PS1 Custom DVD Cover Art - Calling all artistic CAGers!

Wow, a lot of those are extremely nice and are well done. Good job to all those who have done some custom art! Now, how about some more PS1 RPG goodness? :D

[quote name='peteloaf']Here's a start - I just used what images I could google - I took a little artistic liberty with it and rather than just do a straight conversion I did it in the style that atlus has been using lately (Magna Carta, etc) Let me know what everybody thinks. Also if anybody wants a higher resolution version PM me and I'll send an uncompressed PDF. (Imageshack won't let me post an uncompressed version...)

[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, that's fucking amazing... and lucky me, I got Persona 2 yesterday.

Thanks for the praise, I think I'll work on Star Ocean or maybe Parasite Eve next.
Also, if you'd like, I can email you a pdf in high resolution for a better print out, just PM me and I'll send it

since i dont like rpgs and dont have a ps1 the only ps1 games i got is maximum force and star wars jedi power battles, would love having some dvd covers so they can fit with the rest of my ps2 games.

[quote name='cyrix`']since i dont like rpgs and dont have a ps1 the only ps1 games i got is maximum force and star wars jedi power battles, would love having some dvd covers so they can fit with the rest of my ps2 games.[/QUOTE]

You're missing out. The PS1 has a lot more than just RPGs. like....umm....err....Klonoa!

[quote name='SMMM']You're missing out. The PS1 has a lot more than just RPGs. like....umm....err....Klonoa![/QUOTE]

Only non-RPGs I thought were worth owning on the PS1 were the MGS games, Castlevania SOTN (best game ever), and Metal Slug X. I love RPGs though so I got my money's worth out of the system.

I was wondering if anyone could do the following:

Alien Ressureccion
Alien Trilogy
Silent Hill
Megaman X3, X4, X5, X6
Megaman Legends 1, 2
Bishi Bashi Special
Castlevania Chronicles
R-Type Delta
Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, Survivor
Gran Turismo
Dino Crisis
Monkey Hero
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee
Tombi/Tomba
Digimon World 2003
Digimon Rumble Arena
Metal Gear Solid
Bomberman Fantasy Race

If needed, I can try to get some artwork for these.

So I'm new here, had some friends from PA I knew that posted here and I got started making these covers. Not that great at it right now but yeah. The few I've made are a little rough around the edges at parts.

I took down the hi-res version of my green VR Missions case. There were a lot of mistakes that I couldn't really see until I printed it out. I'm going to fix it then repost.

VRgrnsm2.jpg

(high resolution version has the spine text positioned slightly differently from preview above)
I also noticed this one looks awful printed in black and white. I'm going to print it in color tomorrow. If it doesn't look right after that, then I might just scrap it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope Ruined doesn't mind but I took his FFVII cover, which I loved but changed the front and added the 3-discs to the spine.

Click Here for High Resolution version

FF7dvdaltsm.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________

And since Ruined did a Playstation cover for Chrono Trigger, and since Chrono Trigger comes with FFIV in FFChronicles, I made an FFIV box art.

Click Here for High Resolution version

FF4small2.jpg

Also I was making an alternate version of VR Missions that more closely resembles Metal Gear Solid Integral, that was only released in Japan. VR Missions came as a bonus disc to Integral in Japan. I don't know if I'll ever finish this one.

VRsmallhalf.jpg

These are nice! Hey I'm sure you could just get a nice dark red font and make your own back. If no one wants to do it send me a hi-res copy and I'll look into it.

Wow, great job ShimSham the VR Mission covers look fantastic! :applause: (and so do the others of course).

By the way, it seems there are a lot of covers in this topic so far, do you guys think Snowcone would like to host them at the SnackBar?

I think it does matter. There are sooooo many PlayStation games I find at garage sales and game stores without a case. I like the DVD case idea. Go ahead and give a PM to Snowcone. Just remember to upload your covers to the website.

Would anyone be willing to make a Time Crisis case with these images (sadly the best I could find)? Trying to make it fit into my collection with the rest of the TC games. Any takers would be much appreciated :)

These are really nice, and I'm gonna get some PS2 cases so I can use these printouts. Keep it up!

Oh, and also, I don't have a color printer, and I was gonna mooch off my friend's printer, but he won't let me, so I'm guessing I could go down to kinco's and print out these things?

How much would that cost, and should I use a special type of paper they might have there? I'm pretty clueless :D

Thanks!

[quote name='Chrono72090']These are really nice, and I'm gonna get some PS2 cases so I can use these printouts. Keep it up!

Oh, and also, I don't have a color printer, and I was gonna mooch off my friend's printer, but he won't let me, so I'm guessing I could go down to kinco's and print out these things?

How much would that cost, and should I use a special type of paper they might have there? I'm pretty clueless :D

Thanks![/quote]
At my Kinkos it costs $0.20 per minute to use their computer and then $1 per color printout. Sizing is the key part, make sure you know beforehand what program printing under what options will give you the right size, otherwise you'll go there and waste money. Information on the right paper is on the first page.

[quote name='ShimSham']At my Kinkos it costs $0.20 per minute to use their computer and then $1 per color printout. Sizing is the key part, make sure you know beforehand what program printing under what options will give you the right size, otherwise you'll go there and waste money. Information on the right paper is on the first page.[/quote]

Sounds complicated o_x

My suggestion is to go to a local print shop rather than a Kinko's, as the people behind the counter will generally have a better idea of what you are doing and what you're looking for.

If you can find one. These days everything is turning into Kinko's. But yes, I think a local print shop would definitely be more helpful than Kinko's.

For those of us waiting for Resident Evil DVD covers.. this may be a stroke of genius (at least for those of us who need RE2 and RE3:N).

Take the GameCube DVD covers for those two games and just copy the stuff onto a PS2 template. You'd have to replace a few things, like the Nintendo seal of quality, but I bet it could be done rather easily. I suck at image editing, otherwise I'd give it a shot myself. I might even make a lameass attempt later.

Thats what I tried with the Dreamcast DVD cover project and it doesn't look that good. And its also really annoying when your UT DC cover says its i.link compatible :(

[quote name='PRMega']Would anyone be willing to make a Time Crisis case with these images (sadly the best I could find)? Trying to make it fit into my collection with the rest of the TC games. Any takers would be much appreciated :)
[/QUOTE]

Screw it, made me own.

My first attempt, so perhaps not the greatest...but it works :)

[quote name='PRMega']Screw it, made me own.

My first attempt, so perhaps not the greatest...but it works :)[/QUOTE]

Question: if I just print this out, and then cut it, will it fit in a DVD case? Or will I have to crop/resize it?

[quote name='Vinny']Question: if I just print this out, and then cut it, will it fit in a DVD case? Or will I have to crop/resize it?[/QUOTE]

Should just print it out and be good to go. Least it worked that way for me.

This thread is quiet, so what the hell?

I'm trying to get my cover for Mythologies down below 1mb so I can get it up on Imageshack, too.

Can you try to just make your covers CUSTOM instead of just stretching out the back? Can't even read the back of your first cover. Go to www.box.net and sign up for a gig of free hosting guys.

[quote name='cyrix`']Can you try to just make your covers CUSTOM instead of just stretching out the back? Can't even read the back of your first cover. Go to www.box.net and sign up for a gig of free hosting guys.[/QUOTE]

Could I? Sure.

Does any one out there *really* give enough of a rat's ass about MK: Special Forces for me to bother? I sincerely doubt it.

nice rockin x, cept on the spin u need to match the blacks up, other wise I really like. I like how another project is picking up.

oh snap I just realized all of your case have a Black background on the PS logo on the spine when it should be a white...

[quote name='cyrix`']oh snap I just realized all of your case have a Black background on the PS logo on the spine when it should be a white...[/quote]

yeah, i actually did that on purpose. it helps to make a distinction between the psx and ps2 games.

i.e. -

ps2 games have the white background
psx games have the black background

now what really throws it off is that ps2 greatest hits games also have the black background. *sigh* (of course, the red spine stands out though on these;)).

you may also notice that i didn't include the slus # on the spine (cause i didn't want to be that anal ;)) and the front cover "header" block is a bit thicker (vertically) than ps2 games. this helps reduce the amount the front image needs to be stretched, and also a small visual distinction between psx & ps2.

p.s. - also, some of the earlier ones i did have the back cover cropped too close on the left and right sides, thus truncating some text. this is because i had trimmed them down before i decided to start scanning them & making covers. just an fyi in case you want to use these.

[quote name='iamchul']are they the normal dvd cases?[/quote] no

[quote name='iamchul']whats a slim dvd case.. [/quote] slim dvd cases are literally half the size of a regular dvd case. do you know how they started making "slim" cd jewel cases? same deal but w/ dvd cases.

you can't really tell the size difference from this link, but here are the ones that I personally buy. (memorex slim dvd cases - clear)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001MKU48/002-1491316-8794412?v=glance&n=172282

you can also buy these in-store at:
k-mart (cost ~$13.00/25pack)
staples (cost ~$20.00/25pack)

note: you can buy these in black or clear. i personally like the clear because it hides fingerprints on the plastic better, and allows the possibility to print an image on the inside as well as the outside.

p.s. - to get the clear, slim "double" cases (holds 2 discs)... i have only seen these at staples (staples branded) (cost ~$16.00/20pack).
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=102420&cmArea=SEARCH
i have not seen these anywhere else in the "clear" variety.

bread's done
Back