PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen many copies like that around me. Still searching for a complete copy until this day.

I simply refuse to let Gamestop cases pollute my Vita stack.
I bought a few like that for my nephews, only because at the end of the day they're not collector's. Otherwise I presently have two in my collection and look forward to the day when I can replace them with originals.

Finally giving in and buying a ps vita. Where can I find a new one for a decent price
Good luck. Finding a "new" system has become quite the chore. Readily available in and from Japan and southeast Asia, but in North America they've about become non-existent.

Don't know if I want to get Ys Memories in a GameStop case -.-
You don't..

I have seen many copies like that around me. Still searching for a complete copy until this day.

I simply refuse to let Gamestop cases pollute my Vita stack.
I was about to say go eBay it, but after some searching it seems a complete NA copy is difficult to find even on flipBay. Hmm. Glad I found a complete copy on there while it was still easy enough.

Don't know if I want to get Ys Memories in a GameStop case -.-
I was going to suggest going to XSEED's online store and grabbing Ys there new/sealed (because I was going to do the same thing).

However, looks like they've recently sold out of it. I'd been watching there for a good while...the price was right also ($20). I guess we both lose out on that one.

There is still a lot of neat stuff on the site store, like all the little extras that came with the Memories of Celceta Silver Edition, sold separately (art/guide book, 3 cd soundtrack, compas, cloth map...no outer box unfortunately).

I guess I'll have to get lucky finding it complete too.

what ever is best
I personally recommend the Slim(2000), and I would also recommend importing one, as there are better options color wise that way. If price is a HUGE factor, search Ebay as I think that is the only place to find one currently at decent pricing for the US models.

what ever is best
1000 model:

More vibrant OLED screen

Proprietary charge cable

2000 model:

LCD screen

Standard micro USB charge cable

Lighter

Longer battery life

Onboard 1GB memory for saves

I would say the 1000 model looks and feels more expensive too.

So, it's really all a matter of personal preference.

After owning both, I stuck with the 2000 model.

I'm an owner of an original, but even I think the Slim is the likely way to go. Better battery life, lighter console, plug for charging isn't Sony one and maybe a worse screen, though I've had problems with very dark areas on the OLED. The time to buy seems like now as it's getting pretty hard to find in NA me thinks, though I would probably recommend the import 2000 to get a really cool color. I would want the pink one honestly....maybe someday. I got my original used from Cowboom way back when on sale....so whatever works honestly!

I was going to suggest going to XSEED's online store and grabbing Ys there new/sealed (because I was going to do the same thing).
However, looks like they've recently sold out of it. I'd been watching there for a good while...the price was right also ($20). I guess we both lose out on that one.
There is still a lot of neat stuff on the site store, like all the little extras that came with the Memories of Celceta Silver Edition, sold separately (art/guide book, 3 cd soundtrack, compas, cloth map...no outer box unfortunately).
I guess I'll have to get lucky finding it complete too.
Was more looking to get it used from GS from the Cyber Monday coupons. Gotta burn this $155 before January 1

Was more looking to get it used from GS from the Cyber Monday coupons. Gotta burn this $155 before January 1
I totally understand that too. Just burned my Cyber Monday coupon on the only used Pokémon Moon in 60 miles around me. Good luck hunting Ys down!

You guys are making it more difficult to choose.
Ultimately, just do a search online for the 1000 vs. 2000, as there is no shortage of that discussion, especially over at Gamefaqs.

The OLED is awesome, and I don't think you'll find many to debate that matter, but everything else is pretty much better on the 2000. I would only recommend the 1000 to someone if they have HUGE hands, and the slim is just to small for them, otherwise the 2000 has better colors to choose from, and just a more well thought out device.

From the first time I held the 1000, it felt heavy and clunky to me, and while I liked it, it was never a WOW from me. Once I held the slim, and saw the improvements, then I felt that WOW, that was never there with the 1000. The slim LCD is lesser than the OLED, but is an excellent screen on its own, and nothing bad by any means.

everything else is pretty much better on the 2000.

otherwise the 2000 has better colors to choose from, and just a more well thought out device.

Once I held the slim, and saw the improvements, then I felt that WOW, that was never there with the 1000.
I keep reading these vague praise posts from various members here advocating the 2000 over the 1000 and I'm still wondering what are these things that the 2000 does better.

What could possibly be more important than having the best graphics? The 2000 is lighter, it comes in colors, I get that. But objectively, in what ways are the 2000s better? Because I still haven't heard any reasons, besides maybe battery life.

I keep reading these vague praise posts from various members here advocating the 2000 over the 1000 and I'm still wondering what are these things that the 2000 does better.

What could possibly be more important than having the best graphics? The 2000 is lighter, it comes in colors, I get that. But objectively, in what ways are the 2000s better? Because I still haven't heard any reasons, besides maybe battery life.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-playstation-vita-pch-2000-review

Google is your friend.

There's 1gb of internal storage that's useless as soon as you pop a memory card into it and uhh, no, it's pretty much just buyers remorse speaking after that. Maybe you could argue that the smaler flimsy plastic build quality feels better to people with smaller hands, but that of course would not fall under objectivity. The biggest advantage would be the difference of cost between new models, but considering a new slim is around $200 nowadays and a new OLED isn't much more than that, it's hardly relevant nowadays.

And here is where you can see where personal preference comes to play. I think people are being blind to the features that they don't care about. But other people care about different things.

If you want the best most vibrant screen, grab the 1000.

Things to consider (on the 2000):

1GB onboard memory is a good gateway to get you started. It's just enough for save files, nothing more. But it'll get you by until you can afford a big expensive proprietary memory card.  You can still inconveniently use that 1GB after getting a memory card by unplugging the card.

Standard micro USB charge cable is oddly enough my main reason for staying with the 2000, this is personal preference. I personally don't like to have many different charge cables for various devices. I like one micro USB in the car and one in each room of the house to conveniently charge anything from PS4, X1, our phones, Vita and more. (Of course next gen phones will change this, lol, but it's still one less charge cable type)

Then lighter weight and longer battery life is important for some people for various reasons, if you play for long sessions, it's obviously more comfortable to play on a lighter weight system and lasts longer.

But none of that matters if you only want the best of the best screen.

Which is exactly what I was getting at.  The 2000 isn't objectively any better than the 1000 besides 1) longer battery life and  2) 1GB of onboard storage.  Whereas the 1000 has a better OLED display.

Anything besides that is just simply personal preference. 

Honestly I think the weight of the system is somewhat of an issue on the original. It just feels heavy and I had to put down the system a lot during my Criminal Girls 2 marathon sessions. Really bulky. 

Which is exactly what I was getting at. The 2000 isn't objectively any better than the 1000 besides 1) longer battery life and 2) 1GB of onboard storage. Whereas the 1000 has a better OLED display.

Anything besides that is just simply personal preference.
Technically, the same could be said of the screen. Most find the OLED better, but some prefer the softer image of the LCD, so once again, it is ALL personal preference in regards to what you may or may not like or want. So I'm not really sure what your wanting past what has already been stated.

The LCD is exceptionally good in the 2000.  The OLED may be even better but by no means is the LCD in the 2000 some kind of compromise.  It's quite beautiful... and on par with pretty much all the top end LCD's in phones today.

The OLED screen also has a few issues that can happen like uneven lighting and an effect where splotches appear on really dark games (especially loading screens).

But honestly my main reason for getting the 2000 over the 1000 was a combo of better battery life (it is a handheld and it's great having a system where i don't have to be so close to a charger like I have had to do with my 3DS) and the charging port being a standard one which makes getting additional cables super easy (I had many already thus not having to spend anything).

What I would have had to do if I got the OLD model was to turn the brightness down to extend that short battery life which would have made the image quality not any better than the LCD.  I knew that would be a major issue for me because I want my portable systems to be super  portable.  I hate having to carry a 3DS charger with me any time I take the system out of the house or even go sit on the couch.  It's bad enough with my 3DS I have to turn on power saving mode, turn off wifi, and turn down the brightness.  It's like they put in all these advancements but then cripple you on battery power.   VIta 2000 though is the best of the best as a handheld system.

Still, any Vita (OLED, LCD, or PSTV) is better than no vita.  So get whatever the best deal is unless battery life is an important issue to you.

Got tired of holding the vita one handed? o_O
Yes i did many times....those darn mini games...a lot you had to hold the Vita in one hand up and down position while doing stuff with your other hand. I earned that gold trophy I believe for maxing everyone out *flexes muscle* haha.

Also to note that the 1000 model is 2 years older than any used 2000 model?

It's been used a lot more, battery is older and may not hold a charge as much. More wear and tear, less potential lifespan?

Team 2000 over here. Will pickup a double backup 1000 in the future tho.

The OLED screen also has a few issues that can happen like uneven lighting and an effect where splotches appear on really dark games (especially loading screens).
Yeah the splotches are the reason I'd go for a 2000. They tend to be really annoying and can show up during gameplay depending on the severity of the effect. Some people get lucky where their splotches aren't bad enough to show up in games, but it's common for them to be noticeable.

I know the dark rooms in Binding of Isaac Rebirth Vita on my Vita 1000 were very hard to see. Really made it hard to get the no damage trophies. Also the slowdown....but that's from the port...not the Vita itself.

Yeah the splotches are the reason I'd go for a 2000. They tend to be really annoying and can show up during gameplay depending on the severity of the effect. Some people get lucky where their splotches aren't bad enough to show up in games, but it's common for them to be noticeable.
I had the splotches on my 1000, but I could only ever see them in a dark room, and when the screen was all black, I never did see any during normal scenes.

I got the slim mostly for the lighter weight, slimmer profile, better battery, and they moved that god awful light from the front to the top, that was annoying as hell.

Went to a GameStop today for the first time in god knows how long. Found a complete copy of Ragnarok Odyssey for $5. It had the original artwork, an insert and some weird card looking things. Don't think I'll get to play it any time soon but glad to add it to my collection especially for that low price

Looks like my nearest Wally World decided to try and clear out the back room.  They set up everything on a couple of tables in front of electronics with a huge lot of games.  Most games were marked as $10 but a few were $15.  Lucky me found a couple of vita games that disappeared from the store months ago.  I was able to nabbed,

Dungeon Hunters Alliance

Rayman Origins

Terraria

All for $10 each.  I say without much of a doubt this is extremely YMMV.  As I say it looks like there just trying to clear this stuff out of the back room.

Went to a GameStop today for the first time in god knows how long. Found a complete copy of Ragnarok Odyssey for $5. It had the original artwork, an insert and some weird card looking things. Don't think I'll get to play it any time soon but glad to add it to my collection especially for that low price
Congrats on that complete Ragnarok! There's been a game only copy near me that I've been considering but it would ruin my collection.

Should I pick up Steins Gate 0 now? Any reviews?  I have such a huge backlog with FFVX .... I won't play for a long time... maybe a cheaper price will show up.

Looks like my nearest Wally World decided to try and clear out the back room. They set up everything on a couple of tables in front of electronics with a huge lot of games. Most games were marked as $10 but a few were $15. Lucky me found a couple of vita games that disappeared from the store months ago. I was able to nabbed,

Dungeon Hunters Alliance
Rayman Origins
Terraria

All for $10 each. I say without much of a doubt this is extremely YMMV. As I say it looks like there just trying to clear this stuff out of the back room.
Do you have the DCPI numbers on those three games? I'd like to check Brickseek to see if those still exist in my area. Thanks.

Should I pick up Steins Gate 0 now? Any reviews? I have such a huge backlog with FFVX .... I won't play for a long time... maybe a cheaper price will show up.
get it. now. Like I said in the collector's thread, FFXV is ranked way low in my play list.

okay... I'll pick it up.
Don't forget Pqube games are pretty much only on Amazon for NA and also Videogamesplus for Canada and to USA if you wanted. I have noticed they do dip in price a bit...so it may be worth waiting. I can't guarantee it will be $20 on the Vita like the original was a year or two ago, but it could go lower. Unless you want it for when you're ready to play....just wait a bit, unless you really want that Amazon Prime 20% off (not sure if it's still in effect).

should have bought Ace, I bought it monthsss ago used and was inside a paper case for the non ace version, the employee saw that but gave it to me anyways, that was a nice score for me.

bread's done
Back