PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit on Steins;Gate at $20. I'm glad this got a sale so I could justify a double-dip (already have the PC LE).

I still had the AmEx spend $60 get $15 back at Amazon offer so I wanted to spend $40+ more. Added Ys Celceta to my order for $20. Then I tried adding P4DAN for $30, but because of warehouse stock the order was split in two. I ended up getting Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 for $30 instead. I already have it digitally, but as a 3GB game I rather have the physical cart. After tax and deal, each game came to $20 even and will arrive tomorrow. Not too shabby.

Btw, Steins;Gate deal should be good through Jan 3, but it's on SD as well so who knows what's going to happen. Amazon is the only US distributor of the Vita ver.

Oh come on! I just bought this a week ago...... :wall:
You bought it at Amazon right(they are the only US seller, right?), they are pretty good about refunding price differences when you bought something from them recently.

I bought corpse party earlier this week when it was around $32, and I contacted them yesterday, and they gave me a credit for the difference since it's below $30 now. I wish I would have waited though, as the price is still dropping, but there's no way to tell where the bottom is in a situation like that, so the 5-6 dollar refund will have to do. LOL

You bought it at Amazon right(they are the only US seller, right?), they are pretty good about refunding price differences when you bought something from them recently.

I bought corpse party earlier this week when it was around $32, and I contacted them yesterday, and they gave me a credit for the difference since it's below $30 now. I wish I would have waited though, as the price is still dropping, but there's no way to tell where the bottom is in a situation like that, so the 5-6 dollar refund will have to do. LOL
What do you say when you contact Amazon regarding the price? I'm gonna do this for a game I bought that is cheaper today.

There's no differences between Steins: Gate Vita and ps3 right?

If I hadn't already finished Steins;Gate on Vita earlier this year, I might be angry. At least more people will get to experience the best visual novel ever made.

What do you say when you contact Amazon regarding the price? I'm gonna do this for a game I bought that is cheaper today.

There's no differences between Steins: Gate Vita and ps3 right?
You can do "chat" with CS, but I just email them.

I just said I bought corpse party a few days ago for "x" amount, and now it's being sold for "y" amount, can I please be refunded the difference in price?

Within about an hour or less, they sent me a gift card credit for the difference in price. Sadly, it's dropped a few more dollars since then, but I won't be greedy and contact them again(they would probably tell me to go fuck myself), although that would be the CAG way. LOL

They won't have to tell you anything if you get banned. XD

Tis' the risk of doing that too often, so use them wisely! =/

You can do "chat" with CS, but I just email them.

I just said I bought corpse party a few days ago for "x" amount, and now it's being sold for "y" amount, can I please be refunded the difference in price?

Within about an hour or less, they sent me a gift card credit for the difference in price. Sadly, it's dropped a few more dollars since then, but I won't be greedy and contact them again(they would probably tell me to go fuck myself), although that would be the CAG way. LOL
cool! i'll do that then! Thanks so much! I'll keep this in mind for any future purchases.

And lol at the last bit XD every dollar counts! Tho probably inconvenient for them. But we're CAGs damn it! Gotta save save save!

They won't have to tell you anything if you get banned. XD

Tis' the risk of doing that too often, so use them wisely! =/
cool! i'll do that then! Thanks so much! I'll keep this in mind for any future purchases.

And lol at the last bit XD every dollar counts! Tho probably inconvenient for them. But we're CAGs damn it! Gotta save save save!
Technically, they offer a pricing guarantee, as I have bought things in the past, only to have them contact me after the fact saying the price was lowered, and here is a refund, with no input from me either way.

They also offer returns for items found cheaper elsewhere. So yeah, I guess they could ban someone for going overboard, but prices dropping after I purchase something is a rarity, so I haven't personally asked more than a few times, and they could always say no, but why would they?

Technically, they offer a pricing guarantee, as I have bought things in the past, only to have them contact me after the fact saying the price was lowered, and here is a refund, with no input from me either way.

They also offer returns for items found cheaper elsewhere. So yeah, I guess they could ban someone for going overboard, but prices dropping after I purchase something is a rarity, so I haven't personally asked more than a few times, and they could always say no, but why would they?
cause people have gotten banned before and warned about doing to many price adjustment here a example of a email that a CAG got no to long ago shortly after doing a adjustment

Got this e-mail recently, guess it was a warning.....

A careful review of your account indicates that you've required promotional certificates on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons.

Through the normal course of business, the occasional problem is inevitable. However, you seem to have had an unusually high rate of problems in your account history

When unusual account activity like this comes to our attention, we'll evaluate each account on a case-by-case basis to determine if additional action or closing the account is necessary. We’d prefer to work with you because we do value your business.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding."

If they offer you, it's fine, but if you keep calling them to do it, then it's not. :(

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but just saying Amazon thinks there's something wrong with it.

Also, price dropping after purchase seems to be a fairly common occurrence for items in this thread, so I wouldn't say it doesn't happen all that often. ;D

I bit on Stein Gates. $20 is too good to pass up. Not to mention I had Amex offer spend $60 get $15 back

Now Norn 9 needs to drop below $20 too

Is Steins Gate PS TV compatible? I don't see it on the list but it's not always accurate.
Quick Google search points towards the "Yes" category. I just assume that unless a game has a significant touch portion, it will work. Though I try to ensure my entire collection works on it. If only the 3DS had a similar platform.

If I hadn't already finished Steins;Gate on Vita earlier this year, I might be angry. At least more people will get to experience the best visual novel ever made...............
.........Until Muv Luv gets released in the West.

If I bought the European version of steins gate, I really don't have to buy the US version right? I thought it was US PSNs can play physical copies of other regions but not downloads. Just need clarification thanks as my rice digital of the LE of steins gate is still on the way

If I bought the European version of steins gate, I really don't have to buy the US version right? I thought it was US PSNs can play physical copies of other regions but not downloads. Just need clarification thanks as my rice digital of the LE of steins gate is still on the way
If you want to get all of the trophies a second time, then that's a reason to get the US version. Otherwise you don't need to.

cause people have gotten banned before and warned about doing to many price adjustment here a example of a email that a CAG got no to long ago shortly after doing a adjustment
Yeah, that message seems to be someone abusing their system, as it states: "you've required promotional certificates on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons."

I've never "required" them to do anything. I asked politely for a refund in a difference of price for an item I just purchased, which I could also return if I was so inclined to do, and re-order at the cheaper price. Yes, I would imagine they may ban someone for that as well, but is is a completely legal option.

I see no harm in "asking" for "anything". I personally can't see a business like Amazon banning anyone for "asking" either. "Demanding", or "forcing" them is a completely different thing, and I would personally ban someone who did that to me as well.

Yeah, that message seems to be someone abusing their system, as it states: "you've required promotional certificates on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons."

I've never "required" them to do anything. I asked politely for a refund in a difference of price for an item I just purchased, which I could also return if I was so inclined to do, and re-order at the cheaper price. Yes, I would imagine they may ban someone for that as well, but is is a completely legal option.

I see no harm in "asking" for "anything". I personally can't see a business like Amazon banning anyone for "asking" either. "Demanding", or "forcing" them is a completely different thing, and I would personally ban someone who did that to me as well.
Amazon does ban people for asking for credit too often. The problem is they rarely decline.. it's very easy to get free credit from amazon without much effort, which is why they ban people for abusing it.

that how they word adjustments. The Cag even said all he has done was asked for adjustments when prices have dropped on his orders.

and yes they will and have there been multiple cags banned over the littliest thing regardless how much they shop at amazon. Amazon dont care for the reasons or why or back story. everytime you contact amazon even to just ask a question it marked on your record. After so many marks you on there radar then many more after that you done.

Amazon does ban people for asking for credit too often. The problem is they rarely decline.. it's very easy to get free credit from amazon without much effort, which is why they ban people for abusing it.
exactly. It cause most the reps are outsourced and know no better and jst follow a routine script.

The one that reviews the marks and accounts is a special office of Amazon in the US that isnt outsourced.

Any opinion on P4DAN for $30? I still haven't played a Persona game (P4G forever in backlog), but it looks like a high quality and accessible rhythm game.

For me personally, I've gone a year without so much as any contact with Amazon CS at all, and then I can have 20+ back and forth messages with them in a months time. It really just depends on the issue I may have at the time. They've always been cool with me, and I've been cool with them, and continued spending mad dollars there.

I guess if they ever want to ban me, there isn't much I could do, but I'm not gonna worry about it one way or another. If I have an issue/problem/concern, and they have CS to address customers, why would I not contact them, that's just being silly.

It's more about the system they have in place, rather than if the people you talk to will do it or not.

Although Amazon doesn't officially use TRE, they have a similar system which will take into account all of the different factors that will determine whether or not you are still a profitable customer to continue working with.

Eventually, you may hit that threshold where the algorithm they've calculated will just cut you off, and that's how it will get determined.

It's not about whether they like or hate you, but about the way the system they have in place works.

Since you spend a ton there anyways, it's probably more than outweighs the times you've needed an adjustment, and from your prior comments it doesn't seem like you do it all that often either, so you're probably alright.

My initial comment was really to just let some of the people who may not be as familiar with the system, or shop on Amazon all that much that it may not be something they'd want to do too often with other orders, especially if they don't shop nearly as much as you or I do, and may get dinged for it.

Any opinion on P4DAN for $30? I still haven't played a Persona game (P4G forever in backlog), but it looks like a high quality and accessible rhythm game.
I really like the style of gameplay they chose for the rhythm portions, but the story mode requires you to have played through Persona 4 Golden.

Biggest downside to the game, which I think is a dealbreaker, is that well over half of the songs are awful. The remixes run the gambit between pretty good, to straight up garbage. The good songs are great, but it's not easy to overlook the clunkers.

I really like the style of gameplay they chose for the rhythm portions, but the story mode requires you to have played through Persona 4 Golden.

Biggest downside to the game, which I think is a dealbreaker, is that well over half of the songs are awful. The remixes run the gambit between pretty good, to straight up garbage. The good songs are great, but it's not easy to overlook the clunkers.
I agree, the gameplay is very enjoyable and production values are certainly high. However, this being a rhythm game, most of the tracks are really not fun to play.

that how they word adjustments. The Cag even said all he has done was asked for adjustments when prices have dropped on his orders.

and yes they will and have there been multiple cags banned over the littliest thing regardless how much they shop at amazon. Amazon dont care for the reasons or why or back story. everytime you contact amazon even to just ask a question it marked on your record. After so many marks you on there radar then many more after that you done.
"you're on their"

Personally I can't adjust to nearly all the va's from p4 being gone as of dance.

I didn't have as MUCH of a problem with the VA replacements as I expected to. Yukiko sounds close enough, Kanji is spot on, and while no Laura Bailey definitely sucks, I got used to the new voice.

The voice that I had the biggest problem with, was actually from a returning actor. Yosuke suddenly has a much higher voice than he ever did before. And he's also a God damn giraffe.

Got my Vita for christmas.  Really like the build, some more polished than the N3ds xl. 

However, I was testing out remote play with witcher 3, and the text is just too tiny.  How do you all play using remote play?

Got my Vita for christmas. Really like the build, some more polished than the N3ds xl.

However, I was testing out remote play with witcher 3, and the text is just too tiny. How do you all play using remote play?
Depends on the game. Some really aren't universally playable, usually because of the text size.

Huh; I thought she changed. She sounds just a little bit different.

In any case, I've gotten used to Teddie, Naoto, and Chie all being different throughout the different incarnations (original, anime, P4G, etc.).

If anyone still debating on Steins;Gate, might want to take the plunge now since it's on backorder, so the inevitable price back to normal might be accompanying it soon after.

bread's done
Back