PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Used code Welcome30 for 30% off first purchase from Giltcity. Drops the $15 price to $10.50. One tip is that you will need to create your jet.com account and be logged into your account prior to adding the $30 code to your order. If you add the code to your jet.com order prior to creating your account, the system will think the code is used and you will have to contact support to fix the issue. Received my $30 code in about an hour.
Just got in on this! Waiting for my code to arrive...the waiting game continues....

Just to confirm for those wondering - you definitely can't overlap the 15 off for new customers with the 30.  It'll override it.   Sad but true, but still a good deal.

ALSO --- if anyone wants that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 let me know, i picked it up for one of you not me.

grr. after my dream combo of $15 off for a new customer plus $30 off from gilt didn't work out, I ended up getting Akiba's Trip + a vita power cable.

I debated between Akiba's Trip or (Resistance + Ys) and ultimately flipped a coin.

Akiba's plus a travel usb cord for around 13 bucks ain't bad, though.
I picked up Akiba's Trip on PS3 and Vita from Jet using the $30 off code. Those games never seem to drop in price.

I only have a 4GB memory Card on my Vita.Is it worth it to pick up a 16GB Memory Card from Jet.com? Or should I just wait for a 32 GB card to go on sale?

I only have a 4GB memory Card on my Vita.Is it worth it to pick up a 16GB Memory Card from Jet.com? Or should I just wait for a 32 GB card to go on sale?
I would go for it. I have my 32gb half full after like 10-15 games.

Depends how many digital games you buy.

I really wanted dancing all night, but I really do not understand why it's a $50 game. If it would have been $30 I would have been all over it but at $50 I just can't do it.

Took about two-three hours to get my code. Was able to pick up Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and floss for $.60. Had to use three different credit cards, but nonetheless. So now I have the first two games for $15. Can't beat that.

yeah I'm tempted to use my regular money and buy this buy could someone help clarify to me how this works. I've looked it up and see it everywhere but I just still can't fully wrap my head around it. It's a game that connects to a table thing and I put this figures on it to import said character to play as? But is the game itself any good? With version 3.0 of this stuff coming out (really soon I think) are these things going to be obsolete or will they carry over into the next version. $25 seems a good price for it but I'm just still not fully understanding what the hell it is. Maybe I'm just old.
I don't know about the Vita version but the console versions give you a Starter Pack with a Toy Box mode where you can create your own small stages or mini games. You put your figure on the stand and it can be used in the game. There are also themed play sets with specific character sets (Spider-Man, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy). I played the Toy Box mode on 360 the other night with Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. The tutorial was rather simple for a long time gamer like myself. I suppose the fun comes in crafting your own levels and mini games, but I got bored after the first 10 minutes. I had wanted this game for the Marvel characters and I already have Drax the Destroyer and Hawkeye figures that I got for cheap on clearance but I never used them in-game because I lost interest. The big draw of the Vita version is that it's the only way to get the black costume Spider-Man figure. And I love my Vita, but most likely I would only use Spidey on my 360. Memory card space aside, Infinity doesn't really seem like a game I would want to play on Vita.

I had no idea the Vita even had an Infinity release -- and with the black suit Spidey.  Eh, why not for $25.

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if I should get Ys memories of Celceta+Gravity rush for 17 (after price of coupon) or if I should get Ys memories of Celceta+Gravity Rush+Animal Crossing new leaf for 25 (After 15 off code and coupon). Urgh tough decisions.

I don't know if I should get Ys memories of Celceta+Gravity rush for 17 (after price of coupon) or if I should get Ys memories of Celceta+Gravity Rush+Animal Crossing new leaf for 25 (After 15 off code and coupon). Urgh tough decisions.
Can't use the coupon and the discount code together.

Did anyone here still not get their US Steins Gate LE from Rice? I never got a shipping confirmation like I usually do, and when I contacted them, they said they had made some warehouse changes, and that orders had been shipped out by UPS on the 10th(but notices may or may not have been sent). Of course mine never arrived, so I think it never shipped.

I actually get notices from UPS as soon as my address hits their system, and I never got that from UPS. Rice is sending me a replacement, but its the UK version, as they sold out of the US one, and apparently don't hold stock for fuck ups.

So did anyone here never get a shipping notice, but your order still arrived(or hasn't yet)? I'm hoping my original order is still out there somewhere, but it's looking doubtful. UPS shipping never takes this long to arrive.

Did anyone here still not get their US Steins Gate LE from Rice? I never got a shipping confirmation like I usually do, and when I contacted them, they said they had made some warehouse changes, and that orders had been shipped out by UPS on the 10th(but notices may or may not have been sent). Of course mine never arrived, so I think it never shipped.

I actually get notices from UPS as soon as my address hits their system, and I never got that from UPS. Rice is sending me a replacement, but its the UK version, as they sold out of the US one, and apparently don't hold stock for fuck ups.

So did anyone here never get a shipping notice, but your order still arrived(or hasn't yet)? I'm hoping my original order is still out there somewhere, but it's looking doubtful. UPS shipping never takes this long to arrive.
Thank you for this post. I can't help you with your issue, but I was just able to order the Kongroo vita edition; which they must have released extra stock. The page was for the EU version, but the text at the bottom says it's the U.S. version of the game. Either way, my fiancé will be happy.

Thank you for this post. I can't help you with your issue, but I was just able to order the Kongroo vita edition; which they must have released extra stock. The page was for the EU version, but the text at the bottom says it's the U.S. version of the game. Either way, my fiancé will be happy.
It's probably a typo, They're out of stock on the US version page for the game. It shouldn't matter if you don't care about the slight change in box art though, since it's region free and doesn't have DLC.

That sucks, they sent me a UPS notice a few days in advance and I got mine on time. It does sound like they fuck ed up pretty badly with your order.

It's probably a typo, They're out of stock on the US version page for the game. It shouldn't matter if you don't care about the slight change in box art though, since it's region free and doesn't have DLC.

That sucks, they sent me a UPS notice a few days in advance and I got mine on time. It does sound like they fuck ed up pretty badly with your order.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Luckily they still have the EU version, so that one is on the way. I guess in the future, I'll have to keep a loser eye on release dates, and stay on top of shipping notices.

i have spare copies of Killzone, Minecraft, MLB15, and Super Monkey Ball.  (all new, still sealed).

I'm looking to trade for other Target games 1:1, or any Atlus titles for more than 1:1 (depending on the game).   I prefer something Atlus, but from the Target sale, I still need Tearaway, SF v. Tekken, Rayman Origins.....and I don't know what else at this point.

I've made two trades here for vita games recently and they went smoothly, so I'll keep up my end of the trade for sure.

Has anyone gotten their order from Jett.com yet? I would love to hear from you guys before I Pull the trigger.
My wife had heard of Jet from work, it's legit. I don't know that they actually ship stuff to you directly though? I think they aggregate other sellers or something (not totally sure). Half of my order has already shipped, but it won't be here for a couple days.

Let me rephrase then. You would play them via the cloud without having to download. Streaming if you will.
Please no. Even if every vita was a 3G model and sony offered unlimited free 3G data for everyone, it would still have problems in a lot of areas.

The memory cards will most likely go on sale for $20 and $40 for the 16gb and 32gb cards respectively on Black Friday at gamestop. If you can wait, and there's something else you want to use the jet credit on instead, then use it.

I went to jet.com (for the first time) and did a search for "Ps vita", and only the one game showed up. I guess I didn't look that hard, so it's all my fault for being lazy. Thanks for the info.
Here

I've been watching the stuff on jet's site since last week. Things have been going in and out of stock. A few days ago they still had Senran Kagura and a Neptunia(not sure if rebirth 2 or mk2). But they didn't have the Neptunia anime until I checked today(which I bought). So if there's something you see that you want, don't wait too long on it or it'll disappear. Likewise, if you don't see something you want, wait a bit. P4DAN might even show up in a few days. The sale for the credit ends in 3 days but once you buy it, it doesn't expire until December.

Tried to get in on the Vita clearance the other day because the store by me showed some of the clearance games in stock, but I didn't see anything on the shelves.

Went to a couple of other Targets nearby today though, and managed to find several games. Grabbed Lumines, Ridge Racer, SFxT, Walking Dead Season 2, and Borderlands 2. Saw Lego Chima, Dungeon Hunter, and MLB 15, but I passed on those. Might go to some other Targets later.

New customers get $15 off $35. Or Glitcity has $30 credit for like $10.50 after promo code welcome 30. Can't be combined though.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Luckily they still have the EU version, so that one is on the way. I guess in the future, I'll have to keep a loser eye on release dates, and stay on top of shipping notices.
Funny thing: I ordered the US Version from rice digital and the UK version shows up in the mail. I'm not complaining and don't really care but I'm assuming the "PEGI 16" on the box isn't US.

I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Jet site and Danganronpa is now OOS. dang. Ah well, I haven't even played the first one yet. They ported the PSP version to the Vita right?

There's no PSP version?
Danganronpa started on PSP, we just never got it and got the Vita port instead like three years later. If my understanding of the situation is correct but it definitely first came out on Vita in Japan in like 2010.

There's no PSP version?
44-032-ronpa.png

Sorry, had to :p but as Eld said, it originally came out on the PSP in Japan.

I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Jet site and Danganronpa is now OOS. dang. Ah well, I haven't even played the first one yet. They ported the PSP version to the Vita right?

Danganronpa started on PSP, we just never got it and got the Vita port instead like three years later. If my understanding of the situation is correct but it definitely first came out on Vita in Japan in like 2010.

44-032-ronpa.png

Sorry, had to :p but as Eld said, it originally came out on the PSP in Japan.
Forgive me, senpai(s)!

Grabbed Akiba's Trip and a charge cable for $12.18 including cost of coupon. Would have been cool to see the full Vita selection at the beginning of the Gilt deal.

Grabbed Akiba's Trip and a charge cable for $12.18 including cost of coupon. Would have been cool to see the full Vita selection at the beginning of the Gilt deal.
Now this is a game I've wanted for a while. Could you explain the coupon and where you got the offer?

Went to a few Targets over the weekend and ended up picking up Terraway ($11.98), Minecraft ($5.98), Lego Chima something or other ($5.98), Rayman Legends ($8.98), and Ridge Racer ($14.98). Overall pretty happy with what I found, but wished I could have found a cheap MVC3U. 

bread's done
Back