PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't believe any OFFICIAL word, but I'd rather have the current Vita anyway. The new features are OK I suppose, but you can't beat an OLED screen in my opinion.
I'm very happy with my OLED screen. Just anxious to see how the new screens look in comparison.

Plus, I do like the USB port...

weird how a lot of ppl who actually have the 2000 (and the old vita) like 2000 and are perfectly fine with it but it is those without it are all OLED or nothing...

weird how a lot of ppl who actually have the 2000 (and the old vita) like 2000 and are perfectly fine with it but it is those without it are all OLED or nothing...
Well me personally I just cannot justify the "upgrades" for the money it would cost me to get a Vita 2000. It basically comes down to how happy you are with your current Vita, and OLED > LCD is my personal opinion.

I'm not biased at all against the new Vita, already have two black 3G Vitas and am looking forward to one or two of the new model once they come out. I just won't "dump" my OLED Vitas for the new model, is all. They can all coexist. :mrgreen:

Is it that weird that those that spent the money and double dipped would say that? reallyyyy? lol

I for one love my OLED Vita, and will not buy the new one.

This thread is turning into a broken record about off topic stuff. Someone needs to start a Vita version 1 vs. version 2 thread.
Seriously, I recently got an OLED vita because I wanted the better screen but I'm kind of tired of every single question about the new vita turning into a list of reasons why people shouldn't get it, it's like some people are trying to justify their own decision to get the OLED vita and trying to convince themselves they aren't bitter about a new Vita being released. Maybe someone can just create a thread where they list the differences between the Old Vita and the Vita 2000 and we can stop talking about it in every Vita thread.

I won't worry... this is CAG, I doubt there are actually that many people here with 2000 or will get 2000 any time soon, not when 1000 is heavily discounted and having to pay import price for the 2000.

Yeah, the new Vita will be fine. What's really important is that it gets some games that people believe justify the price of entry.

Part of the reason I picked up a Vita in the first place was because the initial wave of launch titles dropped to $20. I prefer getting a system once a budget-friendly selection of games comes out. I would strongly recommend Hot Shots Golf for the Vita. It's everything you loved about older Hot-Shots games, but now on the Vita. For $20 it's well worth it, and can usually be found for less used or in clearance bins.

I personally managed to get copies of Little Big Planet, Mod Nation Racers, and Lumines all for less than $20 each in different sales or clearance bins. For me the Vita has been a relatively inexpensive handheld system to enjoy. Oddly enough, the two games for the system that I've played through to completion were the same games that I paid full price for. Virtue's Last Reward and Muramasa: Rebirth were worth it though.

I know this is the games thread, but this is as good a thread as any for this question.

I'm looking to protect my Vita.  What do you guys use and recommended for screen protectors/cases?  I just jumped on the tiger direct $100 Vita.  Anything I should purchase along with that?  I'm better that Vita came with bare minimum in terms of memory.  I find it very strange my old PSP GO has 32GB (16gb internal, 16gb card) and the whole thing would cost less than a 32gb Vita memory card.

edit: And since I just got a PS3 too, suggestions for cross buy games?

I just got a Vita and added all of the free games through PS Plus to my cart and did check out through the website before I got the system... how do I get them onto my Vita? I know I can just go find them individually within the store on the system but I thought they would just automatically download.

I just got a Vita and added all of the free games through PS Plus to my cart and did check out through the website before I got the system... how do I get them onto my Vita? I know I can just go find them individually within the store on the system but I thought they would just automatically download.
none of the games will download automatically unless you bought them directly from the PSVita. You have to do it manually from your Downloads Lists

I know this is the games thread, but this is as good a thread as any for this question.

I'm looking to protect my Vita. What do you guys use and recommended for screen protectors/cases? I just jumped on the tiger direct $100 Vita. Anything I should purchase along with that? I'm better that Vita came with bare minimum in terms of memory. I find it very strange my old PSP GO has 32GB (16gb internal, 16gb card) and the whole thing would cost less than a 32gb Vita memory card.

For screen protection i order today a Hori full front protector, http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_2, it got good reviews and cover the screen and all the front face. For case i got the case that come with the collector edition of Muramasa, another option is the Pull and Go Folio, that was mention earlier on this threat.

For memory, like umbry said, the 16GB is on sale.

For screen protection i order today a Hori full front protector, http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_2, it got good reviews and cover the screen and all the front face. For case i got the case that come with the collector edition of Muramasa, another option is the Pull and Go Folio, that was mention earlier on this threat.

The pull n go is OOS except at GS, which it is $30. :( It looks great though!

I second the Hori protector. The application instructions aren't the best, but you can find good how-to videos on YouTube.

If you don't want to fork over the money for a Pull and Go folio, the Rocketfish Vault Case is awfully good. Doesn't hold much in the way of accessories, but it's incredibly sturdy. Never had any issues keeping my Vita in it.

Found MLB 13 for $8.98 at Target.  Also found an $8.99 used pull n go case at Gamestop that I bought....hopefully Gamestop will take back my new one.  I have the receipt just not the wrapping.

Found MLB 13 for $8.98 at Target. Also found an $8.99 used pull n go case at Gamestop that I bought....hopefully Gamestop will take back my new one. I have the receipt just not the wrapping.
Nice, guess I'll be stopping by Target on the way home.

I'm looking to protect my Vita. What do you guys use and recommended for screen protectors/cases? I just jumped on the tiger direct $100 Vita. Anything I should purchase along with that? I'm better that Vita came with bare minimum in terms of memory. I find it very strange my old PSP GO has 32GB (16gb internal, 16gb card) and the whole thing would cost less than a 32gb Vita memory card.

Your Go came out of the box w/ just the internal memory, the card you paid for it. OLED vita has 0000 internal memory, you need minimum a card if the game doesn't save in it's own cart.
For basic protection, get the $2 official sony screen protector for the vita from Amazon.

Mine has the muramasa hard case and the front protector of the same bundle and if I take it out of the house I put it w the hard case into the Hori case that has the dots design.

I picked up 2 copies of MLB 13 vita at $8.98 on clearance at Target for my son and myself. We're not sports game people but the price was good enough to add to the library of games. Debating if I should keep them or return. Never played MLB on any system. Is there enough value for $9 and is this game something that can be played for 45 minutes once in a while or does it need more dedication to enjoy it?

Another question, hope it's not stupid. Was at TRU and needed to buy something extra to reach a dollar limit and they had an official Sony PSP accessory kit for $2.50 that included ear buds. Will these ear buds work with the vita? Do all random brand ear buds work with Vita? Only opened my system about a week ago and haven't experimented yet.

I picked up 2 copies of MLB 13 vita at $8.98 on clearance at Target for my son and myself. We're not sports game people but the price was good enough to add to the library of games. Debating if I should keep them or return. Never played MLB on any system. Is there enough value for $9 and is this game something that can be played for 45 minutes once in a while or does it need more dedication to enjoy it?

Another question, hope it's not stupid. Was at TRU and needed to buy something extra to reach a dollar limit and they had an official Sony PSP accessory kit for $2.50 that included ear buds. Will these ear buds work with the vita? Do all random brand ear buds work with Vita? Only opened my system about a week ago and haven't experimented yet.
Vita is a standard 3.5 mm jack same as the PSP so they should work fine.

I'll third the Hori screen protector have one on my 3ds and Vita and had one on my ol' PSP 1000.

Easy to apply, very clear, and good fitment.

Got my Vita fairly recently and looking forward to future deals. Specifically Tearaway as I missed the Amazon digital sale.

I'll third the Hori screen protector have one on my 3ds and Vita and had one on my ol' PSP 1000.

Easy to apply, very clear, and good fitment.

Got my Vita fairly recently and looking forward to future deals. Specifically Tearaway as I missed the Amazon digital sale.
Tearaway is $20 at GS. I just got a copy myself.

Just joined VitaCAG.  Got one off Craigslist.  The guy just bought it a month ago, gave me his Best Buy receipt to prove it.  3G/Wifi system with screen protector, 32GB card, and Tearaway for $180.  Pretty solid deal, especially considering how recent the system was purchased.

The games is worth $9 if you are a baseball fan. I played MLB 12 and only things it didn't have that the PS3 version had was better graphics and less in-between videos, taking away from the immersion a little. From the reviews they improved on the videos and graphics as well. I easily could play a game in 15-20 minutes on Road to the Show mode. Check reviews but it should have all the features the PS3 version has as well.

I updated the first post a little bit. Some prices dropped a little bit, while others went up. 

Let me know if you guys see other deals and I will update. Thanks!

I have Gravity Rush (on ps4) and its terrible. I couldnt recommend it to anyone, if someone has the patience to play it for an hour,well bless you.

I think anything over 2$ is wildly overpaid for that game. Id have to strongly recommend getting a ps+ over paying 16$ for it
You must be thinking of a totally different game. Gravity Rush is awesome, and is not on PS4

I have Gravity Rush (on ps4) and its terrible. I couldnt recommend it to anyone, if someone has the patience to play it for an hour,well bless you.

I think anything over 2$ is wildly overpaid for that game. Id have to strongly recommend getting a ps+ over paying 16$ for it
This comment makes a ton of sense.

I bought one of the PS2 Katamari games it's just not my thing. 

Got my Persona from Amazon finally in the mail yesterday, can't wait to try it out.

Been looking around for ANY cheaper deal on Ys but it seems futile.

I bought one of the PS2 Katamari games it's just not my thing.

Got my Persona from Amazon finally in the mail yesterday, can't wait to try it out.

Been looking around for ANY cheaper deal on Ys but it seems futile.
Ys can be had for about $25 on AWD if you are patient. I have also seen the Silver edition go for as low as $35 on AWD as well.

Ys can be had for about $25 on AWD if you are patient. I have also seen the Silver edition go for as low as $35 on AWD as well.
Are the Silver editions new or used? I was just about to buy it for about $48 but if it's that price then I'll just wait.

edit: I mean are they beat up or anything like that? Would be kinda nervous about buying a CE from something like that.

bread's done
Back