PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Undertale for Vita, Ps4 annouced at ps pre show. that limited physical copy with gold locket looks like it will sell out very quickly. I'll like the trailer here in the morning wheb I have comouter access. 

EDIT: wow I was kind of tired when I typed that. lol here is the video.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/U-zO5hKz4cI[/youtube]

Undertale for Vita, Ps4 annouced at ps pre show. that limited physical copy with gold locket looks like it will sell out very quickly. I'll like the trailer here in the morning wheb I have comouter access.
https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita

Dear sweets triple chocolate cheesecake, LRG announced a slew of Vita games! And that was a shock announcement from FanGamer. The only game I had anticipated them to handle distribution of sometime in the coming months was Shakedown Hawaii, which apparently has thus far gone unmentioned at E3?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 2nd Quarter
Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours (6/23)
God Wars: Future Past (6/20)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (6/27)
Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)
- 3rd Quarter
Chaos;Child (3rd Quarter)
Collar X Malice (7/28)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (9/26)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (7/25)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (July)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)

Ubdertale (3rd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (9/5)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (9/12)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
2064: Read Only Memories (TBA)
Bard's Gold (TBA)
Battle Princess Madelyn (TBA)
Claire: Extended Cut (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Tokyo Tattoo Girls (4th Quarter)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (4th Quarter)
Ys Origin (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

I hope Shadow Of Colossus comes to VITA.
Remote Play homie.
Sadly, I think remote play is the best bet as well. I only have a PS3 currently, so I tried remote play rather early on with SotC there, and it worked great. Of course, due to the needed buttons and such, I didn't put much time in to it, as Ico was the much better game in regards to controls to play on the Vita.

The new version looks amazing, and while I have the collection for the PS3, I've never finished it, so I'll just wait and pick the new version up once I get a PS4 down the road. While a Vita release would be amazing, no chance in hell they get that running on the Vita in any solid capacity. The best we could have ever hoped for would have been a port of the PS2 game, or a PS3 collection port, and those opportunities are long gone.

Hell, I think this is the first E3 since the Vita launch, where it didn't get a single mention, so Sony I would say is officially done with it, at least in the west. It's still selling at a good clip in Japan, so no telling what we may see in regards to games from there, but Sony has been done for awhile now, and ain't coming back :-({|=

Anyone play GOD EATER RESURRECTION on Vita? It's currently on sale on the ps store and I'm looking for opinions on how it looks and functions on vita before making a decision.

Bought Nep Nep Sega online from GS since I can't find stock in my local store.

It was gutted with a pain-in-the-ass-to-remove round sticker across the case to pretend it was new.

God damn it.

EDIT: I know AMZ matched it but I had some GS credit left.

Great job as usual with the list. Any chance at a list showing where these games will be since some are exclusive to certain stores?
Be careful what you ask for... sometimes you get it. 8-[

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Both Regions 1 & 2 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2017 -
- 2nd Quarter

Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)
- 3rd Quarter
Collar X Malice (7/28)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (8/31)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (8/15)
Undertale (3rd Quarter)
- Release Date Not Yet Announced
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)
Bard's Gold (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
Ys Origin (TBA)

- 2018 -

- Special Edition Pre-Order Updates -

- Aksys Games -
Tokyo Xanadu
Limited Edition - Available
- $69.99
- http://aksysgames.com/tx/
- Release Date: June 30th, 2017

- Atlus -
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
Limited Edition - Available
- $39.99
- http://atlus.com/uta/truth/home.html
- Release Date: September 5th, 2017

- Idea Factory -
Nothing announced.

- Limited Run Games -
Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours
Limited Physical Edition - On Sale Release Date
- $49.99
- https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-66-dariusburst-cs-vita
- Release Date: June 23rd, 2017

- Marvelous! / XSeed Games -
Nothing announced.

- NIS America -
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Limited Edition - Less than 25% remaining.
- $79.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: September 26th, 2017

God Wars: Future Past
Limited Edition - SOLD OUT!
- $74.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/god-wars-future-past-limited-edition
- Release Date: June 20th, 2017

Tokyo Tattoo Girls
Limited Edition - Not yet available.
- $ TBA
- Release Date: 4th Quarter 2017

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Limited Edition - Not yet available.
- $ TBA
- http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/yomawari-midnight-shadows
- Release Date: 4th Quarter 2017

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Limited Edition - Less than 50% remaining.
- $69.99
- http://store.nisamerica.com/games/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-limited-edition-ps-vita
- Release Date: September 12th, 2017

Listed alphabetically by publisher.

- 505 Games

- Aksys Games
Collar X Malice (7/28)
Tokyo Xanadu (6/30)

- Atlus/Sega
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (TBA)

- FanGamer
Undertale (3rd Quarter)

- GaijinWorks
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (8/15)

- Idea Factory (Iffy)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (8/31)

- Limited Run Games (LRG)
Bard's Gold (TBA)
Croixleur Sigma (TBA)
Factotum 90 (TBA)
Forma.8 (TBA)
Mercenary Kings (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (3rd Quarter)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt & Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Va-11 Hall-A (TBA)
Ys Origin (TBA)

- Nippon Ichi Software America (NISA)

- PQube/Rice Digital

- Tokyo Otaku Mode

Is there a way to have a sub account on a second Vita that shares the benefits of the main account, like you can with PS3/PS4? Everything I search for just talks about PS4.

Is there a way to have a sub account on a second Vita that shares the benefits of the main account, like you can with PS3/PS4? Everything I search for just talks about PS4.
No, I don't believe you can have a sub-account. What you can do is log into two different Vitas with the same account. Your PSN account can have more than one Vita system registered to it at the same time. I do this with my Vita and my Vita TV. I'm not sure what the current limit on number of Vita's per account is, but it's definitely at least two.

Do you need to have played the previous games to be able to enjoy the Danganronpa series, or can I just jump in on V3?
The story is a big part of these games. You could probably jump in on V3, but they will be constantly dropping references to things you don't know about. They did a good job with the second game of making the story self-contained. But you get more out of the story by knowing about what happened in the previous games.

I would recommend picking up the PS4 release of the first two games in the series. Or if you are limited to the Vita, you can always just try getting those original releases. (though they will likely be a little harder to get your hands on) The Ultra Despair Girls side-story game is optional. While it ties into the same over-arching story, it is very much a tangent, and won't likely be required playing.

Agreed.

I also think the two anime series tied up some loose ends and some major questions around the meta-story very well, though some people dislike it.

I would say 1+2+Two Anime Series is recommended. Ultra Despair Girls is very fun if you are invested in the characters from 1.

I also agree that playing the first two Danganronpa games are important.

if time is a factor you could watch thre anime of the first game than play the 2nd game [since there is no anime of that] .

tumblr_inline_nb3k5qClZ71slb8ka.png

Aoi thinks you should play the first game first.

No, I don't believe you can have a sub-account. What you can do is log into two different Vitas with the same account. Your PSN account can have more than one Vita system registered to it at the same time. I do this with my Vita and my Vita TV. I'm not sure what the current limit on number of Vita's per account is, but it's definitely at least two.
The missus got a Vita, I was trying to share the games, but not trophies and saves.

No, the vita can't share anything at all between accounts.
you would have to use your main account on both vitas and turn off cloud saving as to not overwrite each other's save data.

you would have to use your main account on both vitas and turn off cloud saving as to not overwrite each other's save data.
Damn, did Sony do anything for the Vita that could actually be seen as a"benefit" of any kind? I mean it's region free, but barely, as you can't really do much in regards to DLC unless you have accounts from other regions, and they make that next to impossible.

And every other feature seems to come with the same levels of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" applied.

Be careful what you ask for... sometimes you get it. 8-[
Awesome job. I was really interested more in store exclusives details (the LRG stuff helps solve 80% of this) so I didn't miss out on anything good from some of the smaller companies.

This was one of the big limiting factors of the Vita with me. I didn't want my kids accidentally overwriting my cloud saves and trigger a bunch of trophy events.

The missus got a Vita, I was trying to share the games, but not trophies and saves.
This is where physical games rule. She can have her account and just stick to the physical games for now. Or just make sure, as mentioned, cloud saves and trophy synch is turned off. Heck might as well just keep wifi off most of the time if playing the same digital library.

I have to say GameStop has raised their prices on some Vita games. 

Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 was $24.99 now $29.99

Odin Sphere was $24.99 now $34.99

Persona 4 Golden was $19.99 now $29.99

Need For Speed MW was $24.99 now $29.99

Supremacy MMA was $29.99 now $34.99

Get the games while you can as GS is one of the only place to get Vita games besides Amazon, BestBuy, Ebay. I still remember when Supremacy MMA was under $10.

I have to say GameStop has raised their prices on some Vita games.
Bad for gamers, but maybe a sign for sellers that prices are starting to creep up. I'm gearing up to have one big push of sales to narrow my physical collection down very small. Looking to go more minimalist.

Was looking at the prices for a new PSP Go and started wondering if I should get a second, new vita sooner rather than later...
If you plan on sticking with the Vita for the long haul... it probably wouldn't hurt to buy an extra new system, leave it sealed, and store it. If you need it, you got one. If you get bored later and decide to sell it, you have a nice new sealed vita. Win win. If you want a cheap second system then go that route. PSP GO is a great system.

My Primary 8 gb Memory Card died. No matter what I could do, it would not let my Vita read my Carts or Downloaded Games. There goes my saves. But at least I uploaded most of them to the cloud. 

However, I apparently did not upload my Odinsphere Save. So there goes 8 hours. >

What's the general success rate on used Vita games from GameStop having cases? The stock of Odin Sphere seems to have dried up everywhere, but they're still in stock online at GS. Considering rolling the dice to see if I can score a CiB copy.

What's the general success rate on used Vita games from GameStop having cases? The stock of Odin Sphere seems to have dried up everywhere, but they're still in stock online at GS. Considering rolling the dice to see if I can score a CiB copy.
Get it you can always return it to the store.

is civ rev 2 a good game?  i liked civ rev on 360, and saw i could import a vita copy.. so wondered if its a servicable port (ala xcom) or really bad and skippable?

is civ rev 2 a good game? i liked civ rev on 360, and saw i could import a vita copy.. so wondered if its a servicable port (ala xcom) or really bad and skippable?
I imported Civ 2 for vita awhile back and love it :) It has been awhile since I've popped it in so I can't remember what the changes were from the first game. The only thing I remember being even remotely disappointing was no vita tv support, but iirc it was justified since there was a lot of touch controls. Plus it ended up being an amazing pick and play a bit here and there game, so I didn't miss the lack of vita tv support.

No problem. Please let us know how it works out for you when you get it! I hope its as comfortable for you as it is for others :)
So I've had the Vita + grip for about a week, mostly playing Diablo and Final Fantasy 14 remotely, and it's working out well :) The grip is kind of borderline big, but it's comfy and isn't hurting my hands :D Very much enjoying it!

Are there any good L2+R2 grips for Vita 1000? Actually any one that doesn't break the bank. I saw some eBay that seemed okay but in the $50ish range, that's high unless I know it's a quality product.

Are there any good L2+R2 grips for Vita 1000? Actually any one that doesn't break the bank. I saw some eBay that seemed okay but in the $50ish range, that's high unless I know it's a quality product.
The Joetsu one is all I can think of, but it's pricey and probably not durable (I have the Vita 2000 version and the tabs that hold the console in place sheared off).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-1000-for-L2-R2-buttons-mounted-grip-cover-Black-PlayStation-Vita-NEW-/282277952949?hash=item41b913bdb5:g:6~EAAOSwa~BYQioi

bread's done
Back