PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition usually come sealed? For some unknown reason I ordered it from GS online and it arrived today unsealed and with scratches all over the box.

Can I return to a local store if I purchased online?
My PS3 TOCS LE and TOCS2 both came gutted with a sticker reseal. I thought about returning them, but I'll keep them. My rationale:

• If Gamestop is shipping them from stores (gutted = from a store), they're OOS at the central hub
  • Can't find them for that price NIB anywhere else
  • Looking at Ebay, $29.99 looks like a decent price even for used ones
Vita TOCS is still $29.99 new at Amazon for Prime members, though.

My PS3 TOCS LE and TOCS2 both came gutted with a sticker reseal. I thought about returning them, but I'll keep them. My rationale:

• If Gamestop is shipping them from stores (gutted = from a store), they're OOS at the central hub
amazon price matched gamestop for all 6 copies of the games note so if they are still in stock you could just go that route.

It's showing temporarily OOS at Amazon. I placed an order anyway - hopefully it will go back in stock.

Great googly moogly, anyone seen what the US Ar Nosurge collectors edition is starting to go for?

There were 2 sold in the last few weeks for $250-300.

It absolutely blows my mind what some of these Vita games are going for these days.

Great googly moogly, anyone seen what the US Ar Nosurge collectors edition is starting to go for?

It absolutely blows my mind what some of these Vita games are going for these days.
Speaking of high priced Vita games, there's an ESRB version used copy of Epic Mickey 2 that's at $250 right now on eBay, with two days to go. [emoji47]

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
NAtURAL DOCtRINE
Trillion: God of Destruction
Devil survivor 1 and 2
I believe the fire emblem games are as well

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

Speaking of high priced Vita games, there's an ESRB version used copy of Epic Mickey 2 that's at $250 right now on eBay, with two days to go. [emoji47]
There's actually two listed right now, and the other is above $200 as well. I've been watching both for most of the week, but they are out of my range at this point.

There's actually two listed right now, and the other is above $200 as well. I've been watching both for most of the week, but they are out of my range at this point.
I own a copy of Epic Mickey 2 ESRB, another one I just received tracking information for (A used copy of the complete vita bundle) and a third being shipped today or tomorrow that is a SEALED vita bundle.

From my understanding the game was not released stand-alone, only as part of said Vita bundle. If an open one is going for $200+, I wonder how much a sealed Vita bundle would go for o_O . I plan on keeping it as a collectors piece, but damn.

Guess I'll be selling mine. This was the only retail release for this game, right? That's why it is so high?

I own a copy of Epic Mickey 2 ESRB, another one I just received tracking information for (A used copy of the complete vita bundle) and a third being shipped today or tomorrow that is a SEALED vita bundle.

From my understanding the game was not released stand-alone, only as part of said Vita bundle. If an open one is going for $200+, I wonder how much a sealed Vita bundle would go for o_O . I plan on keeping it as a collectors piece, but damn.
Not only that, it was only released as part of a bundle only available in Mexico of all places.

So yeah, pretty much hard to come by. :D

Guess I'll be selling mine. This was the only retail release for this game, right? That's why it is so high?
Yep.

Just as Escha & Logy is also crazy expensive, these were only released in the LE sets retail through NISA, so no other versions were made available retail for NA.

Not only that, it was only released as part of a bundle only available in Mexico of all places.

Yep.

Just as Escha & Logy is also crazy expensive, these were only released in the LE sets retail through NISA, so no other versions were made available retail for NA.
Are those the only two like that? What else has NIS released where a CE was the only way to get a retail copy? Anything coming up?

Yep.

If it's not in your collection, it doesn't exist... So does it?

Are those the only two like that? What else has NIS released where a CE was the only way to get a retail copy? Anything coming up?
Shallie, which just came out, is also like that. They just restocked, so if you were thinking about getting one, might want to do it now. A Rose in the Twilight is also NISA exclusive retail, so maybe bundle that together for free shipping. ;D

If it's not in your collection, it doesn't exist... So does it?
Nope, it's black magic! Witch craft!

Got my Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition from Bull Moose. Good thing the box is sturdy cardboard b/c it was shipped in a bubble mailer. I don't know if that's typical for them, but it makes me hesitant to order a CE/LE from them again.

Are there counterfeit Vita games? Picked up a Asian copy of FFX2 and just curious b/c the plastic wrap feels like it's much thicker/better fitting than what I see with US releases... it has the 'PS' logo on it too.

Got my Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition from Bull Moose. Good thing the box is sturdy cardboard b/c it was shipped in a bubble mailer. I don't know if that's typical for them, but it makes me hesitant to order a CE/LE from them again.
I ordered the PS3 version (already had the Vita version, will likely play on PS3) and that also came in a bubble mailer. No damage though.

Are there counterfeit Vita games? Picked up a Asian copy of FFX2 and just curious b/c the plastic wrap feels like it's much thicker/better fitting than what I see with US releases... it has the 'PS' logo on it too.

I ordered the PS3 version (already had the Vita version, will likely play on PS3) and that also came in a bubble mailer. No damage though.
That's how it typically is for Asian copies.

They use a different type of seal, and the way to tell if it's officially sealed by the strip that has the words "Playstation" written across it.

It's basically to guarantee that there is no way to wiggle around the unsealing, and reselling it as such.

Most copies that are meant to be resell stock will not have the shrink wrap on the very bottom of the case, because the official strip has already been removed, so if you run across those, that's what those are.

I wouldn't say it's thicker though, but it's just sealed much tighter, so you can't really unseal it without actually breaking the seal. The NA ones aren't sealed nearly as tight, so feels like the plastic isn't as solid, but it's the same.

Although, not exactly sure what you mean by "PS" logo on it. Were you talking about the strip, or something else? Or do you mean the label in the bottom left corner of the cover.

Although, not exactly sure what you mean by "PS" logo on it. Were you talking about the strip, or something else? Or do you mean the label in the bottom left corner of the cover.
Yeah, I meant the strip. Alright cool then. Paid $45, seemed like a pretty crazy price for a new copy so I wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

So I took my "new" unsealed copy of Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition to the local GS to return.

Only problem was the game apparently came not only unsealed but...Without a game.

Didn't even think to check for that...

I'm lucky, as my closest GS never guts their LE games. At least none I've ever wanted to buy. So they are to lazy, to busy, or just don't give a flying fuck to follow corporate and their dopey ass rules! LOL

For these Kickstarter campaigns that are promising Vita versions, both digital and physical, like Sharin No Kuni and Plague Road, would you assume that the digital version will be available for sale from PSN later?

In the Backerkits, they seem to be asking more than I would normally pay for digital, so I'm debating if I should wait for an inevitable sale some time down the road.

L0n8XEM.png

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/games/psvita/buy

this game is getting pricey, $20 is a great deal!

i assume they don't have a bunch in stock so buy ASAP

EDIT: andddd it's gone! better luck next time

let me know if they come with the goodies. if it does, i;ll buy it.

EDIT: nvm. i got confused with the other senran game
No, you were right, this one also came out as the LE bundled with all the stuff, but as previously mentioned, even the game itself now is rare, so finding the whole set will be even harder.

But the important part of this is that, you were right. ;D

That was an amazing deal. Gamefly keeps all of the LE content as well, I would assume? I know they are really good about original boxes/manuals, etc, and obviously in mint condition since they don't send that material out.
no idea, i was about to post the same thing!

what does gamefly do with games that are LEs only?

That was an amazing deal. Gamefly keeps all of the LE content as well, I would assume? I know they are really good about original boxes/manuals, etc, and obviously in mint condition since they don't send that material out.
no idea, i was about to post the same thing!

what does gamefly do with games that are LEs only?
That's what they've been accustomed to doing, so it should arrive with everything included.

However, the extras aren't in as pristine condition as they used to be back in the day. It feels nowadays they've kind of cared less and less about the way they store the extras, and if it gets damaged or not. It sort of feels like they've phoned it in on the whole, "Like New" selling point of purchasing games from them.

I mean, even if it's a little scuffed, it's still a hell of a deal though if you do get it complete, which hopefully they do arrive that way, unless they've lost the extras somehow for some of the sets, which could happen.

That's what they've been accustomed to doing, so it should arrive with everything included.

However, the extras aren't in as pristine condition as they used to be back in the day. It feels nowadays they've kind of cared less and less about the way they store the extras, and if it gets damaged or not. It sort of feels like they've phoned it in on the whole, "Like New" selling point of purchasing games from them.

I mean, even if it's a little scuffed, it's still a hell of a deal though if you do get it complete, which hopefully they do arrive that way, unless they've lost the extras somehow for some of the sets, which could happen.
Good to know, it's been a while since I've ordered from them.

signing up for gamefly (or a gamefly trial), then renting shinovi versus, then selecting keep for $20 maybe a way to get shinovi versus (LE?) for $20ish still

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Senran-Kagura-Shinovi-Versus/5008247

i dunno if this works because ive never used the actual gamefly service but i believe that's how keep works, so buyer beware.

i was able to order it when it was up for $20 so i'll report in later.

I posted here today in the early afternoon, and now that post is gone... are we not allowed to post links to Ebay auctions?

signing up for gamefly (or a gamefly trial), then renting shinovi versus, then selecting keep for $20 maybe a way to get shinovi versus (LE?) for $20ish still

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Senran-Kagura-Shinovi-Versus/5008247

i dunno if this works because ive never used the actual gamefly service but i believe that's how keep works, so buyer beware.

i was able to order it when it was up for $20 so i'll report in later.
so $20ish for a copy of Shinovi Versus? I hope you receive the case with artwork, at a minimum. Please report back!

I got Terraria for $9 last night, and have heard some store have Minecraft for $5. (Walmart $15 bin YMMV thread)

Yeah I grabbed Terraria sometime last month for $10 along with Rayman Origins & Dungeon Hunters Alliance. The Minecraft is a digital voucher in a case, so I'm passing on that one. Sadly this marks the end of me finding cheap vita games at local walmarts as all that's left is either old sport games or ones I already have.

Just remember Minecraft is just a voucher in a box for the vita version.
I picked up a $5 copy of NA Minecraft AND the European release. This way I get the ESRB box and a digital version of the game, plus a physical copy. And now I can play co-op with my wife. (Yes, European version is compatible with the NA version)

LRG Sale day has come once again... with the previous game still not having been mailed out to me yet. :whistle2:&

Anyone else order Curses 'N Chaos and/or The Swapper?

LRG Sale day has come once again... with the previous game still not having been mailed out to me yet. :whistle2:&

Anyone else order Curses 'N Chaos and/or The Swapper?
I ordered both. Just got shipping info on last weeks 2 that i bought (oxenfree and aqua kitty) so there is hope for you. And i grabbed a lionheart CE with everything used at gamestop store. I wont order from them online for anything used ever.

For those who don't follow the LRG thread, DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours Vita possibility is now in discussion too.

Hoping this will not exceed the $40 price of the digital release, since the PS4 version is the same price as the digital for its platform.

bread's done
Back