PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. The Gamestop page for a *NEW* 2000 Vita is no longer available.

No store availability either. They may have been converted to used.

Not surprised Criminal Girls 2 and Valkyrie Drive would have issues.

Interesting. The Gamestop page for the 2000 Vita is no longer available.
They haven't had new consoles for a while now in stores... I remember not even being able to find one in stores last October when I decided to start looking for a system. I ended up finding a Borderlands Bundle at a Walmart while in another city.

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (1st Quarter)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
Wait, Muv-Luv was pushed to next year? I thought it was expected around October.

They haven't had new consoles for a while now in stores... I remember not even being able to find one in stores last October when I decided to start looking for a system. I ended up finding a Borderlands Bundle at a Walmart while in another city.
I bought one new in store just this past year in the lead up to Blanc vs Zombies and there were systems in stock all around me. The site went out of stock between June and this past week.

I feel the same way about informationaabout upcoming titles. Once I'm already interested in the game, I generally want to know as little about it as possible before release. I like to keep it fresh.

Gamestop won't take it, Best Buy won't take it, Australia won't take it, Germany won't take it. Where else can they sell it?

Not surprised Criminal Girls 2 and Valkyrie Drive would have issues.

Wait, Muv-Luv was pushed to next year? I thought it was expected around October.
Yes sadly there are a bunch of people living in third world developing nations the governments of which would charge them import tarrifs on every package being delivered to them from big technology driven nations and thus they managed to majority vote us into no one getting it until next year. :(

Gamestop won't take it, Best Buy won't take it, Australia won't take it, Germany won't take it. Where else can they sell it?
NewEgg, Amazon, Fry's, conventions, Ebay. I am a bit disappointed though as I had held off ordering it hoping to buy it a bit cheaper somewhere down the line used from the likes of GameSlop just as I had done with the first game in the franchise, but alas, my wallet shall be quite lighter than I'd like for it to be.

Another slow month of Vita pick ups for me.  T_____T

EDsvLrx.jpg

The vita has apparently had games decrypted and only a matter of time, until people run any pirated games.

As a person who bought a vita and enjoys it, it kind of pisses me off that all these people get it for free.

People are buying the vita just to pirate. People who never cared for the vita, are now acting like they were here all along. I just hope the amount of people doing this, isn't too much because I don't publishers to stop releasing on vita because piracy.

The vita has apparently had games decrypted and only a matter of time, until people run any pirated games.

As a person who bought a vita and enjoys it, it kind of pisses me off that all these people get it for free.

People are buying the vita just to pirate. People who never cared for the vita, are now acting like they were here all along. I just hope the amount of people doing this, isn't too much because I don't publishers to stop releasing on vita because piracy.
Makes me sad if this is true, but makes me grateful for CEs though. You can't pirate the physical goods like CDs, Artbooks, and figures. Also, you still have to use the Vita memory cards right? Seeing as how you have to download every pirated game and not run it off a cartridge, they might get discouraged from high memory card prices.

I think it will have no major effect, your counting those people as potential sales, the 3ds has been hacked for a long time and it is still chugging along.

Makes me sad if this is true, but makes me grateful for CEs though. You can't pirate the physical goods like CDs, Artbooks, and figures. Also, you still have to use the Vita memory cards right? Seeing as how you have to download every pirated game and not run it off a cartridge, they might get discouraged from high memory card prices.
There is also talk be it very early on an adapter being worked on that uses other types of storage

So Criminal Girls 2 is not going to have a retail release! It is NISA Webstore exclusive for the U.S.A. and VGP exclusive for Canada!
Wish I had known this sooner as I would have budgeted to pre-ordered it, but now word has spread and both the standard and limited edition are sold out! Party Bag Edition ($75) is all that's remaining available through the NISA Webstore and only other purchase option at present moment is to go through VGP for the standard edition. All terribly unexpected, decisions decisions. :wall:

People having been doing the same thing with the 3DS for years now, nothing new. to see here.

At this point, no one was knocking down the door for the Vita, so if the system has been fully "cracked", all it will do is lead to greater hardware sales(and more functionality), but since Sony abandoned this device ages ago, personally I don't see an issue.

Besides GS, there really isn't even a retailer you can walk in and buy the newest games, so if something like this does happen, now is the best time, as most places already count it as "dead" anyway, including it's creators.

Besides GS, there really isn't even a retailer you can walk in and buy the newest games, so if something like this does happen, now is the best time, as most places already count it as "dead" anyway, including it's creators.
This is all true. At the same time, I'm fairly certain that the Vita still does pretty well with on-line retailers, such as Amazon. And of course, there is the sale of digital games on PSN. With the growing importance of such outlets, a lack of support from major physical retailers becomes less and less important.

I'm still holding out hope for Vita verison 2.0. The Vita line represents considerably less risk for Sony to experiment with, as we already saw with the PSTV. They're willing to throw a few things at the wall with the Vita, and see what sticks. I would not be surprised if these experiments haven't quite run their course yet.

While I have a massive physical and digital library for the vita, this news doesn't bother me. If anything it'll provide more people to potentially talk about vita stuff with... and maybe even raise the value of the hardware if demand spikes. As more games actually get played it could raise the value of some of the better games. Shantae, for instance, was a massive hidden gem on GBC that got a lot of love because of people only being able to get it through pirating... the value of a physical complete game skyrocketed. Then the digital version came out on 3DS and ... the price went up even more. I thought cashing out my copy and buying a set of tires was a great deal... but it's worth even more now. Not just because it happens to be rare but because it happens to be a fantastic game that people LOVE. (EDIT: I'm not saying that will definitely happen for any Vita game... but it certainly could happen.)

The other side of the coin is that the memory cards could end up making pirating not something even worth doing for the vita. So it may do nothing good at all for the vita market place.

Vita 2.0 ... Because it makes sense to make a 2.0 of something that failed as a 1.0. Vita is dead guys, Sony has moved on to VR. You already got a slim, be happy with that. The only way anything moves forward with the Vita is if it somehow ties in with their VR strategy as a controller ... Which wouldn't make much sense with the also abandoned Move controllers possibly filling that void.

I say this as a Vita owner since 2012 ... It's dead guys. Unless you love anime weeaboo stuff ... It's dead :p

Just when intelligence started to come back into the thread after the last dumb "vita is dead' post...

Because it's been dead ... tell me one game developed for the western market that hasn't just been brought over from Japan to sell to a niche market ... The same niche market that took over this deals post about a year and a half ago and keeps it on the front page even though there are barely any deals and mostly just announcements for limited edition games that wouldn't sell on the main market. So yes, go ahead and complain ... But the vita is dead and has been for some time.

That doesn't take away its value or potential to do cool things now that it's been hacked (wololo) but yes ... Still dead.

Where did you see this news?

Vita 2.0 ... Because it makes sense to make a 2.0 of something that failed as a 1.0. Vita is dead guys, Sony has moved on to VR. You already got a slim, be happy with that. The only way anything moves forward with the Vita is if it somehow ties in with their VR strategy as a controller ... Which wouldn't make much sense with the also abandoned Move controllers possibly filling that void.

I say this as a Vita owner since 2012 ... It's dead guys. Unless you love anime weeaboo stuff ... It's dead :p
Because it's been dead ... tell me one game developed for the western market that hasn't just been brought over from Japan to sell to a niche market ... The same niche market that took over this deals post about a year and a half ago and keeps it on the front page even though there are barely any deals and mostly just announcements for limited edition games that wouldn't sell on the main market. So yes, go ahead and complain ... But the vita is dead and has been for some time.

That doesn't take away its value or potential to do cool things now that it's been hacked (wololo) but yes ... Still dead.
You're the only one who is complaining. People here are very happy with their Vitas and the games coming out.

Great job on the drive-by retarding though. You guys are always good for a laugh. :D/

I'm not sure I understand. Move was completely dead and they are bringing it back. They are supposedly producing some "PSP Like" device over at Foxcon for Sony. It certainly isn't gaining in market share, so in that sense yes it's dead... but as far as people buying games it's very much alive. It wouldn't be unheard of for them to find a new way to spin the system and release a new version.

Name one game developed for the western market for the Vita it's whole life? How about the 3DS or DS? Most games are developed for the Japanese market or for a more international market to begin with. Even console games are typically made for a more international market and many were developed outside of the USA. Heck GTA V was developed using a branches of Rockstar all over the world. There are plenty of indie games from developers in the western market if that helps... they are just mainly sticking with digital only distribution... which is fine.

Not many games at all anymore are developed with one platform in mind either. The list of exclusives has gotten super small because it's just not very smart business for developers to limit their scope to just one platform (unless they are paid to do so).

I don't believe the vita is dead.

It no longer caters to the mainstream Western market but still successfully caters to the Japanese genre niche market which is obviously what everyone in this thread is interested in.

Every Month multiple physical games are released for the vita, & that must mean it is still worth it for developers to translate games for a profit here, and develop games for jp.

Just because you are not interested in a genre doesn't mean it's dead.

That would mean the 3DS is dead to a : FPS, Call of duty, Destiny, Titan fall type player, because the lack of online fps & surplus of platformers & jrpgs on the 3DS.

However I'm worried the new piracy might end Japanese developers bothering translating new games to the vita in the US now and than eventually stop supporting the system A LOT sooner than expected.

True, 3ds has been hacked for a while now.

Don't you need an actual R4 type cart to run games though?

Main advantage for hacked psp over ds, you didn't need buy anything(assuming you had a memory card)

It won't likely matter anymore, since the vita is slowly dying in the US.

I'm not sure I understand. Move was completely dead and they are bringing it back. They are supposedly producing some "PSP Like" device over at Foxcon for Sony. It certainly isn't gaining in market share, so in that sense yes it's dead... but as far as people buying games it's very much alive. It wouldn't be unheard of for them to find a new way to spin the system and release a new version.

Name one game developed for the western market for the Vita it's whole life? How about the 3DS or DS? Most games are developed for the Japanese market or for a more international market to begin with. Even console games are typically made for a more international market and many were developed outside of the USA. Heck GTA V was developed using a branches of Rockstar all over the world. There are plenty of indie games from developers in the western market if that helps... they are just mainly sticking with digital only distribution... which is fine.

Not many games at all anymore are developed with one platform in mind either. The list of exclusives has gotten super small because it's just not very smart business for developers to limit their scope to just one platform (unless they are paid to do so).
Uncharted.

And yes, people who love Japanese, anime-inspired games are loving their vitas. People who wanted a Bioshock game or hell, even the latest Monster Hunter games, are not. Sony has dropped support for the Vita in the United States, outside of online releases as someone mentioned. The space is gone at Best Buy, Target, and most other major brick and mortar retailers. It's dead.

I'm not looking for a fight, but the people saying the vita has a bright future and has been well supported the last few years are off-base in my opinion. The vita has become a boutique system that caters to a very small but vocal group of gamers. I visit this thread every couple of weeks looking for deals on vita games and it's majority discussion and releases of niche titles. There's nothing wrong with that (outside of CAG being a better deal site a few years ago), but I don't see Sony continuing to support the Vita, let alone release a new system that doesn't have a tie-in with their focus on Project Morpheus or whatever it's called at launch.

There's a reason the vita received no press at E3 for two years straight. In the west, it's a legacy aka dead system. Believe me, as someone who invested in the system and has a bunch of cards, accessories, etc. I would love for it to be otherwise, but Sony dropped support a long time ago and now just releases firmware updates to stop piracy. Luckily the pirates are now winning and I think I'll get more use out of the system now with emulators and such.

It's a beautiful piece of hardware (1001 not the slim) that was never given a proper shot at success. I sold my 3DS and kept my vita because it's better tech. But it's still dead unless you love a certain genre of games. I personally can only stomach about a quarter of what that genre presents. But if you don't live anime-inspired games, your vita journey is pretty much over.

True, 3ds has been hacked for a while now.

Don't you need an actual R4 type cart to run games though?

Main advantage for hacked psp over ds, you didn't need buy anything(assuming you had a memory card)

It won't likely matter anymore, since the vita is slowly dying in the US.
Not for a while there is custom firmware that does all of that like the psp I believe

Uncharted.

I'm not looking for a fight, but the people saying the vita has a bright future and has been well supported the last few years are off-base in my opinion. The vita has become a boutique system that caters to a very small but vocal group of gamers. I visit this thread every couple of weeks looking for deals on vita games and it's majority discussion and releases of niche titles. There's nothing wrong with that (outside of CAG being a better deal site a few years ago), but I don't see Sony continuing to support the Vita, let alone release a new system that doesn't have a tie-in with their focus on Project Morpheus or whatever it's called at launch.
Yeah but Uncharted is not really developed just for NA... it's developed for a world wide audience and the parent company to Naughty Dog is a Japanese company. There really aren't as many people developing anything with just one core market in mind. Maybe the national based sports games... but even a lot of those are released world wide.

About picking a fight, it's kind of a pointless thing to vent your frustrations about a platform in a thread dedicated to the discussion of that platform and possible deals. No one, IMO, can legit say the Vita is thriving right now. I don't think anyone can say that about the 3DS either. The number of physical games getting published for 3DS is smaller than Vita (and I"m not even counting LRG).

So yeah, your complaints about the Vita could be applied to the 3DS with the major difference being that 3DS is still being sold in stores. But the 3DS is also just not getting a lot of new games. It's better than the WiiU is getting IMO... as is the Vita... but it's no where near where the DS was at this point in it's life. Also for console gaming the market is considerably smaller than it was just last gen at this point. It's bad enough that we are getting stop gap upgraded consoles. The market isn't dead... but the variety of stuff to pick from is substantially smaller this gen.

Going back to handhelds... the majority of the games that have come out on them forever has been pretty much Japanese developed games that have been ported over. So arguing genre is kind of a moot point.

Anyway you wanted a game... how about Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero. It's dev'd by an american company for primarily an American audience and it's coming out on Vita next month.

bread's done
Back