PS1 Custom DVD Cover Art - Calling all artistic CAGers!

looks like theres a white line in the front cover of oddworld (or maybe its just my computer?). Otherwise these are really good.

thank you...not the best, i know, but i do try. i need some new ideas though....anybody got any suggestions on covers to be done?

-dashobbity

i would love having a starwars episode 1 jedi power battles or a maximum force cover. i can't provide any scans though but I'm sure u can find some somewhere.

ask and ye shall recieve...lol heres jedi power battles...i am currently working on ep. 1 the phantom menace and dark forces conversions to dvd covers...enjoy! -dashobbity

Wow, this is getting a ton more traffic than the DC thread...possibly due to the quick agreement on the template. I still think I want to do this, then I realized my CD cases were the exact same height as my DS cases.

Hmm...what to do? Plus, none of my games have been done yet.

hey hey kids...i got "the italian job" 98 percent finished, and im working on "spider: the video game" cover conversion...and....

im also working on a AD&D Iron and Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft cover conversion. yes, i know, not the best game, but, hey, i liked it...lol

anyhoo, ill try to convert any cover possible....

the italian job will be posted shortly...like, tues or so...

mad love for the ps1...lol

dashobbity

[quote name='b0bx13']Anyone know if Kinkos will print these? I tried Officemax and they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not. You're better off printing them at home if you have a decent printer. Costs more, but oh well.

Can someone make some covers for these, I would appreciate it:
I bought these disc-only.
Megaman X4
Metal Gear Solid: VR missions
Armored Core
Warhawk
Colony Wars series

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Maybe, maybe not. You're better off printing them at home if you have a decent printer. Costs more, but oh well.[/QUOTE]
That would be my first choice, but the only printer I have access to here is my parents' 6 year old HP :lol:

[quote name='b0bx13']That would be my first choice, but the only printer I have access to here is my parents' 6 year old HP :lol:[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind waiting a couple days, you can PM Speed Racer here at CAG. He prints at 35cents per cover on highquality cardstock. Really great stuff, and much cheaper than anything at a Kinkos.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=21186

hey all...

sorry im a few days late..with the 4th and all, i had alot going on...but, heres some goodies!

ps- anotherpoorgamer, i got your list, and am working on those covers as we speak! heres mgs vr missions!

and for everyone, the same list applys...ill make covers as soon as i find artwork and covers ...so make requests...it gives me a purpose..lol

heres the goodies:

the italian job
mgs: vr missions
spider: the video game

*all scratched off my list!*

checking back soon for more work...

dashobbity

I just noticed some of my covers on Snackbar. I had no idea he put them up but whooo acknowledgement. :D

Those look really great dashobbity! Thanks for all the hard work! I have a couple more game scans that I will post on Sunday if I get the chance. Thanks again!

working on it cyrix!!! its one of the hardest covers ive tried to convert so far...but i am making progress...ill have it up asap!...

dashobbit

i got some new goodies..(singing)

here we go...

megaman X4,
cyrix's maximum force cover, and...
armored core....

enjoy!

tada!!!

*goes back to work, making ps1 conversions for the free world!!*

dashobbit

you mean those 640x347 are them? sorry, those are nice, but won't print very well unless they're a lot bigger.

Everything ok?

Thread has been dead a couple of days and I was just wondering if the new covers have been uploaded yet or not.

This is an awesome undertaking! I just found this thread thru Google on accident and now I can't stop thinking about changing my PS1 games over to PS2 cases, heh. ^_^

Question though: I don't have access (that I know of) to a fancy printer - anyone on here print these covers for others (obviously for a fee)...? I might be interested.

[quote name='Speed Racer From The Genesis Thread']
If anyone is interested in having the video game inserts that are available for download printed out but don't have the resources to do it I'm offering a print service at a cost of $0.35 per insert plus a small S&H fee. I can print them out on a thin, glossy cardstock that will hold up better than paper. The printer I use is a high end commercial grade color laser that's as big as a washing machine, no kidding, and it does an incredible job. The only thing I ask is that you order a minimum of two inserts because the sheets I use are 12" x 18" and this will help prevent wasting the cardstock. If you check my feedback you'll see that I already have two very satisfied customers.
[/quote]

There ya go

[quote name='wannabepunktony']This is an awesome undertaking! I just found this thread thru Google on accident and now I can't stop thinking about changing my PS1 games over to PS2 cases, heh. ^_^

Question though: I don't have access (that I know of) to a fancy printer - anyone on here print these covers for others (obviously for a fee)...? I might be interested.[/QUOTE]

Yep. All you need to do is PM Speed Racer. He does real quality prints on professional cardstock for 35cents each (about half as cheap as anything you'll get at a Kinkos). Great stuff.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=21186

EDIT: zerofiz beat me to it lol

Thread has been dead for a couple of days.... no covers? I was really looking forward to that Italian Job.

I just got Parasite Eve into a DVD case and it looks great!

if anyone is taking requests, i need a "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons- Iron and Blood: Warriors of Ravenloft" cover....i cant seem to find good art or covers for it anywhere, and i just got a copy off ebay with not cover or instructions...any help, or custom cover would do! thanks!

-dashobbity

First off what the nun?

Second off those jobs are really good.

Third off I could really see where you are going with this and would help out but I don't have the time at the moment. Personally I like the regular cases when compared to the DVD cases.

I mean they break apart too easy, I could see the Disc print on the other side of my cases. If I threw a dart at any DVD case Vs. any CD case the Cd case will allways win.

Once again great idea and if I have the time I will try to put in the effort.

All,

I'm relatively new to the site but I've been very impressed with the work I've seen done on the various cover projects. With that said, I wanted to try something a little different for my own PS1 cases: emulating the look of the old PS1 long boxes. Also, I wanted to change the spine slightly so that the PS1 games would stand out from the PS2 games. Below are links to some of my first attempts. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions; I'm not a Photoshop master by any strech. :)

Thanks,

rwilloug

Tekken 3
http://imageigloo.com/images/3291ps1_tekken3_longbox_web.jpg

Time Crisis
http://imageigloo.com/images/2475ps1_timecrisis_longbox_web.jpg

I've been trying to find scans of HDadvance 3.0 (the blue one) ever since I got the CD and DVD set. Mine never came in a package so I can't scan them in myself so I was wondering if anyone could provide me with high resolution scans or the complete print-ready PS2 Coverart. Thank you if you can and thanks anyways if you can't. :)

I currently making a "Vs. Series Anthology" case of sorts in my spare time. It's gonna have X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes, and Marvel vs Capcom. Or if I do 5 disc, I add X-men Children of the Atom in there as well.

[media]http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1012/mmlbam9.jpg[/media]

Good or no? I hated the orginal front and back so much that I decided to go 100% custom. Kind of a PS2/GCN hybrid.

Edit: Uploaded a more updated version
Edit 2: Changed the upper back. It's actually readable now! =) Also updated the hi-rez I posted later down there...

[quote name='cyrix`']nice work, you have a hi-res copy too rite[/QUOTE]

yep, available on request.

Or you can go right here:

http://www.box.net/public/3dpad87amo

The style was inspired from me trying to convert the GCN RE3 cover to a PS1, which is finished and right here:

Hi-Rez

I'm going to try to do all my games in this style now. No requests of games I don't have plleaase. Mainly because these took me a couple hours at a time.

DINO CRISIS!!

[media]http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/8979/dc2boj0.jpg[/media]

Only thing not customized in that is the art on the front. Everything else was spliced and inserted from scratch.

So I finally have a (crappy) scanner and access to my limited PS1 games. I can scan what I have if anyone's interested, and if someone is willing to adjust the images (they seem a bit washed out when I scan them) and put them together into a nice cover. So, would anyone be willing to help with:

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2 Enter: Electro
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes
Iron Man/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal
Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers: Time Force

I also have the "Weskers Report" disc from Resident Evil Code Veronica X, if anyone's interested in doing something with that. So...anyone? :)

bread's done
Back