back issues? Getting issues through Patreon, was probably under $10 shipped if I remember correctly, which wasn't bad.

I actually wanted to pledge for years, but I had missed out early on, so I was missing many issues. Then I would always miss their reprints and holidays sales, so I actually just noticed them ending a few weeks back, so I got in like you on what was left. I noticed the high shipping on their site, but I also remembered a post I had read a awhile ago, where it was suggested to a user to contact them directly for a combined shipping on multiple books, as their site doesn't seem to combine normally.

It ended up being for a non track-able shipping, but I didn't care about that, as the normal shipping was to high to go with, even at the discounted issue prices. Most things I get from overseas are shipped with no tracking, so it wasn't a big deal. And while the Vita Lounge has ended, they have started the SwitchPlayer, which is also on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/switchplayer

As of a few weeks ago, they offered back issues 1, 2 and 3 in a bundle package which I bought, and now I'm pledge, so I will get issue 4 and whatever comes after for $9 per issue shipped. So for now, I'm looking forward to the Vita Lounge issues I have coming, plus the Switch Player issues as well.

I've got MMA Supremacy and motoGP13 both for about $33 from local seller ( mom selling kid's ps vita system and games [ I bought only games ) Should I sell MMA supremacy( this is my 2nd copy ) now  or wait for the price to raise? 

For the first time ever, I have a complete NA Vita collection in my possession. I got my copy of Risk of Rain after only a week compared with the normal 2 weeks.

For the first time ever, I have a complete NA Vita collection in my possession. I got my copy of Risk of Rain after only a week compared with the normal 2 weeks.
Congratulations! I'm close, but not there yet. Five games shy at moment, will be six games shy on Tuesday.

Having serious automotive issues at this time, so not sure when I'll pick up the missed releases.

GS has Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls on clearance for $21.97

HIcGYrA.jpg

Amazon has it matched, but if you order from them you'll probably have to unwrap it. Thank goodness GS is here to save us time by opening new games for us.
Curious. If there are so few available in general, meaning MAYBE one per store, do you want the store to put a sealed copy on the floor so it can be stolen or do you want to be able to buy it?

Curious. If there are so few available in general, meaning MAYBE one per store, do you want the store to put a sealed copy on the floor so it can be stolen or do you want to be able to buy it?
Actually, it would be far wiser for them to put a laminated print-out card on the shelf for display, as this would present no real risk of theft, and also wouldn't require the opening of a new copy. But that would make sense, and this is GameStop we're talking about, where sense and customer service always take a back-seat to profit.

It's pointless to attempt to defend GameStop's policies. There are plenty of ways that they could improve their stores and their approach to retail, but they are unwilling to pursue any of them because they would all cost extra money. Even simple solutions like the one I provided would cost more than zero dollars and require some degree of employee training, so they don't bother. GameStop is an extremely lazy, profit-focused company that has always coasted on exploiting another industry. And I'm still bitter about them buying up and destroying all of the second-hand game stores in my area that weren't crappy.

Actually, it would be far wiser for them to put a laminated print-out card on the shelf for display, as this would present no real risk of theft, and also wouldn't require the opening of a new copy. But that would make sense, and this is GameStop we're talking about, where sense and customer service always take a back-seat to profit.

It's pointless to attempt to defend GameStop's policies. There are plenty of ways that they could improve their stores and their approach to retail, but they are unwilling to pursue any of them because they would all cost extra money. Even simple solutions like the one I provided would cost more than zero dollars and require some degree of employee training, so they don't bother. GameStop is an extremely lazy, profit-focused company that has always coasted on exploiting another industry. And I'm still bitter about them buying up and destroying all of the second-hand game stores in my area that weren't crappy.
I certainly agree with you! And for the record I'm not defending their policies (who in their right mind would?!?), I'm just offering a reason as to why they do it. I don't want to be vilified unnecessarily. :whistle2:D

Few places listed/posted about Badlandindie... The Velocity 2X Critical Mass Edition for PsVita is taking pre-orders.. And there is links for this game to be pre-ordered from like 15 different wbsites..
I live in the U.S. etc. Never ordered from any of these retailers..
Does any of these U.K. listed retailers 365games.. GAME.Com..
Oz Games Shop ship over to the U.S...?

hqdefault.jpg

Few places listed/posted about Badlandindie... The Velocity 2X Critical Mass Edition for PsVita is taking pre-orders.. And there is links for this game to be pre-ordered from like 15 different wbsites..
Amazon, yes, however this game is showing up on their website as "Unable to be shipped to the United States" which would imply that there is a license holder for physical release of this title somewhere in R1... LRG a good possibility.

http://badlandindie.com/velocity-2x-critical-mass-edition/

I actually inquired about this not to long ago, as FuturLabs mentioned a US version when this was announced I believe, but there has been no mention since. So as far as was posted here, it's still coming, but I haven't seen any other confirmations.

I was looking to import as well, but only if a US version is not happening, which there has been updates either way.

I need Gamestop to use GameTrust and publish more games like Song of the Deep and Duke Nukem Anniversary.
Velocity 2X is getting a US release as well. I think they just haven't confirmed the retailers who will sell it yet.

Velocity is getting a US release as well. I think they just haven't confirmed the retailers who will sell it yet.
lol. At this point I'm eventually buying the physical release of every single "free with PS+" game.

I'm hoping this is OK to ask here:

I'm getting a Vita Slim mainly for remote play, and I'm looking at the options for grips. My concern is that I have small hands, and some of the grips look bulky. The best looking one I've been able to find is the HORI L2 / R2 / L3 / R3 grip (Amazon). Is there anyone who has smaller hands that would be able to offer any input on the grip? Is it comfortable for 30mins + of play?

Thank you in advance :D

I'm getting a Vita Slim mainly for remote play, and I'm looking at the options for grips. My concern is that I have small hands, and some of the grips look bulky. The best looking one I've been able to find is the HORI L2 / R2 / L3 / R3 grip (Amazon). Is there anyone who has smaller hands that would be able to offer any input on the grip? Is it comfortable for 30mins + of play?

That HORI is probably the best to go with. I use it myself, and at first it took some getting used to; but after I became accustomed to using it, it was great for Remote Play and it was pretty comfortable. I routinely can play for hours using it, so I don't think you would have a problem with long playing sessions.

LRG Sale Round 2 Update
Deemo: The Last Recital - 13% Remaining
Broken Age - 14% Remaining

I'm amazed these haven't sold out. People were going nuts for Asian English versions of Deemo. Of course people may have passed on LRG because they have the Asian English version.....

Quantity was a little high on these as well.

I have small hands and this remote play grip.

I actually think it works great, though I haven't used it for a long long session, mostly 1-3hrs max with no discomfort. Of note, the grip also fits with a tempered glass screen protector on the vita.

Thank you Tora and Fiss for the input on the grip :) I went ahead and ordered one. I probably won't be playing more than an hour at a time - I picked one up just to play in the evenings as I wind down for sleep :D

Thank you Tora and Fiss for the input on the grip :) I went ahead and ordered one. I probably won't be playing more than an hour at a time - I picked one up just to play in the evenings as I wind down for sleep :D
No problem. Please let us know how it works out for you when you get it! I hope its as comfortable for you as it is for others :)

Vita Collection as of now.

Vita Collection so far. Plus some anime blu-rays.

Games that don't have boxart is Supremacy MMA, Hyperdimension Neptunia R2, Army Corps of Hell, and Dragon's Crown. I have Super Monkey Ball as well but that got cut out. lol

I see you have A.W. Phoenix, is that game worth the price of import? Been debating for a while, but that game did not make the cut into my upcoming round of imports arriving next week.

I see you have A.W. Phoenix, is that game worth the price of import? Been debating for a while, but that game did not make the cut into my upcoming round of imports arriving next week.
It's alrite. If you collect Physical Asia Only English games, go for it.

bread's done
Back