PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Yeah. I posted that article.

Trying to "be an amazon killer" doesn't mean it's a suitable target for AMZN to acquire. Jet needs to bring something to AMZN in the way of synergy, asset, or operational value.
Threats get acquired all the time, even if they have nothing really to offer.

you happen to know if the 27 you got were generic or real sony cases?
Is there anyway to tell? I put it up to a game from Gamestop and couldn't tell the difference. Now realizing Gamestop could be using generic cases but those 2 were identical. Logo or something?

Threats get acquired all the time, even if they have nothing really to offer.
Point out an example; I guarantee there is a synergy, asset, or operational benefit being acquired. Acquirers in M&A activity have to pay a premium vs. the target's intrinsic value in order to effect a deal. Companies are not going to pay that premium unless the benefit they can realize is greater than that premium. To do otherwise is to invite shareholder action.

Was on BB site to order   :vita: Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax and noticed   :vita: EDF 2: IFPS was up for preorder and comes out 10/20. It's $29.99/$23.99, shipping only http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026&productCategoryId=pcmcat265900050010

Wasn't sure if it was posted already but I'm not a big fan of the EDF games but maybe someone else is. MSRP but that's something that once BB sells out of, they most likely won't be restocking.

Point out an example; I guarantee there is a synergy, asset, or operational benefit being acquired. Acquirers in M&A activity have to pay a premium vs. the target's intrinsic value in order to effect a deal. Companies are not going to pay that premium unless the benefit they can realize is greater than that premium. To do otherwise is to invite shareholder action.
There is no point, because any example I give you can be easily countered with 'well, they had a sizeable user base worth acquiring' or 'well they had a lock on this specific niche' or 'they had patents worth picking up' or.... whatever fits your needs, because -obviously- the company has something that merited acquisition. Nobody is arguing Amazon is playing pin the tail on the donkey in choosing who to acquire. You're just running in semantic circles, but the point is, 'threat' encompasses all those things and more.

Anyway, way off topic so I won't post about it anymore.

Was on BB site to order :vita: Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax and noticed :vita: EDF 2: IFPS was up for preorder and comes out 10/20. It's $29.99/$23.99, shipping only http://www.bestbuy.com/site/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-ps-vita/5579026.p?id=1219653094996&skuId=5579026&productCategoryId=pcmcat265900050010

Wasn't sure if it was posted already but I'm not a big fan of the EDF games but maybe someone else is. MSRP but that's something that once BB sells out of, they most likely won't be restocking.
Sweet, I wasn't even aware that an EDF game was coming out on the Vita. I might have to pick that up.

I think I'll give it a try. With Corpse Party releasing on Tuesday I guess I should place the order on Sunday and hope they ship together.
If it's anything like my experience with Best Buy they will send both out in separate packages, possibly bubble mailers.

I underestimated the Best Buy Warehouse Monkey's ability to send me crushed games.  They wedged all three copies of Dengeki Bunko that I ordered (hoping it would force a boxed shipment) into a bubble mailer.   You can probably predict the result.

I underestimated the Best Buy Warehouse Monkey's ability to send me crushed games. They wedged all three copies of Dengeki Bunko that I ordered (hoping it would force a boxed shipment) into a bubble mailer. You can probably predict the result.
Probably came out worse than ordering a single copy, lol. My copy was only mildly crushed, not a big problem at all.

I underestimated the Best Buy Warehouse Monkey's ability to send me crushed games. They wedged all three copies of Dengeki Bunko that I ordered (hoping it would force a boxed shipment) into a bubble mailer. You can probably predict the result.
He who chases two rabbits catches neither.

Or three in this case.

That doesn't bode well for my plan...I don't have a Best Buy near that I can go pick the games up in person. Guess I'll just have to take my chances and hope for the best.

That doesn't bode well for my plan...I don't have a Best Buy near that I can go pick the games up in person. Guess I'll just have to take my chances and hope for the best.
I have GCU, but with the gamble on shipping damage and a few bad experiences with in-store pickup on preorders, I just spent the extra $10 to get Corpse Party from Amazon with release day prime shipping.

I think it has more to do with your location and which warehouse or store sending it out near you affects whether or not your packages are forcibly crammed into too small for the items.

Of course I can be completely wrong or in the minority here, but I'm in the NYC area and have almost never had an issue with bby packing my items in a way that would damage the packaging.

I do realize that I am lucky to be able to say that and I don't take it for granted.

Also thanks for EDF heads up, ordered one

Yeah I've never had any games come crushed from Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop, or anywhere. I'm always paranoid about it after reading people talk about it here though.

I think it has more to do with your location and which warehouse or store sending it out near you affects whether or not your packages are forcibly crammed into too small for the items.

Of course I can be completely wrong or in the minority here, but I'm in the NYC area and have almost never had an issue with bby packing my items in a way that would damage the packaging.

I do realize that I am lucky to be able to say that and I don't take it for granted.

Also thanks for EDF heads up, ordered one
I'm in the same area and my Onechanbara zii chaos came crushed as fuck

Well shit... guess my copy of fighting climax came in crushed as shit too.. *sigh* Damn you Best Buy. Just reordered like 3 copies heres to hopping one comes in right and they dont stuff them all in a bubble mailer like poor Callidus

They really do make no sense. I've gotten fragile CE's jammed in envelopes or crammed in bubble mailers with other stuff and crusshed to hell.. then they've shipped single vita games in oversized boxes with tons of air padding. Its nuts. 

I work in a amazon warehouse and i blame the people who overstuff the pods and make the item's crushed. I'm just a picker and if you see a damage item you can put on the computer screen it is damaged. I don't know if bestbuy is the samething but its getting into seasonal time and they push for people and the new seasonal workers to have a certain speed or rate to get the item out so expect alot of crushed items this holiday! (Not from me unless it's stupid groceries people buy online and its heavy as shit sometimes and that they are lazy to just go to the store and buy it -.-) i have not seen any vita le's from my time working there though mainly sex toys and a few hentai mouse pads. But after picking they go into the shippers section so blame them i guess ;d. But really after working there for about two weeks now i notice how easily it is to get a damage item. It makes me think about how risky it is for a collectors edition or big box item to make it out without a scratch/dent...

True story,

So last night I was in a local GameStop looking to see what the condition a used game they had listed instock (SMT Soul Hackers) was and figured I'd look at Vita games.  There was the outer cardboard box for Dengeki Bunko all mint with no dents or anything on the shelf.  I had been reconsidering grabbing it after watching some more footage of it (I do like over the top fighting games like Darkstalkers).  Plus it's on the cheaper side of new releases.  Anyway figured what the heck, I had some cash and what I was planning to buy wasn't in the condition I wanted so I snagged it and a couple super cheap ($1 & $2) complete 3DS games.  Game is still sealed and so is the cd when they pulled them from the drawer... really I think this is the best way to buy these kinds of games since the cardboard was the only thing displayed and it shows no signs of ever being sealed in the first place.   So I got a nice mint game launch day version of the game without fear of shipping or locking up extra credit and dealing with refunds to try and force box shipping.  Sure I paid full retail and tax but I don't want any eyesores in my collection.

Now I just need to be sure my PSTV didn't auto update so I can try the workaround to make this non-pstv game run on it... or finally buy a vita.  I want to grab a vita so bad but I know we are due a new bundle any day now and I like to weigh my options.

Now I just need to be sure my PSTV didn't auto update so I can try the workaround to make this non-pstv game run on it... or finally buy a vita. I want to grab a vita so bad but I know we are due a new bundle any day now and I like to weigh my options.
If you've waited this long may as well wait and see what the holiday season brings.

If you've waited this long may as well wait and see what the holiday season brings.
Hopefully it's not just a big ole "we decided to stop doing bundles" thing... and instead it's a we chopped the price to $179.99 and threw in a 16gb card and a game kind of thing.

Hey I can dream.

Hopefully it's not just a big ole "we decided to stop doing bundles" thing... and instead it's a we chopped the price to $179.99 and threw in a 16gb card and a game kind of thing.

Hey I can dream.
Well I don't think they plan to do more game bundles but I would have to think somewhere will do something worthwhile at some point between now and January.

I work in a amazon warehouse and i blame the people who overstuff the pods and make the item's crushed. I'm just a picker and if you see a damage item you can put on the computer screen it is damaged. I don't know if bestbuy is the samething but its getting into seasonal time and they push for people and the new seasonal workers to have a certain speed or rate to get the item out so expect alot of crushed items this holiday! (Not from me unless it's stupid groceries people buy online and its heavy as shit sometimes and that they are lazy to just go to the store and buy it -.-) i have not seen any vita le's from my time working there though mainly sex toys and a few hentai mouse pads. But after picking they go into the shippers section so blame them i guess ;d. But really after working there for about two weeks now i notice how easily it is to get a damage item. It makes me think about how risky it is for a collectors edition or big box item to make it out without a scratch/dent...
I don't doubt what you are saying but I'm pretty sure most of these Best Buy issues are because they are shipping smaller CE's in bubble mailers which offer no protection at all for the flimsy outer cardboard box of the item. Even a cardboard mailer (like they ship music and movies in) would offer more protection but I've never seen them ship a game in a cardboard mailer.

I'm tempted right now, really tempted to pick it up. Is this a permanent price drop or a sale price?
Looks like it may be a price drop since there is no mention of clearance or sale in the price (like they usually do for those items).

Now I just need to be sure my PSTV didn't auto update so I can try the workaround to make this non-pstv game run on it... or finally buy a vita.
That was the first thing I tried when I received my crushed copy of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax but sadly it doesn't work even with the recent exploit. If there is another workaround please let me know. I would love to play this on a big screen.

(Not from me unless it's stupid groceries people buy online and its heavy as shit sometimes and that they are lazy to just go to the store and buy it -.-)
We buy a ton through amazon. Just so you know, it's not because we're 'lazy'.

It's because we have a family, and getting to the store can be a massive chore. Having a lot of the general sundries delivered to us gives our family a lot more time to spend together w/o 'store runs'.

Additionally, we save a lot. Between prime and subscribe & save, we save compared to our local grocery store. Additionally, because we're not going to the store, we're not picking up 'extras' and spending even more money on junk we don't actually need.

So... yeah. Maybe consider people like us aren't lazy, but we do help create jobs like yours. [that isn't really meant to sound snarky, though i'm sure it does]

I'm tempted right now, really tempted to pick it up. Is this a permanent price drop or a sale price?
If from best buy I would order now. best buy has really been running out of games faster then other stores.
to much lately I have got burned waiting on price drops at best buy just to find out its sold out.

We buy a ton through amazon. Just so you know, it's not because we're 'lazy'.

It's because we have a family, and getting to the store can be a massive chore. Having a lot of the general sundries delivered to us gives our family a lot more time to spend together w/o 'store runs'.

Additionally, we save a lot. Between prime and subscribe & save, we save compared to our local grocery store. Additionally, because we're not going to the store, we're not picking up 'extras' and spending even more money on junk we don't actually need.

So... yeah. Maybe consider people like us aren't lazy, but we do help create jobs like yours. [that isn't really meant to sound snarky, though i'm sure it does]
Sorry, i guess i didn't look at it that way. But i guess that can be said about anything bought on amazon. Thanks for taking your time to let me know that. I guess it was just my work mentality telling me "fuck those people who buy food online" lol.

That was the first thing I tried when I received my crushed copy of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax but sadly it doesn't work even with the recent exploit. If there is another workaround please let me know. I would love to play this on a big screen.
If I can get it to work I'll post something about it here and try to keep in mind the steps, what version of firmware I'm on, and so on. I'm betting though that they may have programmed the game to require the camera, gps, or something else vita specific. This was a pretty common thing iOS devs did to eliminate hardware they couldn't get their game to run on or just outright didn't want to support. In this case though, they want us to fork out another $40 for the PS3 version.

If (and most likely) it doesn't work then I'll be that much closer to just buying a vita. Especially since earlier today I purchased more vita games (Child of Light, Project Diva F 2nd, TWD Season1, Ys MoC, & Spy Hunter) on Amazon. Then again I've been buying some more DS/3DS stuff lately too so it's not like I have to have one immediately... though I was hoping to show Dengeki Bunko to my middle son who is big into SAO.

Received the Aweek stack case today (with SAO cover) and it was a good choice. Thanks again for the recs!

Tempted on Lego Jurassic, but no open world = no buy for me. I'll try to get the console version during BF.

Sorry, i guess i didn't look at it that way. But i guess that can be said about anything bought on amazon. Thanks for taking your time to let me know that. I guess it was just my work mentality telling me "fuck those people who buy food online" lol.
No worries! Next time we go to order cat litter we'll think sweet thoughts about all the hard work you're putting in before we click 'confirm'. :)

[We don't really order cat litter through Amazon... though if you offered our brand through subscribe and save we would in a heartbeat]

No worries! Next time we go to order cat litter we'll think sweet thoughts about all the hard work you're putting in before we click 'confirm'. :)

[We don't really order cat litter through Amazon... though if you offered our brand through subscribe and save we would in a heartbeat]
I have a friend that only orders cat litter from Amazon. I'm sure they love him. :)

Is there any unboxing on Corpse Party? Wondering if it is large enough that it would possibly ship in a box if shipped with Dengeki Bunko.
I already posted something about this in the CE thread, but I figured I'd share here too...

The Best Buy I use the most had the Corpse Party Everafter Editions out in the clear plastic security boxes on the shelf today when I went to go pick up Chibi-Robo during lunch. They wouldn't let me buy one unfortunately, but I did get a close look at the size. They are just on the edge of being small enough that they may end up shipping in a bubble mailer and getting crushed to hell. If you can swing it, change your pre-order to store pick-up. I just made sure my existing PO was store pick-up, which I always do unless shipping is the only option.

Hello All! I seek the help of all the best people in this group! Recently there was discussion and also showing of Vita Replacement Cases. I am in need of cover art does anyone know where I might be able to find these? Cause these cases are down right hideous : /

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25836]
Also Had this happen today....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25837]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25838]

I Bought this today at Gamestop and the Gamestop Employee some how put in Tales of Hearts R.... Now  I need the Tales of Hearts R Case and the Muramasa game : /

Hello All! I seek the help of all the best people in this group! Recently there was discussion and also showing of Vita Replacement Cases. I am in need of cover art does anyone know where I might be able to find these? Cause these cases are down right hideous : /
The Cover Project is generally where I get my cover art. If they don't have it you can post in the forums and it's likely someone will have it and post it. It's a pretty great resource. Then just take the files over to your local Staples or Office Max and print em out and they look great. I would suggest buying some blue vita cases though because black ones don't really look great next to the blues in a row.

As far as GS giving you the wrong game, I'd go in and complain and have them exchange it out for you

Yeah, I picked one up when Dealseeker posted it. No idea if it's a good deal but for $20 Vita game I figured it was decent enough.
Your enjoyment level will depend on a few things. A good number of fans hated the story since the in game universe is like 99% female and you're Noire's self-insert not-boyfriend. It also seemed every girl recruited managed to initiate some sort of event where Noire or the recruit would end up in some state of undress.

On the gameplay side of things: The most annoying parts were the enemies not being affected by any hazards on the map and navigation being limited to one 90 degree turn in the movement range. It made navigating around trap mazes harder. In addition, only one character is able to float without transforming. It's part of an elevation mechanic that suddenly becomes important towards the final missions (nothing story related, the maps just out of the blue start having massive walls to climb.) Finally, the treasure chests on the map are unlocked by a regular attack only, but some are locked with an element and only appear in the story mission when playing it to advance the story.

DLC isn't too bad though. Almost everything is just pay to win outside of the characters. The DLC characters however don't have a corresponding pay to win DLC so their weapons have to be crafted.

Picked up :vita: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters today at GS for $18 since it was the only store that had it by me. The rest were 30 or more miles away.

I've heard about the game but never paid it any attention. I hope it's good.

My FIL orders food off Amazon. Part of that is that he is disabled.

bread's done
Back