PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
They should of added it to the $150 group lol
Nah, we're getting the Special Kickstarter 80 page Hardcover Artbook instead. lol.

It's basically a compilation artbook with sketches, designs, lore, artwork from the MUV-LUV Intergral Works and Lunatic Dawn books. It's suppose to be around 400 pages hardcover if you get the physical.
It's going to be more than 450 pages and will be a beefy bundle of paper.

You talked me into it. I originally only wanted the $80 set, but after realizing there's only going to be 500 or so of the collector's sets running around I might as well go for it while it's available.
Chances are good it'll be a lot more than that. Usually, kickstarter campaigns let backers modify/upgrade/add-on etc. I'd bet a lot of those higher tiers that have "Collectors edition box" are going to let the backers pick between the PC and Vita boxes for those.

There's already a someone trying to sell a Breach and Clear copy for almost $400 bucks... I'm starting to fear getting one is gonna be impossible with all the people getting it to re-sell...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/BREACH-AND-CLEAR-PS-VITA-EXTREMELY-RARE-GAME-ONLY-1-500-COPIES-WORLDWIDE-/111810304412?nav=SEARCH
Realistically, if every single person who bought one did so to add it to their collection, your chances would be even slimmer since none would be selling them.

Still, that's pretty fuckin' ridiculous. Most likely a bunch will eventually show up and prices will come down. Still not down to $25, but down.

MuvLuv questions....  (I read as much as I had time to before asking... figure I might get answers quicker this way)...

DO the games have Adult content in these releases, if so how much / what kind?  If it does have it, is there a way to cut that part of the game out?

Looking at the kickstarter, looks like $80 get's me both games as separate vita physical carts as well as the option of whichever version of both games digital... is that how it'll be released... two separate games (game 1 with the first 2 parts of the trilogy and game 2 as the 3rd part)?   If so, $80 seems reasonable.  Will these be released to where we'd get game 1 as it's finished and then game 2 later when it's done or are they planning to wait and lump them into one shipment?

MuvLuv questions.... (I read as much as I had time to before asking... figure I might get answers quicker this way)...

DO the games have Adult content in these releases, if so how much / what kind? If it does have it, is there a way to cut that part of the game out?

Looking at the kickstarter, looks like $80 get's me both games as separate vita physical carts as well as the option of whichever version of both games digital... is that how it'll be released... two separate games (game 1 with the first 2 parts of the trilogy and game 2 as the 3rd part)? If so, $80 seems reasonable. Will these be released to where we'd get game 1 as it's finished and then game 2 later when it's done or are they planning to wait and lump them into one shipment?
No. Any Visual Novel released on Handhelds or Consoles are the All Ages Version, Muv Luv included. If Muv Luv were to include Adult Content, it would be AO. It's still going to be rated M for Blood and Gore (For Unlimited and Alternative), Sexual Situations, etc. It's already cut of the game. However, the PC version of Muv Luv will most likely get an Uncensored Patch at some point to restore the Adult Content.

Physical release of the Vita version will be 2 Carts. 1 Cart for Muv Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited and 1 Cart for Muv Luv Alternative. They are a trilogy. As for the release schedule, I'm not sure if they'll release the games as soon as they are finished. They probably will for the Digital Release of it but for the Physical Release? I don't know. I do know that Japan is already releasing Vita version and that will be the version they will be working on, meaning we might get it sooner than expected.

I picked up the $150 Vita CE. This is the first Kickstarter I've backed and glad it's coming over to the west.
I just did the same thing......what the fuck guys?!? I spend WAY more money now that I follow this thread. Nothing cheap about being a Cheap Ass Gamer :shock:

There will be 340 copies of Breach and Clear that will go up for sale on Monday, 5PM EST
I will make sure to set my watch to give me enough time to get to my car and log in. I might just stand a chance at getting an order placed!!!

Ok so I just backed MuvLuv Kickstarter & pledged $85 through paypal-.. But when are on the kickstarter MuvLuv main-page it lets u click specifically on which tier or rewards u want.. It didnt show any specific rewards when I paid with clicking on the paypal button- u just enter the ammount you want to pledge and get a confirmation order#... So question is did I just donate $$ or will they email me about which rewards I would like to recieve..?

Ok so I just backed MuvLuv Kickstarter & pledged $85 through paypal-.. But when are on the kickstarter MuvLuv main-page it lets u click specifically on which tier or rewards u want.. It didnt show any specific rewards when I paid with clicking on the paypal button- u just enter the ammount you want to pledge and get a confirmation order#... So question is did I just donate $$ or will they email me about which rewards I would like to recieve..?
You will be emailed with a Backerkit Survey where you get to pick the Rewards.

Thx..never done kickstarters before this one.. Is there any way to still back PsVita Bloodstained to get a physical copy secured ..?

Did Aksys Games manage to sell enough copies of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters to warrant localizing a new version for us?

I jumped on it at that price just this past Friday when it went on sale on the AksysGames webstore.

For anyone still wondering about the text in Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: I played the intro chapter of this game thinking 'ok, ok, this text isn't that small'. Then I got to the 'battle' portion, or the 'ghost-hunting' portion, as it were. Great googly-moogly -- the text that accompanies some of the action results is microscopic. It's usually stuff like "X Character destroyed Y object" indicating that you failed your attack and your character hit some object in the room, so it's not critical information, at least not as far as I got in the game.

I wear glasses and am near-sighted, but I could feel my eyes straining to focus that text. Not good. The rest of the text -- the dialogue, the menu text, important text in battles like hp, action points remaining -- seems fine, though. I can also tell you that the Vita screen is perfectly capable of displaying text at that crazy fidelity, but my (nearly) 32-year-old eyes are incapable of focusing on it.

As for the 'beanie baby' comment, I can see some parallels. I would be satisfied if my Vita collection just maintained its value. Don't even really expect that, with the exception of maybe half a dozen titles. Any serious collectors out there interested in providing a counterexample? What is the PSP collector's market like?

Apologies in advance for not providing deal info for those perusing the thread updates.

All these people dropping over a hundred on a game... well, I've got enough Cheap to make up for everyone else in this thread.
The value it provides is better than some of the Collector's Edition we got in recent years.

Sorry man. This thread is pretty much everything Vita-related now and not just about "Cheap". Only if the Title of the Thread could be changed to Vita Deals and Discussion Thread. :/

The value it provides is better than some of the Collector's Edition we got in recent years.

Sorry man. This thread is pretty much everything Vita-related now and not just about "Cheap". Only if the Title of the Thread could be changed to Vita Deals and Discussion Thread. :/
Why not PM the OP and ask him to change it? I think he's still active in the forums, just not in this thread.

My rule for collecting games, Vita or otherwise, is this: if I know I'll never play a game or don't have genuine interest in a game, I don't buy said game. That's why I skip all these anime influenced visual novel or simple RPGs Vita games. Even if they can be pegged to increase in value, I have no real interest in them because they're just not my bag, so I won't waste my money and space on them.

I'd say the only real example of the contrary is if someone has the time, money, and space for a 100% complete retail collection. But then that's more for personal interest than resale value.

Here a family who spent $100,000 on beanie babies back in the day as a investment which didn't exactly pan out lol
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/life/how-one-family-went-bankrupt-spending-100000-beanie-babies
Oh boy... That was worth it. $100,000. Thats just nuts. If I had that kind of money, it would not go towards a collection or anything. Put it towards a house. I mean 5X of each Beanie Baby... I know some people get two of each game for their collection, but yeah. Different strokes for different folks.

Oh boy... That was worth it. $100,000. Thats just nuts. If I had that kind of money, it would not go towards a collection or anything. Put it towards a house. I mean 5X of each Beanie Baby... I know some people get two of each game for their collection, but yeah. Different strokes for different folks.
he didn't have that kind money either lol which is why he went bankrupt he was putting beanie babies before bills and mortgages and payments and medical needs and everything. So every penny he got went to beanie babies instead of bills and all that like a normal person would do.

From Muv-Luv Team's facebook, apparently likelyhood of physical Vita release outside of this KB project is probably almost non-existent so if someone wants a physical version, they better get it during this stage.

Did Aksys Games manage to sell enough copies of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters to warrant localizing a new version for us?

I jumped on it at that price just this past Friday when it went on sale on the AksysGames webstore.
Do remember, since everyone in this thread seems to value having physical games, that it may be like some other Vita games that get an enhanced or updated version that is only released in NA through PSN.

@Doomstink

You mentioned that you guys were packaging up Breach & Clear orders on the afternoon of the 29th after ordering went live.  Any idea when they'll be shipping out?

@Doomstink

You mentioned that you guys were packaging up Breach & Clear orders on the afternoon of the 29th after ordering went live. Any idea when they'll be shipping out?
it was mentioned on there Twitter page already couple days ago. Games already begun shipping out and it could take them until Tuesday afternoon to get them all shipped out. There shipping software will send a shipping email out once the item ships

I'd buy a new car, specifically a BRZ, and then put the rest towards a house personally...Or invest it in certain stocks :|

@Doomstink

You mentioned that you guys were packaging up Breach & Clear orders on the afternoon of the 29th after ordering went live. Any idea when they'll be shipping out?
Your order history might have a tracking number. Mine did as of Friday and I never got a item shipped email.

it was mentioned on there Twitter page already couple days ago. Games already begun shipping out and it could take them until Tuesday afternoon to get them all shipped out. There shipping software will send a shipping email out once the item ships
Ahh, cool thanks Dreamer.

EDIT: And thanks Poke, I didn't notice that. Mine has a tracking number in my order history there too. Looks like mine is actually out for delivery today lol.

Just checked my order for Breach & Clear and it showed the tracking number.  Hit the link for tracking and it said it was delivered this morning with my mail.  I was in the 1180's on order number.   So many of you may have it today as well.

Thanks for the feedback on MuvLuv.  I guess I need to make a decision soon as there are 26 hours left.

I didn't realize there was an option for Bloodstained... may have to consider that though 2017 is a long way off.  Will it have a regular retail version?

That article about the sequel/updated version of Tokyo Twilight doesn't say anything abut it coming here.  Maybe I missed something?  As of now there are no announced plans to bring the other version over... and even if they do and it's physical it took a year and a half to cross the pond and finally hit the $20 price point.  The tiny text is only non-essential stuff that really doesn't affect the gameplay at all.  Everything else is very nice sized text... but even the tiny stuff looks crisp and clear on my non-OLED vita.  My only warning would be that the strategy side of the game is a really solid and challenging game... so if you don't like strategy stuff then maybe it's a pass.  Art, story, strategy, etc... it's a solid B of a game.  It's less confusing than I find Disgaea but yet still very challenging.

I didn't realize there was an option for Bloodstained... may have to consider that though 2017 is a long way off. Will it have a regular retail version?
Yeah it'll have a regular retail version. The kickstarter rewards include exclusive DLC, slipcases, and a collectors box though. I think the hardcover art book is exclusive to the kickstarter as well, so if you care about any of that stuff it's worth backing.

bread's done
Back