PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I am intrigued by this game but I am a little wary of playing these "fan service" games and having my young children see the "fan service" . I would like my children to wait until later in life before realizing daddy's a pervert
Yeah, that puts me off a fair bit of stuff for the same reason. Supposed to be a quite good example of the genre otherwise though.

Does anyone have Helldivers Super-Earth Ultimate Edition for Vita?  GS has a good deal on the :ps4: / :ps3: / :vita: combo pack, but I see on the PS store that the game is a 6.7 GB+ install?!?  Is this true?

I believe that's for all versions combined.
Well that's the number I see for the :vita: version of the game in the PS Store, so I'm not sure why it would be a total for all three versions of the game on the page for one specific version. Also, the :ps4: version says 2.8GB and the :ps3: version says 6.7GB. I assume that the :vita: and :ps3: versions are cross-buy so it makes sense that the sizes match.

The twenty five cents just means they don't want to sell used Vita games. Every Vita game has that trade-in value. My Best Buy is already better than most because they have stacks of Persona DAN, Dengeki Bunko, and Dungeon Travelers 2, but most stores have no Vita games at all.
Only the highest volume Best Buy stores carry new Vita games nowadays. Only 2 of the 10 stores in my area qualify for this. Those stores actually have fairly full Vita shelves with 2-3 copies of all the new releases that are carried on the website. Every other BB in my area has virtually no Vita selection.

Well that's the number I see for the :vita: version of the game in the PS Store, so I'm not sure why it would be a total for all three versions of the game on the page for one specific version. Also, the :ps4: version says 2.8GB and the :ps3: version says 6.7GB. I assume that the :vita: and :ps3: versions are cross-buy so it makes sense that the sizes match.
Yeah, it's definitely all versions combined. It happens on the PSN store sometimes with cross buy games. If I remember correctly the Vita version was around 1.8 GB.

Been awhile since I went to bestbuy in the city. The vita section was a dozen nepU's and a dozen dungeon travelers. That's a lot of neps. They also had 8 P4DAN LE. All with spider wraps and crushed. I can see these getting put on sale at some point.

I saw code:realize too. Looks like an otome game.

Someone said the text on the vita version of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters was too tiny. How small is too tiny? 'Cause the same is said for the Atelier Plus games and I didn't really mind that.

I am intrigued by this game but I am a little wary of playing these "fan service" games and having my young children see the "fan service" . I would like my children to wait until later in life before realizing daddy's a pervert
I just purchased the new Onechanbara game for PS4 because it is on sale this week at Best Buy. Didn't think about the pervert thing at the time, but realized it could come off that way to my wife or kid if I play it in front of them at home.

I just purchased the new Onechanbara game for PS4 because it is on sale this week at Best Buy. Didn't think about the pervert thing at the time, but realized it could come off that way to my wife or kid if I play it in front of them at home.
the disk art is amazing. LOL.

..God dangit; I just realized I missed my chance to buy Senran Kagura 2 in store. I had originally intended to proudly brandish my preorder when I picked it up - but I switched to Best Buy with GCU, and it was shipped to me.

I have Senran Kagura 1 & 2, and didn't get to show either of them off.

I got that from AWD a ways back and my kid opens all my packages. I'm like nope, stop looking at that one.

My local Target no longer has any Vita games clearanced -  and they had a pile of MLB2015s as well as a MLB2013 out there...  so I'm thinking they're removed, not bought, at this point.

We're all likely SOL on used because almost no one is going to bother trading a game in for 2 bits.
Working there (Best Buy) I can tell you some (wealthy to the point on insanity) people actually believe they are making the world a better "greener" place by "recycling" their unwanted electronics. And if they happen to receive 25¢ of in-store credit for their efforts at being "green" then they are completely okay with that. These people do not blink at the sticker price on Apple products, usually buying multiple of such branding in one visit, and will absolutely not hesitate to purchase a 4K TV... for each room of their dwelling place. Not a clue where these people come from, but I suspect they cram themselves back into their Toyota Prius's upon leaving Best Buy and return to a tear in the space time continuum located somewhere between StarBucks and Lalaland re-emerging in a dimension where every fall the trees drop leaves of the 24 karat variety, dogs talk, and dragons s4!t diamonds. No offense intended to all who are wealthy, but some of your fellow monetarily elite seem hell bent on putting themselves in the position of needing financial advice from Dave Ramsey yesterday.

So fear not, as long as people who posses more money in their bank accounts than brain cells inside their skulls there will continue to be Vita games traded in to Best Buy for 25¢.

but realized it could come off that way to my wife or kid if I play it in front of them at home.
Considering "could" implies that it might not, I feel like I'm morally obligated to ask whether your wife or child are receiving the... special assistance in their daily lives they may require.

Hmm you guys think the vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax will be hard to find? My first copy came in messed up so i ordered 3 more and they actually shipped them in a box this time =P So i have 3 copies now. I was thinking of keeping 2 which i usually do for some first print run games. Think its worth it for this one? 

Hmm you guys think the vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax will be hard to find? My first copy came in messed up so i ordered 3 more and they actually shipped them in a box this time =P So i have 3 copies now. I was thinking of keeping 2 which i usually do for some first print run games. Think its worth it for this one?
You seem to do that a lot. :shock:

No offense intended to all who are wealthy, but some of your fellow monetarily elite seem hell bent on putting themselves in the position of needing financial advice from Dave Ramsey yesterday.

So fear not, as long as people who posses more money in their bank accounts than brain cells inside their skulls there will continue to be Vita games traded in to Best Buy for 25¢.
I highly doubt extremely wealthy people are going into a BBY and trading in Vita games. :lol:

Someone said the text on the vita version of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters was too tiny. How small is too tiny? 'Cause the same is said for the Atelier Plus games and I didn't really mind that.
Mine should be here Monday... I plan to play it and will come back to report on how it plays on both Vita and PSTV.

Operation Abyss: Limited Edition in stock again, guessing won't last long though.:

http://store.nisamerica.com/new/operation-abyss-new-tokyo-legacy
Yeah, already sold out. What I get for sleeping. I'm hoping they get some HTOL#NIQ and Ar Nosurge in someday.

Hmm you guys think the vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting climax will be hard to find? My first copy came in messed up so i ordered 3 more and they actually shipped them in a box this time =P So i have 3 copies now. I was thinking of keeping 2 which i usually do for some first print run games. Think its worth it for this one?
Eventually yes.

You're lucky you actually got a boxed shipment. I've ordered 12 copies now from Best Buy and all of them were stuffed into various sized bubble mailers.

First order (x3): three separate single-copy packages

Second order (x3): two separate packages

Third order (x6): three packages of 2 copies each

All of them were crushed beyond belief... even for a bubble mailer shipment. It's like they tossed them all in trucks and set TVs on top of them.

My local store has to have the largest selection of Dengeki Bunkos around now (and hilariously they are all now spider-wrapped to boot).

My next attempt at getting one in good shape will be an Amazon order.

EDIT: Nevermind... apparently Amazon is now OOS.

Why not just check GameStop stocks and hit the local stores? That's how I got mine all mint and new. They opened the outer box and removed everything while keeping it sealed... so it's a lot better than the typical GS new niche game.

I know it's not that uncommon, but I have yet to see the physical release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax for PS3. I wonder if that's the version that'll be less common.

Yeah, already sold out. What I get for sleeping. I'm hoping they get some HTOL#NIQ and Ar Nosurge in someday.
The HTOL#NIQ restock already happened, and I'm not sure about Ar Nosurge. Normally within a few months of release, they offer up their held back stock that was for loss & damaged orders. Once that happens, and they sale out again, I don't believe they ever offer a third go around, and when they do offer them for the second time, they never last long.

The HTOL#NIQ restock already happened, and I'm not sure about Ar Nosurge. Normally within a few months of release, they offer up their held back stock that was for loss & damaged orders. Once that happens, and they sale out again, I don't believe they ever offer a third go around, and when they do offer them for the second time, they never last long.
Occasionally they will throw (sold out) stuff up on Black Friday as part of their Black Friday sale. That would probably be the last chance to pick up some stuff that has been sold out for a while.

Why not just check GameStop stocks and hit the local stores? That's how I got mine all mint and new. They opened the outer box and removed everything while keeping it sealed... so it's a lot better than the typical GS new niche game.
All of my local GameStops only have gutted versions and my local Best Buys only have the copies I returned. I refuse to support GameStop's Not-New New policies in general, but I want a mint sealed one for my Vita collection. I already have a play copy (I kept the least smushed of those above).

Ar Nosurge has had 3 restocks in the past month, and it's still not marked as OOS on the site. At least that's the number of times my page monitor has gone off since I set it mid-September, so it could be more.

You're lucky you actually got a boxed shipment. I've ordered 12 copies now from Best Buy and all of them were stuffed into various sized bubble mailers.

First order (x3): three separate single-copy packages
Second order (x3): two separate packages
Third order (x6): three packages of 2 copies each

All of them were crushed beyond belief... even for a bubble mailer shipment. It's like they tossed them all in trucks and set TVs on top of them.

My local store has to have the largest selection of Dengeki Bunkos around now (and hilariously they are all now spider-wrapped to boot).

Why not try BB ship-to-store? Might be a better option. My single copy shipped from BB to my house actually came in decent condition, very mildly crushed. But a Shadow Warrior XB1 game shipped from MS came in a bubble mailer, with a shattered plastic case, sadly. Anyone know where to find cheap XB1 replacement cases?

I can't tell if you guys that are ordering extreme multiples of games just because you don't want a crinkled box are trolling or just insane.

Wow, you must be inflating their sales numbers. Doesn't GCU only allow a certain number of purchases of the same game? It clears it when you return them?

Half the time I throw the boxes away
Absolutely disgusting.

Most are just insane.

I sold one of my PS1 games that was new and sealed with a HAIRLINE crack on the JEWEL CASE underneath the shrinkwrap, and the guy freaked the fuck out and returned it.

It's a jewel case...
You do realize the sort of people who buy new games over 10 years old and pay the premium that comes with it are doing so because they want it mint and perfect right? Otherwise they'd just buy a used one. That one is completely understandable.

This. Half the time I throw the boxes away unless its an actual rare game or a series I enjoy. (Or its just a nice design).
You're the person responsible for polluting game stores/pawn shops with vanilla game cases. What is the point of even buying physical? Why don't you just download?

Not sure if this qualifies as a "Cheap PS Vita Game" but I found the PS TV bundle with controller and lego movie game voucher on clearance at my locaL Meijer for 49.99. Meijer can tend to be YMMV, but the price seemed good.

Wow, you must be inflating their sales numbers. Doesn't GCU only allow a certain number of purchases of the same game? It clears it when you return them?
Yes, there's a 3 game limit on GCU, but returns don't count toward that limit, only what you keep. And I'll only be keeping 2 (one to have sealed and one to play).

mediviper, on 22 Oct 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:
Not sure if this qualifies as a "Cheap PS Vita Game" but I found the PS TV bundle with controller and lego movie game voucher on clearance at my locaL Meijer for 49.99. Meijer can tend to be YMMV, but the price seemed good.
Yeah that's definitely YMMV. The Meijer's near me (hometown of Meijer no less) have all their Vita items at full MSRP. Like, Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified is still $49.99.

Ar Nosurge has had 3 restocks in the past month, and it's still not marked as OOS on the site. At least that's the number of times my page monitor has gone off since I set it mid-September, so it could be more.
It's not marked OOS? Every time I've checked lately it's marked OOS on the page:

http://store.nisamerica.com/ar-nosurge-plus-limited-edition

Is there another page with a non plus LE version?

Occasionally they will throw (sold out) stuff up on Black Friday as part of their Black Friday sale. That would probably be the last chance to pick up some stuff that has been sold out for a while.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on the site then.

All of my local GameStops only have gutted versions and my local Best Buys only have the copies I returned. I refuse to support GameStop's Not-New New policies in general, but I want a mint sealed one for my Vita collection. I already have a play copy (I kept the least smushed of those above).
For just keeping one sealed with the plastic on the outer box and not crushed/damaged then yeah there aren't many options out there for this specific game. Plus there's no telling if a restock happens that it'll include the cd and come in the cardboard box.

This. Half the time I throw the boxes away unless its an actual rare game or a series I enjoy. (Or its just a nice design).
Outer SE boxes... the more that gets thrown away the more valuable the rest has the potential to become.

Me personally, for the bigger box games I just put the actual game on the shelf and the rest can go to another shelf that's got my portable game system boxes and stuff like that. To each their own though.

Yes, there's a 3 game limit on GCU, but returns don't count toward that limit, only what you keep. And I'll only be keeping 2 (one to have sealed and one to play).
Unlucky man. Mine came in a bubble mailer too but was near mint and not crushed. I think overall the box for this game is pretty soft and I can see why it's so easily crushed.

That still makes no sense. Why waste your money on buying special editions if you're going to destroy the integrity of the complete experience? Again, why not just buy digital?
Because if I'm buying a special edition, it's usually for the extras, not the box. Unless the box is something special, like the Borderlands vault chest or smthn.

That still makes no sense. Why waste your money on buying special editions if you're going to destroy the integrity of the complete experience? Again, why not just buy digital?
I feel like your taking this a bit hard lol. Probably one of the ones the original post was directed at.

its just a cardboard box, if it literally just mirrors the game case why keep it and waste space. I'm never gonna display like 90% of them. I keep boxes for full on CE's with statues and figures and such, or if it has a variant cover or design (Like the Persona DAN, or all the NIS LE boxes). But why keep dozens of boxes for first run games like Etrian Odyssey or all these other JRPGs lol.

I still want all of the other extra's, just not a box thats taking up space and will never see the light of day.

bread's done
Back