PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Target has Borderlands 2 for the Vita for $12.99 on their site right now.
Oh, shoot. I noticed that a few days ago, but I forgot to mention it as I had just bought it from Amazon. I figured they were price matching them or something, as Amazon currently has it for the same price. (Still out of stock, though my copy is arriving on Friday, so I'm guessing they're shipping them out as they get them.)

Oh, shoot. I noticed that a few days ago, but I forgot to mention it as I had just bought it from Amazon. I figured they were price matching them or something, as Amazon currently has it for the same price. (Still out of stock, though my copy is arriving on Friday, so I'm guessing they're shipping them out as they get them.)
Yup, I was just going to post Amazon is matching it but out of stock. To me it's worth the $2.50 to have the game shipped to me versus having to stop by a BB or spend $30 at a BB. Not to mention I opted for the later delivery so I get $1 towards media purchases on Amazon.

Didn't we just have this argument a couple of weeks ago?

I don't really have a choice, I got it as a bundle.
Every time BL2 is even remotely mentioned... it's an argument.

I got it for $10, doesn't bother me. (and yes I've played the Hell out of it on PC, and have the HC on PS4 as well)

Went to another Target today and found Minecraft for $10 but they wanted $27 for Borderlands 2.  I tried to get them to price match it but the manager would not have it since it was already on clearance.  All options for in-store pickup at $12 were disabled for it as well.

Didn't we just have this argument a couple of weeks ago?

I don't really have a choice, I got it as a bundle.
Yes, but I'm not really trying to argue - just warning those who may not be aware. I get that some people may not care but as ports go it's about as bad as they come... And I've played through the game 3 times between PS3/PS4.

Never played Little Deviants.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from that one as well. :lol:

I thought Borderlands 2 Vita was a pretty strong port, myself, with one major problem: The fact that you have to use touch functionality due to the lack of L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons. And I'm talking about using touch functionality for major, extremely common things. And it REALLY hurts it.

But otherwise - technically speaking - the game carries over surprisingly well to the less-powerful hardware.

I agree... If it wasnt for the major headache that it gave me from the FOV i could have really gotten into it. I got further in the ps3 version, but same thing happened.

From my research thats the bottom line. Awesome game if the FOV doesnt bother you.

You didn't by chance jot down the DPCIs on those PSP 2-packs?
Sorry, mate. I know one of them had a syphon filter game. I want to say that one of the other ones was Secret Agent Clank and Daxter combo. I'm not sure if there was another type of two-pack there.

Also, the Target at Southern and Dobson had a pretty large selection which were unmarked on an end cap next to the actual clearance section. Bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for $10 and Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15. Saw Street Fighter x Tekken for 20, Rayman Legends $15 (I scanned this one and the ones I bought to see whether the end-cap items were clearanced), Lumines, and a couple of Lego games. I did not price scan everything. Best of luck!

For the love of God, don't play BL2 on Vita. Especially if you've never played the game before... It's nearly Little Deviants bad.
That's a little strong... Little Deviants is a nearly unplayable collection of terrible minigames.

Borderlands 2 is port of a great game that makes some concessions (enemy count, textures, etc) and still has some framerate issues. I can forgive framerate issues in a great game (blighttown!) and I can forgive concessions in a port to a handheld. I don't expect it to be as good as it is on PS3 or PS4.

Little Deviants, however, is just bad minigames.

Anyone play the Vita version of Tecmo's Deception? Any good? I think it's called Blood Ties but I can't remember which number in the series it is.

anyone else see any deals in their local stores? i havent seen ANYTHING locally. ive pretty much had to pricematch clearance sales at other stores to clear out the stock around here.  i think most of the stores near me are actually trying to get rid of their vita selections because no one is buying them

anyone else see any deals in their local stores? i havent seen ANYTHING locally. ive pretty much had to pricematch clearance sales at other stores to clear out the stock around here. i think most of the stores near me are actually trying to get rid of their vita selections because no one is buying them
I haven't seen a Vita game in the wild for months. It's pathetic and such a waste. At least we have PSN and PS+, but Sony has really been dipping on quality PS+ offerings lately. Nothing worth keeping on it more than a couple days.

Speaking of Borderlands 2, Amazon seems to have it in stock again for $12.50, but the price is reserved for Prime members only. I have never seen that before. Is that a new thing? Kind of alarming if the best prices are behind a paywall. Imagine if they do that to Black Friday deals.

Speaking of Borderlands 2, Amazon seems to have it in stock again for $12.50, but the price is reserved for Prime members only. I have never seen that before. Is that a new thing? Kind of alarming if the best prices are behind a paywall. Imagine if they do that to Black Friday deals.
Amazon is starting to do special pricing for Prime members, so this may be a new trend. Super Mario Maker was only 49.99 to pre-order, but you had to have Prime. If you didn't it came up as 59.99 from what I understand.

Prime Day says hello.

Anyone play the Vita version of Tecmo's Deception? Any good? I think it's called Blood Ties but I can't remember which number in the series it is.
I just played a bit of it and it found it to be pretty fun. The game ran well on the vita. It's currently the fourth game in the series and it has an updated version called The Nightmare Princess which includes some challenge missions and extra characters to use.

It's Deception IV (Trapt being III). Haven't played it, but there's an updated version. We didn't get the Vita version in physical form, but Asia did.

Edit: Guess I could have refreshed the page first.

Last edited by a moderator:
it makes sense for amazon to have Prime specials; they're selling the (fantastic) service too. If they can get more subscribers, and make existing subscribers happier, by providing some extra deals... then I don't blame them. Of course, we subscribe to Prime and use it all the time [amazon has become our biggest source of general everyday sundries with subscribe and save, etc] so it's no skin off my back. But assuming the deal would exist at all if Prime didn't exist is a mistake... look at it as a deal that wouldn't exist otherwise, and then you won't get upset if you don't have Prime.

i've heard only good things about the game.

I just played a bit of it and it found it to be pretty fun. The game ran well on the vita. It's currently the fourth game in the series and it has an updated version called The Nightmare Princess which includes some challenge missions and extra characters to use.
It's the fifth game in the series, actually; the fourth was called Trapt, and so wasn't included in the number count by the localizing publisher.

it makes sense for amazon to have Prime specials; they're selling the (fantastic) service too. If they can get more subscribers, and make existing subscribers happier, by providing some extra deals... then I don't blame them. Of course, we subscribe to Prime and use it all the time [amazon has become our biggest source of general everyday sundries with subscribe and save, etc] so it's no skin off my back. But assuming the deal would exist at all if Prime didn't exist is a mistake... look at it as a deal that wouldn't exist otherwise, and then you won't get upset if you don't have Prime.
But it did exist without Prime. They dropped the price to $12.99 last week, then it went into backorder but was still purchasable, and now it seems to be in stock again, only this time for Prime members exclusively. I doubt this was the first or that this will be the last time something like this happens.

But it did exist without Prime. They dropped the price to $12.99 last week, then it went into backorder but was still purchasable, and now it seems to be in stock again, only this time for Prime members exclusively. I doubt this was the first or that this will be the last time something like this happens.
I get why you're bothered, but my point was -- in this case, they had a deal that was available to all. Then they had another deal (which happened to be the same price) that was available only to Prime Members. Assume they wouldn't have done this second deal at all if Prime didn't exist.

See, the issue here is that I -pay money- for Prime. So why is it a problem if I occasionally get slightly better deals? I've -subsidized- those deals by paying a fixed yearly fee. A non-member hasn't. It's not surprising, odd, unfair, or sleazy if Amazon caters to people that have paid them for a service by rewarding them with extra deals here and there.

Now, taking that a step further, assume my purchase of Prime really does 'subsidize' the deal. So, just pretend the deal never would have existed without Prime, so if you don't have prime, it's no big deal. Sure, in the case you're talking about a previous deal had the same price, but that's still technically a different deal. Perhaps they sold Round 1 of inventory at that price, and then reserved any cancelled orders or excess inventory for Prime Members.

So you are saying there is another handheld console that has BL2 on it?
Well, if you want to get technical, yes - you could play it on a Shield.

I'm saying you're better off sticking to the console because in my opinion, even for a portable port(heh!), it's not very good.

I'm actually quite surprised that so many of you think it's fine, maybe we played a different game or I have higher standards in regards to the word "playable". I love BL2 and was excited for the Vita launch... I was even patient and waited for the patches before throwing in the towel. The frame rate is still bad, the touchpad usage is a pain(literally and figuratively), and other smaller issues make a great game only mediocre at best.

I won't argue my points any further though, I think I've said enough. I'll just have to agree to disagree with anyone who thinks this version of the game is good.

Well, if you want to get technical, yes - you could play it on a Shield.

I'm saying you're better off sticking to the console because in my opinion, even for a portable port(heh!), it's not very good.

I'm actually quite surprised that so many of you think it's fine, maybe we played a different game or I have higher standards in regards to the word "playable". I love BL2 and was excited for the Vita launch... I was even patient and waited for the patches before throwing in the towel. The frame rate is still bad, the touchpad usage is a pain(literally and figuratively), and other smaller issues make a great game only mediocre at best.

I won't argue my points any further though, I think I've said enough. I'll just have to agree to disagree with anyone who thinks this version of the game is good.
How can you compare a home console and handheld console? If that is the came then the console version is horrendous compared to the PC version. What is sad is this generation has really forgotten what gaming on a handheld system was really like.

Granted I've only spent about an hour with the Vita version of BL2, but so far I think it's pretty great for what it is and I'm enjoying it.  Is there something genuinely broken about the game later on, or is it just the same occasional performance hiccups and long load times?

For a $10.00 physcial copy it was hard to say no :)

Stopped my local walmart to check for any vita games on sale. Had a few games for $20 and oddly enough they rayman legends for $29.99 even though it was $20 last week weird. All of them are in a clearance rack but so far none have been marked down much if at all. 

I played through Vita BL2 once and a bit of the second difficulty. It is definitely playable. I don't mind lower graphics quality, but the slowdowns and load times are painful. For $10 it is worth picking up if you are a fan of the series. I got it at launch and don't regret it.

Everything is clearanced at my Target also. Super Monkey ball and lego chima for 9.98 and a game called dungeon hunter, lumines, and one last copy of killzone mercenary for 14.98, the last of which I quickly snapped up. I havent seen it for less than 20 anywhere else so far.

You didn't by chance jot down the DPCIs on those PSP 2-packs?
Sorry, mate. I know one of them had a syphon filter game. I want to say that one of the other ones was Secret Agent Clank and Daxter combo. I'm not sure if there was another type of two-pack there.

Also, the Target at Southern and Dobson had a pretty large selection which were unmarked on an end cap next to the actual clearance section. Bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for $10 and Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $15. Saw Street Fighter x Tekken for 20, Rayman Legends $15 (I scanned this one and the ones I bought to see whether the end-cap items were clearanced), Lumines, and a couple of Lego games. I did not price scan everything. Best of luck!
Here you are:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330363-target-clearance-thread-xxii/?p=12898553

And Nice to have someone in Phoenix again! I think...

Yeah they had some stuff on clearance the week before Mario & Sonic went on sale but at that time I didn't think much of it. There is a fair amount now at Power/Ray and the Baseline McClintock one.

How can you compare a home console and handheld console? If that is the came then the console version is horrendous compared to the PC version. What is sad is this generation has really forgotten what gaming on a handheld system was really like.
Not comparing, but rather saying if someone has never played BL2 then play it on a console, as the two versions *aren't* comparable.

So here's my BL2 question --  I've plat'd it on PS3.   I know it shares the same trophy list, but one thing I never played was any of the DLC.   Is there a way for me to import my character?  I no longer have the disc for PS3... though I [probably] have save files on my ps3.

Or should I just replay it entirely on Vita... maybe with a different class?

Went to the Target that time forgot tonight. Tons of Vita games, Killzone, Ridge Racer, Rayman, a couple others. Tons of double pack Sypthon Filter PSP, along with a Clank and Daxter double, bunch of other singles. Car PSP charger, stuff like that.

Grabbed one Killzone, left the rest.

My target in North Florida had for $9.98

Ridgeracer
Need for Speed (bought it)
Mortal Kombat (bought it)
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Lego something
Super Monkey Balls

For $15
Lumines

So here's my BL2 question -- I've plat'd it on PS3. I know it shares the same trophy list, but one thing I never played was any of the DLC. Is there a way for me to import my character? I no longer have the disc for PS3... though I [probably] have save files on my ps3.

Or should I just replay it entirely on Vita... maybe with a different class?
You'll need the game as well as the saves. A PS3 copy can be found for $3-5 these days.

I should also point out not all DLC is on Vita, just 2 of the story/mission packs, the 2 characters and the level cap increase. While it's not the whole lot(which nearly rivals the amount of content in the full game), it's still around 10 hours of added gameplay or so.

You guys are making me jelly. I can hardly find Anything local, and if i do they are borderlands 2, lumines, or MLB at full price. Bah humbug!! Ahaha

i've heard only good things about the game.
It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random. The "deals" just seem like ordinary sales you can get anywhere. It's really dumb because they dont even always have the best price. I'm a prime member and don't buy into that shit at all. 3 or 4 years ago they had better deals without prime.

Prime is a nice service, but honestly the only reason I kept it another year was for the HBO shows - the streaming is the ONLY value I get out of it. But I already have Netflix and Hulu+ too and don't want to give them up. Since I pretty much watched what i wanted of HBO, I'm not sure I will pay for another year. I did almost bite on the $130 Fire phone since I need a new phone anyway and 1 year of prime is a nice bonus, but not sure I will spit out $100 for prime itself.

Prime member deals, their version of GCU, PUR, Sam's Club, Costco, etc....
Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...

Isnt GCU 20% of all games you buy? Even those already on sale? That sounds miles better than what Amazon is trying to implement lol. It would be nice if Amazon just gave even 5% or 10% of non-prime price for anything you buy (in certain categories of course), so you'd always feel like you are getting a better deal. Instead it just sounds like random things are locked for prime members for no apparent reason at all.

I'm actually a prime member so I don't yet know HOW stupid this is, but it has sounded like a really weird experiment to me. I'm not sure if I will renew prime so I might find out just how bad it is in a couple months...
No, I agree, the way they are going about it does seem a bit odd. I was just comparing it to other paid memberships that give discounts.

It really doesn't make sense. They have put lots of blu Ray movies behind same paywall... and to me it just seems... random.
As far as I can tell they're trying to add "value" to Prime by making certain items exclusively available for Prime members only. But as you said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain items are selected. For example, take Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on PS3 and Xbox One. It's available exclusively for Prime members. The PS4 and Xbox 360 versions however are still available to all.

Even stranger is the fact that these both became Prime exclusive only about a week or two ago. I hope this doesn't last, but since they started this program in April they've been adding more and more items to the "Prime exclusive" list, and show no signs of slowing down.

This doesn't actually affect me, as I do Prime, but it seems like Amazon is slowly getting worse and worse all the time.

bread's done
Back