PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
If I don't get my 3DS watch, I'll just return the game to the store, as I only wanted the Vita game to play, so I only ordered the 3DS for the extra watch.
Here's my question though... can you still return it if the watches ship 30 days after the game was shipped/picked up?

As far as GS sees it, I'm guessing they see it as having "completed" 1/2 of your order (the game) and will complete the 2nd 1/2 later. But of course, if you try to return the game now and claim your unshipped watch, I'm sure they'll cancel.

Not sure how Amazon will handle this, since they closed the orders as just having shipped the game.

My 3DS copy of ZTD has a loose cartridge and my Vita copy looks like someone went at it with a screwdriver. No watches, of course. So, to you Amazon, I say this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1SS127IMk

Someone mentioned there is important DLC for Hyperdimension Nep 1. Which DLC was it?
All of the DLC for Nep1 isn't bad. The three Additional Content packs raise the level cap, while the 2 of the DLC characters are real lifesavers early game. Nep is not an easy game.

Here's my question though... can you still return it if the watches ship 30 days after the game was shipped/picked up?

As far as GS sees it, I'm guessing they see it as having "completed" 1/2 of your order (the game) and will complete the 2nd 1/2 later. But of course, if you try to return the game now and claim your unshipped watch, I'm sure they'll cancel.

Not sure how Amazon will handle this, since they closed the orders as just having shipped the game.
Knowing GS, they will try some BS when it's all said and done, but the order isn't complete until it is 100% delivered.

I have a friend who is a manager, so I'm not real worried one way or another, as he will return it form me no questions asked. But I would recommend looking in to the 30 day issue, as they may or may not want to take a return after a certain point.

I was really enjoying DT2 until I got to (one of?) the last dungeons and it was a convoluted mess. Fall down this hole walk over to those stairs now backtrack whoops you walked past the false wall no go up two floors and go over there to go down another level blah blah blah. That mixed with the every other step random encounter broke me. It's not like the battles were even that hard at that point (my gals were all mid 50s). They were just annoying.
Have you tried Demon Gaze? Im curious how you felt about their dungeon design.

Speaking of SRPG games, how do these Vita SRPG's (Demon Gaze, Dungeon Traveler 2, Stranger of Sword City) compare to Etrian Odyssey? I love Etrian Odyssey and I own those three games, but I am assuming Etrian Odyssey trumps those games in regards to strategy elements?

Speaking of SRPG games, how do these Vita SRPG's (Demon Gaze, Dungeon Traveler 2, Stranger of Sword City) compare to Etrian Odyssey? I love Etrian Odyssey and I own those three games, but I am assuming Etrian Odyssey trumps those games in regards to strategy elements?
The dungeon design in Demons Gaze was much better than Dungeon Traveler 2. The first dungeons in DT2 are so straightforward to be boring, where-as in DG there's some variety and something to keep you interested.

Operation Abyss is pretty bad, the dungeons are horribly convoluted, the in-game directions are confusing and wrong.

I haven't tried Stranger of Sword City or Ray Gigiant yet.

The upgrade system in DG is pretty bland imo. In DT2 the biggest draw for me is the class evolution. The skills also play very differently. DT2 also has weapon enchantment that keeps looting interesting throughout the game.

Anyone that wants a Valkyrie Drive Limited Edition? 

Well, Rice Digital has one, and it's exclusive:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-ps-vita-liberators-collectors-edition

It's 79.99, with the added bonus of $30 shipping to the US! 

I've enjoyed Rice Digital's LE's in the past, but sadly I have to draw the line somewhere. There's no way I'm paying that shipping cost. It's like they are insisting on using DHL, which is pretty much the most expensive way to send something to the US. Sure, I get it in 3 days, but I'd rather pay $8 and get it sent untracked. I don't care if I have to wait 2 weeks to get my item. 

They're not SRPGs, btw.

Etrian Odyssey is cream of the crop to me, but I'm quite biased towards the series.

But the Vita ones aren't bad by any means.

Anyone that wants a Valkyrie Drive Limited Edition?

Well, Rice Digital has one, and it's exclusive:

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-ps-vita-liberators-collectors-edition

It's 79.99, with the added bonus of $30 shipping to the US!

I've enjoyed Rice Digital's LE's in the past, but sadly I have to draw the line somewhere. There's no way I'm paying that shipping cost. It's like they are insisting on using DHL, which is pretty much the most expensive way to send something to the US. Sure, I get it in 3 days, but I'd rather pay $8 and get it sent untracked. I don't care if I have to wait 2 weeks to get my item.
WOW, that is a little high for sure on the shipping cost. LOL

For me personally, I don't mind the wait either, as getting items lost is never my concern, but damages are a HUGE issue. I'm not completely opposed to a high cost of shipping, but I do have issues with the poor packaging most of these UK companies use. Some of the practices they use, I'm surprised items don't arrive damaged constantly on that side of the pond, let alone surviving a trip over seas.

I've had posters, games sets and just about everything in-between arrive to me in the most sorry of shape, and it's not so much the trip, but the poor boxes, tubes, and overall packaging that is used. It's beyond terrible.

I may get this set, as it looks decent, but I need to get some reports on how they are shipping packages, as there is no way in hell I would pay $5, let alone $30 for the way they have shipped items to me in the past.

when limited and collector's editions start costing more than twice the price of the game it's time to reevaluate your purchasing habits. 

They're not SRPGs, btw.

Etrian Odyssey is cream of the crop to me, but I'm quite biased towards the series.

But the Vita ones aren't bad by any means.
You are right, I meant DRPG's, not SRPG's.

I also love Etrian Odyssey. Although I hope the new one has some fresh ideas as after 6 or so games with no major changes, it is starting to get stale.

Setup sony content manager assistant on my PC (also Windows Media Player 11 which was required), connected my vita, backed up my 8gb memory card, powered off my vita, swapped to my new 64gb card, powered up, went to content manager and restored my backup.  It took about an hour and a half but was painless.  All my saves, games, folders & icons, everything... perfectly in place.

Yet, I don't even know what I'm even going to download right now that I have all this space.  I don't want to just install as much as I can as I'd rather just install what I want to play.  I think instead of focusing on that I'm going to try and build up my offline library so I have some of the games that require the ps3 to transfer over.

I said I wasn't going to get into collecting every LRG title, but now there is a hole in my soul from Breach & Clear being the only game I'm missing. 

It was the numbering on the spines that I just learned about, that did me in.

I said I wasn't going to get into collecting every LRG title, but now there is a hole in my soul from Breach & Clear being the only game I'm missing.

It was the numbering on the spines that I just learned about, that did me in.
You better be quick on the draw when they put those bundles up in a couple of weeks. :D

Well I need this after the surprising turn half way through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=109&v=m2COhPPV184

Looked like a standard waifu dungeon crawler until
WTF customizable mechs!?

You better be quick on the draw when they put those bundles up in a couple of weeks. :D
Scoring LRG games is the easy part, compared to drops like the two Mondo posters I bought this morning that sell out in a couple seconds. The hard part is remembering to be available on the date and time things go on sale.

Scoring LRG games is the easy part, compared to a drop like the two Mondo posters I bought this morning that sell out in a couple seconds. The hard part is remembering to be available on the date and time things go on sale.
Right now the rumors are that they're only going to be about 30 bundles that will include Breach and Clear Vita, so not as gettable as the typical release.

Hopefully they'll release the actual numbers soon sometime next week.

oh sweet, I had no idea they were selling the Vita game again.  Will def try to grab one of those.

oh sweet, I had no idea they were selling the Vita game again. Will def try to grab one of those.
They talked about it a little, but there's been no actual numbers given out yet.

Speculation is that it's probably only going to be like a few dozen bundles left, so you'll have to be on your game that day. XD

It's also part of the reason why Soldner got delayed because they were planning to release a bunch of stuff on that day as well, possibly SMRPG bundles too.

My 3DS copy of ZTD has a loose cartridge and my Vita copy looks like someone went at it with a screwdriver. No watches, of course. So, to you Amazon, I say this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1SS127IMk
I would imagine that is more Amazon's response to their customers.

When are some new ones coming. More excited for Volume
There is no release date for the stuff they announced past Soldner and Breach and Clear Deadline. And they haven't announced anything new besides Breach and Clear Deadline and the Sekai Project Team Up

Hmmm noticed zero time dilemma standard is only sold by third party sellers now on amazon. Wonder if they will repost it/ restock it? I saw it get restocked on best buys website.

I got the Zero Time Dilemma 3DS watch edition at GameStop. The shipment was destroyed and had to be sent back to the factory. People can follow this representative for updates, still no ETA though:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aksys_Danny

They said they'll make it right with extras. No idea what these extras are going to be.

Hmmm noticed zero time dilemma standard is only sold by third party sellers now on amazon. Wonder if they will repost it/ restock it? I saw it get restocked on best buys website.
Link for those interested:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zero-time-dilemma-ps-vita/4347800.p?id=1219734810262&skuId=4347800

It had been sold out since a week or more before release.

3DS version is also restocked, if that's your cup of tea.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zero-time-dilemma-nintendo-3ds/4345100.p?id=1219734816693&skuId=4345100

Reminder: Even if Amazon does restock the Vita version you will no longer get the extra 20% off.

I got the Zero Time Dilemma 3DS watch edition at GameStop. The shipment was destroyed and had to be sent back to the factory. People can follow this representative for updates, still no ETA though:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aksys_Danny

They said they'll make it right with extras. No idea what these extras are going to be.
Probably the best post on the subject of ZDT and the watches. I don't get how people blame the retailers for this messup. Considering how short of a window the games probably even had between arriving at the warehouses and getting shipped out for pre-orders, I would think any warped plastic would be because of them arriving that way.

In the end, they should have probably just delayed the game itself a month (or whatever) rather than fulfilling anything.

Probably the best post on the subject of ZDT and the watches. I don't get how people blame the retailers for this messup. Considering how short of a window the games probably even had between arriving at the warehouses and getting shipped out for pre-orders, I would think any warped plastic would be because of them arriving that way.

In the end, they should have probably just delayed the game itself a month (or whatever) rather than fulfilling anything.
I don't blame Amazon for the watch situation. I do blame them for sending an email nearly two weeks ago saying that standard copies of the game would be shipped out, then not making any progress whatsoever on my order.

Yeah, delaying the game until the watches were ready probably would have been a better decision, though somewhat unfair to people who just wanted the game by itself.

I don't blame Amazon for the watch situation. I do blame them for sending an email nearly two weeks ago saying that standard copies of the game would be shipped out, then not making any progress whatsoever on my order.

Yeah, delaying the game until the watches were ready probably would have been a better decision, though somewhat unfair to people who just wanted the game by itself.
Totally in the same boat as you. Not sure why my order is in limbo when they sent an email saying they would send the game immediately and others have gotten it mailed to them. Would rather not have to waste my time with a customer service call but looks like I may have to.

Link for those interested:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zero-time-dilemma-ps-vita/4347800.p?id=1219734810262&skuId=4347800

It had been sold out since a week or more before release.

3DS version is also restocked, if that's your cup of tea.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zero-time-dilemma-nintendo-3ds/4345100.p?id=1219734816693&skuId=4345100

Reminder: Even if Amazon does restock the Vita version you will no longer get the extra 20% off.
Do we think that this game will be printed a year or so down the road on the Vita AND hit a price that is $30 or lower on Amazon? If not, then I will pick it up through Best Buy now.

Totally in the same boat as you. Not sure why my order is in limbo when they sent an email saying they would send the game immediately and others have gotten it mailed to them. Would rather not have to waste my time with a customer service call but looks like I may have to.
Customer Service might not be worth trying--I sent an email earlier this week asking where my game was, and the response was basically "our system says it's temporarily OOS but it may come back in 3-5 business days, here's a $5 credit, thanks for shopping at Amazon!" Still no change to my order.

Meanwhile my Watch Edition still shows no delivery date. :bomb:
Vigilante's order probably hasn't been updated yet either. Hopefully you guys both get your copies soon.

I actually quoted that post with the intention of typing the text above. It wasn't until the first couple of words that I realized you had changed your avatar, and that I was actually quoting your own post.

So hey, don't feel bad. You're not the only ... one ... that hasn't ...

I'm getting my ZTD delivered today. Its already shipped. I ordered the Watch Edition back in early July of 2015. My order was in limbo too. I changed the shipping to One Day, then back to Two Day Free Shipping, and it shipped. Thanks to those that posted that trick. It worked for me. Fingers crossed that we still eventually get those watches.

I'm getting my ZTD delivered today. Its already shipped. I ordered the Watch Edition back in early July of 2015. My order was in limbo too. I changed the shipping to One Day, then back to Two Day Free Shipping, and it shipped. Thanks to those that posted that trick. It worked for me. Fingers crossed that we still eventually get those watches.
I tried changing the shipping speed, too, but after going from Two-Day to Standard then back to Two-Day, nothing changed. The CS rep who answered my email also upgraded my shipping to One-Day "at no extra charge", so I'm hesitant to try switching again.

This thread should be renamed. ZTD Watch Thread. Since that's all that is talked about here....
Jap niche thread was exactly the same. I'm sick and tired of it already. Yes it was delayed. Yes it looks melted on (like my Story of Seasons way back when).....just play the game when you get it and there. I'm somewhat glad I cancelled it a while back, since I still need to go through VLR.

Jap niche thread was exactly the same. I'm sick and tired of it already. Yes it was delayed. Yes it looks melted on (like my Story of Seasons way back when).....just play the game when you get it and there. I'm somewhat glad I cancelled it a while back, since I still need to go through VLR.
I still need to go through that and 999 so whenever it shows up, I'll add it to the backlog.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back