PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Summon Night 6 physical copies for pre-order soon at www.gaijinworks.com

this news is about two weeks old, sorry if it's a repeat.

What I have heard, is that 999 is the better game in the trilogy, and as I have obtained the true ending, it certainly is recommended. 

As for VLR I have only just started to play it, on my PSTV. I'm kind of sad that ZTD is reported to NOT work on PSTV. (kind of had high hopes.) 

I am going to skip LRG Xeodrifter, as The lack of jump variation hight kind of makes me annoyed at the game. I also have played through it twice, once on 3DS, and Once on Wii U. 

Hey guys not a deal post but i was thinking of getting into the Zero Escape series. I really love Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright. Would the Zero Escape series be up my alley? Also whats the best way to get and play 999?

Hey guys not a deal post but i was thinking of getting into the Zero Escape series. I really love Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright. Would the Zero Escape series be up my alley? Also whats the best way to get and play 999?
buy a ds($20), a copy of 999($20), and play, with no sleep

In this case there are only, and I seriously mean only, two possibilities as to what was wrong with the watches.

1. Manufacturing defect.

2. The cargo container they were in got dropped in the Pacific. Salt water and electronics don't mix well. And this sort of thing does happen more often than you will ever hear admitted to.
3. The watches were packed like crap by the manufacturer and enough of them were damaged just by being shaken around that they couldn't send them out to everyone and decided it was more fair and/or logistically easier to get enough replacements to send them to everyone at once.

4. Something extremely heavy that should not have been stacked on top of anything else was stacked on top of the watch box, damaging a substantial number of the watches.

5. A forklift was run into the side of the box.

I could go on, but there are not "seriously only two" possibilities.

Still no shipping confirmation from amazon. RARGH! I was really hoping to get it in time to play over the july 4th weekend. But now I just want it to be sent out before July 4th.

Still no shipping confirmation from amazon. RARGH! I was really hoping to get it in time to play over the july 4th weekend. But now I just want it to be sent out before July 4th.
i could not wait even one more second, so i went to the GS that had the one and only one copy in my area. And trust me it's worth it.

Askys stated that Amazon has some qty, but not all, and will ship out orders as qty's arrive. So you may get shipping today, tomorrow, or a week from now.

Gamestop I preorder from have no idea what is going on, not surprised.
Well, I received a message from them online awhile back stating that the game would be shipped, and the watch would come later. They sent me my tracking on Monday, and it has yet to be scanned anywhere, so I don't know what their doing. At this point, I'm just along for the ride. LOL

Or just wait for the vita version of 999 that was teased earlier in June.

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/741287790130909185
Maybe it will be as good as the DS one, although I highly doubt it will, playing this game on DS is kinda essential to the plot.

Maybe it will be as good as the DS one, although I highly doubt it will, playing this game on DS is kinda essential to the plot.
2 DS lite screens fit inside the screen real estate of the vita so I wouldn't be surprised if they put both screens on and have you hold the system vertically for classic mode or they put them side by side (perhaps with 1 screen slightly smaller than the other so they fit) for horizontal mode.

Good news, Octodad: Dadliest Catch should arrive in time to play over the July 4th weekend! :D/

Me two days ago: Meh, so ZTD has a shipping delay, I can be patient I guess, no big.

Me, now: 

lhjhbB9.gif

(I know Amazon said they'd ship it, but nothing yet!)

Just watched LRG's Xeodrifter (Vita) Twitchstream. Asked about Sekai Project game titles and Douglas said those aren't likely going to be released until next year.

I picked up Corpse Party Blood Drive from gamestop for $21.  I had been thinking about picking that up for a while and the $20 range is my sweet spot.  It was still sealed.  I'm also a bit of sucker for games with a soundtrack.

Weren't the first games in this series released digital only on the psp?

I wonder how the amazon prime day thing is gonna be for vita deals
They had a gold deal on the Borderlands 2 vita bundle last year, $150. Then there was also a one time use code that day for people with an amazon visa to get $20 off an $100+ purchase so that took off another $20.

They had a gold deal on the Borderlands 2 vita bundle last year, $150. Then there was also a one time use code that day for people with an amazon visa to get $20 off an $100+ purchase so that took off another $20.
This and a few random things that sold out in a half second... About all that was good.

So I played both 999 and VLR. I liked 999 a lot more and get the thematic similarities but I don't understand how ZTD is related other than sharing the same "theme". I just don't remember a huge connection between the other two. I am an idiot though so that may explain it.
You must not have gotten the true ending in VLR. Otherwise the connections between the 3 games should be plain as day. Also, if you haven't gotten the true ending yet, you'll probably like VLR a little bit more when you do, about 75% of that game's storyline is contained in the true ending route.

You should have picked up VLR when it was on sale last week then. It's really recommended to play them in order as you won't understand a few of the character's motivations if you don't know what happened in 999. I'd say emulate 999 if you can. But if you really don't have a choice, then I guess you could start with VLR. I would say 999 had the better story and twists though.

*cough* returning characters *cough*
And I don't mean Clover
I definitely preferred VLR's story and twists. The one thing I liked better about 999's twists were that they were more evenly distributed throughout the game than VLR. But I still liked the VLR story a lot better.

I wonder how the amazon prime day thing is gonna be for vita deals
Prime Day is a joke. I expect it to be the same as last year. Disappointing.
The one thing you can count on, if there actually are a couple of good deals, they will be gone 1second after they go live. Just like last year. You have to be Johnny on the spot with your purchasing. You won't just stumble into some good deals while browsing the sale.

The one thing you can count on, if there actually are a couple of good deals, they will be gone 1second after they go live. Just like last year. You have to be Johnny on the spot with your purchasing. You won't just stumble into some good deals while browsing the sale.
What time did Prime Day start last year?

I've had enough! Got on amazon chat. Asked them about why the standard edition for ZTD wasn't shipping yet. Took awhile to convince him that even though my preorder was for the watch, they were supposed to send me standard until the watch comes in. After showing him the email and everything, he said my best bet is to just order a standard edition copy today and he put a "note" on my watch order to refund me for the cost when the watch ships. It's probably gonna be a clusterfuck when the watch ships and I get charged another $40 for it.

I've had enough! Got on amazon chat. Asked them about why the standard edition for ZTD wasn't shipping yet. Took awhile to convince him that even though my preorder was for the watch, they were supposed to send me standard until the watch comes in. After showing him the email and everything, he said my best bet is to just order a standard edition copy today and he put a "note" on my watch order to refund me for the cost when the watch ships. It's probably gonna be a clusterfuck when the watch ships and I get charged another $40 for it.
Yup, most likely. Good luck. Same thing happened with that whole Goliath Edition of Homefront. I never received that email, and the rep put a note on my account. Instsntly sent them back...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This shows how closely I'm paying attention to Vita releases, but apparently Adventures of Mana came out recently.  Has anyone picked it up?

I'm not trying for a full vita game collection.  But after looking at that checklist the only good/sought-after game I am missing is Breach & Clear.  But I always see you guys talking about weird sports games and other rare Vita games.  

What are the expensive/rare titles that are also generally considered meh games? You know, the ones that shouldn't be expensive, but are.

Lego Star Wars performs pretty well on the Vita. I am about three hours in and didn't notice any technical glitches. Came in just in time right after I finished Child of Light (which is fricking fantastic Vita game, now one of my top 5's).

I don't like how the camera automatically rotates with the left stick in a very sensitive fashion, don't know if that is specific to the Vita version or not. At last, I did not get the $10 BBY as of now (received the game on the 28th).

THis shows how closely I'm paying attention to Vita releases, but apparently Adventures of Mana came out recently. Has anyone picked it up?
Yea. I've only had the chance to play about an hour. So far, so good. Feels very much like an updated version of the old-school Mana games (which it is).

Yea. I've only had the chance to play about an hour. So far, so good. Feels very much like an updated version of the old-school Mana games (which it is).
It's a remake of FF Adventure for the GB... which was really a Mana game in Japan. Man, I remember those games.. their mechanics are fucking brutal by today's standards, I have no idea how I played them back in the day.

Surely someone here has hot shots golf world invitational for the vita. I want to know if there are unlockable outfits or if it's just 2 costumes and palette swaps per character or something like that. I really liked Pangya because it had all the clothes you can unlock and dress them up in.

Lego Star Wars performs pretty well on the Vita. I am about three hours in and didn't notice any technical glitches. Came in just in time right after I finished Child of Light (which is fricking fantastic Vita game, now one of my top 5's).

I don't like how the camera automatically rotates with the left stick in a very sensitive fashion, don't know if that is specific to the Vita version or not. At last, I did not get the $10 BBY as of now (received the game on the 28th).
I didn't get my $10 cert yet either. It may take up to 30 days I think. If still nothing, I'm going to complain since I was assured by their customer service that the Vita version qualified too.

I'm not trying for a full vita game collection. But after looking at that checklist the only good/sought-after game I am missing is Breach & Clear. But I always see you guys talking about weird sports games and other rare Vita games.

What are the expensive/rare titles that are also generally considered meh games? You know, the ones that shouldn't be expensive, but are.
Are these what you read? Or some other checklist? The directory has notation of all the limited physical edition releases. I'll shy out of discriminating upon as to which titles are rare and presently holding good resale value that in my own opinion aren't very good games, as I think we can all agree that a game one person may find terrible another person may thoroughly enjoy.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

On side note, I picked up my Best Buy pre-ordered copy of Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens earlier in the evening. May be tomorrow night before I'll get a chance to play it though.

bread's done
Back