PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that may be a problem then, but if anyone could get a custom larger cart size made, it would be Square. But until this rumor is confirmed true, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
that isnt true, 4 was the norm but sony finally allowed companies to release games on their 8gb carts lifting the restriction a couple of years ago, only know because xseed was talking about the first to do so over here with either akibas or a senran game using the 8gb cart

Yea lets pay over $200 for a 3rd party item...yea no.

Also, Salt and Sanctuary.  LOL Kind of late.  they took too long and most people give no shits anymore.

Also, Salt and Sanctuary. LOL Kind of late. they took too long and most people give no shits anymore.
It is/was planned to be released in Q4 of this year which isn't over yet. Besides even if it is delayed, since when did anyone in this thread not care about any Vita game releases? I did step away for a few days....

Also, Salt and Sanctuary. LOL Kind of late. they took too long and most people give no shits anymore.
Yeah, but it's a good game and is one that is supposedly coming to physicial form through LRG. It's one of the rare cases where I plan to buy both the Vita and PS4 versions.

that isnt true, 4 was the norm but sony finally allowed companies to release games on their 8gb carts lifting the restriction a couple of years ago, only know because xseed was talking about the first to do so over here with either akibas or a senran game using the 8gb cart
I wish that was true cuz we would've gotten a physical version of Root Double since it couldn't fit on the 4gb cart.

No way. If that was the case the PC versions of FF7 and FF8 would be much smaller, due to the install disk that would have theoretically installed the shared resources. But no, those are still 3 GBs.

And cutscenes? They were done with Bink video. Unless they have all the original sources, they're not going to get a smaller size for the remaster. And even if it was more efficient, they're going to have to go from 480i to at least 960x544, which is a 3.4x increase in size.

It's not possible.
Knowing SE, if they did this. It'd be downloads and it would be a mediocre release anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uv9SOcjuBc

Deku
Neat, but feels pointless since it is using 720p. which just means more and more upscaling. (Think of all the sub native PSVita games)

Feels like it has more use for the PS3. Since it uses a true native 720p display. Also for PS1 emulation thanks to 240p>720p 3x scaling.

Never mind, I take it back. It uses a 1024x600 screen. USELESS.

It is/was planned to be released in Q4 of this year which isn't over yet. Besides even if it is delayed, since when did anyone in this thread not care about any Vita game releases? I did step away for a few days....
I just meant in general. They took too long with that game...though it is pretty good.

I just meant in general. They took too long with that game...though it is pretty good.
I agree that it is taking too long. I have been waiting for that and Va-ha11-a to release this year and it looks like neither will. Although after playing Va-hall-a on the PC a bit, I can wait on that.

2017 may be the last year for the vita...but it'll be one hell of a last year. Two great Rpgs are expected for release in the west - Y's 8 and SaGa scarlet grace. Let me name a few more

Zero escape the nonary games

13 sentinels

Caligula (digital only :(  )

Tokyo Xanadu

Summon Knight 6

Toukiden 2

Uppers

(Maybe that FF compilation???)

This is a pretty decent lineup for 2017. Only bad thing is news on these releases has been kind of slow. If anybody has any news on western releases of these games please share. I've been using gematsu but there hasn't been updates on these game for months on that site.

Thirteen days remaining, and only $37,000 left to go to reach the Vita stretch goal!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project

Vita_Physical_revised.png

And since this subject has been brought up....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (December)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (12/16)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (12/20)

- 2017 -
A Rose in the Twilight (2nd Quarter)
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea: Limited Edition (1/17)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (1/10)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
God Wars: Future Past (TBA)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (Mid-Year)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (2nd Quarter)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (January)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have some codes I couldn't give away in my "home" forum. May be expired, may not be. Definitely unused though.

Sly Cooper Thieves of Time

QL9H-KFN6-RJ58

Lego Movie

HPBA-MNN6-95NT

59TG-HFNB-G8E6

NHBN-2DNC-N3T4

It's just too damn bad they didn't have this in place from the start.
Agreed, and I think if they promoted it better now, they may reach the goal, but as it is, I don't see it happening, and I won't pledge otherwise. If they went ahead and added the Vita, I think they could reach it, especially with LRG helping to advertise it.

Does that mean it will get a normal LRG release or will it only be available via the Kickstarter?
If the stretch goal isn't reached, the Vita port isn't happening, so there will be nothing for LRG to release without the port happening. Now if the goal is reached, maybe they would offer the game as they normally would, but as it sits, you can't put one in front of the other.

Has LRG released any games with explicit hentai scenes? I wonder how much they really know about this game.
It doesn't matter, as LRG doesn't sale these games at retail, and technically their entire buying audience should be over 18+ anyways. I don't see the content being an issue.

It doesn't matter, as LRG doesn't sale these games at retail, and technically their entire buying audience should be over 18+ anyways. I don't see the content being an issue.
It may actually matter to the owners. There are some people (and LRG is in super ultra North Carolina) that wouldn't publish games like this based on their own values.

I should probably just ask in the LRG thread.

It may actually matter to the owners. There are some people (and LRG is in super ultra North Carolina) that wouldn't publish games like this based on their own values.

I should probably just ask in the LRG thread.
It's going to be the All Ages Version. Just so you know.

Has LRG released any games with explicit hentai scenes? I wonder how much they really know about this game.
I'd imagine it would be the censored version, which is still pretty explicit I suppose. Although, if LRG published anything uncensored on Vita they would be my heroes.

Anyway, I couldn't back this project without knowing there would for sure be a Vita release. I have no desire for a PC version.

Even without ESRB, there is no chance of Sony allowing hentai on the system.

Hentai games don't get released outside of PC. When a game featuring hentai scenes gets ported to consoles, the hentai is removed. It doesn't matter what the ratings boards say. They could just give it an adults only or whatever the Japanese equivalent is. The console makers themselves don't allow the hentai. It's bad for their reputation.

I am very VERY leary of kickstarter as I have been burned by the few things i have backed.  So lets pretend they will meet the vita goal before it ends, I have to ask, what would be the most inexpensive way to get a physical vita copy?  I cant really make sense of it.  

I am very VERY leary of kickstarter as I have been burned by the few things i have backed. So lets pretend they will meet the vita goal before it ends, I have to ask, what would be the most inexpensive way to get a physical vita copy? I cant really make sense of it.
There should be a release through LRG as well, but as they've noted previously, the Kickstarter is the only place to get the LE version of the game.

And you should be weary of this kickstarter since this one is a relaunch anyways, so this relaunch was more of an opportunity to get the PC funded, and they sort of just used the Vita as a bait to really push through funding the steam version, and sort of relaxed the emphasis on the Vita side as the project went on. Just look at how late this news of LRG came out during this process.

There's sort of been a few mistakes along the way on this relaunch too, as they've had very limited numbers that they allowed for the lower tier backing options that were popular. It's surprising how they capped the limit of those backing options at such a low quantity, and now they've removed most of them, and only the pricier options are left.

I was burned from this last time. and this time, it's more or less still the same type of garbage, so just going for a believe it when I see it attitude this time around, as it's more or less the same, but this time they were able to meet the PC backing by baiting people into believing the possibility of the Vita is real this time.

As I've noted before, I'm conflicted, partly because of the way they did it this time around with the backing options, but partly from previous experiences. Meh.

Anyways, ranting too much, least expensive way is probably through LRG directly when they have it for sale after it gets funded.

It never actually had a date that was set since the first push back, but now it's set for the 20th announced earlier today.
Oddly enough, my order from Amazon was shipped already, it says it'll be delivered on the 12th. I guess they shipped it before the release date was announced.

Oddly enough, my order from Amazon was shipped already, it says it'll be delivered on the 12th. I guess they shipped it before the release date was announced.
And then someone gave me hope again! Just checked and my expected shipped date is Tuesday ("expected").

I still haven't got anything on my order. :eek:

But yeah, according to their own Kickstarter, they said the release date is the 20th, so not sure if Amazon just did a no-no, or it's not a hard street date.

In any case, you lucky bastard! XD

bread's done
Back