PS1 Custom DVD Cover Art - Calling all artistic CAGers!

Hey, im new here but just wanted to say i love these covers

i made some myself, although im not very good at it, feel free to edit them or bash them, i uploaded the hires'es to snackbar's site

Street Fighter Collection
StreetFighterCollectionSmall.jpg

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
SuperPuzzleFighter2TurboSmall.jpg

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
JackieChanStuntmasterSmall.jpg

Evil Zone
EvilZoneSmall.jpg

im working on these

Star Wars Masters of Tera Kasi
Street Fighter The Movie
Rapid Reload (Gunner's Heaven)
Spawn The Eternal
Rival Schools
King Of Fighters '95

[media]http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/6355/parappabce4.jpg[/media]

[media]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5862/lammyfinalbmp0.jpg[/media]

Two of the best music games ever. And I will most likely not upload the hi-resolutions to Snackbar until I'm aboslutely sure I'm done with them.

[quote name='AkumuHau']Hey, im new here but just wanted to say i love these covers

i made some myself, although im not very good at it, feel free to edit them or bash them
[/QUOTE]

hey, we all gotta start somewhere. My first attempts aren't much better. Out of the ones you've posted though, I'll definitely be making a new Evil Zone cover in my style.

But first, here's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

[media]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1135/jojobetaboa8.jpg[/media]

[quote name='Scorch']How about some love for Parasite Eve 1 and 2?[/quote]

And is anyone sellin'? I want these on the same material that Sony uses or something similar.

[quote name='AkumuHau']i love that Jojo cover

is that the Hi-res one or just a preview?[/QUOTE]

they're all previews. PM me your email address if you want the hi-rez.

[quote name='AkumuHau']how long does it usually take before the covers show up on the snackbar list?[/QUOTE]

it usually gets updated whenever the admin feels like it, pretty much.

yeah the owner has an actually job and does it when he has free time. when you upload it though you can still access it just not through the little interface thing.

I've been kinda working on Evil Zone.

[media]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4228/evilzonebetabfg0.jpg[/media]

Here's what I have so far...I'm really not too happy with it for a few reasons, so it's definitely not the final version..

that's damn nice compared to mine, did you scan the american cover yourself? i only have the euro, seeing im norwegian

[quote name='AkumuHau'] did you scan the american cover yourself? [/QUOTE]

yep

and here's the revised:

[media]http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6382/evilzonebetabfi0.jpg[/media]

I think this'll be the final until I find anything else I want to change.

[quote name='cyrix`']the spine art is isnt as wide as the playstation part on the spine.[/QUOTE]

That's the case for a lot of PS2 games. The logo thing kinda overlaps it and shows on the front a bit. Or maybe only the ones I have. I dunno.

lot1fe1.jpg

All the spines. Top 3 are PS2 games for comparison.

lot2kh2.jpg

Parappa and PS2 game for comparison

lot3eg5.jpg

Dino Crisis and Um Jammer Lammy

lot4iz7.jpg

Jojo and Mega Man Legends

lot5eh0.jpg

Evil Zone and PS2 game

The backs look terrific as well, but too lazy to do more pics at the moment. As expected, a few slight changes need to be made, but for the most part they look pretty damn good. Also, these are all in dusty, old cases. They'd probably look better in shiny new ones.

before you put them in i found folding the sides on the spine make it look a little better, it kinda hides the spnies's ps2 black bar a little. Did you just use DVD cases? Some of my ps2 games are like a little blue which annoys me.

kracker, those are some very nice covers. You mind if i upload them to the new Cover site? You'd get credit as the author/artist.

I just ordered 100 single DVD cases. Post on my For Sale/For Trade post or message me if you are interested in some.

Do we have a master list of what is done and what still needs high resolution scans? I have a scanner sitting here not doing much currently.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']I just ordered 100 single DVD cases. Post on my For Sale/For Trade post or message me if you are interested in some.

Do we have a master list of what is done and what still needs high resolution scans? I have a scanner sitting here not doing much currently.[/QUOTE]

Anything you have will probably be of use somehow. If you have any of the games listed Here, those'll be of the most use to me. I also might buy a few of those DVD cases off you.

[quote name='SMMM']Anything you have will probably be of use somehow. If you have any of the games listed Here, those'll be of the most use to me. I also might buy a few of those DVD cases off you.[/quote]
I just bought Gran Turismo ($1.00!) and my room mate has Xenogears so I scan those two up. I'll let you know when the cases arrive and we can work out some deal.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Do we have a master list of what is done and what still needs high resolution scans? I have a scanner sitting here not doing much currently.[/QUOTE]

I have a handful of PS1 covers here that haven't been converted yet, but I have an ancient scanner and no editing abilities. I'd be willing to send them out if you (or anyone else for that matter) has the desire and ability to scan and convert them. What I have:

Mortal Kombat: Mythologies
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro
Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers Time Force

Let me know if anyone wants to take these cases, as it's the best I can do to contribute to the cause.

So, I am trying to scan Xenogears (Gran Turismo actually only has the manual) and I am setting the scanner to 300 DPI but the images come out with that ugly dotty pattern because of how it is printed I guess. There is a auto filter for magazine type scans, but it makes the image really soft, could be called blurry. Auto sharpness enhance doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Any tips to try? I am using a Lexmark X8350

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']So, I am trying to scan Xenogears (Gran Turismo actually only has the manual) and I am setting the scanner to 300 DPI but the images come out with that ugly dotty pattern because of how it is printed I guess. There is a auto filter for magazine type scans, but it makes the image really soft, could be called blurry. Auto sharpness enhance doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Any tips to try? I am using a Lexmark X8350[/QUOTE]

Try scanning at 600dpi with the filter on. It probably won't look as blurry when reduced to 300 that way.

[quote name='SMMM']Try scanning at 600dpi with the filter on. It probably won't look as blurry when reduced to 300 that way.[/quote]

Okay, gotta head to work in a little bit so I will try that later.

[quote name='Rozz']AkumaHau did a beautiful job on the Rival Schools box.[/QUOTE]

Using that artwork as a base, I've created a custom, rough BETA in my style.

[media]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8057/rivalschoolsblx5.jpg[/media]

[media]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5753/rivalpreviewsf0.jpg[/media]

This should be the final (for now)..

[quote name='SMMM']Using that artwork as a base, I've created a custom, rough BETA in my style.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6681/rivalschoolsbyy4.jpg

Still need to add/change the small stuff, but I'll do that later.[/quote]

Nice! Now, why not try Street Fighter Collection :bouncy:

Also, do you use photoshop, and what do you think about my A-Train cover a few pages back? Keep in mind I have to use MS Paint :cool:

[quote name='Rozz']Nice! Now, why not try Street Fighter Collection :bouncy:

Also, do you use photoshop, and what do you think about my A-Train cover a few pages back? Keep in mind I have to use MS Paint :cool:[/QUOTE]

I could probably Street Fighter Collection. There's a ton of SF2 artwork out there, so it shouldn't be hard.

And the A-Train cover isn't too bad. It could definitely use some cleaning up, but I like the direction you were going with it.

@rival schools, any reason why the logo isn't centered? i think it might look a tad better with it centered, just a thought.

I found a huge, beautiful piece of Castlevania: SOTN artwork that I know I had to turn into a cover. Soo, another BETA ready. Like Rival Schools, it's done for the most part. Just need to add/change the little things that are a lot less fun to do than the big stuff...

EDIT: It's done.

[media]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9964/castlevaniapreviewfa8.jpg[/media]

idk how you would do this but if you find this art pieces from just like deviantart or something try and put a credit in there somewhere to them.

[quote name='SMMM']I could probably Street Fighter Collection. There's a ton of SF2 artwork out there, so it shouldn't be hard.

And the A-Train cover isn't too bad. It could definitely use some cleaning up, but I like the direction you were going with it.[/quote]
Please dont forget that Alpha 2 Gold is part of Street Fighter Collection, IMO the art from Alpha 2 is superior to Street Fighter II.... btw do you use photoshop? I find it a bit hard to work with MS paint. Here are two of my other custom covers though, all made with MS Paint:

Let me know what you think...

Updated post #281 with the Final (for now) version of Rival Schools. I decided to just bite the bullet and cover homeboy that was there at the top. If you want the hi-rez, PM me. I'm going to wait a week before I upload these to thecoverproject.net

Probably a lot different than what you were all expecting, but..

[media]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2414/xenogearspreviewnd6.jpg[/media]

Still in BETA. I'll finish it up either tonight or tomorrow. Oh, and big thanks to WhoKnowsWho. Even though it doesn't look like it now, I couldn't have done it without your scans.

Edit: Done, and updated as such.

Any chance that anyone has a cover for thunderforce V? I recently picked up a disc only copy and it would be awesome if I could get it in a case. Nice work on everthing so far btw everyone. The SOTN cover is amazing.

Has anyone seen or can do a cover for
WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role?

Thanks, I am also going to try and work on it myself for a while. I have never done a cover before so I believe this will be a challenge.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Has anyone seen or can do a cover for
WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role?

Thanks, I am also going to try and work on it myself for a while. I have never done a cover before so I believe this will be a challenge.[/quote]

You gotta start somewhere, and they are quite fun to work on, even if they do turn out crappy... it is a learning experience after all.... be sure to post it when you're done. I can try my hand at it, but I'm stuck with.... MS Paint.:cold:

bread's done
Back