PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the install base of vita vs the wiiu? Both of these systems are popularly considered failures but both have a loyal fanbase. Does WiiU really have a large enough install base to justify the shelf space it takes up or is this a case where Nintendo can force retailers to give them the space because of the 3ds. Granted, Nintendo has not abandoned the WiiU just yet in the same way Sony has moved on from the Vita but I think it's an interesting comparison.
Not sure of the exact numbers but last time I checked Vita had outsold the WiiU globally.

Not sure of the exact numbers but last time I checked Vita had outsold the WiiU globally.
That's certainly believable, but doesn't change the fact that post systems are commercial failures.

But I'm not talking about in the retail stores, we all know those have basically stopped carrying Vita games. I'm talking about online BB orders that ship from their warehouses. BB is ordering much smaller quantities of Vita games (and other less popular games on other platforms), and when they sell out from the warehouse inventory, they're delisted and removed from the website for good.
Seems to be the case with Vita games everywhere. Retailers are not stocking as many titles and the more obscure games are usually gone within a month or two of release it seems like. I've noticed that a lot of the earlier Vita games are also getting harder to find and are in smaller quantities on sites like Amazon now as well. Getting Vita games on the cheap is starting to become difficult now and finding them at B&M stores that aren't Gamestop is near impossible around me.

No way, you mean to tell me that Vita is losing it's retail presence?
whatno.gif

Anyone bought the VITA console from the eBay seller that has them for $99 or $119 every couple of weeks?
Not personally, but I just missed this last price drop by a few hours. I bought one off of eBay a couple of weeks ago for ~$160. Hopefully this comes back around in the next couple of weeks so I can send the unopened one back to Amazon before I get back home. They seem to do a fair amount of business on Amazon, also.

Anyone bought the VITA console from the eBay seller that has them for $99 or $119 every couple of weeks?
I bought the OLED VITA for $99 from them. It came in basically new condition. Zero scratches on the front or back and was in the same protective pouch that factory sealed VITAs come in. The cords were unwrapped and just had rubber bands around them. Very nice price for a backup to my other VITAs.

Somehow I feel if you want that 64 gig card you should get it some time soonish....the price of those doesn't seem to be going down and the manufacturing of Vita stuff seems to not be as much lately either.

These memory card prices need to drop.
Personally if we see a major drop in memory cards prices that be the true sign that Sony is just "cleaning house" on Vita, I have seen this happen with every other console in the past. So maybe with the carts still being so expensive could just be that Sony still sees they can make money off owners?

I bet when all vita games accessories and consoles finally go into clearance mode, memory card prices will skyrocket.
On eBay yes, but big retails stores that still carry anything for Vita are just going to price them at ridiculously low prices just to clean out their warehouse.

This is THE YEAR for me. Four years of waiting on new game of both Uncharted and Zero Escape, my favorite series, are finally here. And 999 has been my fav game across ALL platforms, I just know I'm gonna cry when I finish ZTD. I really can't wait for the game to come and binge-play it without the concepts of day and night, like I did with 999. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

[attachment=22606:QQ截图20160624120410.png]

I have had ok luck on Amazon's Warehouse Deals site for memory cards.

Got an 8 gb card for $16 and a 16 gb card for $28.

Also got the MGS Collection for $16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is THE YEAR for me. Four years of waiting on new game of both Uncharted and Zero Escape, my favorite series, are finally here. And 999 has been my fav game across ALL platforms, I just know I'm gonna cry when I finish ZTD. I really can't wait for the game to come and binge-play it without the concepts of day and night, like I did with 999. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

attachicon.gif
QQ截图20160624120410.png
This is why the Limited Watch Bonus slipped under my radar... THAT PRE-ORDER DATE, WOW!

Personally if we see a major drop in memory cards prices could that be the true sign that Sony is just "cleaning house" on Vita I have seen this happen with every other console in the past. So maybe with the cars still being so expensive could just be Sony still sees they can make money off owners?
Yeah amazon has yet to lower those prices i been watching

attachicon.gif
QQ截图20160624120410.png
This hurts me lol Amazon cancelled my order without any email or anything and when i told why they told me it was a glitch or error on their site

250mb?
Hell I have a bunch of 100mb ones left!

I bet when all vita games accessories and consoles finally go into clearance mode, memory card prices will skyrocket.
I still have a couple stacks of the standard 100mb zip disks as well. Thankfully someone gave me a usb (data & power) drive that handled the 250's and 100's as there were a few files I did want to rescue. It's a lot easier hooking up a single USB versus the old parallel model with the power brick. Heck I use a nettop and netbook for most of my computing anyway and I would need an adapter to even use a parallel drive... plus then the drivers which the usb drive doesn't require.

.Anyway with memory cards for vita I don't think they'll necessarily skyrocket... but they will certainly hold their value and may also go up a little. Just look at the M2 cards that were required to expand the PSP-GO. Thankfully that system at least came with 16gb built in. It's a shame Sony couldn't take the idea of the GO and expand on it and throw at least 16gb into the Vita.

I for one love my psp go.. No umd drive but I played it more than my normal psp's

And so much easier to take with me.
same here, and that cradle can hook it right up to the big screen is just so sweet. Only setback is when I play rhythm games like taiko the L/R button is kinda hard to press with the upper screen kinda in the way. but otherwise, my white pspgo is really perfect in every way.

Yeah, I love my PSP Go as well.  I have a nice candy white one.    I like that it also doubles as a console and you can pair it with a PS3 controller.  It's like a lite version of the VIta & PSTV in one system.

So.... Back at the same Walmart I was at last week.
how nice should I be..
jjy0k7.jpg
Awesome deal. I wish I could come across a MVC3 for $10.00, but the Wal-Marts around me have nothing really a few cases , memory cards, and systems. None aside from the cases are discounted though. I may just decide to hit up a few Wal-Marts this weekend though and try my luck.

Awesome deal. I wish I could come across a MVC3 for $10.00, but the Wal-Marts around me have nothing really a few cases , memory cards, and systems. None aside from the cases are discounted though. I may just decide to hit up a few Wal-Marts this weekend though and try my luck.
My walmart has them im going to check the prices

cold steel 2 is releasing on my birthday...  Its almost begging me to ask for it as a gift but I honestly would rather wait for it to drop to 20 since I'm not interested in playing it right away.   Meanwhile what exactly is cosmic star heroine you all keep posting about?

Yeah, I love my PSP Go as well. I have a nice candy white one. I like that it also doubles as a console and you can pair it with a PS3 controller. It's like a lite version of the VIta & PSTV in one system.
you can use a ps3 controller on a psp go? thats interesting.

I see it's not listed in the upcoming releases on LRG site, but has there been any word on any sort of physical release (on any platform) for Axiom Verge?  I was considering buying it during the Steam sale, but don't want to do so if it's getting a physical release.  What about Fruit of Grisaia?

I see it's not listed in the upcoming releases on LRG site, but has there been any word on any sort of physical release (on any platform) for Axiom Verge? I was considering buying it during the Steam sale, but don't want to do so if it's getting a physical release. What about Fruit of Grisaia?
Grisasia series will likely stay PC physical unless there is some miracle...or sekai project decides to do some more projects with LRG down the line.

I see it's not listed in the upcoming releases on LRG site, but has there been any word on any sort of physical release (on any platform) for Axiom Verge? I was considering buying it during the Steam sale, but don't want to do so if it's getting a physical release. What about Fruit of Grisaia?
No word on Axiom Verge. Like at all. LRG has expressed interest, but Axiom Verge can go the fangamer route like Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage.

As for Grisaia, not yet. It is one of their potential announcements at Anime Expo.

Grisasia series will likely stay PC physical unless there is some miracle...or sekai project decides to do some more projects with LRG down the line.
You must've missed the post where Sekai Project said they have more titles to announce and how silly it would be for them to announce everything at once. It would be stupid for them to not do it since Grisaia is pretty much their most requested vita release.

They said to look forward to Anime Expo (next week).

Yeah, if Axiom Verge does get a physical release, more than likely it will go the Fangamer route, as they already sale AV merchandise.

Thank you!

Ordered for in-store pickup next Tuesday.
Vita will NOT get the $10 cert. It's on the game page but Vita isn't on the list of qualifying games shown if you go through the promo landing page. Unboxed gaming mods confirmed that Vita doesn't qualify for the cert.

cold steel 2 is releasing on my birthday... Its almost begging me to ask for it as a gift but I honestly would rather wait for it to drop to 20 since I'm not interested in playing it right away.
The first one is still holding its price pretty well, only the LE dropped to $39.99.

I'm just gonna buy it with GCU, and let it sit in with the first one inside my Lionheart box. By the time BBY clearance it out (if they do, and if there is even any stock left when they do) I should have played it already.

bread's done
Back