PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone play persona 3 on Vita? Debating if I should get the PSP version or the PS2 version and play on ps3.
PS2 version for sure. FES is the one you want. P3P was gutted. It's missing the second half of the game, The Answer, which is a must to understand the whole story.

If that happens I would return it in store for sure and ask for a refund, It isn't available anywhere near me in store so getting it online is really my only shot. Heres hoping they actually take some form of care in the packaging.

Finally BB has Shiren for Vita up on their website ("coming soon"):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shiren-the-wanderer-the-tower-of-fortune-and-the-dice-of-fate-ps-vita/5046401.p?id=bb5046401&skuId=5046401

I was worried that they might not bother to carry it, since it seems like a very niche title.

Also the real cover artwork for the game is up on Amazon (the BB cover is just a placeholder):

http://www.amazon.com/Shiren-Wanderer-Tower-Fortune-Dice-PlayStation/dp/B01BM6TESY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458536471&sr=8-1&keywords=Shiren

It was lower but that was also a price mistake and only a handful of people actually received them. 

Possible this gets cancelled too, I'll order just cause I still need another pouch. 

My game collection for Android devices Is good, you put in your psn username an it gets all your games and fills them with info like Howlongtobeat and metacritic scores
I'll have to check that out, sounds useful.

Lego Avengers is on sale at BB for $19.99/$15.99 GCU if interested. With it being open world and having the same content as the console brethren, owners of the game, is this a solid pickup or wait for lower?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-marvels-avengers-ps-vita/4938021.p?id=1219645621345&skuId=4938021
I would only say wait because the other games on Vita have all been around $10 pretty quickly lately.

I may pick up Vita version for my collection.  This Indie game is cheap possible you can get it for $5 or less, $4 for memory card, $.25 for case, $1 for cover art = Total cost under $11.  I sure LRG easy make  money on this game.  Come on give US a real game.  We want real japanese  games with anime characters not this kinkda ugly graphic.

Doesn't appeal to me either. Pretty much planning on buying their first party games (SMRPG, Breach and Clear), and games that appeal to me. This is neither of those.

Agree with others here, Yiik is really not appealing to me at all. I'm not going to try to get every Vita game just to collect, only ones I'm really interested in, so it's an easy pass on this one.

YIIK looks interesting to me, so I'll grab it up for the Vita for sure. I'm a physical "whore", so just getting games that are actually on carts appeals to me. Even if I decide at some later date I don't like the game, or no longer want it, I can sale it for at least what I paid, so no big deal either way. I also like to show LRG my support, so hopefully in the future some games I may actually want more will also get physically released.

Y2K is by the same dev that made Two Brothers, which they "temporarily" disabled for purchase on the steam store in October because it had too many issues/game breaking bugs. Supposedly they're trying to fix it and remaking it in a new engine, and renaming it to Chromophore when it's done.

So uhm, yeah.. unless you're a collector and want every Vita game ever made, I'd pass on Y2K until they fix their previous game.

I may pick up Vita version for my collection. This Indie game is cheap possible you can get it for $5 or less, $4 for memory card, $.25 for case, $1 for cover art = Total cost under $11. I sure LRG easy make money on this game. Come on give US a real game. We want real japanese games with anime characters not this kinkda ugly graphic.
You're in luck. In a recent Q&A Livestream, Sekai Project revealed that some things are planned with LRG after a successful meeting.

*Meeting with LRG was interesting and turned out better than expected.
*I think they're down to do Physical. They revealed Sekai Project is one of the most requested companies for LRG.
*Talked with Sony
*Won't do anything until everything is perfect (Grisaia). Need to contact the Original Developer.
*Saving some announcements for later
*They're so close they can taste it, which is a reference to the realization of Fruits of Grisaia on Vita I believe. Or just Vita stuff in general.
*They'll announce something real soon.

got my r2l2 grip from HK finally after 40 days 25 days.  Only costed 30 bucks which is prety good

Anyone play persona 3 on Vita? Debating if I should get the PSP version or the PS2 version and play on ps3.
you don't want fes probably as it has ai party members who are mostly f********* to passable. Mitsuru is especially famous for this. There's no femc route or the other half of the party member social links (you only get 3 on the mc's side while femc gets 4 more among other things like less strict social link time tables for p3p skill cards, new persona ect. the answer is pretty crappy anyway since it takes away compendium and is basically its own section separate from the game.

you don't want fes probably as it has ai party members who are mostly f********* to passable. Mitsuru is especially famous for this. There's no femc route or the other half of the party member social links (you only get 3 on the mc's side while femc gets 4 more among other things like less strict social link time tables for p3p skill cards, new persona ect. the answer is pretty crappy anyway since it takes away compendium and is basically its own section separate from the game.
The AI in FES is perfectly usable if you learn to manipulate the tactics properly. The portable version loses cutscenes (which were cool) and changes basically all exploration and travel around the city into menus, which I find lame. Also, they added the P4 style fighting mechanics in without adjusting the difficulty of the enemies, which makes P3P a lot less challenging than P3FES. My opinion is that the first playthrough should be FES, then do another as FeMC on P3P. Then you get everything.

My hopes of DD shipping my SK2 are dwindling.

Someone keep my hopes alive. T___T
Paypal sent me a refund notification 3 days after I placed an order. Order still shows as submitted on their website but it's not going to ship, unless they're really stupid.

Are you guys thinking your Deep Discount orders weren't cancelled just because you see them on the site?   That doesn't mean anything, they don't delete orders from your order history.

I wonder if LRG is considering a release for the PS4/Vita versions of this (3/31 on Steam/Mac, "2016" for consoles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWufEJ1Ava0

If so, BOUGHT. If not, WHY NOT?!?!

I thinking it's still alive because my order was not cancelled and I never received any notification or refund or any semblance of a cancellation.

bread's done
Back