PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been articles stating that it is indeed coming west in the form of digital for PS4 and PS Vita. There is an online petition somewhere and social media campaigning to get the game a physical release.
Only way for Project Setsuna to come to the West as a Vita physical release is if there is enough interest/demand to it.
Publisher's really have become progressively more and more clueless as to what their established consumer base wants and expects from them. Japan and Asia got FFX/X-2 HD Remastered on cartridges, but SquEnix was to cheap to release X-2 on cartridge for the rest of the world opting for a DLC code. And for a variety of reasons X-2 didn't go over well in the rest of the world; A. because it is a rather massive download, B. Because of internet limitations in various areas and regions that make downloading massive files quite a chore, C. Because Vita's proprietary memory cards come at a premium price for storage space, and D. Because most people who buy physical games are quite irked by the audacity of a company at having blatant double standards for the handling of a release across global market regions, in this case physical English language copies in SouthEast Asia, but not for the rest of the English speaking world.

And here, once again, we have SquEnix, known and respected really just for their RPGs outside of Japan, somehow establishing that there would be little to no demand for a traditional-stlye Square RPG outside of Japan... And I might add this is at least the second RPG they will have released for the Vita that has not gotten an English release.

It does make me heavily question what they are thinking when they will bring over some rather forgettable non-RPG title like Army Corps of Hell to the "western world", and yet deprive us of the quality RPG's that they established themselves with in the western world. It seems if there were actually executives at SquEnix attuned to their global market they would focus more heavily on established gaming genres that have sold well for them since the beginning and that their fanbase would appreciate. I even dare to go so far as to say that Square, and Enix for that matter, RPG exclusives are what really helped to carry the SNES sales and set it apart from the Genesis/Mega Drive in the 90's throughout the "western world". Who doesn't remember that the SNES was nick-named the RPG machine? And this continued on with the PSX and PS2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy that were set to get a physical release of World of Final Fantasy from SquEnix, but it really does feel like they've turned their backs on the western world market just like Sega has.

Btw, Hastings actually had a good number of Neptunia U (20), so there's still plenty for others to pick up...until they run out that is. ;P

Of course the one Neptunia game I have is the one that's super cheap.

cc8v0.jpg

For question 3 I just typed in "A fair amount, especially if it's a Sekai Project release on Vita. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* ;D :D :3 ^__^ (>^_^)>"

Freaking manuals. Most of those who would go out of their way to get a physical copy of a game would also appreciate a manual. Especially if there's a lot of love put into it, like so many older games.

Freaking manuals. Most of those who would go out of their way to get a physical copy of a game would also appreciate a manual. Especially if there's a lot of love put into it, like so many older games.
Yeah, I marked "10" for the manual. I agree, that seems like a given considering your getting something physical, that a manual should be included as well. But I guess in this day and age, nothing is straight forward or cut and dry.

I also told them that I would pay whatever for a LE depending on what's included. I may pay $5 over, or $20-$30 depending on what's being offered.

I said no Otome Games.
I'm not a huge fan of Otome (I'm more of a bishoujo guy...Don't care for H-scenes though), but at this point, I would take an Otome game if it meant it got released on the Vita.

I'd even buy a (sigh) sports game if they released it.

My "new" Farming Sim 16 showed up from Game Stop.  Gutted and duct-taped shut (ok, not really duct tape, but it might as well be).  And back it goes this weekend.   

As digital distribution eats in to GameStop's revenue, I hope they turn to grocery sales.  I bet people would love to get GameStop "new" milk.   "Naw, don't worry 'bout it brah... I'll put a sticker on it for ya.  There we go... new." 

Contemplating getting Neptunia: U. How hard is it to find the game? Likely to get near this price again? I'd like to start building up my Vita collection again and trying to figure out values of games.

My "new" Farming Sim 16 showed up from Game Stop. Gutted and duct-taped shut (ok, not really duct tape, but it might as well be). And back it goes this weekend.

As digital distribution eats in to GameStop's revenue, I hope they turn to grocery sales. I bet people would love to get GameStop "new" milk. "Naw, don't worry 'bout it brah... I'll put a sticker on it for ya. There we go... new."
I was at GS a few weeks ago, as a friend of mine is a manager, and I stood there while he was gutting all these new games that came in, and I was at a loss for words. My main issue was with the Senran Endless Summer edition that was getting gutted, and how or why any collector would buy a now opened set?

We both continued to complain about GS and their practices, and this shit defies logic. GS really will be going out of business at some point, as they have no understanding of their market and where it is going. Gutting games is just another piece of a much bigger puzzle that they have no hopes of ever solving.

In the description, it mentions this made from military grade material. Does that mean glass? I'm interested in this, anyone have experience with it?
No, the material they are talking about is used in vehicles and what not, but it's a standard style film, and not "glass", but it is very durable, as I have used them in the past.

I was at GS a few weeks ago, as a friend of mine is a manager, and I stood there while he was gutting all these new games that came in, and I was at a loss for words. My main issue was with the Senran Endless Summer edition that was getting gutted, and how or why any collector would buy a now opened set?

We both continued to complain about GS and their practices, and this shit defies logic. GS really will be going out of business at some point, as they have no understanding of their market and where it is going. Gutting games is just another piece of a much bigger puzzle that they have no hopes of ever solving.
As much as people love to complain about gamestop people always forget that they are still the largest marketshare for gaming in the US. They won't be going out of business anytime soon.

As far as the gutted games go, most people honestly don't care. Very rarely have had someone get upset if a game was opened and the response I usually get is "Its fine im just going to open it anyways" The only time anyone has said anything was when it was a present for someone which is understandable.

When Gamestop begins to offer 20% off new games, Ill be shopping there more. Right now, Im content with price drops and used deals.

As much as people love to complain about gamestop people always forget that they are still the largest marketshare for gaming in the US. They won't be going out of business anytime soon.

As far as the gutted games go, most people honestly don't care. Very rarely have had someone get upset if a game was opened and the response I usually get is "Its fine im just going to open it anyways" The only time anyone has said anything was when it was a present for someone which is understandable.
Yeah, I love it when people are like, "GS should go out of business for selling opened games as new". If that did happen, it would hurt the industry substantially since no other retailer has thousands of stores across the country. In any case, just look at the condition of the average game at GS: someone traded in that rough-looking game, and someone else will buy it. Are either of them going to care if a new game is missing the plastic wrap?

I'm not a huge fan of Otome (I'm more of a bishoujo guy...Don't care for H-scenes though), but at this point, I would take an Otome game if it meant it got released on the Vita.

I'd even buy a (sigh) sports game if they released it.
To me it doesn't matter if the VN is generally bishoujo or otome. What is truely important is that the game's story is well written and has at least acceptable plot execution. And yes, as a male I prefer bishoujo, but that's not to say I couldn't find a well made otome game to be enjoyable to play through.

GameStop has closed two locations where I live, one about five years ago, and another location two months ago. And, I know of another location down state, in a Wal*Mart shopping center no less, that they closed late last year. GameStop is not invulnerable, they are definitely feeling the pressure of competition from the dlc venues as well as both online and other brick & mortar stores. Think about it, they bought out Think Geek in a vain attempt to diversify their product lines.

GameStop has closed two locations where I live, one about five years ago, and another location two months ago. And, I know of another location down state, in a Wal*Mart shopping center no less, that they closed late last year. GameStop is not invulnerable, they are definitely feeling the pressure of competition from the dlc venues as well as both online and other brick & mortar stores. Think about it, they bought out Think Geek in a vain attempt to diversify their product lines.
The gaming market as a whole is shinning since a lot of people have to tablets and smartphones and a decent amount have gone digital.

The gaming market as a whole is shinning since a lot of people have to tablets and smartphones and a decent amount have gone digital.
Digital is bad for GameStop but great for pretty much everyone else. Higher margins for pubs, no resale. Service fees for console makers who provide the storefronts. Even other retailers may come out just fine. Margins on games are ok, while margins on *accessories* are mind blowing. Best Buy and Taget and Walmart will probably be fine shrinking game cases and devoting shelf space to other stock as digital picks up steam, as long as accessories maintain volume.

That's probably one of the reasons GameStop bought ThinkGeek. Gives them something high margin to shelve as game space shrinks.

The people that tend to complain about GS's opening policies.... like myself, you won't catch in there in the first place. So I agree those that DO shop at GS tend to not complain.

I've been in a GS twice in the past year, once I ordered a cover for my Wii U. The second was to return it cause they :censored: the order up. I did buy a digital game from them online, when they screwed up and sold pre-orders for a $40 game, for $5. ;)

Someone on here JUST ordered a "new" just released game, and received just the cart.... fuck GS. (And it was a Limited Edition)

GS makes money cause the sheep go there cause they were told it's the largest retailer. If they had a brain to think for themselves... they would find a better deal elsewhere.

Only problem I have with digital is prices are too high usually and I don't feel like I actually own it.
And rightly so, because unless you are buying it from GOG, you don't own it.

R1 Checklist and Directory Updated tonight due to yesterday's new game release. Collect responsibly.

http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Physical Vita Games:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Attack on Titan (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Futuridium: Extended Play Deluxe: Limited Edition (TBA)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (TBA)
Grand Kingdom (6/21)
Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (6/28)
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (4/26)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! (4/25)
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (6/7)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (3rd Quarter)
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate (7/26)
Stranger of Sword City (4/26)
Teslagrad (11/24)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (TBA)
Zero Escape: Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma (TBA)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would like everyone to be aware that we really need to bug the crap out of Bandai Namco Entertainment about their lack of physical Vita release support. As everyone is well aware they did not give Region 1 or Europe (sorry your region code has slipped my mind) a physical release of the recent English langauge "Digimon Story Cybersleuth" title, yet southern Asia did get it... And now Bandai Namco as of April 4th has made it painfully clear that their upcoming, third in series, title "Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization", will also be a digital-only release for the Vita in North America. In fact, nine of the twelve games Bandai Namco has "released" for the Vita in R1 thus far have been digital only releases, whilst across the Atlantic even Europe has seen more than twice that many physical releases out of Bandai Namco, and already they have confirmation that they will be getting physical releases of four upcoming Bandai Namco titles for the Vita; "Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization", "One Piece: Burning Blood", "God Eater: Resurrection", and "God Eater 2: Rage Burst". It seems rather apparent that Bandai Namco has zero confidence in the R1 marketplace. We need to organize a write in campaign to let Bandai Namco know we want physical releases of their upcoming title here too.

At least Namco is releasing digital version for Vita.  Square Enix has zero interest with Vita unless it has final fantasy in the title (Mana, Star Ocean, and Chaos Ring all got English translation but no Vita release)

You do realize that Walmart sells more games than GameStop, right? As for dedicated game stores GameStop is clearly the king but if Blockbuster taught us anything it's that even if you're the top of your specific market guarantee you'll be around forever.

You do realize that Walmart sells more games than GameStop, right? As for dedicated game stores GameStop is clearly the king but if Blockbuster taught us anything it's that even if you're the top of your specific market guarantee you'll be around forever.
Untrue. Game stop has more market share than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is #2.

Yeah, I love it when people are like, "GS should go out of business for selling opened games as new". If that did happen, it would hurt the industry substantially since no other retailer has thousands of stores across the country. In any case, just look at the condition of the average game at GS: someone traded in that rough-looking game, and someone else will buy it. Are either of them going to care if a new game is missing the plastic wrap?
I actually had a situation were the employee had opened my preordered copy of a game and had put it on the floor the day it was released. I was a little upset.

Gamestop is the largest dedicated game retailer, but when it comes to total gaming revenue I think Walmart is still #1.
You're right. Walmart's 2015 revenue was $486 billion. Approximately 6% of that is classified as "video game" revenue, so that's about $29B. Game Stop's 2015 revenue was only $9B, and that that includes all of their non-video game sales (e.g. ThinkGeek, figures, protection plans, etc.).

bread's done
Back