PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gilt City code is $20 off anything. The Jet code is for $15 off $35 or more.

Not to mention that you need a Jet membership before getting anything there, which I'll bet nobody had before this. You'd have to use Gilt City for that anyway.
Not true. I did the jet promo before the giltcity promo and they automatically give you a three month trial membership. Anyways Giltcity is the better way to go regardless.

The PSN Store still has a free demo you can try: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dungeon-travelers-2-the-royal-library-the-royal-seal-demo/cid=UP0005-PCSE00718_00-DUNTRAVEL2VTDEMO

I think progress/items that you make/get from that can transfer to the full game, but I might be mistaking this demo for Legend of Legacy's ( :3ds:).
Cool, I may check it out. I am going to buy it anyway just because I want it for my collection and figure that it'll be a difficult one to find, pretty sure Gamestop is the only retailer carrying the physical copies at least B&M anyway.

So they have a '2 pack' of Ys for vita on jet.  I have no idea why anyone would sell a 2pack of the same game, but they are.

I already did the gilt thing, but if someone can buy it with gilt [and especially if they can get the extra discount], and would be willing to go halfies on it with me, I'd be very, very interested.

Has anyone played Dungeon Travelers 2 yet? I'm going to pick it up because it's looking to be one of the harder games to get on the Vita physically down the line. I've heard good things about the game though and was wondering if anyone else has played it. I also hope to find some more games I don't have from Target this weekend, seems like I keep running into Terraway and Minecraft at my local stores though.
Yep. I'm in post-game currently.

Thoughts --

Dungeon design is solid, only gets better and better w/best in post-game.

Combat is solid. Some unique aspects, like spells take time to 'chant' before they go off. You don't give orders all at once, turn order is based on stats. Lots of support classes that are actually useful due to the way combat is designed.

Assets are well drawn. It's extremely fan-servicey -- any time you beat a boss or subboss you'll see them in in various states of undress, etc. It's downright ridiculous, but it is what it is and it's the sad state of many games in the genre now that if you want to dungeon crawl this is what you get.

Story is fine, i don't play for story but it seemed fine. Game has a decent sense of humor throughout.

Lewt system is odd, but fine. There's a crafting system, but good rares don't actually show up till late in post game for some reason. [You can craft better than you can find the rest of the game].

Lots of characters to choose from for your party, even more if you get the dlc. Each starting class can level into a new class twice (at lvl 15 and 30) and can respect at set intervals as well. So your fighter might become a Paladin then a Valkyrie, or a Berserker then a Dark Lord, for example (most classes have 2 to choose from at 15, then 3 to choose from at lvl 30... you get skills from all 3 classes your character 'used'... magic users have 3 then 4 different choices]. This gives a lot of room to develop both parties and characters in different ways.

An absolute ton of post-game content. Maybe even more dungeons/crawling then the main game.

Most trophies are very easy, though one will basically require you to either beat the postgame or grind [it's kill count, which you'll get naturally if you play the entire post-game, or you could just go to an early dungeon... I'd recommend doing post-game]

Not without fault [what game is?] but probably the best, or tied for best, drpg on Vita. I liked some aspects of Op Abyss better, but this is the more 'modern' game because Op Abyss's interface was a bit archaic at times due to it being based on an older game.

Cool, I may check it out. I am going to buy it anyway just because I want it for my collection and figure that it'll be a difficult one to find, pretty sure Gamestop is the only retailer carrying the physical copies at least B&M anyway.
Nope, BBY carries it. My main store in particular has like 5.

Went by another Target and grabbed Wolf Among Us and CoD: Black Ops Declassified.

Played first episode of Wolf Among Us and it's really good. It also looks and performs better than the other Telltale games on Vita.

Have not opened Blops Declassified. Thinking about returning it maybe. But I'm honestly not sure. Kind of picked it up because I've always been curious about it, despite reading that it is a very terrible game. For $15 though... I dunno. I could use that money on a better game. I mean it does come with a code for the PSP CoD, which makes the price better, but that game is fairly meh as well. I also already have Killzone so I don't know if there's even a point in owning this... Should I return it or just open it up? Bleh

Went by another Target and grabbed Wolf Among Us and CoD: Black Ops Declassified.

Played first episode of Wolf Among Us and it's really good. It also looks and performs better than the other Telltale games on Vita.

Have not opened Blops Declassified. Thinking about returning it maybe. But I'm honestly not sure. Kind of picked it up because I've always been curious about it, despite reading that it is a very terrible game. For $15 though... I dunno. I could use that money on a better game. I mean it does come with a code for the PSP CoD, which makes the price better, but that game is fairly meh as well. I also already have Killzone so I don't know if there's even a point in owning this... Should I return it or just open it up? Bleh
That's a pleasant surprise. Both Walking Dead games were pretty crappy. I've had it in the backlog for a while and might go to it next after beating Dancing All Night

Idk, Walking Dead S1 ran fine for me.
It ran well enough that over all I didn't find it unbearable. It definitely hung and stuttered and glitched and some real time sequences that happened after a load had to be tried multiple times because it started too slow. Still enjoyed it on the Vita though since I could play it in bed.

Is there a good list? I looked on wiki but it has everything in it and hard to sort through it.

Hooray! My forty-eight hour wait period for posting capability after account creation is over! Yes, there is a list, or to be entirely specific there is a Checklist and a Directory for all region 1 physical releases because as a collector no ordinary run of the mill list would ever suffice. Both are for Region 1 only as that's my home region. I update them within two days of all new game releases. Enjoy!

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/

So this is a thing...my order of Danganronpa 2 from Jet, which formerly said "fulfilled by Buy.com" and still hasn't shipped, now says "Fulfilled by A Jet Concierge found your item at Frys.com". Apparently this is actually a thing they do - having their employees basically just buy you the thing from another store. I guess I don't care as long as I get what I paid for but seriously, wut.

Dear God; do the other games brick your Vita and break your kneecaps?? Because Wolf Among Us runs terrible.
Season 1 of the Walking Dead runs about the same actually (only really lags/hangs when auto saving), except the graphics aren't quite as good. There's no shadows at all, and textures are worse.

Season 2 has better graphics than season 1, and has shadows, but it has a Lot more framerate drops. It also has a bunch of audio issues, were the sound crackles (which occasionally appear in the other two Telltale games, but not nearly as often or as bad).

Idk, performance of Walking Dead Season 1 is pretty similar to the PS3 version, and Wolf Among Us is pretty much the same as that (dunno how the PS3 version of Wolf runs though). I'd imagine that performance is probably best on PS4 or PC (but I prefer playing them on portables for whatever reason).

So this is a thing...my order of Danganronpa 2 from Jet, which formerly said "fulfilled by Buy.com" and still hasn't shipped, now says "Fulfilled by A Jet Concierge found your item at Frys.com". Apparently this is actually a thing they do - having their employees basically just buy you the thing from another store. I guess I don't care as long as I get what I paid for but seriously, wut.
Well that's better than getting a cancellation for sure. To some degree it makes sense though because making in roads against Amazon is all about getting customers to shop you and then providing such an outstanding experience that they come back. In business terms of customer acquisition and retention they're almost certainly losing money to get the business established if their goals are that grandiose.

Hooray! My forty-eight hour wait period for posting capability after account creation is over! Yes, there is a list, or to be entirely specific there is a Checklist and a Directory for all region 1 physical releases because as a collector no ordinary run of the mill list would ever suffice. Both are for Region 1 only as that's my home region. I update them within two days of all new game releases. Enjoy!

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/
how recent is that list updated? either way, excellent!

So no answer on why Monkeyball and hotshots golf were $20 at my Target? I thought they were supposed to be clearance?
Target clearance is always YMMV. My store has the games too but not as cheap as everyone else is getting. Some Targets are just more aggressive with clearance.

Reminder that Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Launch Edition comes out Tuesday and includes a soundtrack CD and special outer box for Vita version. I ordered from BB with GCU for $24 ($20 thanks to a $5 cert): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-launch-edition-ps-vita/3512743.p
Thanks for the reminder. Grabbed one.... well, actually, I grabbed 3 in the hopes that an order of 3 would end up shipping in a box rather than being stuffed into a flimsy bubble mailer envelope.

I was able to pick up Metal Gear solid HD, Borderlands 2, and AC 3 liberation. Willing to trade for or buy:

Ninja Gaiden

minecraft

jak and daxter

sly cooper

need for speed

street fighter x tekken

rayman legends

That there be some funny way to "compete".

Broke down and got Infinity 2.0. Anyone have impressions on it, potentially compared to the console versions which I already have? I didn't have the playset or discs so it seemed like a good deal.

Got a question for people who are using the jet.com. Can the code stack up? I'm talking about the $30 off code that is going on right now and the $15 off on the first purchase on the website?

Got a question for people who are using the jet.com. Can the code stack up? I'm talking about the $30 off code that is going on right now and the $15 one on the first purchase on the website?
No. If you had bothered to read one of the previous pages...you would have found that the answer comes up multiple times.

Guys I'm looking to get Soul Sacrifice on the PSN store, but I noticed there's a Delta version. Is the Delta version a sequel or is it like a GoTY version of Soul Sacrifice?

Would you recommend I get the delta over the original? 

Guys I'm looking to get Soul Sacrifice on the PSN store, but I noticed there's a Delta version. Is the Delta version a sequel or is it like a GoTY version of Soul Sacrifice?

Would you recommend I get the delta over the original?
Soul Sacrifice Delta is the super turbo hyper championship ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice. It includes everything from the original version and even more. I'd definitely recommend it even at the $20 MSRP which is still more than fair considering the staggering amount of content included.

Season 1 of the Walking Dead runs about the same actually (only really lags/hangs when auto saving), except the graphics aren't quite as good. There's no shadows at all, and textures are worse.

Season 2 has better graphics than season 1, and has shadows, but it has a Lot more framerate drops. It also has a bunch of audio issues, were the sound crackles (which occasionally appear in the other two Telltale games, but not nearly as often or as bad).

Idk, performance of Walking Dead Season 1 is pretty similar to the PS3 version, and Wolf Among Us is pretty much the same as that (dunno how the PS3 version of Wolf runs though). I'd imagine that performance is probably best on PS4 or PC (but I prefer playing them on portables for whatever reason).
PS3 version of Wolf has performance issues like most Telltale games on PS3, as well, but it's not really bad/bothersome...probably similar to Walking Dead Season 1, like you said. Oddly enough, the intro song/movie at the beginning of each episode was where I noticed it the most. The music skipped/stuttered all over the place, and it seemed to get worse as the game went on (the beginning credits of each chapter would skip/stutter worse than the beginning credits of the last despite being the same song/animation).

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the super turbo hyper championship ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice. It includes everything from the original version and even more. I'd definitely recommend it even at the $20 MSRP which is still more than fair considering the staggering amount of content included.
Yeah, definitely this. I have a backlog and still love playing Soul Sacrifice. It wasn't quite the Monster Hunter killer Sony wanted but to me it so much more accessible and had tons of great lore style around it.

bread's done
Back