PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't replace my Vita even if I wanted to, because I have PS Mobile games.

I don't think I've said it this week, so... fuck Sony.

I couldn't replace my Vita even if I wanted to, because I have PS Mobile games.

I don't think I've said it this week, so... fuck Sony.
I'm annoyed at all this half baked implementation of mostly bad ideas, I got onto the Vita late, and ignored PSMobile beyond one "app". (Lemmings -Demo only-). The doom bells were tolling by the time I would have put any thought into buying into the scheme, plus I have at least 5 PC versions of Lemmings. But it must be all the more sour, if you invested into that store, with a number of (DOOMED) but decent EXCLUSIVELY UNIQUE catalog. :wall:

I'm almost happy there isn't a PSVita NEO*... but then I remember that they kind of did... -looks at my dusty PSTV-*.

*Based on the PS4 NEO Rumor/leak.

**I still use it sometimes, it just happens to be dusty.

Today is Axiom Verge day. A glorious day for the vita.

Edit:

And its available to download now.
149MB and cross buy with the PS4 version.

10% off if you haven't purchased it before.

Ooooo, Persona 4 Golden on sale for $10 on PSN. Digital version, so make sure you have room on your memory card. But this is a must-have title for the Vita. It also works really well on the PSTV. I'm playing through it at the moment, and really enjoying it. $10 is a pretty good price, especially if you haven't played it yet.

Off-topic, but could think of no better place to share it at. Was in a relatives house last week noting the accumulation of magnets and pictures on the refrigerator. This creepy old Christmas photo they had received many years ago stood out like a sore thumb, but the massive accumulation of refrigerator magnets tempted me and I could not help but to make it even creepier with an optimal magnet placement. (see spoiler).

IMG_7704as.JPG

IMG_7704s.JPG

And on topic, I got Stranger of Sword City pre-order this past weekend and also picked up a complete "GS new" copy of Farming Simulator 16.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thanks for all the tips and recommendations about Vita games.

I love my Vita and my New 3DS XL equally. Sometimes I play my Vita more, sometimes my 3DS. Right now it's probably my 3DS because of Bravely Second.

Anyway, has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed Chronicles yet for Vita? If so, how is it?
assassin creed has a batman blackgate feel to it. for a vita game it's not bad. works on the vita tv with a ps4 remote as it requires a few touch spots.

Off-topic, but could think of no better place to share it at. Was in a relatives house last week noting the accumulation of magnets and pictures on the refrigerator. This creepy old Christmas photo they had received many years ago stood out like a sore thumb, but the massive accumulation of refrigerator magnets tempted me and I could not help but to make it even creepier with an optimal magnet placement. (see spoiler).

IMG_7704as.JPG

IMG_7704s.JPG

And on topic, I got Stranger of Sword City pre-order this past weekend and also picked up a complete "GS new" copy of Farming Simulator 16.
Been reading reviews of SoSC and it looks like it's not that great...will wait for it to drop I guess :/

IMG_7704as.JPG
IMG_7704s.JPG

Related, but not, remember when Sony was so behind it's belabored previous platform that is hired a viral marketing firm so our estranged "Cousin Pete" could rap to us about wanting the UMD delivery device of great justice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

The memories, thanks for them Sony. Except your terrible memory cards.

Related, but not, remember when Sony was so behind it's belabored previous platform that is hired a viral marketing firm so our estranged "Cousin Pete" could rap to us about wanting the UMD delivery device of great justice?

At least the Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening Commercial sounded better haha

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL9cJ5khHU[/media]

lol I don't think I ever saw that before.

Updated the albums. 

Also added in Assassin's Creed Chronicles, Trillion (both covers), Senran Kagura Estival Vs (Both Covers), and T&A Ninjas cover (Dead or Alive Extreme 3 Venus) 

Ooooo, Persona 4 Golden on sale for $10 on PSN. Digital version, so make sure you have room on your memory card. But this is a must-have title for the Vita. It also works really well on the PSTV. I'm playing through it at the moment, and really enjoying it. $10 is a pretty good price, especially if you haven't played it yet.
its been cheaper numerous times physical however. Heck its probably been cheaper digital as well.

Has there been some new information on the subject that I didn't hear about? I didn't think any info on a physical release for this game had been mentioned, but I would love to be wrong.
Theyre interested. LRG wants to team up, but the Dev might just do it on his own like the Devs for Shovel Knight did

Theyre interested. LRG wants to team up, but the Dev might just do it on his own like the Devs for Shovel Knight did
I would love to get it physical, and I don't care who makes it happen, but after taking a year to get the Vita port done(I know it wasn't really all his fault), maybe he should turn over duties to the LRG guys, as he may not be up to the task.

I thought axiom verge was already mentioned as one of the titles LRG was doing later this year, guess it was just "talks".

And shovel knight, are they making a physical Vita version? Cause if they are i'll have to double dip..

I thought axiom verge was already mentioned as one of the titles LRG was doing later this year, guess it was just "talks".

And shovel knight, are they making a physical Vita version? Cause if they are i'll have to double dip..
Just talks. Axiom Verge is a labor of love, the dev might want to do publishing on his own.

No physical version. I just thought it was bs the vita didnt get one.

Then this might be my issue... If I have to uncheck it because of the misleading description, I may have looked in the settings in the past and thought I had it done correctly. The way I have been downloading games is starting the download, leaving my vita on... Until it falls asleep and make sure I check it to ensure that it is awake and downloading... Man they need to patch that description, that is crappy on them.
Just make sure you don't move the Vita while it downloads in sleep mode... unlike the 3DS, the Vita is unable to reconnect to saved wireless networks while in sleep mode: if you move it, the downloads will remain paused until you turn it back on, resume them and put it in sleep mode again, it is that stupid...

It will still continue to drain the battery though, so make sure you leave it plugged in.

Once PS Mobile is deactivated for your system (which happens just by removing the memory card), you can never activate it again. There is no way to reactivate it on any system.

Once PS Mobile is deactivated for your system (which happens just by removing the memory card), you can never activate it again. There is no way to reactivate it on any system.
which is dumb. Kinda makes me glad I never got anything on PSMobile, since I swap memory cards a bit frequently.. the 8gig I got at launch just wasn't up to snuff, and I didn't want to shell out for a 32 or 64 when I could grab 2 16s for $20 each at GS (and then found another two at Wal-Mart for $10)

Stupid memory card prices.

I sprung for a 64GB card a little earlier than I planned to, just so I wouldn't have to worry about swapping memory cards. But this also means I can't use this card in my PSTV.

Just make sure you don't move the Vita while it downloads in sleep mode... unlike the 3DS, the Vita is unable to reconnect to saved wireless networks while in sleep mode: if you move it, the downloads will remain paused until you turn it back on, resume them and put it in sleep mode again, it is that stupid...

It will still continue to drain the battery though, so make sure you leave it plugged in.
Once again, you really don't know what you're talking about. My Vita has never had that issue. You might want to stick with the 3DS thread, it's obviously more your speed.

Got an email from Amazon that my $35.99 :vita: Stranger of Sword City (Limited Edition) will be arriving 4/26, woot woot.

I didn't know it was releasing so soon.

Headed to Tokyo. Any Vita games with English subtitles worth purchasing abroad?
Due to the way it works, apparently you won't be able to find any Asian releases in English, and there are little to no Japanese releases with English as an option.

:(

Due to the way it works, apparently you won't be able to find any Asian releases in English, and there are little to no Japanese releases with English as an option.

:(
Then aim for a few good games that don't require much to play and have fun...

Puyopop Tetris would be a good recommendation, as you don't need to know the language to play it.

There is also a fun Tank game "Girls und Panzer" that I've read might also be easy enough to enjoy with a simple menu guide.

Possibly Miracle Girls Festival also, I have it but haven't played it. But when it first came out, a bunch of people said it would be easy to play without the language requirement.

Some people like that Taiko no Tatsujin....though the RPG mode elements may be harder to understand in the game, the game is supposedly easy to play.

That's not the same thing.
they held the items in their warehouse and were sold through amazon. Can't see how this is so difficult to understand. the only thing that they didn't do was take amazon credit for preorders or if they did I didn't find how to apply it to the order.

Its too bad bamco didn't continue using them for their stuff as it would of been great.

I have three PS Mobile games on my system and I swap my memory cards and they work fine. I have tested them multiple times. Two ones I play often are Super Crate Box and Oh Deer Alpha. I activated my system once they said they were shutting down ps mobile. If you have a lot of games I understand not taking the risk but I have no issues. My three games are on a 32GB card with a bunch of indie titles and I have a 16GB card for large download games.

I have three PS Mobile games on my system and I swap my memory cards and they work fine. I have tested them multiple times. Two ones I play often are Super Crate Box and Oh Deer Alpha. I activated my system once they said they were shutting down ps mobile. If you have a lot of games I understand not taking the risk but I have no issues. My three games are on a 32GB card with a bunch of indie titles and I have a 16GB card for large download games.
I have PSM titles working fine on two cards. One is in the Vita and the other is in the PSTV. I used Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation to transfer them from Vita to the PC to the PSTV since this was after the deadline to redownload.

bread's done
Back