PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing off my latest pickups. Some of these are Asian Chinese versions (yes I do read Chinese so that's a big plus). Finished root letter in 2 days since I'm a huge fan of mystery visual novels. But 3out of the 5 endings are like what the ????!!!!!

[attachment=23479:image.jpeg]

That is the best sale price for the 64 gb memory card. It won't go lower, and it won't go on sale often. So if you're interested in the 64 gb memory card, it's best to pick it up now before it goes back up in price.

Showing off my latest pickups. Some of these are Asian Chinese versions (yes I do read Chinese so that's a big plus). Finished root letter in 2 days since I'm a huge fan of mystery visual novels. But 3out of the 5 endings are like what the ????!!!!!
So how is Root Letter?

Had my eye on Airship q. Anyone picking this up for 15 shipped?

Or will it go lower?

The only issue is I need the USA patch which means I will have to update my firmware.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B014IGIHAG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
$15 is the best price for it right now. Can't you update Airship Q without needing to update your firmware?

Okay, I'm picking it up for 15... might as well.  Free shipping too.

so how do I patch without going on PSN?

Isn't there a button on the game page that updates the game for you? 

Idk, I could completely be misunderstanding your statements.

Okay, I'm picking it up for 15... might as well. Free shipping too.

so how do I patch without going on PSN?
I was reading online that you should be able to update the game without going through psn by using the games page. I haven't tried it myself but also don't want to update my firmware.

anyway for someone to confirm before we purchase?  Anyone else know?  I will not buy it unless there's a possible way to circumvent the upgrade.

You can't. Gotta connect online to update any games, and you'll be forced to update the Vita before you can update any games.
Actually you can update this without being logged in. I imported Airship Q for the Vita. Before you start the game you'll see the update icon on the game start page and I wasn't logged in to the PSN when I updated. Same thing happened last night when I played Attack of Titan on the Vita.

So I was doing some research and it looks like Hori makes a stand for the PSTV. Any leads on where I can get one of these shipped to the States for a reasonable price? Can't seem to find one sub $50.

Actually you can update this without being logged in. I imported Airship Q for the Vita. Before you start the game you'll see the update icon on the game start page and I wasn't logged in to the PSN when I updated. Same thing happened last night when I played Attack of Titan on the Vita.
How does the Vita version of AoT run?

How does the Vita version of AoT run?
Well after you get used to the camera it's not bad. Sucks I can't read any of the text but for $15 off Craigslist I can't complain. I want to play the PS4 version so I know what is going on with all menus and upgrades. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game Vig as soon as it drops in price. Did you preorder from Best Buy or you waiting for a price drop?

Well after you get used to the camera it's not bad. Sucks I can't read any of the text but for $15 off Craigslist I can't complain. I want to play the PS4 version so I know what is going on with all menus and upgrades. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game Vig as soon as it drops in price. Did you preorder from Best Buy or you waiting for a price drop?
With Project Diva X arriving tomorrow and Trails of Cold Steel II next week, I wouldn't be able to dedicate much time to AoT, so I'll wait for a price drop to $20.

With Project Diva X arriving tomorrow and Trails of Cold Steel II next week, I wouldn't be able to dedicate much time to AoT, so I'll wait for a price drop to $20.
I got Project Diva X Vita coming tomorrow plus I'm still making my through Dark Souls 3. I'm waiting for a drop too.

anyway for someone to confirm before we purchase? Anyone else know? I will not buy it unless there's a possible way to circumvent the upgrade.
Don't cancel your copy of Airship Q. You can update on the start page without being logged in to the PSN. Worked for me on 2 import games.

Do you need to have a HK PSN account to update?

Thanks!
Nope, I only have a US account and when I put in Airship Q the game installed and then the regular update icon will pop up and your good to go. Also the English patch for this game is great and wish there were more titles that patched in the English language.

So I was doing some research and it looks like Hori makes a stand for the PSTV. Any leads on where I can get one of these shipped to the States for a reasonable price? Can't seem to find one sub $50.
https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaTV/comments/34jpck/feasible_solution_for_a_vertical_stand/

The LEGO idea is brilliant. Redditor included a pic of the few pieces needed to make it. A business card holder like this would likely also work https://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-Business-Holder-Black-22251/dp/B00006IAKZ/ref=lp_490604011_1_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1472501904&sr=1-2

I just wanted to post this deal since I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet.  Gamestop has Corpse Party: Blood Drive Ever After Edition new for only $21.97.  The collection just arrived today, and it looks brand new.  The soundtrack CD is still wrapped in plastic, but the game casing was not.  I also purchased The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us used.  I considered myself fortunate when The Wolf Among Us came with the original case and cover.  The Walking Dead, however, came with the dreaded generic Gamestop black case.  Cheers!

And I used the coupons CAG16 (16% off used games), and SAVER (for free shipping over $25).

[attachment=23484:image.jpg]

Nope, I only have a US account and when I put in Airship Q the game installed and then the regular update icon will pop up and your good to go. Also the English patch for this game is great and wish there were more titles that patched in the English language.
Was referring to this. Did that with Hollow Fragment and Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Force JP ver.

I saw a review on feb on the japanese ver that you had to be really close to the titans for their body to popup on screen, is that true still?

haha lego vita tv holder sounds awesome  but considering how expensive legos are these days it'd probably be cheaper to buy a holder off somewhere.

Why you can only de-link a PlayStation system from the system itself is beyond me. I guess I'll have to contact Sony and ask them to do it, since it's impossible for me.

I also can't buy Shiren right now; I want to use a digital gift card from eBay, but the link with the card info isn't working.

I'vebbeen keeping an eye out for my system/game at stores and pawn shops, but there's not a whole lot I can do if it does show up other than just buy it.

Why you can only de-link a PlayStation system from the system itself is beyond me. I guess I'll have to contact Sony and ask them to do it, since it's impossible for me.
You can deactivate all of them through media and devices tab of account management on the website, you will then have to go through and relink all your devices again though.

That Lego stand uses pretty common parts.  Maybe a couple of bucks to build it if you had to Bricklink it all.  But you don't have to build the same exact stand.  That is beauty of Lego, build something that works with what you have.

I dug out a Nintendo Wii U cradle just now that works perfectly.  It's the one on the bottom.  As long as it's vertical, it'll stay on it, tried horizontal but the HDMI cable and power cable caused it to fall off.

41gN59hv3kL._SX385_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Wii-GamePad-Stand-Cradle-Nintendo-U/dp/B009AFLXTS

Love this idea and I think I'll be building one myself. Here are the parts based off the picture that was provided:

Flat Tile 2X2 - 2
Flat Tile 1X4 - 2
Flat Tile 1X8 - 2
Brick 2X4 - 2
Seat 2X2X2 - 2
Plate 6X8 - 1

Total for all bricks $2.85 plus $4.95 shipping for a grand total of $7.80 from the shop.lego.com pick-a-brick section.

I was at Walmart looking over the clearance section, when I spotted a VITA 16gb memory card for 10$. They only had one at my store, with a clearance sticker that said 19$, but when it got rung up on the register it was 10$. As with all store clearance deal's, YMMV.

I was at Walmart looking over the clearance section when I spotted a VITA 16gb memory card for 10$. They only had one at my store with a clearance sticker that said 19$ but when it got rung up on the register it was 10$. As with all store clearance deal's YMMV.
Lucky been looking for one for weeks

So God Eater 2 is out and I'm wondering if the U.S. Digital Copy for Vita will also include Ressurection. If anybody knows, I'll really appreciate an answer!

haha lego vita tv holder sounds awesome but considering how expensive legos are these days it'd probably be cheaper to buy a holder off somewhere.
An extra large black binder clip (or two) works well. You can even use the pincher bits as extra support legs (if it seems unstable) or remove them completely and it works well and it looks nice. I tried one with an odd shaped much heavier external harddrive (laptop sized) and it worked like a champ even with the weight off center and removing pincher parts . My kids have legos that they don't play with, but I'd still just use a large size binder clip if I wanted to mount my pstv vertically as the clip really holds the PSTV and becomes almost a part of it. Nicely too because of the pincher bits having loops it can double as a wall mount with a tack, small nail or one of those easy release command strip hooks (which those things could even be used on the back of a tv/monitor).

Anyway if you have access to the large sized binder clips already, give them a try before actually spending any money on legos.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X is out today... reminding us that Sega still exists to some extent.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (9/20)
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice: Special Edition (9/9)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (11/15)
(LRG Mystery Title) (9/30)
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (9/13)
Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics (9/16)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (8/30)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (9/13)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Root Letter (10/28)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (9/27)
Shovel Knight (October)
Steins;Gate 0 (9/27)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (9/6)
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (9/20)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)

- 2017 -
Akiba's Beat (1st Quarter)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (February)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bread's done
Back